Private Tales On swift wings..

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
The kabobs really were amazing, but then so were the dozen other dishes that she tried, and now chocolate ran down her chin as she made muffled groans at whatever in the Gods good names she was eating right now. This place was a dream, and the people seemed kind. They all seemed to know Sid too, and thought pleasantly enough about him that they greeted him with warmth and joy.

Lori tried to ignore that she was the subject of many stares, and many more whispers, winks and nudges. She focused on the sound of the music, the taste and scents of food despite the fact that it did nothing to mask the General's scent from her. She wondered briefly if it had been getting stronger by the day, or if she was imagining it, but it was far from unpleasant.

"Thank you for the food.." she laughed sheepishly under her breath as she licked the chocolate from her fingertips. "I haven't felt quite so full in my life.."

• Smug
Reactions: Sidereal Penumbra
Sid finished off his own dessert. It was a lemon-cake. He always liked the tart desserts. Of course, this food. Any dessert, was a luxury over what he'd grown up with. Over that hellhole of a camp on the mountains where he, Raph, and Lorcan somehow went from surviving to thriving.

Only because of each other.

"Good, cause now I want you to run twenty laps around the perimeter of the lake," Sid deadpanned before a smirk cracked half his mouth. Lighting up the golds in his hazel eyes. Standing, he offered his hand to her. "Up for one more adventure? There's...something I want to show you." And for a moment, he looked a little uncertain as if he was worried about what she would say. Or think.

Because what he was about to show her was very special to him. A safe space within the already haven of Endora. A place that meant a lot to him.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Lorelei
The colour seemed to drain from Lori's face for a brief moment, her attention snapping to his face with a look of utter terror.. "Twenty--? " She stopped at the grin he wore and her brows rose. He was joking, and it was frustratingly beautiful..

"That's an abuse of power, you know.." she frowned at him, but her lips twisted in a subtle sign of amusement. Her gaze fell to his offered hand for a moment before drifting back to his face somewhat nervously, but it was his uncertainty that made her slowly nod and accept his hand..

"Alright..What is it?" she asked, giving him a dubious look...

• Cthuloo
He pulled her up easily, his hand lingering for a moment before he reluctantly let it go. "You'll see Miss Impatient," he grinned but there was a hint of nerves and vulnerability still within his eyes. Never made him lose that swagger in his step, though. "C'mon." He lead the way back out of the food courtyard. Instead of cutting back toward the townhouse, he went over one of the smaller bridges which deposited them along a district that held shops between houses.

Unlike the other buildings around it, the one he lead them to looked ordinary. Nothing extraordinary about the entrance. In fact, it almost looked plain. Tucking his wings in, he opened the door like a proper gentleman, Raph would be proud, for Lori. Stepping inside she would see a bulletin board with several slips of paper stapled up with reservation slots for different rooms. The titles on each room were a little strange. If she read them, she'd see some:

Smash Room
Paint Room
Meditation Room
Music Room
Training Room
Group Sessions

• Thoughtful
Lori's mind seemed a constant battle around him. She tried her best to ignore so much of what her senses told her, and whatever invisible pull there seemed to be... She was imagining it. She could resist it...

She glanced up at him as he held the door open for her, and she took the invitation with a little intrigue. Whatever he wanted to show her, it had clearly meant something to him..

"What.. are you showing me?" she asked, looking up at the pinned parchments and blushing awkwardly, hoping he failed to notice the way her gaze skimmed over the words..

He stopped next to her. Being far from her was…almost painful. A hand lifted, rubbing at the growing stubble on his face. He was showing her a side most folk didn’t know about him, save for his brothers.

And he felt more than a little embarrassed. And awkward. For fuks sake, when had he ever felt those two emotions?! Probably never.

Was she disappointed in what she saw?

“It’s a um, center of sorts. Where people can come to heal. Uh,” hells, he’d never stuttered this much. “Folk that come here are often trying to escape something or someone. They need a release to work through the past. I,” now he was embarrassed.

“…wanted to help so created this and the idea. It’s not perfect. Still needs some work but just wanted to show it to you. We don’t have to stay,” he rushed. Head tilted downward, studying the expression on her face.

• Ctuhlu senpai
Lori's head tilted as she watched him struggling, and her brow furrowed in confusion over his embarrassment, but as he finally explained her brow slowly lifted in understanding.. "Oh.. N-no I.." her head shook, her cheeks heating..

"I think that's a wonderful idea I just.. Well I can't read, I'm sorry.. I'd like to stay, if you don't mind.." she bit down awkwardly on her lip. There was a first time for everything, and this could well be the first time Lori had ever felt so terrible for embarrassing a male..

• Thoughtful
"Oh," OH. Well fuck. He always took that skill of his for granted and forgot many didn't know. Especially those in the army. Hand came up to rub at his brow. One of the many things he needed to change.

And even though she'd said it was a wonderful idea and that made him feel ALL KINDS OF WAYS and gave him the sudden urge to pin her against the wall and taste those lips of hers and the rest of her body, he took a sharp inhale instead and focused.

"Here, I'll show you one of my favorite rooms," tipping his chin, he motioned for her to follow down the corridor until he stopped at one of the doors and swung it open. He knew it was open from the sign-up sheet outside. It was the Smash Room. Punching bags hung from the ceiling. Along the inside wall of the room by the door sat rows of gloves for all shapes and sizes of hands. And several staffs. As well as some safety-goggles. Beyond the punching bags was a smaller room with clear walls, showing rows of fragile looking vases, jars, and other breakables.

"This is for people who like to get their aggression out. You just take one of these," his chin tipped toward the staffs and break whatever you want in that room. Or take it out on the bag. I figured you might like this one." He plucked a staff from the wall and held it out to her.

"And Lori, is reading something you want to learn?"

"Oh.." her brows rose as she took the staff from him, her gaze wandering over the things she was invited to smash. She knew if she got started in that room, she'd never stop, and she wasn't sure she was ready for him to see the true rage she held.. Or for herself to see for that matter.

She settled her attention on one of the bags that hung from the ceiling instead, though his question drew her eyes back to his. She tried not to look as stupid as she felt and shrugged nonchalantly. "I'm a foot soldier, not an advisor. Nor will I ever rise in rank.. I don't have much need for reading.." she forced a tight smile. She'd die in the dirt one day, and whether or not she could read wouldn't change that..

Lori turned away to circle around the bag. "I'm just..supposed to hit it?"..

• Thoughtful
Hazel eyes followed her, trying not to let his mind wander to how good she always looked. The way she moved. The little idiosyncrasies of her face? Perfect.

He strode behind one of the bags, lifting his hands to grip it carefully so she wouldn't wack off one of his hands. "I'll hold it steady," voice rumbled as he looked down at her. His sturdy and solid frame behind the bag. Wings tucked in tight to his muscular back and feet set.

"Lori," he paused. "If you could be anything - do anything. What would it be?"

She glanced at him dubiously as he held it for her, and gave it a light jab with the staff first of all. She'd been about to give it another slightly harder hit when his question made her pause. Nobody had ever asked her anything like that before.

If she could be anything?..

"Male?" she laughed bitterly under her breath, and smacked the bag hard with one end of the staff... "Duanann?" she frowned, and hit it a little harder with the other side. "Human?" she muttered under her breath and hit the bag hard, using both ends the staff in quick succession.

Anything other than a female puca soldier? She hit the bag so hard that her bones rattled. Once, twice, three times and her arms already ached.

"I don't know, Sidereal. General. What is the point in this question? To torment me?" she asked irritably and turned to toss the staff away and drag a hand over her face. "I am what I am and I do what I do. I'm not a fucking child who thinks she's destined for more. I may not read but i'm not stupid."

He grunted at her last hits. Fuk, she was strong. He took a breath and stepped around the bag. "I for one, am glad you are not male," signature lopsided grin stayed on his face for a moment. A fleeting moment. Before his face turned serious.

Rare for him.

Besides when he was only The General. And only around his brothers and once or twice around Maeve.

"Gods Lori," frustration bubbled in his chest and a spark of anger. It wasn't at her. It was at a system and males that could even make her think this way. His hand reached forward, fingers trailing along her neck up to her chin, thumb tilting it upward gently but firmly. Warm eyes locked onto her own. "You are beautiful. Fierce. Brave. Smart. Stubborn." Okay, so he couldn't be fully serious forever at that last remark.

"You have a choice, here. You do not have to go back to the army. You can be whoever you want. Do what you want."

She sensed the anger and took a half step back, her shoulders tensing as he reached for her. She half expected his hand to wrap around her throat, but the touch reminded her, that he wasn’t what she expected. She suppressed a shudder and allowed her gaze to connect with his, and her tension melted.

Fierce, brave and stubborn perhaps she could agree with. But smart? Beautiful?…

Lori frowned at him and her fingers curled around his wrist. “I don’t have anything else.. And that’s alright..” she stopped herself.

“.. You think I’m beautiful?..” she asked quietly..

A sharp inhale through his nose. His other hand lifted, to caress ribbons of her blonde hair away from her face. "Gods Lori, yes," he rumbled. "Even half covered in dirt and blood after facing down an entire godsforsaken army by yourself. Even when you get that pinch between your brows when you're angry. Every one of your fuking smiles, whether it's strained or a carefree one that fuking lights up your entire face."

He leaned in closer ever-so-slowly, lips close to hers.'

"You have everything else," he growled out. "You can leave the army if that's what you wish. You can live here. Start a new life somewhere else. I'll make it possible. Even..," painful to say the next part. "Even if you don't choose me. I swear it, to you."

And the oath was done and binding.

• Aww
Her eyes gave a slow, drowsy blink as he combed fingers into her hair, as she let her guard fall and felt herself drown in everything. Those eyes, the timbre of his voice, the scent of him.. the compliments. She'd already started to melt as he drew closer, her eyes on his lips..

'Even if you don't choose me. I swear it, to you...'

She felt the promise ripple across her skin and her breath caught, causing her to tense and recoil, shoving at him in panic. "Don't do that. Don't make me promises." her brow knit and she started pacing, her heart pounding in her chest so suddenly.

Choose? She had never had choices in her life and now he'd offered her so many in such a short space of time that she hated choices. Choose what food to eat, choose where she wanted to sleep, choose what room she wanted to go into, choose whether she wanted to spend the rest of her life alone or, with him. "I don't know how else to live my life. Fighting is what I am good at, and I had to work five times as hard to be as good as they are, to be better. I always will." she growled, her wings shuddering painfully.

"I wouldn't..." she clenched her jaw and balled her fists as she turned to him. "I wouldn't be good for you, Sid. I won't make you happy, and I'm sorry that it had to be me, but I'm not what you want." her head shook and her brow furrowed, her eyes glassy with tears she hoped she wouldn't cry.. "They'll only laugh at you."

• Cthulhoo rage
"Don't you dare tell me what I want. What would or wouldn't be good for me," he growled out. And she could protest all she wanted but it was more than a promise. It was an oath. And it was sealed and done between them. Fists clenched at his sides. Muscles along his arms tightening and coiling. Wings shuddering behind him.

"You're everything I want. Even now, when you doubt your worth." A sharp exhale as his massive arms folded across his chest. "Lori, you're scared." He said it bluntly, his eyes never leaving her fiery ones. It wasn't just about him. She was scared about all the opportunities she had now. Ones she should've had all along. At least he was able to give them to her now, even if late.

• Stressed
There was a brief pause in the stubborn glower on her face, a fleeting flash of something like fear as he answered her in that growl. Her gaze fell to the clenching fists he held at his sides, and she had braced herself for violence but not for what he said next.

That she was everything he wanted.. That she was scared.

"I.." she dragged her hand over her face and continued with her pacing, her eyes glistening and her wings tucking painfully tight against her back. "How can you know that?" she waved a hand at him. "You barely know me. I have nothing to offer you - this is just, some sick twisted fucking power that's telling you I'm what you want, but you have to ignore it, because I'm not it!" she flailed in panic.

"I have spent decades learning how to defend myself and keep my guard up always, fuck if I'm about to tear it all down for the one creature in Arethil that can truly hurt me." she glared at the floor rather than look at him as she acknowledged their connection.

Last edited:
  • Stressed
Oh gods.

He didn't know something not of magic or a weapon could feel so painful. He felt as if a deep wound was suddenly inflicted deep within his hard, muscled chest. He was only a creature to her. And one she truly thought would hurt her.

A shallow breath and all the fury and frustration left his form.

Sure, gentle steps took him in front of her again. A moment of hesitation as his hands lifted to cup her cheek.

How can you know that?

"Because I know," his said in a lowered voice and would draw her in to kiss her. As if this was the last kiss they'd ever share. A slow burn.

• Cthuloo
She felt the pain she caused him and she flinched at the sudden guilt that wrapped itself around her throat. She stared at him as he approached her, her jaw set as once again she half expected the General to lash out at her as so many males had done before, but she wouldn't back away.

Lori's eyes locked on his with a look of something between defiance and confusion. She tensed as his hands rose, and instantly eased as he cupped her cheeks. Her pulse quickened at the low timbre of his voice and what his words meant, at the way he leaned in to kiss her.

As much as she tried to lie to herself and fought against what she felt for him, there was not a muscle in her body that could have denied the temptation that he offered her then. Her tension melted, her mind spun and her fingers furled into his shirt as she let her eyes close and kissed him back.

She had only ever heard stories about mates and bonds, but as she let her arms slip around his neck and eased against him, she felt the gentle click that she'd so feared, and drew in a quiet gasp as she broke their kiss, her eyes snapping open on his and her grip on him tightening..

• Gasp
He grunted at her strength. His hands moved gently down her neck to snake around her waist just beneath her wings. He held her close as if he was scared that as soon as he let go, she'd leave him forever. Even though her grip around his neck was hinting otherwise.

For a moment he closed his eyes, fighting with everything he had to resist the urge to kiss her again. To pick her up and pin her against one of those training room walls where he would be able to worship every part of her body properly.

"Gods, you're going to kill me," low voice rumbled as his eyes sliced open again. His grip tightened around her waist for a moment, a shudder working its way through his coiled muscles as her scent continued to assault him.

"Tell me to stop," he breathed. "and I will. But if you don't..."

• Ctuhlu senpai
Tell him to stop...

Two halves of her mind battled on as she stared at him in stunned silence, her heavy breaths trembling from her lips. She could stop this now and it would break him, but allowing this to go any further, accepting it, meant there was no turning back.

She had known it for a while now, but feeling the bond click into place had confirmed it, and brought with it a whole new wave of emotions that were currently drowning her. His scent was suddenly so much stronger than it had been, so much more enticing. He had always been a particularly beautiful puca, but no more beautiful than he was right now as he rumbled desperately at her.

"Stop......talking." she breathed out, her wings shuddering painfully. She clutched at the back of his neck and dragged his mouth back to hers and claimed it. Hers. He was so irrevocably hers that the thought of leaving him now was washed clean from her mind.

• Cthuulove
Fingers tightened around her. With an easy tug, he lifted her so her legs straddled around his waist as he carried her across the room to one of the thick fall-pads. A growling-groan as he explored every part of her lips. Her mouth. A dart of his tongue against hers.

He felt that tug. That snap.

And she had the power to break him with nothing but a word. A whisper.

Reverently and gently, he'd lay her down on that crash pad as his lips broke away from her mouth and began traveling down her throat. His hands roaming. Finger tightening on the fabric that separated him from the rest of her.

• Love
All caution she had felt was most definitely thrown to the wind. It was impossible to believe that this was anything but right, that the two were quite literally made to find the other and that now balance had been restored. A wave of inevitability washed over her as he lifted her clean off her feet, a smile curling at her lips at the ease in which he did so.

Her heart was a thrum against his as she clutched herself to him, her fingers in his hair as she kissed him with demand. It became something more like frantic need, and yet she noted the way in which he gently lowered her to the mat. The moment his mouth was on her neck she groaned, tugging desperately at her own clothes.

"I hope....You reserved this room.." she laughed.

Last edited:
  • Love
In a moment all clothing was gone. As bare as he was to her, she was to him. And gods be damned if he didn't nearly stop breathing. She was beautiful. Magnificent. Nothing he'd ever hoped to deserve in a thousand lifetimes.

And she was his.

As much as he belonged to her.

Head shook as he claimed her mouth with his own again, intending to worship every part of her body. And he did until there was nothing that separated them.

He lay on his back, eyes closed but clearly not sleeping. His arm firmly tucking in the female at his side. Lori. His mate.

Now he could finally understand why Lorcan lost his shit sometimes when it came to Maeve.

She didn't care about hiding her scars from him, just as she didn't bother hiding exactly what she felt. Emotions poured out of her in waves, even now as she lay against his chest, her eyes drifting drowsily as she drew small circles on his skin.

That, had been like nothing she'd ever felt before, and she wasn't sure how long it would take her to tumble back down from the heady heights he'd driven her to.

"What now?..." she whispered eventually, breaking the silence. She had to go back to the camps, didn't she? And he lived here.

• Bless