Open Chronicles No Going Back

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Quoril slowly walked out of the captain's quarters. He saw the beautiful woman surrounded by sailors swooning over her and trying to do everything they could to help. The elf could hear them asking for her forgiveness and asking her how she fared. Quoril felt somewhat sorry for the other woman on the ship. Nobody was offering her anything or asking if she was okay.

The elf was nervous as he approached the girl. There was a high chance of getting slapped before he could apologize. When he reached her, he ended up being unable to say anything at first. Quoril had acted impulsively out of fear and unintentionally placed everybody on the ship in even more danger. This went doubly for the person standing in front of him. There was nothing the elf could say that would make up for putting her life in so much danger. Finally finding his voice, he mumbled "Sorry," averting his eyes away from her.

• Yay
Reactions: Djana Mahin
The sailors held no interest her, nor did the Captain.

They were all fools and morons, all lost and attempting not to trip over their feet. A few of them had tried to come to her rescue of course, but their obligation had come not from a place of good heart or innocence.

The Elf? Oh that was a different story all together.

She seemed amused as he shuffled towards her, emerald eyes picking him out of the small crowd of sailors. Most of them seemed to ignore him, though his garb made him stand out more than any of the other men on board. Briefly she glanced over towards the cabin door, spotting the girl as well.

When the elf spoke she looked genuinely surprised, her shock drawing across her face. "Whatever for?"

Her voice was smooth honey.

"Had it not been for you that brute might have killed someone." Perhaps an exaggeration, but that hardly mattered.

Quoril had been so busy trying to figure out how to correct his mistakes, that he had approached the wrong woman. "Oh well," he thought to himself "I wanted to apologize to both of them anyway."

"That's true," Quoril hesitantly answered, "but what if the sleeping gas had knocked out everybody but the orc? You could've been in even more danger than you were already in in. Anyway I hope you can forgive me."

After speaking to the woman in the chair, the elf turned around and quickly made his way across the deck. Having already relieved some of his worry, Quoril was a touch more confident with the situation.

Upon reaching the girl near the cabin door, he noticed the daggers in her eyes weren't qquite as sharp as they had been previously. "Look," Quoril said to the girl, "I'm really sorry for dragging you into this mess. I acted completely on impulse without assessing the situation in its entirety, and you could be been seriously hurt or even killed." The elf's apology was weak, but he hoped his sincerity would reach the girl.

Sapphire's head tilted a fraction sideways as the alchemist made his apology. Honestly the wanderer didn't think his behaviour warranted one. "We both made a decision, yours just made the consequences of mine a little more risky", she explained in a neutral tone. The girl came to a stance, and if her situation was different, she'd have offered a hand in greeting. Instead, her hands remained hanging by her sides. "I'm Sapphire, by the way". She looked over the elf's shoulder, her eyes resting on the other woman for a moment. "Any particular reason you came to her aid?"

Quoril Djana Mahin

"My name's Quoril", the elf responded. "My reason for coming to her aid was..." What exactly was his reasoning for his actions? The alchemist wasn't quite sure. Honestly he had just seen an orc and panicked. Of course Quoril certainly wasn't going to tell the strange girl this, so he decided to change the subject. "Where are you headed?" the elf asked the girl who now appeared to be looking over his shoulder.

• Yay
Reactions: Sapphire
"I'm bound for the Tundra, and you?". She tried to sound confident in her reply, but her voice failed her. What exactly was she even heading to the tundra for? To get away from people, sure. In truth, Sapphire wondered if she was just heading to the harshest corner of the land in the hopes of meeting her end without doing any more harm.

• Yay
Reactions: Quoril
"I'm headed to the tundra too. Call it a bit of a fishing trip. There's this rare fish I'm trying to catch and its scales can be used for a new potion I heard about. I also hear that's it pretty tasty!" Quoril enthusiastically answered the girl who seemed to be unsure of her reasons for going. Maybe she was trying to hide something. He couldn't really tell, but decided not to press the subject.

With the orc taken care of, Quoril wondered what the next course of action should be. "Well now what are you going to do?" he said turning to the girl next to him. "Is the captain alright? Or are you going to try getting onto another ship?"

Last edited: