Open Chronicles Jaguars and Tablets

A roleplay open for anyone to join
"I am trying to sleep and it's already hard enough to achieve on this bed let alone with some half-dressed over muscled nude man covered in sweat and compensation looking at me wishing he could go to bed because he was the dipshit that took guard duty and didn't bother just knocking his quarry out. Of course I doubt you could get any other job with the fact that the bone piercing you've got crammed so far up your nose it jabs into your brain is preventing you from being a civilized man, and I do mean civilized because you haven't stopped mouth breathing and staring through me since I got here. By Eleth you incompetent twat has anyone ever told you you are the pinnacle of a caveman? I know your city and civilization is undiscovered but I know well and true enough that you must be some halfwit excuse of a man to to not yet discover the ancient art of nose breathing. I have found damn lichen able to do this legendary art where you sit here gazing over trying to pick your nose only to remember you stuck some infected animals ass bone up your ass to try in some vain attempt to attract a mate not realizing that maybe if you would stop breathing so goddamn loudly and aggressively near them they may find you a sliver of attractive."

He burst. He was slowly being worn away of all patience and this one part luddite, one part wannabe tough guy and one part irritant was quickly eroding it away like somoene had turned the ocean on full blast against a wall of stone.

(That’s absolutely hilarious! XD)

The man seemed to understand him perfectly and set his spear aside, then cracked his knuckles. “For one who claims superior intelligence, you seem to not understand that insulting someone who has the authority to kill you is unwise. If you wish to sleep,” he grabbed the front of Farzad’s robes and drew his fist back. “I can help with that.”

The resonating thud that accompanied a fist hitting the wizard’s temple full force was heard throughout the… prison? What it was had no word for it in Common or Trade. But everybody heard it, and many of the guards grinned amusedly.

He could swear he hears someone mouthing off in the next room. Farzad... isn't helping their case. "Also, how do we earn the sec's trust?"

She heard a loud thud and the sound of someone collapsing to the floor, and smiled, “Well for one, don’t follow your friend’s example. Lucky for you and your other friends, you are judged individually. So just keep your head down, don’t do anything stupid and you’ll be fine.”

“You’ll be allowed to roam about the city when the sun rises, so long as a guard is with you, so you will have plenty of opportunities.

• Haha
Reactions: Zier Xya Zythos
"Took ya time."
He snapped back with an added roll of the eyes. If he had the chance he would've told the weebrain bastard off. Superior Intelligence? Not hard when compared to this twat. His mind was twisted and livid, but he had achieved his goal. Was this the most elegant solution? No by and far not. But it did manage to achieve his goal of getting to sleep.

So far, his return back to the Ixchel wilds was not proving fruitful. The people didn't talk any ancient or unfounded dialects. If anything he was starting to suspect something was not right by all of this. Of course, it was just the dialects. Maybe if he could get a hand on their history he could get a better grasp on what was really going on here.

Oh, gods. Sounds like Farzad has pissed off the wrong guard. That thud couldn't have been good. "Wouldn't call him a friend.. more of an acquaintance." He thought about sleeping. He hasn't gotten much of that throughout this journey. However, he sits up instead, back against the wall. Sleeping in foreign territory is stupid, even if the Guard's words are true. He'd rather be awake since trust is a two way street in this situation. "Also, try and go easy on him. I may not know him well, but I know he's a little annoying. Disregard that and he ain't that bad." He shrugged. Being judged individually is okay, but Zier would feel guilty if he didn't try to defend him, then goes home while Farzad's being sent to the guillotines.

Farzad was just left to sleep on the floor, the swelling lump on the side of his head would result in quite the headache once he decided to wake up. Kreiis said plainly. “Don’t say that to me. I’m not his guard. You are my concern, and he is Gurik’s.”

• Yay
Reactions: Farzad Oldsummer
Farzad slept. He snored rather quietly. Dungeons taught you to do that even on instinct. Of course the floor didn't make things any more comfortable. That lump followed him too, impacting his dreams. It was like a constant headache banging and pounding through his dreams each whisk of euphoric moment of uncertainty twisted by the harsh reality of that damn lump. He'd fix it when he'd wake up. He'd fix a lot of things when he woke up.

• Haha
That response was... irritating. How could he not say that to her? Farzad's mouth, as painfully demonstrated, is going to get him pulverized further. He'd certainly wake up with a vengeance. Who wouldn't? Zier definitely would.

"Uh-Huh." He isn't even making an attempt of hiding his annoyance anymore. "Well, again I don't know him well, but I still traveled with him so he's also My concern." It wasn't explicitly stated, but the emphasis subtly insinuated a possible-- violent considering how protective Zier is over his allies-- retaliation in the event that Farzad is seriously injured or killed. "Besides, i think you'd ask the same if the situation was reversed." Over the next few hours, he stared at the walls, ceilings, floors, his hands or Kreiis as he struggled to stay awake. Eventually, he succumbed to his urge to sleep.

• Yay
Reactions: Farzad Oldsummer
"Uh-Huh." He isn't even making an attempt of hiding his annoyance anymore. "Well, again I don't know him well, but I still traveled with him so he's also My concern." It wasn't explicitly stated, but the emphasis subtly insinuated a possible-- violent considering how protective Zier is over his allies-- retaliation in the event that Farzad is seriously injured or killed. "Besides, i think you'd ask the same if the situation was reversed."

“That’s fair.” She said nodding in understanding. “Concern for ones companions, a noble trait. I get the feeling that you’ll make a good impression on my fellows. And yes, I imagine that I would too.”

She leaned her back against the wall. “Tell me about where you come from. We know so very little about the outside world.”

(ggggreen lighted)

"Well... I'm from a different continent. Laidain.." Vague. Too vague. He isn't used to telling others about the world as he is exploring it, especially to kidnappers-- even if they seem nice. "There's a forest, Falwood, home of the elves. It's way less hostile than being out here in the Ixchel wilds. Then there's the city of Elbion. Lots of merchants reside there, and there's a LARGE collage that teaches magic." He paused for moment, thinking of where else he's been. "I've briefly visited another city called Alliria. I don't remember much about it... but the city is pretty, and lot of people are rich." He sighed, deeply despising the next topic. "Vel Anir, racist, racist and more racist. SO racist that almost everyone that lives there hates elves. Their city resides close to falwood. They're bitches, really. Ain't going there again." Even saying their cities name disgusts him. He really can't understand how a city can be so hateful. "Why don't any of you ever visit the other side of the world? It'll be life changing."

Kreiis listened carefully to his description of the outside world, her curiosity made more prominent, not sated. But she was swiftly brought back from her thoughts by his question.

“A few decades ago, our people were placed in slavery, by people from the outside world. We fought back and earned our freedom at great cost. We do not want to risk anyone having a similar idea. So we take anyone who wanders too close prisoner, and they prove that they will keep our secret or they die. We’d simply don’t want to risk such vulnerability again.

• Wow
Well... he doesn't approve at all of their method of security; murder is wrongfu unless the person is evil. Although that clears up the kidnapping, there's more things he's missing.

"I mean... it happened decades ago. I haven't really heard of slavery, especially for humans, being a problem in modern cities. Elbion and Alliria certainly don't have that problem. Vel anir is problematic, but humans are welcomed within their city. You should branch out more; staying in one place is.. boring." He means that from experience. Staying in Falwood quickly became dull.

"I mean... it happened decades ago. I haven't really heard of slavery, especially for humans, being a problem in modern cities. Elbion and Alliria certainly don't have that problem. Vel anir is problematic, but humans are welcomed within their city. You should branch out more; staying in one place is.. boring." He means that from experience. Staying in Falwood quickly became dull.

“I might agree with you, but I fullfill my duties and that’s all I need to do to keep living. And this is home. I might leave if I were allowed, but this is where I belong.”

• Thoughtful
"Life is way too short for that. The world is amazing, frightening and beautiful. Falwood is my home, but I still depart from it for adventure. Trust me it's worth leaving home."

(Died from busy)

(No worries.

“Not when I have a duty to protect it.” She answered. “Tell me about this Falwood. I cannot leave this place to see it myself, so I am resigned only to hear of it.”

(Timeskip)
The following morning Farzad Oldsummer would wake up to find his guard still vigilant at his post. Kreiis is had also returned to her place beside the door after Zier had gone to bed. He’d find that the beds weren’t uncomfortable.

Kreiis would look to Zier with tired but still wakeful eyes, “Good morning to you.”

Farzad’s guard would not extend such courtesy.

(Sorry about late response. Went camping no internet.)​

Farzad rose from the 'comfort' of his 'bed'. "Oh goodie." Farzad stated allowed, rolling up into a cross legged seat. "I didn't die. I was honestly half expecting the whole drag me while I'm unconscious." He smiled in reply as he touched the side of his skull. The lump had formed and was bulbous like an unpopped tumor. It'd go down eventually. He assumed at least. "So than what's on the agenda today? If it's another day in this cage I think I'm going to scream." Farzad asked calmly, quite frankly the night of semi-relaxed sleep had so far done a wonder for his mood.

"And please, don't say sacrifice. I dealt with that last week. Do you know how hard it is to make a believable body double out of twigs and straw?" Farzad asked sincerely as he picked himself up and stretched, "Well. Actually rather easy when the people sacrificing you are blind. But still point stands." Even easier when one was making the storyup.

Last edited:
  • Haha
"Good Morning." He responded as he stretched his arms, small pops releasing from the joints. He assumed that the rooms in this elaborate, prison-like structure had disgusting, pain inducing beds that felt like you were sleeping on a stone slab. A bumpy one. Luckily for him, he was gifted a comfortable bed and his jovial mood reflected that. "I hope we're actually going to do something exciting today because I'd hate to let that rest go to waste." He slid his legs over the edge, standing up and stretching further.

(Sorry about late response. Went camping no internet.)​

Farzad rose from the 'comfort' of his 'bed'. "Oh goodie." Farzad stated allowed, rolling up into a cross legged seat. "I didn't die. I was honestly half expecting the whole drag me while I'm unconscious." He smiled in reply as he touched the side of his skull. The lump had formed and was bulbous like an unpopped tumor. It'd go down eventually. He assumed at least. "So than what's on the agenda today? If it's another day in this cage I think I'm going to scream." Farzad asked calmly, quite frankly the night of semi-relaxed sleep had so far done a wonder for his mood.

"And please, don't say sacrifice. I dealt with that last week. Do you know how hard it is to make a believable body double out of twigs and straw?" Farzad asked sincerely as he picked himself up and stretched, "Well. Actually rather easy when the people sacrificing you are blind. But still point stands." Even easier when one was making the storyup.

“You’re allowed to move about the city so long as I accompany you.” Was the simple answer, “I don’t recommend you try any trickery. It won’t end well for you.”

The guard stood to the side of the door, letting him pass if he so desired.

"Good Morning." He responded as he stretched his arms, small pops releasing from the joints. He assumed that the rooms in this elaborate, prison-like structure had disgusting, pain inducing beds that felt like you were sleeping on a stone slab. A bumpy one. Luckily for him, he was gifted a comfortable bed and his jovial mood reflected that. "I hope we're actually going to do something exciting today because I'd hate to let that rest go to waste." He slid his legs over the edge, standing up and stretching further.

“Good morning to you too.” She replied. “I don’t know about exciting, but you’re allowed to roam about the city so long as I’m with you. There are a number of things to see.”

Farzad rolled his eyes. To say he was unimpressed was an understatement. "Oh no trickery. Guess I'll just be direct and curse a thousand plagues and a thousand nights on your crops." He waved his hands in mockery, all the while going, 'wooooooo' and overall rather unperturbed by the threat. He was still dressed. Quite frankly that alone was a comforting enough facet to make him confident. Even if his skull thumped and pounded with an undertone thud.

In the meantime, as he passed the side of the man he started to look around. Now that it wasn't night he could more properly enjoy the scenery. The sharp shaped geometrics, the colouration of the stone and the vines that trailed into the cracked stonework like snaked looking for comfort. "Where's the Shaman? I assume you have one yes?" Farzad inquired to his guard, rather dismissive and quick to his goal.

• Haha
A new city to explore is exactly his definition of excitement! He still remembers the first time he visited Alliria; he stood atop a building to gaze over the city and it was exhilarating! He's definitely doing that with this one too. "Hopefully there's also food here because I'm hungry," He said whike stepping past her abd out the door, "I could go for-" He stopped when he turned to see Farzad with a bulging lump on the side of his head. Zier has gotten injuries, but DAMN. "The fuck happened to you?" Hell did he get with? headbutt by an orc??

• Haha
Reactions: Kreiis
"Where's the Shaman? I assume you have one yes?" Farzad inquired to his guard, rather dismissive and quick to his goal.

“You met all eight of them yesterday.” The guard said bluntly. “I doubt you would actually want to meet them, especially not with your attitude. They’d have you sacrificed on the spot, and believe me, you do not want to be sacrificed.”

"Hopefully there's also food here because I'm hungry," He said whike stepping past her abd out the door, "I could go for-"

“There’s food. Don’t worry, you won’t starve.” She starts, walking behind him, until he exclaimed at his friend’s injury.

Farzad’s guard replied with, “he opened his mouth.”

Farzad opened his mouth, a face of fake shock. "Oh my by Eleth what a revelation." Farzad responded sardonically. "I don't want to be sacrificed." He rolled his eyes and moved onwards. "Well what about a library?" Farzad changed and clarified. He was getting bored of rolling his eyes at the guard's comments. Instead he took a finger and pulled down his lower eyelid, poking a tongue at his guard. "I trust you have some history. Something to read to kill the time." He continued asking, looking around for a stick to turn into a makeshift quarterstaff. Less for defense and more for the style of it all.

• Yay
Reactions: Kreiis