Private Tales Life's Blood

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
The hedge witch disliked the silence..
»A return spell, I doubt he still remembers his way home.« Asuego eyed the boy.
Leaving the powder and tincture dipped skull and thread on her being, she stitched a feathery effigy out of the feathers before placing it on her workspare.
From a shelf she then then took another kind of powder, it was glistening and shiny, but not overpowerdly so.

With how cluttered this place was, it was almost too hard to imagine how well the witch could navigate in this place.

Picking up a scoop of the glistening powder in her hand, she walked over the boy and tossed it over his head. It left small trails in the air as it slowly fell to the ground, almost like fairy dust in appearance.

The boy would have protested, but was quickly engulfed in raising fatigue. Asuego then stitched the mouse skull on the back of his shirt before she retrieved some crane shaped scissors from her pockets and took a strand of his hair.
The scissors were of megical property too.

As asuego returned to the effigy to add hair, the boy turned into a sleeping mouse and the effigy into an owl.
»Return him home and leave him in his bed.«

He must not be allowed to leave! Rice let out a shallow "eep" as she suddenly drew a dagger and stabbed the owl. However, instead of the squelch of flesh and blood, there was the crunch of feathers and branches. There was a deep rumbling snort as the other one woke up. What have you done child? He admonished.

"He can't leave," She said standing quite still, wide alert eyes searching the room.

»THAT IS ONE STUPID CHILD« Ardomma finally spoke out again after this long, it's flame dancing in the stove. A cat that previously slumbered on the shelf stoof up, it's fur black as tar, no wonder it was so well hidden. It's blinking yellow eyes piercing the air like daggers.

The bird effigy fell onto the ground and Asuego stepped right beside it, holding up three fingers in front of the girl while trying to grab her by the stabbing arm.
»You entered my home, you messed with my ingredients and now you dare interfere with my craft.«
The bird was able to reform a moment after, grabbing the mouse and flying out of the door that Ardomma opned for it.

»Get out before I change my mind and turn you into firewood.«
»YES FIREWOOD«

Rice bearly heard Asuego over the shouting in her own head. Stupid child, now look what you've done, he got away. Now he is going to tell them what you did. Then they're going to hunt you down. I don't want to have to kill everyone. No one is killing anyone. "But I don't want to die," She whimpered her lip trembling and tears welling up in her eyes. You are not going to die either. Yeah, Right, what are you going to do? Sleep it off? I am the one who saved your life when your family wanted to kill you. He just sat by and did nothing. I don't like having to do this, but someone wasn't able to do something incredibly simple. I should have killed the boy when I had the chance. Rice's trembling body collapsed to the ground covering her head as if she was protecting herself from invisible blows. You're useless why do I bother. If I want something done right I should just do it myself. Leave the child alone, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'll do better next time." She sobbed. Next time! there won't be a next time if The Old One here has his way. He doesn't care about you, he is just waiting for you to die so he can kill me and he doesn't have to sully his reputation by killing you himself. That's- The only person who can save you is me. That's not true. Rice rocked back and forth her shoulders shaking with sobs, completely ignorant of her surroundings. Then Eoliaf's voice came soft and soothing. Shhhhh. It's ok child. I'll make everything better. Rice stopped crying and stared vacantly in front of her. Without looking around or wiping the tears from her still stained and ruddy face she just walked out as if in a stupor.

Walking back out into the forest she paused. Wait. give me control. No one has to die, not you or the villagers. I know you don't want them to die. You're just scared. I'll take you somewhere safe where they can't hurt you. He's liein- Shut up demon. Rice paused and thought about it for a minute. "I guess... I'm so tired, a nap would be nice," She smiled weakly before her expression changed to a stoic superiority. She stood up straight and looked around at her surroundings and began walking through the forest. Away from the house and away from the village towards the Spine and Belgarath.

Last edited: