Open Chronicles Jaguars and Tablets

A roleplay open for anyone to join
K

Kreiis

The camp was set a small number of miles away from the wall of foliage that was their eventual destination, and beyond that their goal. A small camp of no more than fifteen men and women who shared a common goal, though motivations varied greatly. Some wanted fame, others knowledge, others adventure and still more wanted coin. Motivation was of little consequence, their goal was the same, and this being the case were united in their efforts. Mages, warriors and scholars, and the ever important cartographer and linguist. The number of tents were arranged haphazardly, facing in any direction they pleased with a fire put in the center of the disorganized grouping of woven shelters. Around which sat most of the group, while others were off on their own doing various things to prepare or entertain themselves.

The fire had a cookpot hung over it by a wide iron tripod, and in it was a vegetable soup, which one of the members was stirring and perfecting. The tall foliage and trees loomed over the adventurers like a storm cloud, threatening and ominous, hiding things that could kill every last one of them without effort.

Around the fire were two men, and some others and were joined by a woman in full leather armor and carrying a broad roundshield and a wide chopping sword. She sat on the little mound of earth and asked the colorful mage, “So what exactly are we looking for in there? An idol? A temple? With the usual spike traps and fire spitting statues? What are we doing here?”

• Cthuloo
Reactions: Farzad Oldsummer
The jungle stunk and stung with vile bites and pungent rot. Farzad had only arrived a few hours prior, an oversized bag for a Wizard, but just right for someone planning to camp in the underdark for a month at a time. He was draped and draped in thick cloth, the bite and sting of bugs unable to reach the most of his flesh, with the exception of his face. Bugs buzzed and swamped onto it like a moth to flame. Except at least in that analogy, the moth's don't annoy Farzad half as much. It was why he was so thrilled to have discovered the magics of a cork slouch hat. It didn't do a fantastic amount of good. But it worked at giving him a few moments of reprieve.

Of course. He had other nuisances to worry about in camp.

He waved around a stick of incense that burnt with a tinder flame at it's end like some mocking wizard wand as he looked at a rather frustrated straight and narrow wizard. This was Krieg the Shine, a rather established wizard of mediocre renown. He was to Farzad like a path was to an unfounded bush track. Where one followed the standard and reached the same milestones as most others, the other ran wild with little direction but his own.

"Well at least my magic is MY magic!"
"Your magic is just made up by other wizards!"
"Oh and your's isn't mister I use Scrolls cause I'm too shit at real magic!"
"Yea well your Beard's unkempt."
"So what!"
"Well I can't control that I can't manage my magic. You can always groom."
"Maybe if you studied!"
"Studying's for Nerd's."
"You are a Wizard! We are literally all nerds Farzad!"

It had been going on for quite some time. Normally when people heard the clashing of Wizard wits they expected long syllogism, powerful ontology and even a literal Venn Diagram conjured into reality. Though, just like reality, the truth was always a little more disappointing. Krieg had little wit in verbal debates and Farzad was about as much a wizard as a Dolphin with a wheelchair was a land animal.

Last edited:
The Ixchel wilds is a place Zier has always wanted to explore. No more cities, the hooves or horses as they lug around caravans, or the incessant chatter of the crowds in them. He almost feels as if he's more adept in this terrain just because he grew up in Fal'addas. He knows damn well that this forest is more harsh and unexplored than the one he calls home; it'll be a harrowing experience so he'll have to set aside that elven arrogance.

He emerged from his tent, clad in his armor with a sword strapped onto his back as he ate smoked boar jerky. He had heard the quarrelling between these two wizards from his tent and it was somewhat entertaining if you're the type of person to enjoy infantile jokes. Although, up close... it was a little annoying to hear as he sat down on a stump beside them. Their squabbles will definitely be a nuisance to some of the team, but for Zier; this is just comedic relief for the harrowing journey ahead.

When Krelis joined in, receiving no answers from the two fighting wizards, Zier answered it. Although he doesn't exactly know what they'll find either. "One of the scholars here have told me that a library is somewhere deep in the wilds. (eatin' his damn jerky). I don't know what's in the library, but we're gonna find out. Hopefully there's books containing secret magic or somethin'." That is basically what he's in it for. Exploration and secret knowledge. Fun!

The Ixchel wilds is a place Zier has always wanted to explore. No more cities, the hooves or horses as they lug around caravans, or the incessant chatter of the crowds in them. He almost feels as if he's more adept in this terrain just because he grew up in Fal'addas. He knows damn well that this forest is more harsh and unexplored than the one he calls home; it'll be a harrowing experience so he'll have to set aside that elven arrogance.

He emerged from his tent, clad in his armor with a sword strapped onto his back as he ate smoked boar jerky. He had heard the quarrelling between these two wizards from his tent and it was somewhat entertaining if you're the type of person to enjoy infantile jokes. Although, up close... it was a little annoying to hear as he sat down on a stump beside them. Their squabbles will definitely be a nuisance to some of the team, but for Zier; this is just comedic relief for the harrowing journey ahead.

When Krelis joined in, receiving no answers from the two fighting wizards, Zier answered it. Although he doesn't exactly know what they'll find either. "One of the scholars here have told me that a library is somewhere deep in the wilds. (eatin' his damn jerky). I don't know what's in the library, but we're gonna find out. Hopefully there's books containing secret magic or somethin'." That is basically what he's in it for. Exploration and secret knowledge. Fun!

(Kreiis isn’t the woman who joined them, that woman is an NPC. C:)

The woman, a mercenary by the name of Liss, nodded understanding. “That explains the abundance of wizards. What are you hoping to get out of this little adventure? I’m here cause I was paid by the people funding this expedition, an explorers guild I think, which also explains the cartographer and linguist. But again I say, what about you? What are you here for?”

Her own armor was fully covering but skintight, allowing for flexibility but also protection. She had long red hair tied back in a ponytail and grey eyes. “Are you here for the knowledge, the pay like me or for the adventure?”

"Well, I for one am here to discover the ancient knowledge locked in these forests. Bring it back to the college to study." Krieg responded, Farzad was far less impressed than most and most others were already made unimpressed by the wizards triflings. "Well, I for one don't mean to outdo you." Farzad started. Clearly meaning to outdo him, "But I plan to discover the ancient knowledge locked away in the Ixchel Wild's." He then narrowed his eyes and straightened himself up, "And then I plan on unlocking it right here and there." Farzad's waved his arms around with the wizard stick to mock the incantations the wizard no doubt practiced. "Ya know. Because I'm capable of figuring stuff out, WITHOUT the College." He grinned. Krieg did not. The battle of outdoing each other was reaching the end of it's prequel. Soon would be the time to begin the main act.

Farzad in the meantime had gathered his things. His legs ached with sores and splinters of pain ran the length of his legs, each bone scraping against muscle in painful rakes. He ignored it solemnly. He was an adventurer of the greatest heights and deepest below's and wasn't about to let what amount to a somewhere in between stroll stop his quest for greater things and greater amass' of knowledge.

The Ixchel Wild's.
Unexplored.
Uncharted.
Unchallenged.

Last edited:
  • Sip
Reactions: Kreiis
(I'm big dumb :D )

Inquisitive this one is. Oh well, he has no problem with questions. "Well, I'm in i-"
"Well, I for one am here to discover the ancient knowledge locked in these forests. Bring it back to the college to study."

He's affiliated with the collage too? Awesome! and since he's a wizard, Zier is definitely asking him for techniques at the best convenience. Arrogance from Farzad? It'll be Hilarious if he's standing there trying to unlock that ancient knowledge and can't. "Getting paid sounds wonderful... but no. I'm in this for the adventure, some ancient knowledge as this colorful guy said, and the Adventure! I've always loved adventure and this will be a perfect place to explore next."

• Yay
"Getting paid sounds wonderful... but no. I'm in this for the adventure, some ancient knowledge as this colorful guy said, and the Adventure! I've always loved adventure and this will be a perfect place to explore next."

She nodded and said, “a fair motivation. Just curious. And I’m pretty sure you’ll get plenty of adventure in there. There are a lot of places yet to be found in that particular place, so you’re no doubt going to be satisfied. Anyway, I aught to get some sleep, big day of trudging ahead of us.”

So the mercenary retired to her tent, not to come out until morning.

When dawn came the explorers packed their tents, ate some breakfast and started for the jungles. Liss, with her broad chopping sword, cut through underbrush to clear a path for the rest of them until they could get to a river or pond or more clear area where they could walk more freely.

The twelve total explorers were beset by mosquitoes and ticks and other such insects of annoyance. The humid air made sweating less cooling and just trapped more heat. It was most uncomfortable for those unaccustomed to the heat. And they had a long way to go.

They would camp again, only a few miles into the jungle at sunset, in a clearing beside a pond, where they would be in for a most uncomfortable night. And a rude awakening.

(And you’re not dumb, I should have clarified.)

It felt muddy. His body was laced and drenched in folds upon folds of layer and scarves. They done well with the heat, designed for it even in a strange way but that stench... that dragging sensation... the pooling liquid in every crack of his skin. His body was a sticky pool of sweat and stench in the heats of the Ixchel wilderness, and he made it clear with every motion of his stick a trudged affair through the thickets of brush and the leafy refuse of the forested floor clumped and clamped onto the butt end of his staff.

He had pulled a scarf over his face his Cork Hat at least remedying the lavishes of bugs desperate to suckle and swim in the pools of his tasty sweat, and his scarf just made it that tad easier for the wry fly to struggle to make purchase. Of course, he was doing only slightly better than Krieg the Shine. He was too busy having his robes caught on leaves, branches and anything else around. Not too mention the bugs, the sweat and of course. He was a College Wizard. A College. Wizard. As far as Farzad was concerned every nine outta ten College Wizard had the stamina and fortitude equivalent of a dying nat with a chronic case of bleeding out. Of course, Farzad didn't look better. But at least when he finally made it to camp, he still had the ability to set up camp.

And it was one of the better setups. He carried his everything on his oversized backpack. First out came his tent that doubled as his bed. It was an oversized Bedroll that simply came with a tent included. Than came out knick knacks, a small saucer for water, a glass vial of sweet caramel, a slab of overly salty meat with a small thing of bread that he poured his caramel on. He took to the pond, grabbed himself some water and simply ate at his tent, cozy and content as he let the days sweat roll off of him.

Oh, Gods. I was wrong. So fucking wrong.

A trek through the wilderness sounded wonderful. He's done it several times in Falwood so he assumed he'd be just at home. NOPE. He quickly found the distinction between the two when he realized that he's never walked this long before in this environment. He paused several times throughout their journey to swipe at-- or torch-- the incessant mosquitoes that only grew more emboldened, enticed by the sweat that Farzad was saturated in; when some were unable to get to Farzad, they dove straight for Zier's fucking face.

Then there's the heat. He's heard rumors that adept Pyromancers may even be able to regulate their body temperature as they see fit. He may be far from this skill, but he still tried. However, you can't walk through the blistering heat with bugs swarming you and expect to focus. Another challenge was in his way... Farzad's sweat; each movement he made with his stick sent a wall of his vile B.O crashing into Zier which prompted him to gag. He constantly switched positions, left and right, up and down, only to find no relief.

Astra... Give me strength...

Almost immediately as they announced where they'd be camping, he wasted no time picking his spot and sprawling out on the grass. His tent, food and shit can wait. and wait... and wait. In the end, he never set it up. He ate some jerky, bread and water before he started dozing the fuck off. Armor and all.

Sleeping without cover would prove to be a bad idea. Insects, while active in the day, came out in force at night. But the insects were the least of their problems. Liss was on watch duty, to make sure no tigers killed them in their sleep, she wasn’t expecting humans to attack them.

A woman, her “clothes” of jaguar fur covering next to nothing save her crotch and boobs, and left everything else open to air, save her feet which were clad in soft leather shoes, came out of the brush with a short spear tipped with obsidian. She attacked Liss. Liss called out to wake her comrades, but she was swiftly on her back, weaponless and pinned by spearpoint. Her comrades, mages and warriors alike, would not be able to even draw their weapons before knives and spears were pressed to their necks.

In the trees there were men and women alike with bows, all clad in jaguar fur, and all with arrows trained on the intruders. The woman standing over Liss spoke, “you move, you die.”

Farzad was almost instinctive in his response. His eyes were awake as he looked to their weapon at his throat. "Ah. I, surrender." He was rather factual and quick tongued in it all. Comfortable too for all intents and purposes. This hadn't been the worst way to wake up he figured. Surly hadn't been the worst way he had been woken up either. "Now. I see your boss has told Liss over there to not speak. Is that like uh..." He rolled his hand for emphasis as the spear narrowed into his neck. "Ah I see. This is an, everyone deal I understand." He replied in quick succession as the gulp ran down his throat and threatened to pop as it lounged closely on the tip of the spear.

He was rather happy about this all from his expression. He seemed obtuse to the goings on; the leveled spears and arrows, the rather scantily clad dress and attire they seemed to lavish themselves in all was too busy as far as he was concerned. They were distracting, he saw some scribblings on bits and pieces. They were familiar. Every writing was familiar if it all descended from the same place. And considering this was the Ixchel Wilds, he was familiar enough with the writings, even if it was radicalized and differentiated in every niche culture.

Zier's response would've been the same as Farzad's at Liss's call, but he barely moved. He blocked it out. The bugs had been terrorizing him all night so he eventually stopped resisting the legions of bugs that either crawled over or bit him. The jagged, obsidian tipped spear that pressed against his cheek didn't make him move. Instead, he slowly opened his eyes, glaring at the two figures looming over him. Sparse clothing... Zier.. don't stare..

He was obviously annoyed at this little ambush and he voiced that annoyance. "Oh... I didn't know the Ixchel wilds has a fucking brothel somewhere." And that remark was met with a kick to the face. Deserved but worth it.

Zier probably shouldn’t have opened his mouth. The swift kick to his head was well aimed and not at all gentle. He was the first one to be seized and removed of his weapons. Farzad and the wizard were treated with extra care, and Liss was grumpy at being disarmed at spearpoint. It was back to walking for them. The natives kept up an unforgiving pace and were able to maneuver with much greater grace and skill than the newcomers could muster through the thick underbrush.

Even more astonishingly, they could see in the dark rainforest, probably due to the luminescent war paint they wore, which glowed softly and illuminated the immediate area around them, though not far. Somehow, they were still skilled at being stealthy with this glow, even in the dark, when any sort of light would normally give them away. No matter.

It was a few hours before they arrived at their destination. A city, a small one, and well covered by a canopy of leaves but a city. A number of low houses with gently slanted roofs were scattered about, with some sort of rootlike street system. In the very center of the city was a huge pyramid of carved stone blocks, with several terraces running about it as the pyramid rose higher. It too had a number of buildings, and at the top were four freestanding pillars. It was here that they were brought.

Four men and four women were at the top, all similarly clothed, though very different from the men and women who brought them there. And each carried a staff capped with a bone of some sort. Some were crowned by an array of claws, others by vertebrae with some ribs still poking out. All wore masks.

F0C609AC-53F1-4D9B-A302-1606D0B1A86D.jpeg
119F30DD-082B-44AC-8AF2-2372E72A0EC5.jpeg

None of the eight looked friendly. The twelve total newcomers were thrown to the ground in front of the four priests and four priestesses. “Who are you strangers?” One of the priests asked.

If one were to look closely, each pair had a different color body paint. Black, Blue, Green and White.

He trudged along. What more was there to do. He tried to whisk his head but that only gave him a stare by his captors. He was quick to learn how to get along with the insects and bugs that decided to laze upon his tendrils of scarves and folds. Now, if anything in the dark Farzad seemed unphased. He didn't bemoan a step where Krieg was sullen and tired, legs thick from fat made for poor tools in sinking sludge.

Of course, even with the few hours of exhaustion Farzad seemed to come out better for wear. Krieg was.... An archetype and pariah of the college in this exact scenario. Farzad gave him an all to knowing smile. Where Krieg seemed exhausted Farzad seemed to be galvanized, the long shrieking city streets only illuminated by the haunting glow of ethereal warriors and distant shine from the stars was a piece of magic to behold. Even if the others of the team couldn't realize it. His heart started to palpitate simply being around these ancient lost things.

Of course the rude surprise of being tossed to the ground was a little unwelcome. Farzad was quick to rise back up, dusting himself off to look at the gathered priests. The whole thing had been so lost in splendour that the danger had been lost as well, though at least figured out how to answer a question. "Farzad Oldsummer. Dungeon Delver D.D. Though if we are talking professional." There was a pause as he narrowed his eyes, looking between the octuplets before him. "You uh... You talk merchant's speech?" He asked hesitantly, a little deflated.

Last edited:
Fuck the wilds. Fuck the bugs.

His weapon has only been confiscated four other times in his life and each time resulted in him later hurting the person doing it or getting himself hurt in the process.

Torch Them.

As much as he'd love to spin around to deliver some fiery consequences, it'll be responded to with a few arrows in his neck so he'll comply with this little kidnapping for now. Although, he didn't fully comply; he deliberately moved at his leisure and, with a few small motions of his hands accompanied by whispered incantations. created tiny granite rocks and spikes to make their kidnappers stumble or fall. His little stunts were quickly made out and it obviously ended with violent repercussions. Again, deserved but worth it.

Here he is, gazing upon some sort of hidden civilization, doing exactly what he wanted to do and he can't even fucking enjoy it thanks to these bastards. He barely took in the scenery as they approached the pyramid, soon being rudely tossed onto the floor. He felt as if he was thrown with a little extra strength...

I'll tell you who the FUCK I am after you do first! You look like you rolled over every FUCKINGG surface in Arethil. Fucking court jester. Is what he opened his mouth to say if Farzad didn't speak first. Perhaps it was best he did speak first because Zier was too heated after their abrupt toss to look upon their attire and staff. They look more... regal in comparison to the others. He didn't bother standing up; the journey was long enough so the ground was very welcome. "I'm Zier. Associated with the College of Elbion. I hope these introductions aren't a one way thing." It's nicer than what he first thought, but he couldn't hide the annoyance and fatigue in his voice.

• Yay
"Farzad Oldsummer. Dungeon Delver D.D. Though if we are talking professional." There was a pause as he narrowed his eyes, looking between the octuplets before him. "You uh... You talk merchant's speech?" He asked hesitantly, a little deflated.

“We do.” Was the only reply, and it was impossible to tell who had said it. They seemed to be satisfied, but they had no expressions to be seen. So it was impossible to tell. “What is your purpose here trespassers?”

"I'm Zier. Associated with the College of Elbion. I hope these introductions aren't a one way thing." It's nicer than what he first thought, but he couldn't hide the annoyance and fatigue in his voice.

The four priests and four priestesses all looked at him at once, and stood silent for a moment. Until, “when we know you can be trusted, our identities will be told. What is this College, and what reason does it have to send your little fellowship into our lands?”

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Zier Xya Zythos
First they speak merchants speak and now they were short. Farzad was quickly losing his sense of wanderlust with the voice swapping priests. Though if he was lucky he'd able let free soon enough and free to berate Krieg the Shine for his inability to be fit. Not like the duo would be able to match wits and ability with philology. That was afterall half his job when the civilization was alive, all of it when they were all dead.

During the awkward pause Farzad looked to Krieg the Shine. "Ya know starting to think maybe. Not gonna be a great civilization to decipher." Farzad said, he was ready to get hit over the head. Deserved but worthwhile. Krieg kept his mouth shut as he narrowed his eyes and pierced Farzad. "Truth be told I thought you'd be dead by now." He blurted for no apparent purpose other than to add insult.

"I mean. I was here to discover an ancient civilization, decipher their language and learn primordial magics."
Farzad quipped back, his voice was not too dissimilar to a balloon leaking air. "Gonna also clarify." He pointed to himself, "Not actually affiliated with them. Sorta more a me deal." He explained, pointing than to everyone else around him with as much sassed theatrics as he could in a single circular motion. "Everyone else. Not sure. But they dun' speak for me."

They must be an exceptionally isolated civilization if they have no idea what the College is. People all across arethil must've been there at one point and went back to inform others about it so it's shocking they're clueless. Farzad appears to disassociate himself from the group entirely. That sounds difficult to do when you were caught camping out with the rest. Zier stood up, running both hands through his hair and sharply exhaling. "The college didn't send me. I'm here on my own." He pointed a thumb at Farzad, "Basically, I'm here for the same reason as he is. Although I don't really care about learning your language or whatever. Exploration and magic were all I needed to hear." pursing his lips inward, he gave a small clap before looking left, right and behind him, indicating that he feels like this encounter needs to fucking end now. He was also looking for something else, "Sooooooo- Can I have my sword back? One o' y'all back there has it I'm pretty sure."

• Yay
First they speak merchants speak and now they were short. Farzad was quickly losing his sense of wanderlust with the voice swapping priests. Though if he was lucky he'd able let free soon enough and free to berate Krieg the Shine for his inability to be fit. Not like the duo would be able to match wits and ability with philology. That was afterall half his job when the civilization was alive, all of it when they were all dead.

During the awkward pause Farzad looked to Krieg the Shine. "Ya know starting to think maybe. Not gonna be a great civilization to decipher." Farzad said, he was ready to get hit over the head. Deserved but worthwhile. Krieg kept his mouth shut as he narrowed his eyes and pierced Farzad. "Truth be told I thought you'd be dead by now." He blurted for no apparent purpose other than to add insult.

"I mean. I was here to discover an ancient civilization, decipher their language and learn primordial magics." Farzad quipped back, his voice was not too dissimilar to a balloon leaking air. "Gonna also clarify." He pointed to himself, "Not actually affiliated with them. Sorta more a me deal." He explained, pointing than to everyone else around him with as much sassed theatrics as he could in a single circular motion. "Everyone else. Not sure. But they dun' speak for me."

“We’ll then, you should have plenty of time for such an endeavor.” The cemtermost priest said, “you’ll be here for a while.”

"Sooooooo- Can I have my sword back? One o' y'all back there has it I'm pretty sure."

“No.” The priestess beside the previous priest responded. “You and your compatriots will remain here until we can determine whether we can afford to let you go, or if we will simply have to kill you.”

The white priestess waved her hand at the people behind them, who pulled the group to their feet and brought them down the pyramid, and to a reverse pyramid pit-thing. A structure that looked like several steps going down with each containing a living space, simple and clean, but with one way out. Each of them were put into one of the spaces, with a guard outside the door. Kreiis was put outside of Zier’s new ‘home’ to make sure he didn’t try anything. Farzad got his own guard, as did each of the fellows.

They were each told, “you may roam about the city so long as we are with you.

"Welp." Farzad stretched as they walked down the pyramid steps. "Imma go hit the hay or..." He looked at the warriors that escorted them, "Do you guys have hay? Feathe... Oh goddamnit am I sleeping on a stone slab?" He shook his head, wishing he didn't ask and not ruin the surprise. "Welp. Still better than a coffin I suppose." He muttered under his breath as they were taken down and into the Pit.

Farzad as they come down looked to the gathered people.
"Welp it has been a pleasure. I for one, gonna go to bed. Little bit late, little past my bedtime. Might see ya later. Might not." He raised a hand, shaking it back and forth to the team, "Chance though. Might all be dead tomorrow. Who knows how quick they are gonna decide to-" He drew a hand along his neck than hanged it over his head to hold an imaginary piece of rope. "Ya know. So might as well make the most of things..." It was rather morbid. Well, it was morbid and the smile didn't exactly alleviate that as he twisted on a heel and headed to his bedrest to finally retire for the night.

Overall, Zier is a friendly person who really just wants to get along with everyone and make sure both parties fight for entertainment. This isn't one of those times. Jokes on you fuckers. I'm a fucking pyromancer AND I can summon lava if I need to! He didn't take kindly to their killing statement at all. Embers practically flung from his eyes from the immense vehemence in the malicious glare he gave the priestess before being pulled off.

This structure is closer to the earth, which makes magma easily accessible. Farzads humor was indeed morbid, but his gestures were funny and Zier laughed despite their issue. he's very eccentric. Hopefully, it won't come down to that.

As much as he'd love to blast the wall open or bring a little section of the place down in a molten flood, he'd be swarmed by arrows before he could escape. YoU'Ll bE hErE FoR a wHIlE, my ass. He thought as he sat in the center of his room.

He crossed his legs, placing his hands on his knees and breathing deeply to calm himself down and fuel the flames he might find himself conjuring later. "So... I really don't know why you can't let us go," He laid back onto the floor, which he's become quite accustomed to doing in the past day, staring at the ceiling and attempting to reason. "Honestly, I'm not a fan of the whole pillaging thing. I'd much rather ask around, explore, learn. Y'know, the better way to go about things. Way better than kidnapping." He arched his knee, placing his other leg over it as he lay with his hands behind his head. "Didn't even realize there was a whole city out here."

"So... I really don't know why you can't let us go,"

Kreiis did not respond. She simply stood by the door, arching him suspiciously.

He laid back onto the floor, which he's become quite accustomed to doing in the past day, staring at the ceiling and attempting to reason. "Honestly, I'm not a fan of the whole pillaging thing. I'd much rather ask around, explore, learn. Y'know, the better way to go about things. Way better than kidnapping."

“If this is true you have nothing to fear from us.” She said matter-of-factly, straightforward and no nonsense. “You are simply being judged on how trustworthy you are, earn the sect’s trust, and you’ll be free to go.”

He arched his knee, placing his other leg over it as he lay with his hands behind his head. "Didn't even realize there was a whole city out here."

“Yet your wizard said you were looking for forgotten knowledge, and our scouts saw you heading directly for our city without falter, and we’re the only ones in this area.” She said to him. “Either way we’d rather keep our city hidden from the outside world.”

Farzad’s guard was most annoyed at his antics but did nothing. He, like Kreiis, guarded the door from the inside and watched the wizard carefully.

• Yay
Farzad had a jaded stare at his guard. Who was looking at him. As he tried to sleep. At night. When it was sleep time. He twitched his eye as he turned in his sleep. Was it the way he dressed? Was it the fact magic was dripping off of him like pus from an open sore? "Do you mind?" Farzad inquired, a sharp tone in contrast to his deflatement and bewilderment he had shifted through sincee he arrived.

"I am trying to sleep and it's already hard enough to achieve on this bed let alone with some half-dressed over muscled nude man covered in sweat and compensation looking at me wishing he could go to bed because he was the dipshit that took guard duty and didn't bother just knocking his quarry out. Of course I doubt you could get any other job with the fact that the bone piercing you've got crammed so far up your nose it jabs into your brain is preventing you from being a civilized man, and I do mean civilized because you haven't stopped mouth breathing and staring through me since I got here. By Eleth you incompetent twat has anyone ever told you you are the pinnacle of a caveman? I know your city and civilization is undiscovered but I know well and true enough that you must be some halfwit excuse of a man to to not yet discover the ancient art of nose breathing. I have found damn lichen able to do this legendary art where you sit here gazing over trying to pick your nose only to remember you stuck some infected animals ass bone up your nose to try in some vain attempt to attract a mate not realizing that maybe if you would stop breathing so goddamn loudly and aggressively near them they may find you a sliver of attractive."

He burst. He was slowly being worn away of all patience and this one part luddite, one part wannabe tough guy and one part irritant was quickly eroding it away like somoene had turned the ocean on full blast against a wall of stone.

Last edited:
He can understand the tribes concern, and he honestly would've been suspicious as well if the situation was reversed, but that doesn't make this misunderstanding any less frustrating. "I know that looked incriminating, but the Ixchel wilds are mostly unexplored. The scholars with us know somethings out here, but we didn't know what exactly. It was pure coincidence that we stumbled here." He put his legs down so he's laying flat on the floor. Surprisingly not uncomfortable as fuck for him. He could swear he hears someone mouthing off in the next room. Farzad... isn't helping their case. "Also, how do we earn the sec's trust?"

• Yay