Fate - First Reply Reborn to the Night

A 1x1 Roleplay where the first writer to respond can join

Captain Wark

The Bloodhound
Character Biography
Link
The hunger, it's insatiable, all consuming, driving... Driving him out of his mind!

Captain Wark, yes his name is Captain.
Former soldier and former city guard of Elbion. He drove everyone away once he died in his sleep and awoke as a vampire. He couldn't bear the thought of feeding on one of his friends or comrades, or even going out to feed on innocents in general. He had thought he could fight it, he thought he could simply remain in the coffin he made for himself and just let himself die, he had thought that he had the strength to resist that hunger... But now it was all he could think about, his body and every cell and organ he possessed was screaming for blood!

He couldn't fight it forever.

He pushed open the coffin and crawled out, pressing his face into the cool dirt of his cellar to ease the feverish gnawing that made everything burn within him. He didn't sweat, his flesh was cold... But still he felt the miserable heat in his mind as he craved for the red blood the pumped through the veins of those walking about outside his small house, their heartbeats were like miniature thumping explosions in his ears, his teeth itched and his fangs extended once again as another wave of cravings washed over him, his claws dug deep into the earth and he fought to maintain control.

Who had done this to him? The what wasn't the question, he knew about vampires but he didn't know wat he was supposed to do now! He didn't want to be this, he didn't want to be a monster, but could he deny it any longer? That hunger, the waves of cravings didn't get any better in fact they got worse every time.
Another wave his, his stomach clenched and agony washed over every muscle in his body. He stood up and ran up the stairs and fled from his basement out into his small living area, thankfully it was nighttime, he had left his window curtains open to keep him from coming up, answering the door and inviting anyone in. But now it was dark and the burning sun couldn't keep him indoors, he threw on his cloak and went outside.

The streets were quiet, but there were still people about. He couldn't be obvious and start a killing spree, but if he didn't find someone soon he was going to lose his mind.
He took off at a brisk walk into the night streets of Elbion, on the hunt for an unsuspecting victim.

Today of all days was her two-hundredths and sixteenth birthday, a day of all the others in which she hated. Ever since the turning of her first sixteenth birthday, she found no enjoyment in having a day set aside just for her, for those days were a celebration of life and she was anything but living. Lana Alaric Vladimir had lived a total of sixteen years and had been a...huntress of the night.... for about two hundred and yet she was still the youngest amongst the grand Vladimir house. Although Lana hunted at night, she was able to walk amongst mortals in the day, for the magical stone with her family crest embedded into a beautiful ring rested upon her fingers.
Lana would hear a croak from beyond her casket-boxed walls and a vision of sort filled her mind. She could smell the dirt of a cellular within the vision, instantly she knew she was in a basement but who's perspective was she seeing... was it a newly turned? It must have been because she could feel the urge of hunger... the desperate need for human blood but the small vision instantly stop at the sound of another croak beyond the casket in which she laid in. Her eyes open revealing a golden hazel... not normal amongst vampiric beings but it was what made her unique. With one arm pushed up the lid of her casket revealed the dead beauty who had been sleeping inside.
The young-looking woman sat up, annoyed that she had to wake up on the one day she wishes she could forget but upon remembering the vision she had just seen... she knew no good could come of a newly turned walking amongst mortals at night. Taking her time she climbed out of her box and walked over to a broken mirror found in the darkest chambers of her large home. "you're awake... and feel it don't you child...." said a familiar cold voice from behind her.
"Grandfather Ulysses... yes I'm very much awake and wish I hadn't been awoken. I was at peace sleeping for a good decade and now you've awoken me for what?" Lana spoke, the tone of her voice was alluring but dangerously chilled. "I awoke you because you needed to awake... but enough of this foolish tantrum. It has seemed a new vampire has been born..." State her grandfather before being cut off from his voice.
"yes, I know... I sensed his bloodlust from miles away. I will not recruit him if that is what you are asking of me. Now... I must be off before this new blood gets himself killed." Lana said grabbing her noble red cloak and disappearing into a red blood mist. Reappearing, she would find herself in the area in which the newly turned would be running around.... like clockwork she spotted him. Make sure she didn't scare him off, she approached him subtly.

Last edited:
  • Bless
Reactions: Captain Wark
He walked with his head down and his eyes downcast, he hid his fangs that were itching to sink into the flesh of another living creature but his red eyes were more difficult to conceal.
He wandered around, casting furtive glances at everyone he passed, judging them and trying to determine whether he could entrap them or get them alone.

Couples, ladies and gentlemen, singular night strollers, no one that he thought would follow him out of sight... That was until a street prostitute caught his eye.
He stepped up to her tipped her a silver, and then took her into an alley.
As soon as they were out of sight of the street he struck her, knocking her out cold.
He knelt down beside her, pulling her hair away from her neck.

He could smell her blood and see it pumping through her veins, he could hear her heartbeat hammering in her chest... His fangs ached and his throat felt parched, he was so hungry... So thirsty...
He leaned down to her neck, opened his mouth with his fangs primed to open her artery...

No! This is wrong! What am I doing?!

He gasped and threw himself away from her, snarling and his teeth gnashing as if he were protesting against himself, part of him wanting to feed and the other part denying himself.
He looked horrified at the unconscious girl in the alleyway and covered his face with his hands.
His voice was a whisper, "What is happening to me?"

"Bloodlust... it's the stage a newly turned goes through when they are reborn into the world. It can make or break the future of your new life. Some get a choice... others..." Lana grimaces letting her sentence fall short. "So... what exactly was your plan. Just to wander through the night, feed, and return to whatever coffin you came from? If so, that's an easy way to get hunted... and die again, but I'm not here to lecture or tell you how you should feed. Now if you want my help then that another ordeal..." Lama said as she stepped forward slipping the noble red hood of her cloak back revealing her face in the sulking moonlight.

Without saying another word, the night huntress walked forward towards the human body and nudged the female prostitute awake in which immediate fear would flow through her body as she pressed her back against the wall not wanting to be harmed again. Lana picked the female up by her neck and pressed the female against the wall as she looked her in the eyes. "you will return to the streets, you will forget what has happened to or the faces of me and this man. You will do what I have instructed quickly..." Lana said as she dropped the mortal to her feet which allowed the prostitute to scramble to her feet and do exactly as Lana instructed.

"Now back to you..." Lana said with a slight annoyance at the fact her Grandfather might be right. "I'm not here to recruit you but you would benefit from a master. Someone who can teach the new rules of your new life. First, we can start by getting you a ring like the one I have on my finger now. These rings are rare but they help you survive the light of day and gives you a somewhat normal life. I can't teach you everything in one night but If you stick with me... you will be independent in no time... that is if my family doesn't get their grasp on you. So now is the time to make your choice... either depart from me and have a strong chance of dying again or Survive by accepting my generous request to help." Lana said giving the man time to gather his thoughts and make a decision as she looked upon her daylight ring showing not an ounce of care for what the male would decide.

"Bloodlust... it's the stage a newly turned goes through when they are reborn into the world. It can make or break the future of your new life. Some get a choice... others..." Lana grimaces letting her sentence fall short. "So... what exactly was your plan. Just to wander through the night, feed, and return to whatever coffin you came from? If so, that's an easy way to get hunted... and die again, but I'm not here to lecture or tell you how you should feed. Now if you want my help then that another ordeal..."
He looked up at her as she entered the alley, his red eyes almost feverish in their intensity as she strode forward unafraid, the reason for her lack of fear became evident when she pulled back her hood, her unusual eyes and the cast of her skin... She had asked him what his plan had been and he couldn't really answer... The hunger drove him, he barely had the presence of mind to not attack the first person he saw right in the middle of the street.
"Why would... Why would I want your help?"
He asked her breathlessly as he fought to contain his urge to feed.

He watched as she cast some sort of spell on the woman he had targeted for his meal and let her go. He let out a relieved sigh as the object of his temptation was removed.
He closed his eyes and rubbed them as if he suddenly had a bad headache.

"Now back to you..." Lana said with a slight annoyance at the fact her Grandfather might be right. "I'm not here to recruit you but you would benefit from a master. Someone who can teach the new rules of your new life. First, we can start by getting you a ring like the one I have on my finger now. These rings are rare but they help you survive the light of day and gives you a somewhat normal life. I can't teach you everything in one night but If you stick with me... you will be independent in no time... that is if my family doesn't get their grasp on you. So now is the time to make your choice... either depart from me and have a strong chance of dying again or Survive by accepting my generous request to help."
He tried to think, he really did, but the hunger gnawing at his throat and made every part of his body scream with need made that very difficult.
He was crouched on the cobblestones but he rose to his knees and looked up at her with a snarl on his lips, his fangs extended and his shoulders back in a threatening posture, "A... master?... help?... Did you do this to me? Were you the one? Did you turn me into this?!"