Private Tales Literacy.

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Asuego let out a light chuckle after she sipped some of her tea.
» Know your cows, do you? Diaphana is not quite keen of strangers, I suspect you work with cattle regularly? «

» I've lived here longer than the villages around here have stood, «
the witch took another sip from her tea, closing her eyes slowly. » Yet, I'm a stranger, I'm treated as an ague and I've lived elsewhere for much longer than I can reminisce in my caducity. «

• Sip
Reactions: Coyote Kilduff
Coyote nods with a slight smile, continuing to swirl his tea even after the milk has mixed in.

"I spend a lotta time around animals. Cows, horses, goats, just name it. They're usually more agreeable- respectful -than people."

His expression turns a bit rueful as Asuego explains her rocky living situation, and his gaze flicks to the door out of habit.

"Mm. 'Least you don't have to put up with good-for-nothin' neighbours, I suppose."

»Admirable, « she nodded her head, finishing her cup. » Only the peasant praise the herders as equal to kings in folktale and song. «

She put the cup down before serving herself another as she walked back to the hot stove with the brew. » Oh if only, « at that point the stains on the table grew more noticeable. The porous wood, no matter how much it was cleaned, still more the stains of many such procedures that were conducted on it. Well, those of unsavoury nature that a young or older lass might need from time to time to remain unblemished in the eyes of the folk.

Coyote's nose wrinkles at the sight of the table, and he turns himself to face less in it's direction. Still, the idea of it tumbles through his mind, and the rising bile sensation in his throat lessens. It isn't his choice of profession, and it truly isn't his to judge, either.

"Well, I'm no king, ma'am."

He finishes off his Charrbush and holds the cup awkwardly between his rough fingers. He jostles it a little and glances around the cottage again before perching himself awkwardly on the very corner of the bench, so he doesn't disturb any of Susanna's stuff. Finally he holds his cup out in a general gesture, fully expecting to have to get up again for more tea and milk.

"... Can I have a lil' more, ma'am?"

• Popcorn
Reactions: Asuego 'Susanna'
» And the kings know it, « chuckled the old witch. She now wondered how much those folktales were wishful thinking.

» Of course,« she returned to take the cup and fill, and as the milk was already acquired, she added that aswell. The cup was filled almost to the rim before the cutter-witch returned and took a seat opposite of him.
She was completely desensitised to the aged old table. No doubt that thing had history on it.
As Coyote scooted aside to not disturb her stuff, she glanced towards the items in question.
» Are you an avid reader? « She queried, as the items stacked were volumes of old literature.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Coyote Kilduff
He half-squints at Susanna's comment, and carefully accepts the fresh cup with a slight quirk of the corner of his lip and a nod, slurping the top off to keep from spilling it all over his boots and the floor.

"Thank ya."

He takes another long sip of the tea before glancing behind himself at the stacks of books, to which he gives a mild shrug, looking something between curious and sad.

"I like ta read, if it's my speed, and language. Anything too flowery is wasted on my eyes and hurts my head, no use in it if I can't understand it."