Completed Moonlit Debauchery.

Xiahael The Unforgivable

Harrier's head tilted.

"I think I've given insufficient consideration to the idea that you aren't native to this world or plane of existence. The more fool me, apparently. Tell me, then. Where are you from? What else lives there? How long have you existed?"

Xiahael's voice was beginning to grow fainter it seemed. His grip on Emery was clearly weaker than a demon's grasp should be. Or was it that the will of the boy was far tougher than the average human.

"I cannot speak for much longer to you. But I will not leave without at least a taste of what you desire." Emery's body was clearly starting to go limp. It was growing clearer and clearer that their time would be coming to a close. "The place I come from is nothing short of oblivion. None of you could withstand the pressure that exists there. The life forms range from incoherent beasts to beings such as I, curious of the world beyond our own. There are no exits from our world that are not created by your mages. Silly, isn't it? That we require one another to meet each other. Demon seems hardly a word for me, though I guess it is what you would all call me. I prefer... Enigma. I am a manifestation of questions and disillusion." Emery's body fell to its knees. Xiahael smiled up at Harrier and aimed a hand backwards. A purple aura began to permeate from Emery's palm.

"As a reminder, human. I am here to study you. Not the other way around. Please do not forget that." As it spoke these sinister last words a beast of horror arose from the ground. Xiahael left Harrier with a cackle.
proxy.php

Emery's eyes returned to their violet state and he stumbled awake. As the beast Xiahael had conjured roared he jolted upwards to face it with a look of fear struck across his face. Barely rising and turning to then face Harrier, he shouted;

"This anotha' one of yer fun little freaks?!"

• Yay
Reactions: Harrier
Harrier roundly ignored Emery Thatcher. How Xiahael found him fascinating was an open question. The monster, though...the monster was of interest. In form it suggested a composite undead golem, but it didn't feel undead. She tried the normal mechanisms that a necromancer would use to control such a thing if it was undead. They got no traction. Very well: she'd have to treat this like any other monster.

Specifically, by running away. This wasn't her city to protect, and a summoning and creature of this magnitude would draw the Dreadlords in short order. She might come back later and learn what could be learned from the site of the summoning. For the moment, she needed to create distance without attracting eyes. The nighttime alleys gave her plenty of options along those lines.

Emery's fear was immeasurable as he had never seen a creature of this caliber before. Knowing he couldn't face whatever this witch had conjured, he had to think of a way to escape it. The beast itself growled low and as if it was in tremendous pain. Mangled, and made from what looked like other humans the thief could barely keep his booze down. The beast started to hurdle towards him and he had to act fast.

Putting a foot on the wall beside him he launched himself up and flipped out of its trajectory. With his new position, he could see Harrier fleeing the scene of the crime. "Oi bitch, this ain't over fer a second! I'll have yer head I swear it!" He barked in hostility. The creature didn't seem to bother with either of them anymore, as if it had gone blind. It was howling a woeful tune of suffering and Emery couldn't bear to watch anymore. He caught some loose bricks in the building next to him and climbed up to the roof.

He looked into the streets for Harrier but she'd already vanished. "What t'fuck happened tonight? Whoer' she was, I see er' again and is on site. I'll cut er' open for knockin' me out and subjectin' me to er' fucked up pets." He spit on the roof, and noticed something amiss. His hand was covered in some sort of goo, as if he'd touched the monster down below him. He wiped it off on his pants and reeled in disgust. He inevitably couldn't hold it, and puked all over the rooftop. He fell backwards on his ass post his vomit.

Something was making Emery very afraid. And he had such an awful suspicion this wouldn't be the last he saw of the necromancer. Whether or not she was what to be afraid of was not something he could decipher.

Emery did not sleep that night.

• Yay
Reactions: Harrier