Open Chronicles Researching in the Allirian Archives

A roleplay open for anyone to join
All in an instant, things changed drastically in the Allirian Archives. Myles didn't know how to process what went on but he would still try to defuse the situation.

"I gave you what you wanted, please just give her the antidote and be on your way. I will not call for the guard. Look at me....I am a scholar."

An overwhelming feeling of rage and worry came over him, something he hadn't felt in a long time. He wanted to get his walking stick and whack this assailant square between the eyes but Myles knew when to pick a fight and when to lay down his arms.

"What do you want" he would ask in a nervous tone.
If he played the cards right, the ranger and the scholar would be safe to fight another day
Lia | Lectrix

• Yay
Reactions: Lia
Listen Princess He said to the archer, clearly not phased by her words. He met her gaze, challenging the fire in her eyes with his own. This isn't my first time doing this. Do you see another ranger around here at all? I'm actually insulted you believe me that stupid. And the city guard... Don't make me laugh. Those brain dead idiots couldn't do anything about this even if they tried. Now put the sword down, you'll hurt yourself when the poison sets in. He smiled as he finished his words, his free hand reaching into his knife pouch as a precautionary measurement.

As for you, he said, turning his head to now meet the gaze of the scholar behind the tip of his dagger. For a moment, his eyes seemed to calm, but as soon as the calm had come in, it had been replaced by determination, a look of intimidation. Drop the stick, disarm yourself, and put your hands behind your head. And don't give me any of that shit. If I were to let you go, you'd get the first brainlet you could find and beg for help. Well guess what, most people here know the myths of the Ghost in Alliria. No one's gonna help you now. Don't even think about trying anything heroic either. A flick of my wrist, and your vast amounts of knowledge flows to the ground with your blood.

He kept his gaze on the scholar, but trained his other senses to the ranger behind him. He knew she probably had some sort of projectile to throw at him at anytime as a last resort, so he had to be ready to either dodge it or deflect, depending on the projectile. Maybe even meet it with his own throwing knife.

• Yay
There were half a dozen things she could have done in that moment, but most of them would lead to Myles getting killed.

That was the danger here really, none to herself.

Fingers tightened around the hilt of her weapon as she considered her options. They had no idea what the man wanted, why he was here save for those maps he'd asked for earlier. If he was after money there would have been better targets. Both she and Myles were far from rich, and the Archives weren't a bank.

Her fingers tightened again.

There wasn't much she could do, and with her lower half slowly getting more and more numb she knew that her options were quickly running out. "Leave."

She said simply once more.

Myles quickly shot his eyes over to the Ranger and could tell that the poison was coursing faster through her body. There wouldn't be much time--he needed that antidote even if it means compliance.

"Fine" he said as he dropped his stick, and it clanged to the floor with a wooden thud. He maintained eye contact with their assailant and slowly raised his hands up, nodding in the meantime. Soon they found their place on the back of his head as they clasped together to form a bond that he dare not break for right now.

"We need to get you that antidote" he offered to Lia. He made one final attempt to defuse the situation in order to save his new friend. Was she his friend? Myles smiled at the thought.

"Take what you want and give the lady her antidote please. I am no threat and the ranger is getting weak, you have the upper hand here"

The Scholar could feel sweat permeating on his brow at the intensity of this situation.

• Yay
He cracked a smile at the sound of the ranger's last word. He knew he had her weakened, and her sword would do her no justice without her legs. And if she attempted anything, there was a knife with her name on it.

He eased his focus less on the scholar and focused his sense more on the ranger. He had to make sure he was safe.

What I came here for is you, Widogast. Someone really wants something from your father, and they figured they would get it in exchange for you. Either you come quietly, or I knock you out and drag you out of here myself.

When he said this, a grimace appeared on his face for just a moment. He had to do this. He had no choice. It was either him, or her.

• Yay
Her fingers tightened again.

Kidnapping was...difficult to say the least, especially when it was someone the size of Myles. She'd dealt with a case or two before, but it had involved entire groups of bandits and a merchants daughter.

Myles was no merchant's daughter.

A free hand went roaming to her side, a small pouch that she kept there. Inside was nothing really all that threatening. A few pieces of paper, A little bit of wax, and some steel balls the size of sunflower seeds.

Her entire body seemed to tense, ready to pounce...if she even could.

Standing there with his eyes wide open he was still in shock at what this assailant truly needed. Surely this could have been approached with more tact and even a kind word?
"You could have asked me. I like giving information to people, not withholding it. What do you need from my father?"

The tone of his voice could tell Lia and this stranger that he would be willing to do whatever the cost to get out of this situation and to help his Ranger friend.

To further prevent agitation Myles complied and nodded.
"I will go quietly. Not a peep."

• Yay
I don't ask questions, I just deliver.

Lectrix removed his hand from his knife pocket and placed his hand on the scholar's shoulder. He quickly turned him around and put him in an arm lock, putting the scholar's right arm behind his back.

Don't think I have my guard down. One little movement that I don't like and I snap your arm off. Do we have an understanding.

His voice was coarse, unrelenting, and strong, and yet, it still contained a hint of desperation.

And as for you, he said, looking over at the ranger. You'rs stronger than you look. But the poison should be incapacitating you soon. The antidote... well... you couldn't have possibly thought it would be that easy. He removed a small case from his bag, and held in in front of him. This contains a blade coated with the antidote. All you need to do is make a small cut on your outer thigh, It should neutralize the agent as fast as it acted. He then put the case up on the highest shelf in his vicinity.

Have fun getting that. He locked eyes with her, then winked. See ya around.

• Yay
Her fingers tightened and she slowly looked after Myles as they began to walk away.

The knife with the antitode was on top of a shelf...out of her reach of course. She frowned for a moment, fiddling with something in her back for just a second before her lips tightened and she loudly called out to Myles. "I'll come back for you!"

It was a statement of fact, a promise.

She had only met the man...about twenty minutes ago, but he had been kind, friendly, and more than a little helpful to her cause. Lia wouldn't abandon him to whatever fate this man had in store for him.

Especially since she had no idea what it would be.

She just had to get that dagger first.

I'm sure you will princess

Lectrix chuckled to himself, pushing Myles towards the door. Even though the situation was bad for them as well as himself, he could always take pleasure in a supposed good guy in a hopeless situation.

A part him, however, felt bad for her. Was this really how he was going about this? Would they approve of this? Was this how he was going to raise them to be?

No, he had to do this. It was easier. Being the bad guy is way easier, he thought. No complications, just business. Until that business interjects into his personal life.

• Yay
Reactions: Kasim Areth
Being prodded with a dagger to his back, Myles complied with his unknown assailant as Lia called out to him. Hearing the sincerity in her voice made him feel somewhat at ease.

"Don't worry about me my friend. I'll be fine."

But would he be fine? Something told him that once this business was over with his father, he could return home safely. He could be wrong however.

"You can put your dagger off my skin now. You'll get no trouble from me. Whatever you need from my father.....he is a reasonable man."

This wasn't a ploy....nor was he patronizing the figure behind him. He wanted to defuse the situation and be on semi-pleasant terms with this person.
Lia Lectrix

• Yay
Fine.

Lectrix let the tip of the dagger fall off the Myle's back, yet not letting any force leave on his arm. He wasn't about to let his guard down, but he knew in the back of his head that he definitely could handle the unarmed man if he were to escape. He returned the dagger to it's sheath and pushed him out of the Archive to the streets of Alliria.

• Yay