Discussion Ranged Weapon

Gil'Tyrnin Solcrest

Paladin of Sol'nityr
Character Biography
Link
So I understand that there are no black powder in the game. However, what about magic rifles? Like say one that uses the power of magical energy stored in crystals to fire magic?

• Yay
Reactions: Tarathrieal
Nah lad, it's just pretty much no guns like. Calling it magic, alchemical powder, firedust, it's still a gun so no dice. If you have the magical ability to do what you're suggesting, why not just blast a fireball or lightning bolt?

Nah lad, it's just pretty much no guns like. Calling it magic, alchemical powder, firedust, it's still a gun so no dice. If you have the magical ability to do what you're suggesting, why not just blast a fireball or lightning bolt?
Well what if you didn't have the magic ability to use magic but the weapon could harness the charged magic to expel spells

Nope. No no no no.

Guns go against the spirit of this fantasy environment. We have few limitations here, gunpowder being one of them. If you have a scope or a barrel, it's a dang gun. It's just not cricket. We all signed up for a fantasy roleplay without guns. Please respect others peoples wishes in not dealing with guns.

What exactly are you trying to achieve by having a gun? Why not use a magical crossbow? Is it just flavour? Or advantage?

I don't want to write with someone who has the possibility of writing about machinegun or cannon fire. It's not what any of us signed up for here.

It would ruin immersion for many of us to see such a thing.

Nope. No no no no.

Guns go against the spirit of this fantasy environment. We have few limitations here, gunpowder being one of them. If you have a scope or a barrel, it's a dang gun. It's just not cricket. We all signed up for a fantasy roleplay without guns. Please respect others peoples wishes in not dealing with guns.

What exactly are you trying to achieve by having a gun? Why not use a magical crossbow? Is it just flavour? Or advantage?

I don't want to write with someone who has the possibility of writing about machinegun or cannon fire. It's not what any of us signed up for here.

It would ruin immersion for many of us to see such a thing.

No don't get me wrong, I have no desire to create a character or add it to Lore or any, I was just curious.

• Yay
Reactions: Gerra
I guess you could always point a finger at someone and go "bang" :)