Quest Loot Runners #3 The Wind and the Willow

Organization specific roleplay for governments, guilds, adventure groups, or anything similar
ISLAND 3: PANDARANN/WILLOW

Myrcella nodded. Of course she had read tales of enchanted weapons lodged in boulders or on stone pillars. But who could say for certain that the same would happen here?

She looked to the statue as Richard Henry the Eighth did, although she didn't recognize the individual crafted upon it. "Maybe it's the wizard?..Or whoever is running this contest? Myrcella kept an eye out, looking around for hints of danger. Yet all that she heard was a bit of wind.

Richard frowned at the statue, he couldn't get a good look at the Wizard as he was mostly shrouded in shadow. However from what little Richard did see, the wizard was bigger than the man displayed onto the statue. "I don't think so," Richard remarked. "This fine gentleman here looks calm though he's performing an attack."

The Bard Knight raised an eyebrow at Myrcella Bochanan . "It's curious though I was always taught as a child to show fierceness when attacking the enemy. This man here is the opposite, it's as though nothing is bothering him. What do you think?"

• Popcorn
Reactions: Myrcella Bochanan

Myrcella studied the statue even moreso now. Especially as Richard Henry the Eighth remarked on the fact that the figure portrayed in the statue looked calm in the heat of battle.

Then he asked her for her opinion on it. Myrcella half expected the statue to somehow come to life, so she kept an eye on it while she spoke. "We had an easterner stay at the Estate for a little while. He was calm during his fights. It was almost like a dance. He was very graceful as he moved. I hadn't seen anything like it. Maybe...this statue is of someone like him?"

That perked Richard's interest, Myrcella Bochanan mentioned that she had an Easterling who stayed at her estate. "Well that's interesting," he said as they walked away from the statue and back on the path. "What was he doing in your estate?" Considering the circumstances, Myrcella didn't reveal much about herself to Richard. It was hard to blame her since she refused to be married off though the past few days or weeks she has become more open to Richard about her past.

"I guess," Richard said as they traveled through the forest. "What did that man say about himself? Anything new?"

• Sip

Was there a hint of jealousy there? Or was it mild curiosity that Richard Henry the Eighth displayed? It was almost cute in a way and a little endearing.

"He was just passing through and helped to rescue some of our horses taken by thieves. Then he stayed for about a weak and taught me a bit of self defence. Although I couldn't show you any at the moment..." Not with her broken ankle of course.

"Well you never told me this," Richard said to Myrcella Bochanan there was definitely a lot that she didn't tell him particularly that she can defend herself. Obviously not with her sprained ankle but once that's healed, Richard can relax a little knowing that Myrcella is at least capable of some form of combat. "I mean it would be nice to converse with an Easterling and talk about their cultures and traditions!" Richard said with a moan.

He always wondered about the Easterlings, they were a mysterious race who resided east of the world. The Elves did gave good relations with the Easterlings, claiming that they share the same values and aspects of life. There were also rumors of a another Elven subspecies located in the Easterling region. By the Gods! How many Elven subspecies actually existed?! "Once we get your ankle fixed you should teach me," Richard said. "What was the fighting style like?"

• Haha

Myrcella lightly shurgged her shoulders a little after Richard Henry the Eighth again reiterated her lack of telling him everything. "Well...it just wasn't really important." Besides, she had plenty of other things on her mind at the time. Like escaping their marriage.

But that wasn't how things were now.

"I will try to teach you, though it'll take time. I still haven't been able to do the splits yet and he could do them with ease. His movements were so fluid...He had me jumping rocks in a stream, and trying to block his strikes at me while blindfolded. And then there was the meditations....I'm not so sure that I could do a lot of what he can do while in a dress." Her late Father had also taught her archery. Myrcella was quite good at that.

"Mediations?" Richard said still adjusting Myrcella Bochanan a bit so she can feel comfortable. "That sounds like an Elven thing," He recalled seeing Elves mediating in the forest surrounding Fal'Addas. Richard didn't bother to attempt to meditate with them because he felt that he would been out of place. He did ask the Elves what was the purpose behind the mediations and they claim that it was to gain spiritual awareness and achieve balance.

"Did the Elves adopt mediations from the Easternlings?" Richard wondered out loud. "Or was it the other way around? Given how arrogant Elves can be sometimes, I would they'll claim the former but such a style would be wide spread since society has adapting plenty of Elven teachings."

Richard shrugged. "Like art and knowing agriculture," he mused. "At least that's what the Elves claim but who knows about that. History is muddled with mysteries. If anything, the Elves possibly stole it by some race that they wiped out. They're known to destroy civilizations and erase any traces of their presence. Elves almost succeeded with the Lizardfolk."

For a race that claimed to be peaceful and harmonious, the Elves are surprisingly just as murderous as humans. Richard knew that if they wanted to, they could wipe out humanity and destroy any evidence of their existence. There were a few conspiracy theorists in Elbion who claimed that. "But that's just me babbling Myrcella," Richard shrugged. "I'm sorry."

• Love
Island 3: Pandarann / Willow

Willis rolled his eyes a bit watching Kikwi try to look tough. He doesn't know if anyone they met would either die of laughter or just squash him probably both. Well at least the Owl was prepared incase they were attacked, if anything Kikwi was very knowledge about Biology and nature especially when It comes to weaponizing it. The insect he had in his hand was called a Posiebrae: A subspecies of a Centipede. Its poison lethal enough to at least paralyze a victim.

The young man scanned the area as well making sure his bag was next to him while also placing his hand on the hilt of his Cutlass. Just then, Willis heard a noise upstairs. "Looks like we got company," he whispered to Kikwi. "Stay close."

Island 3
Smiling One

Kikwi's feathers stood on end, making him look a great deal heavier than he actually was, his eyes were wide and his little heart was hammering out a beat so fast that it would have been hard to keep count. He could hear the noises too.

He stowed the empty vial, keeping close behind Willis' legs. He had brought one of his collection trowels which he now brandished in his right hand. The little shovel wasn't much, but it was sharp.

The noises upstairs picked up. Floorboards creaking, muffled voices. He couldn't hear the skittering of the Posiebrae (or as he had called it, the "scarlet wikitickler"), so it must have already traveled upstairs. Soon he heard a yelp followed by loud noises and the sounds of stomping. He assumed the residents had found their many-legged intruder and were trying to squash it. Kikwi hoped they would not succeed, but better the centipede than himself.

They had the element of surprise and some panicked opponents. "Let's go!" he said to Willis. Eager as he was, he could not reach the door handle himself.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Smiling One
Island 3

The two of them were quiet at first sneaking up the stairs and approaching whoever was upstairs, at least until Kikwi opened up his beak. "What the fuck?!" Willis knelt down and shut Kikwi's beak with his thumb and pointer finger. "Being loud like that will just lead you to be a tasty morsel for a monster?!" He growled. "Do you want to be somebody's snack?! Then be quiet and let-"

A growl was heard behind the wooden door, causing Willis to step back, pushing Kikwi behind his boot. The growling continued until whoever was behind the door began to speak:

那是谁?

Willis frowned slowly taking out his Cutlass as the door began to open.

• Scared
Reactions: Kikwi

Myrcella raised a brow, moving herself so that she'd be in a slightly more comfortable position. She wasn't fond of being carried around anymore, but what else could they do? It was better to be with Richard Henry the Eighth on this venture than to be left alone somewhere.

"I haven't come across any Elves yet. And from what my Father told me, he said to be wary if I did. Yet the same applied to people in positions of power too." Wars were waged in Court, although they were usually bloodless, it still carried the same kinds of consequences; loss of lands, foodstores and titles.

"It's okay to ramble, Richard. I had a tutor that did the same thing. He said that it helped him think." That and he loved the sound of his own voice.

The life of a noble contains many privileges that a common man could dream of. However many grew up sheltered leaving them naïve to the outside world which makes things a bit complicated since the nobility often decides the fate of the commoners. It was hard to do so if the nobility is out of touch with the greater society. Myrcella Bochanan is one of many nobles who grew up not knowing the outside world given her experiences so far, it was likely that she didn't want to know them again.

Which is a shame since if there was one thing that Richard had learned is that to rule over people is a duty. Many nobility has been though that their ability to rule is their right, however if Richard wanted to change the system, it would be to live and rule for the people. Hopefully Richard could convince Myrcella to see that. "Well the Elves are known to make species disappear from history," Richard said approaching what looked like an exit out of the forest. "And they are very efficient at it."

Who knows how many species that the Elves wiped out. It was something that the race would like everyone to forget. The Vel Anirians on the other hand loved to use that against them to justify the many pogroms that they enacted in their fortress city. Richard wondered why couldn't the nonhumans just steer clear of the Vel Anir lands? They might as well just paint a bullseye on their backs.

"Well it's something your tutor and I have in common," Richard grinned. "I just love to hear myself speak, I have a marvelous voice and personality!"

• Sip

Myrcella was one of those nobles that pretty much only stayed at their family's Estate. Although they did travel to the market for some shopping. The only ruling that she ever figured would be placed on her would be that of a household. And that was pretty much all that she had encountered with the outside world.

Until now...

"Why do Elves want to make other races disappear?" Her Father had his ideas. But she wanted to hear what Richard Henry the Eighth thought. Would they want humans to disappear too? Such a notion gave her a chill and she huddled into him all the more, though her eyes were keeping watch of their surroundings, as if she was expecting something to attack them, especially as they had cleared the tree line.

"You have a lovely voice, Richard. And perhaps our talking will let wild animals be aware that we're here, that way we don't startle them." Made sense in her mind. Only when hunting did they need to be quiet.

Richard frowned when Myrcella Bochanan asked him why Elves wanted to erase the history of other races. "Well," he said. "When you're considered to be most dominant species in the world, what do you crave? More power and a chance to make your mark on history. What better way to do it by rewriting history saying that you've invented the sword or you're race formed the backbone of society."

The Elves were considered to be taller, more long lived and beautiful than the other races and were well liked in Arethril. But more scholars have recently unearthed their past and it turned out to be even more darker than the Elves cared to admit. Wars, betrayals, massacres and pogroms all were directly or indirectly caused by the Elves bent on domination. Power corrupts anyone whether they are human, elf or a dwarf.

"But Myrcella," Richard said trying to change the subject. "How can I use my lovely voice to praise your beauty? I'll go mad!"

It was then the two were out of the forest and were at the edge of the Mountain, Richard looked around and saw a large temple ahead. "Well look at that," Richard mused staring at the ancient Temple. "Maybe that's where the sword is placed?"

• Popcorn

Myrcella furrowed her brows as she pondered on what Richard Henry the Eighth told her about the Elves. It didn't paint them in any good light. Yet there were some stories that painted them as wonderful beings that one would be lucky to meet. So which was true? The former or the latter? It could very well be both. "You'd think that they'd be an enlightened species with no need of being ruthless..." She wasn't quite certain of how she'd react if she came across one.

She laughed a little as Richard changed the subject. Yet as she was about to respond, the temple came into view. It looked haunted, though that could just be due to an overactive imagination. "It looks...like it could be the place. The sooner we find it, the sooner we can go home. So...let's go."

Flint found himself grinning at Orival's response. He supposed he too hadn't much time for chasing women. Work kept him busy, and when he wasn't working, he was off doing something crazy like fighting giant pandas. He wondered if he'd ever take the time to settle down with someone, but the barber knew deep down that he wasn't ready for that just yet.

He straightened up upon Orival's call. The mage stood at the tower's door, and as Flint came to join him, he found that it didn't lead to another room. Rather, it brought them into open air once more, in the face of...

Another Damned bridge

"As if the pandarann wasn't enough", he grumbled, taking a step outside, so he stood a spit's distance from the edge of the bridge. It didn't look very sturdy, but also didn't threaten as far of a fall below. Testing the handles of the bridge, Flint found it was just as shaky as the last bridge, if not moreso.

"This thing doesn't look so stable. Maybe we should take it one at a time. I can go first, and once I'm over you can follow, yeah?".

Orival had taken a greater beating in the last fight than he had. If something wicked waited on the other side, he'd rather take it on alone while he waited for Orival, rather than the other way around. So, Flint slowly but carefully began his trek across the bridge, if it could even be called that.

Orival Theodric

The Temple was miles away carrying Myrcella Bochanan Richard presumed It would take at least 2 hours to walk to the place. The winds began to pick up, causing Richard to hold Myrcella tightly. "Yes," Richard said. "If anything it shows that their love for peace harmony is nothing more than a mummer's farce. The Elves are no different from the other races. They're capable of great things but they also are capable of utter destruction."

It was sad, the world is filled with so much beauty but people choose to mine its resources in order to look for ways to kill each other. The Bard Knight sighed as attempted to carry Myrcella through a narrow cliff. "This is going to be a challenge," Richard said placing his back against the jagged wall, he winced as some of the pointed ends that was protruded from the wall pierced his back.

"How do you propose we approach this?" Richard asked looking down. "Narrow cliff way the best method is to shimmy by. Gonna be hard since I need to carry you."

• Sip

It was a shame. The more that Myrcella learned about the big, bad world, the more that she sought the safe confines of home. But she had to learn. There was no other way. Life in Elbion would be much different than at her Estate. If she was to survive the vultures at Court, she had to learn to be brave.

The narrow cliff that Richard Henry the Eighth maneuvered them on was intense. She shut her eyes tight as the wind crept up, holding onto him so that she wouldn't feel like they would fall. But it was slow going.

As he asked her what they could do to make the crossing easier, she opened her eyes, chewing the inside of her cheek. "I could shuffle on my bottom? My dress is ruined anyways. It'll be slow, but I think I could manage."

Richard peered down again, they've been teleported a few hundred possibly a few thousand feet above to the point where they were above the clouds. It was very risky to have Myrcella Bochanan move through the cliff on her bottom one bad position and she'll be falling into the abyss below. Part of Richard wondered since they were so high up that they were in the land of the Gods. He was very doubtful but he didn't want to rule it out.

"All right Mrycella," Richard placed the young girl down knelt in front of her, placing his hand on her cheek. "You'll go first that way I can watch you in case you fall down." The Bard Knight looked at the narrowing cliff. "Keep moving ahead," he advised. "Do not look down and do not look at me. Focus only on the goal in mind which is getting off this Mountain."

Richard leaned in to kiss give Myrcella a long and passionate kiss on her lips. "I will be with you," he said. "I won't let you fall okay?"

• Love

Myrcella leaned her head against his hand after he placed her down. Now she had to look after herself and not rely on him to carry her through.

She listened to his words of advice, glancing to her right to the path that she was to follow. Don't look down, don't look up. It seemed a lot more simpler than the daunting task that it was.

Myrcella turned her head to look at Richard Henry the Eighth once more, wanting to tell him that she was sure that they could do this, but then he kissed her. And not some quick peck either. She leaned into the kiss, the world around them seeming to be shut out while her heart fluttered not out of fear of sitting on a cliff high above the world, but out of how he made her feel.

After the kiss broke, Myrcella nodded her head, taking in a deep breath and letting it out slowly. "Okay." She then turned her head to focus on the path. Using her hands to support her weight, she shuffled slowly along, as though her hands and bottom were her legs. At times the rocky path was pointy, bits of rock jutted into her muscles and hands in very uncomfortable ways, but she had to press on. Every time the wind gusts strengthened, she would pause and lean back against the cliff face to keep herself from falling. Then she'd continue on. Their progress was slow, but it was better to be safe than sorry. Especially when it came to the point that her legs were dangling over the edge. Myrcella whimpered a little every time a bit of traction was lost, but the fact that her center of gravity was so low, she didn't slip. All that urged her on was the thoughts of them getting back home and being pampered....

Richard began shimming against the jagged wall watching Myrcella Bochanan carefully moving against the cliff. Slow and steady, there was no rush it was better to approach crossing the cliff slowly and efficiently than fast with the possibility of both of them falling off careening to their deaths. Richard could hear the whimpers from Myrcella feeling absolutely helpless right now. They poor girl didn't deserve to be in this situation and yet here she is. It didn't help that the gusts of wind was getting stronger nearly throwing them off.

"You're doing well Myrcella!" Richard shouted through the wind. He nearly lost his balance in the process but otherwise kept moving. There was loud crunch from the top of the mountain and a large boulder fell above. "MYRCELLA!" Richard said looking at the boulder, it crashed near Myrcella with part of her dress getting torn apart forcing her to hang from the cliffs.

"I GOT YOU!" Richard grabbed both of Myrcella's wrists unwilling to let her fall.

• Scared

The sound of cracking was heard above the wind gusts. It was then that she did what Richard Henry the Eighth told her not to do; she looked up. However that was a good thing for the most part. She was able to track the boulder's fall. Yet it zigzagged on it's way down, bouncing from one rockface to the next.

As it approached her, she turned away from it. Yet the boulder caught her dress and pulled her down. Myrcella screamed as she slipped off the path and over the edge, reaching her hands upward to catch a hold of something. That something was Richard. Her heart was in her throat, her eyes wide with fear as she dangled over the edge. She couldn't find her voice as she tried to gain some kind of foothold with her uninjured leg. What she had wanted to say was written clearly in her eyes; don't let me fall!!

It was hard to hold on to Myrcella Bochanan due to the fact that she had an injured ankle however Richard did everything he could to cling on to the girl for dear life. She was everything to him and Richard promised to love and protect her. The Bard Knight saw that Myrcella held on to the wall with her good foot. "Hold on!" Richard said as he pulled her up. "Use your good foot to prop yourself up!"

Richard finally held Myrcella on top of the Cliff the young girl lying on top of her. "Are you okay Myrcella?!" he asked frantically as pebbles came tumbling down from the mountains. "Are you hurt? Is there anything besides your ankle broken?"

He stared into her eyes and hugged her tight. "I love you," he mumbled. "I told you I'll never let you go."

• Cheer

Myrcella did her best to have her foot find purchase. And it did! Though barely. With the help of Richard Henry the Eighth , she managed to get out of that moment of danger, holding onto him tightly as she lay on top of him. "I'm okay...." Her hands and left though were a little scraped up, but she didn't care. She wasn't falling to her doom. She was alive.

Still she shook as her heart beat fiercely in her chest. "Thank you. I love you too. You're my hero." It was eye-opening to realise how much she depended on him. Especially here in the wild. Even if she wasn't injured, she knew that she'd still need him by her side. If they could beat this mountain, then surely they could accomplish anything together.

"We have to keep going."