LFG Lets mix it up a little

Nidraak

Character Biography
Link
For the giggles, let's randomise our situations a little. Who will you RP with next? What situation do you want to include? Maybe you want to try out a character combination you wouldn't have thought of before, or rp with people you have never roleplayed before with (or their characters). Or maybe you'll end up roleplaying with the same person and same character instead.
Just post the characters you want down below and I'll randomise up yer pairs when I get enough people applying. (I'll make the pairings public on the 12th or 14th)
Minimum person inclusion is 2 people, maybe 3 to even out the numbers. If you make the thread open or private or include whatever other people in, well it's up to you to decide with your pairing.

Here are some of the situations: (further situations lie below for maximum hilarity.)
(Following the situation is optional, but extra randomisation is always fun. You can just make up your own if you don't like any or pick from the list anyway if you fancy something specific.)
  • A cave-in.
  • A chill evening at the inn.
  • An inn is suddenly attacked by a werewolf or brigands.
  • A tournament of some sorts.
  • All participating characters have been bound and robbed by bandits and now must escape.
  • The party/pair of characters find themselves enthralled by a powerful vampire lord, they realize of such only when control over them wanes and weakens(maybe the vampire got hurt or something or the like), but the vampire is still personally convinced he has them under full control.
  • The characters wake up in the inn, suddenly their shoes are gone, and not just your's, the whole town is missing shoes! (Damn hobgoblins)
  • (Letters) Through some weird change of pace, you two happened to become became pen pals.
  • A contract that has your characters go spelunking for whatever reason that makes the most sense given the characters included.
  • The involved characters have been infected with a [blank] disease and searching for the cure (before the maybe deadline) requires some ingredient 'shopping' and teamwork.
  • Something led your characters into the catacombs of [blank city], where they uncover a mysterious plot by some cultists or something, or some other illicit activity.

Last edited:
This sounds fun. I'll drop Duresh and Lazule into this random pile.

Also, more potential situations to choose or random into:

• Involved characters framed for a murder. Have to escape from big city without killing guards and clear their names.
  • There's a flying castle. Somehow, involved characters are on it. And it's gonna crash. Buckle up.
  • Coordinated troll attacks on a mountain town. There's something/someone behind this...
  • Involved characters stumble onto the site of a battle. Nothing seems out of the ordinary, one side against the other, until a survivor says...
  • A vessel loaded with riches is coming into port. Gold and treasures, yes, but something else. A powerful artifact, maybe even sinister, guarded by something unexpected.
  • Nemeses/rivals from the involved characters' pasts join forces against them.
  • A freak storm causes an uneasy truce as characters and bad guys take shelter together.

• Wonder
Reactions: Nidraak
Sounds fun, I can definitely throw Leyus in.

For even more ideas (because, hey, there can never be too many ideas):
  • One character cheats other one in some way (battle, game, anything) and now have to face the consequences.
  • One character performs a spell on the other one. Something goes horribly wrong.
  • One character is in debt/has done something bad for some sort of organisation, group, etc. A mix-up happens because of likeness in appearance, name or something else. Now they are after the other character.
  • Your characters wake up together in a room in an inn/house/etc. They might be dressed slightly less than they would want to and there are traces of recent magic. What has happened?
  • One of the characters has been dreaming of the other one lately. Those are horrible, annoying dreams. They want them to stop. Why are they even happening?
  • Characters mix up their bags/coats/cloaks/weapons/etc. because of similar appearances. Any possible complication occur.
  • Characters are on a quest and have to cross a magical forest, which is guarded by fair, but very vicious fae/fairies/etc. They only allow lovers to cross their forest. Characters have to pretend to be very in love with each other (or find some other way/loophole).
  • While being drunk, one character has gambled and lost something to the other. It was something valuable and they want to get it back. The other character is reluctant to agree.

• Yay
Reactions: VigiloConfido
All of these sound so fun! Got seven beans in, let's see who else comes into the mixer.
Here are some more odd/unique situations.
  • Shipwrecked! The characters are the, perhaps sole survivors of a shipwreck. While travelling the Akea'omo'o sea, they were hit by a horrid storm and now they are together on an island untill rescued.
  • The characters were captured somewhere somehow and are now being sold in Cerak'at'thul, and they get bought by the same person.

Last edited:
This sounds fun, I'll throw Kalianna and Cetus into the mix. Here's some other prompts for those interested:
  • A mischievous fae has decided it'd be hilarious to kidnap the involved characters while they're sleeping and drop them in the middle of a forest. Try to find your way out.
  • A very impressionable child profusely claims that you have to become his new parents because they don't like their old ones. They're rather reluctant to tell you where there parents are.
  • While attending a rather fancy party in a manor (for whatever reason is most appropriate, be it to steal, as a guest, etc.), you discover a hidden passageway that leads to a rather dark secret of the host.
  • The characters have each been conned by the same devious merchant. Realizing this, you decide to band together and get back what you lost.
  • A witch has stolen people's voices in order to enhance her own. Get them back. Writing challenge comes included for those interested: try to write without dialogue.

Xyrdithas Oracle of Writing TTamark Szesh Trahaearn Leyus Anima
The results are in. o_O

Mar'Cal the Wanderer x Severin Bellerose
(There's a flying castle. Somehow, involved characters are on it. And it's gonna crash. Buckle up.) OR (Your characters wake up together in a room in an inn/house/etc. They might be dressed slightly less than they would want to and there are traces of recent magic. What has happened?)

Leyus Lerte x Lazule
(A witch has stolen people's voices in order to enhance her own. Get them back. Writing challenge comes included for those interested: try to write without dialogue.) OR (Involved characters stumble onto the site of a battle. Nothing seems out of the ordinary, one side against the other until a survivor says...)

Szesh x Kerastrina
(Characters are on a quest and have to cross a magical forest, which is guarded by fair, but very vicious fae/fairies/etc. They only allow lovers to cross their forest. Characters have to pretend to be very in love with each other (or find some other way/loophole).) OR (Shipwrecked! The characters are the, perhaps sole survivors of a shipwreck. While travelling the Akea'omo'o sea, they were hit by a horrid storm and now they are together on an island until rescued.)

Duresh x Eren’Thiel Xyrdithas
(A cave-in.) OR (Involved characters framed for a murder. Have to escape from big city without killing guards and clear their names.)

Faelin K'Abveirin x Leroy Jenkers x Cetus
(While being drunk, one character has gambled and lost something to the other. It was something valuable and they want to get it back. The other character is reluctant to agree.) OR (A witch has stolen people's voices in order to enhance her own. Get them back. Writing challenge comes included for those interested: try to write without dialogue.) OR (All participating characters have been bound and robbed by bandits and now must escape.)

Trahaearn x Kalliana Romane
(While attending a rather fancy party in a manor (for whatever reason is most appropriate, be it to steal, as a guest, etc.), you discover a hidden passageway that leads to a rather dark secret of the host.) OR (The characters were captured somewhere somehow and are now being sold in Cerak'at'thul, and they get bought by the same person.)

Kerastrina

I am intrigued by the magical forest. Initially I didn't like this scenario, because Szesh is possibly the WORST character to have to fake a love interest. But, seeing how Kerastrina is also the WORST character to try and fake a love interest... it could end up hilarious, or at least very interesting.

The shipwreck is also a good choice, though.

I don't know if this is still going, but if so I'd like to throw my characters hat into the ring.

Nicodemus Hartmar

I'm down for all kinds of adventures. :)