Private Tales Path of redemption

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Willis nodded and looked ahead sighing as he did so. It was so unusual.... Vanderhops usually capture their victims alive. Why would it kill all of the villagers and then leave? Willis turned to Lara who was tying her long hair into a ponytail. "What a shame you're doing that," he smirked." You looked very pretty with long hair."

He was starting to feel comfortable around Lara, she didn't show any signs of wanting to kill him..... yet. However the Elven witch has a passion for wanting to slay the Vanderhop. Perhaps it was because the Frog Monster ruined her dress. In any case Willis ought to send her to the Wyvern's Nest in Elbion. She'll make for an excellent Monster Hunter.

"Yeah," Willis said. "Vanderhops our stealth predators though but it did leave trail. I'm doubtful, the Vanderhop will try to kill us now though. It needs to recover from its wounds."

The young man forgot that Vanderhops have the annoying ability to regenerate limbs. He always hated having to face Monsters that can heal wounds on the fly. From Trolls, to Vanderhops and the infamous Hydra why do all the big and vicious monsters have health regeneration?! The two of them reached a dead end and Willis frowned looking at his surroundings.

He noticed that there were to large footprints located near the stone wall. Slowly approaching it, Willis knelt down and placed his hand on the soil feeling the texture. "The Vanderhop stopped here," Willis said. "the size and shape of the foot prints indicate that he was here for a minute."

Where did the damn thing go indeed? Willis scanned the area, it was possible that the Vanderhop went to the river but there were no mucus or footprints. Maybe the wall? As soon as Willis touched it, symbols began to appear on the stone wall.

Saausan avhe paukukword agh enavas

"Black Speech," Willis said to Lara. "That's the only language the Vanderhop speaks. It's an ancient language that predates the Age of Urogoth."

Which makes this tricky, Willis learned a bit of the Black Speech to take down some monsters who spoke and to lift curses. The Black Speech was known as the Forbidden Language by scholars. The words were used to create or dispel curses and preform other forms of Dark Magic. The language allegedly sounded so awful that those who hear it breaks down in tears. It is said that only angry lunatics with a strong self-discipline know Black Speech as it's spells in the language are difficult to master.

"I know some of it," Willis said. "Speak the password then enter. Dunno what the password is though."

Although hesitant she spoke "I also speak it, Though i think more fluently then you"

She walked up to the wall and lifted her hand letting it land on the cold stone,
"Saausan avhe paukukword agh enavas" appeared on it, she slowly read it so as not to make a mistake,
she opened her mouth to say it but quickly closed it.

"Just ready your weapon when it opens, in case it decides to jump out" She said as she looked at Willis,
she turned back to the wall and spoke the password, the fact she could read it was easy, speaking it is more difficult.

Considering the passwords are normally quite dark,
Soon the wall opened up, showing a hidden area on the other side, dark and cold, she lit a small lantern and draped a cloth over it to dim it.

she quickly brought out her trusty blade whip and held it tightly, gazing upon it she gives a small glint of sadness but as quickly as it came the look vanished, and she held quite an angry expression,
"This blasted thing better be worth killing." she muttered as she walked in.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Smiling One
So Lara also knows how to speak Black Speech, Willis would be even more wary of her if it wasn't for the fact that they have a Vanderhop to hunt. "No need to tell me twice," Willis said unsheathing his Rapier. The cave ahead was dark and damp with the smell of rotting wood from the distance combined with the pitter patter of water falling from the ground.

Willis looked down and saw a trail of blood and mucus ahead of them. "I hope so," Willis said. "This thing is above my paygrade. I'm letting the Village Elder know that I demand extra." If there was one thing that Willis had trouble with the Monster Hunter Organization is that they don't offer any situations if the client refuses to pay. It is changing though since over the years there was a rise of clients being killed my Monster Hunters over disputes over pay.

"Come on," Willis said walking beside Lara It looks like he'll paying the Elven Witch half. A bit disappointing but he is appreciative of her help.

Delving deeper inside the cave, Willis heard some ragged breaths ahead and oozing noise. Frowning Willis stared at Lara and nodded. "I'll get close," he whispered to the Elf. "Cover me using your whip or magic."

The young man approached the glowing light and found the Vanderhop sitting atop his stone chair regrowing his arm. The creature saw Willis and his bulbous eyes grew large with fear. "Don'av hurav!" (Don't hurt!) It shouted in Black Speech. "Liwo ukpeak!" (Will speak!)

"More Black Speech," Willis sighed. "It seems this Vanderhop wants to negotiate," Willis stared Lara. "Could use your help," he said.

"Very well." She put away her blade whip but gave a sharp glare at the monster "But if it attacks, I'm killing it."

Lara walked up to the Vanderhop and began "Why did you kill those people? Or was it something else?"
"Don'va kuk" (Don't know!) The Vanderhop said as it stared at the girl that smashed it into the ground repeatedly.

Lara wasn't really capable of staying nice, even towards a monster, this wasn't going to be easy.

• Wonder
"What did he say?" Willis asked LAra. "The gist of what I got something about not knowing."

"Ij mage ukummonun alnej avold alnej avo drepa" (A mage summoned me told me to kill.) The Vanderhop replied leaning on his stone chair breathing unevenly. The arm which Willis blew off continued to grow at slow yet steady rate.

Willis frowned, he didn't understand any of it but the Vanderhop did mention a mage which likely meant that this Vanderhop was summoned. "You were summoned by a mage?" Willis asked. "Do you know who they are and why they did it?"

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Lara Angiris
The Vanderhop shook it's head.

Lara sighed, if it didn't know how were they going to find him? "It doesn't know."
Lara proceeded with unsheathing her blade whip, "We have no use for it if it doesn't know"
"Krav! Krav! Tik to plik ik ukummonun!" (Wait! Wait! Take to place of summon!) the Vanderhop said.

"Oh? You'll take us to where you were summoned?" She said in a monotone voice sightly mocking
she whacked the Vanderhop in the direction of the entrance "Then hurry up."

She wasn't in a good mood since it ruined her dress, "Also, Willis." She started

"You better treat me to a drink after this" She smirked and kept walking.

• Popcorn
A summoning place? So this Vanderhop wasn't bought to this place the traditional way? Willis crossed his arms frowning it sounded like a ritual, hopefully there'll be some magic residuals that can give them a clue as to who was the mage who did this. "Take us Vanderhop," Willis said. "But if you decieve us, you'll die. Got that?"

"Noav reg!" (Not lie!) The Vanderhop said beginning to walk deeper into its lair. Willis slowly followed the creature still not believing it. If the Vanderhop was summoned by the mage where was he? Depending on the mages summoning prowess, there's only a certain distance where a summoned person and a summoner must be at other wise the person or creature that was summoned will fade away if they stray too far from the summoner.

"That," Willis said while walking with Lara. "And I'll treat you to new dress what do you say Lara?"

"Sounds good~" She said as she smirked. The Vanderhop led Willis and Lara to a large room.

The room was lit by a few candles but was still dark, the ceiling had stalactites and you could hear dripping water echoing, their was papers strewn about and was quite a mess the middle of the room had a circles and candles surrounding it.

"Well for a summon this is a mess..." she said as she walked closer to the circle to examine it.

"Hmm....This is the summoning circle, but where is the mage?" she asked Willis as she turned around,
Lara jumped as she heard a sudden creak, 'I'm pretty sure this guy is bad at stealth" she thought as she quickly turned out the lights.

"If you want to get out of here unscathed then don't make a sound."
Lara whispered to Willis then let her butterflies surround him "They'll protect you, seems they like you"
She said smiling and padded off.

Scanning the room she closed her eyes and let her ears search the sounds in the room.

• Sip
Willis walked over to the summoning ritual kneeling down to examine it. The place looked a mess with blood splattered around the summoning circle and papers strewn everywhere. "Summoning isn't always a clean thing Lara," Willis said reading the papers near the circle. "Blank," he said before hearing a creak.

It was then the young man drew his Cutlass at the sound looking around for the source of the noise. "Rule number one of investigating a magic infested room," Willis said. "Always watch your back." Too many times Willis heard at Wveryn's Nest that many Monster Hunters die due to negating to thoroughly investigate an a magically enhanced area. Magic is unpredictable and a Monster Hunter must expect that when examining things like a summoning circle.

Willis was about to say something but Lara's Butterflies surrounded him and Lara explained not to make a sound. The young man nodded watching Lara look around. The noise became bigger until a bookcase came crashing down, the sounds of glass was heard smashing against the ground. "No," the Vanderhop said. "Mausan mir iavemuk! neun avo geav ma!" (My good items! Need to get more!)

"I suggest you stay here," Willis remarked. "If you value that other arm of yours."

It was likely magic that toppled over the bookcase it looked in good condition and was placed in a flat area. "This mage is an amateur," he said. "So much magic residue I can easily make a potion to track him down."

Lara let out a deep sigh and opened her eyes, "Vis vitika..." (this idiot) lara spoke in her religious tongue.

She swung her blade whip at the wall and grazed something when pulled back it was blood,
"Fool...you can't run from me." She said as a fire ball was casted,
She doged it and summoned her staff.

"Alive or dead Willis? Make it fast" She said as her butterflies manifested into her staff,
The core made with a black florescent gem.

• Yay
Willis craned his head seeing Lara raise her blade whip and struck at the wall. "Wait what are you-" Willis was about to ask but instead he saw blood slowly dripping from the wall. Walls don't bleed unless.... there was brief flicker but Willis saw a figure of a man grimacing in pain attempting to flee from Lara. Willis pointed his blade at the invisible man careful to look for any foot prints or shimmer that he might create.

Invisibility spells can be powerful but if a person uses their other senses then it can be nullified. The young man quickly bent down and scooped up some dirt on the ground throwing it in the direction where the suspect was fleeing. It was a guess mostly but Willis made a calculated one. The dirt splattered the man's backside as he ran. "We got a trace!" Willis said. "Let's just catch the bastard first before we decide!"

"Summonas!" (Summoner!) The Vanderhop yelled. "Well at least we know his identity," Willis mumbled. "Let's go!"

• Popcorn
"Alive then, Vima (Fine)" finished her sentence and chased the summoned to the throne room.

Lara block the entranced with a wall of butterflies, "Getting through that will be like getting through a damn wall of lava so don't try child"
She had enough playing chase.

She used a spell and tried to nullify the invisibility...But failed?
"What? This....grrrr" she growled and looked at Willis "He has something blocking my spell, but ultimately he can't get through the Black wall."

• Yay
"Well if he can summon a Vanderhop," Willis said sheathing his Cutlass. "Then he can definitely block a couple of spells."

Summoning a creature as powerful and intelligent as a Vanderhop is no easy task. The more powerful and complex a monster is, the more magical energy is needed to summon. Vanderhops are very cunning creatures who can perform high level spells. Unless the mage in question had a scroll that can summon a Vanderhop, then it's safe to assume that the mage was pretty skilled because with a scroll, there was no way if the monster in question would obey the summoner.

"Well," the young man said. "We don't know where he's going." Turning around, Willis crossed his arms and faced the Vanderhop. "But you probably do don't you?" He questioned.

"No jiak do noav," (No I do not.) The creature replied a small arm starting to grow from his injury.

"Listen frog boy," Willis growled. "That mage summoned you to kill off people from a nearby village! Give me something or I will have my friend tear you to pieces! And let me tell ya, the she Elf Is not understanding as I am! So don't fuck with me all right!"

"Maukavas wanavuk avo ukacrifice ukouluk avo avhe kular drok" (Master wants to sacrifice souls to the Arch demon.) The Vanderhop replied recoiling in fear.

Willis shook his head. "Lara what did he just say?" he asked in a huff.

• Wonder
"Sacrificing souls to the arch demon.....Well shit" Lara answered.

Of all the things an arch demon!? Really? Lara had enough problems as it is, she truly didn't need this much trouble.

"Also, we're friends...?" She looked at Willis, she hasn't had a friend in years..... she's worried it might not last, after all who would be friends with a monster like her..?

• Yay
Willis shrugged, good luck trying to summon a demon from the Pandemonium. Willis read up on demons in Wyvern's Nest, they travel to this world on their own time. Summoning a demon especially an arch-demon will be like trying to provoke a sleeping Dragon. Some things you just don't do.

The young man raised an eyebrow when Lara was shocked that they were friends. They did work together and they were friendly to one another. So Willis assumed that they were friends, though the look on Lara's face suggested that she didn't have a friendly interaction in a long time. By Elven standards it was probably decades or even centuries.

"Yeah we are," Willis shrugged. "I mean you've been friendly to me so I assumed."

Then again what did Captain Davis said about assumptions? "Listen here boy!" He could hear his gravely voice say. "Assume makes an ass out of u and me get it!"

The way Captain Davis said it he thought it was something clever. Well Willis thought so. "Lara you're my friend," he said smiling. "And a good partner so far, have you thought of being a monster hunter?"

Lara's ears perked up and she smiled she was happy to hear those words.

"Monster hunters? Hm, maybe... I'll give you an answer after we deal with him" she said pointing at the vanderhop them the supposed Summoner.

"Here puppy~" she said in a playful tone she was in a good mood and would most likely spare mercy to the young Summoner.

• Yay
Willis caught up with Lara who looked like she was enjoying herself. Still at least the Monster Hunters has another worthy recruit. The Elf would fit in just fine in the organization full of daredevil mercenaries seeking glory and sex. "Be careful," Willis said following Lara. "You never know what the man has set up for us."

Lara gave Willis a sly smirk.

"Aw worried mon cher angel? I'll be fine~" she responded, although she was going to be cautious with the summoner, after all the man had managed to harm her a few times.

Lara turned back to the figure and let out a sigh, a butterfly landing in her hand soon it turned into her staff and she placed it in front of her.

She breathed in and soon placed her hand the the gem in the center, "vira some ta ve" (Wrap around him), the butterflies responded and soon the figure was encased in black glowing wings that refused to let him pass.

The summoner threw fire spells at the butterflies but they kept dodging and resuming their position, "Willis I hope you have a good plan as I can't keep him there forever" lara spoke as she kept the butterflies safe from the fire.