Discussion Is anyone here also part of a writer's forum?

Ranvena

Narrator
Character Biography
Link
(Just as a disclaimer: for as simple a thing as it is to type something into a search engine, my Google-fu skills suck.)

I've been searching around off and on for various outlets for my writing obsession - writing forums, collaborative writing forums (which seem to be rather dead) and roleplaying (how I landed here!), and I was just wondering if anyone on Chronicles was part of a writing forum or has had good experiences with one?

I really enjoy this community, but I've been wondering if there is a more suitable medium for writing stories versus writing interactions. So far I've had mostly negative experiences with 'critique groups', and large forums are extremely intimidating to me. So if anyone has any history with groups more geared towards larger writing projects, I'd love to hear about it!

I am in a writing discord server started by Harrier that has a good group of folks dedicated to writing stories both short and long. Lots of good resources and support there. Feel free to hit me up on Discord and I can get you an invite.

• Yay
Reactions: Ranvena
Old thread, but I have a couple resources in this area I could share!

For strictly writing:
^A good place for traditional writing. There's a lot of resources for self-publishing and critique as well as other brainstorming and collaborative works. Very lively, very active and full of very serious folks.

For RP/Play-by-Post:
^Large community for roleplayers that has the unique feature of being able to create profile pages for your characters. Has a lot of community events and a dedicated staff with fun little features.

^Another pretty sizable community that has a lot of NaNoWriMo participation as well as a thriving RP community. They had a spooky story writing competition during October, for example.

• Bless
Reactions: Ranvena