Open Chronicles Introductory Lessons at The College of Eternum

A roleplay open for anyone to join

TTamark

Steve Will's son
Character Biography
Link
Steve was so exited of course some lessons had been given to members of the Eternum long before there was a college. Heck there had been lessons before they had even gotten on the boats that token them to their new home, back during the great exodus. But this, This was the big leagues. Finally they were able to accept those desiring to learn from all over Arethil into their beautifully constructed college. Steve suspected that the only one who might be more excited for the college, and library next to it, than himself was Amankh. Speaking of which Steve should probably bring some of the books he had stolen from the library back before anyone noticed, but it was so hard! Sneaking a book out is easy you just see a cool book and swipe it, but bringing it back... it is a lot harder to sneak a multiple piles larger than yourself back in.

Absentmindedly Steve started to tuck one of the textbooks he was placing on all the desks into his robe before noticing what he was doing. Pfft. He already had read through it, heck, he had written a good bit of it. Steve quickly finished placing the books in all the spots, and returned to give his cauldron of potato stew a stir. Steve hummed softly to himself as he thought. This was going to be just absolutely amazing! Soon everyone will see that the Eternum are pretty alright dudes, and it is wrong to hate people just because they like to reanimate the dead, and then everyone and all their friends can live together forever and ever, and no one will ever want to go to war again because why fight, kill, and die when you can live for forever with your friends and be happy all the time!

Finally Wilbur, the lazy pig that he was, decided to reanimate and crawl out of the stew. Steve gave him a look to which Wilbur simply replied with a snort. Steve suddenly realized how much liquid was dripping off his pig. He quickly scanned around looking for a way to remedy the situation. The wooden podium upon which the lecture was supposed to give place did have a small flag upon its front, but Steve did not really know how to detach it, and he couldn't really drag the whole thing over. The desk next to it was covered in books, scrolls, and loose papers... naw Amankh would not like it if he ruined those. There were also the supplies for the class over there. But those were for the class, and he would never forgive himself if he ruined the first day with the prospective students. Desperately his eyes scanned the rows on rows of desks, and chairs for the students. But they simply had the books, scrolls, and potato that he himself had just laid out for them.

"Ah, Fr*ck!"

Steve did the only thing he could have, clean it up with his giant robe, besides you know being a mage for like literally two seconds and cleaning it up with his magic. Steve then handed Wilbur a potato and told him to scrub the floor till it shone like Amankh's head. Steve put his robe back on cussing.

"H*ck! It is as cold as Sathirena's eyes. I am so glad she made it back safely from Amol-Kalit, the Eternum needs every good soul it can get!"

The Archmage of the Eternum deftly navigated the labyrinthine halls and passageways that made up the Eternal College, the crowds of students both living and dead parting at the sight of the imposing mummy, whom they had all grown to know quite well as a result of their tutelage under him.

As he moved past his students, he greeted them with a curt nod before swiftly stepping past—he didn't have time for delays, no matter how much he enjoyed a continued discussion with his pupils beyond the confines of the lecture hall. No, certainly not today, for he had a far more exciting event to partake in.

The mere thought of it excited Amankh terribly; The College of Eternum would at long last be opening its grand doors to the outside world, allowing any prospective students to attend a lecture given at the academy in the hopes of persuading them to attend full-time. Mages and scholars from across Arethil, young and old, living and dead—and he would be the one to teach them, to impart the vast swathes of knowledge he had amassed upon their minds and mold them into better versions of themselves, as he did to the young Abtati all those millennia ago. The College was his pride and joy, and to see it become a place of worldly knowledge and understanding...

Oh, how could the mere thought of such a thing not excite anyone down to their very soul?

The doors to the lecture hall creaked open, a wave of cold air entering the room as it did so. Amankh stepped between the chairs and desks, navigating towards the front of the room before his gaze landed upon Steve.

"Ah, Steve, it's good to see you," Amankh greeted, a strange warmth in his voice as he idly set about rearranging papers and checking over scrolls before the first few students arrived. "I believe I saw a few of our new arrivals just beyond the College, they should begin coming in soon. To think, they will be the first among those beyond the Eternum to attend, learning unfathomable history and magic! Does that not excite you?"

It was at this moment that the undead mummy, at last, turned his gaze upward and fully took in his companion, instantly noting the robes drenched in some kind of liquid. "Is that potato stew? Why is there eve—Nevermind, at this point I shouldn't even question why there's potato stew." He waved his hand through the air, brief trails of magic floating off his fingers, as the stew began to seep from Steve's robes and vanish. "There, that should leave a better impression on our students. Speaking of which, I certainly hope they haven't gotten themselves lost..."

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Becca La Croix
It'll be another ten years before Becca will undergo another series of exams for her to be a Maester of the second order but that didn't mean that she couldn't start taking her electives the moment she became a Maester of the First Order. One of the requirements to be eligible for promotion was to take at least a class relating to the undead. Even though necromancy wasn't Becca's cup of tea, she admitted to taking an interest in the subject when she first came to the College of Elbion. After all, Becca did use Voodoo magic to bring Franklin to life as part of her project and the schools of magic were related to another. Besides, Becca was one to get stuff done as quickly and efficiently as possible. There was so much to learn and Becca wanted to make sure that she could absorb as much as possible

The required book around her arm, Becca entered the classroom and sat in the front row. Eyes lazily gazing at a Mummy conversing with who seemed to be a fellow student. She had to admit, being taught by a Mummy piqued Becca's interest which was why she choose this class. It was very rare to have one who was sentient. She wondered if the Foard of Maesters got a chance to study him, converse with the Mummy about his long life. There were so many important arts and magic lost to time or just pure paranoia. What the world could gleam from someone like this Mummy. Which was probably why he got this position. "I take it that you know this man Professor Kaltar?" Becca asked her gaze still locked on the pair.

The young woman then got up walking over to the Professor and held out her hand. "My name is Becca La Corix," she said her tone unwavering. "Maester of the First Order, It is an honor to see someone who has lived a long life and possibly seen long lost societies and magic. There is so many questions that I want to ask, I certainly the Foard granted you a long term stay here."

Amankh Kaltar TTamark

Maton loves learning new things. The way he sees magic is different. He sees every spell as a puzzle made up of many pieces of all shapes and sizes and his job was to mix and match to create the intended effect of the caster. He was eager to learn anything even though his expectations were of something more magic oriented. He had of course studied under many teachers and even ones he ended up outclassing even before studying under them but he knew how to respect and listen to anyone that even had one thing to give to him.

He entered the class in his armour bearing his normal gear of a longsword in its sheath and a shiel tied to his side for faster acess and for an easier job carrying it around. It was an odd sight for someone in armour to just enter into a classroom fully armed. He was not about to let himself be at rist though. Given his line of work he doesnt have the leasure to walk anywhere unarmed.

Though the sight of Maton was unusual for the circumstances and he probably got quite a few odd looks he walked up to one of teh seats and seated himself. "Don't worry about the armour and arms. I just feel naked without them" he said in a casual business as usual tone. He stretched a little on his seat and then realised he hadn't introduced himself. He quickly stood up looked at the people in the room and said "I am Maton Kaiju, here to learn a few more things about magic. I would ask of you and the rest of my co-students to not take the way I look to mean that I am not proficient in the use of magic. Glad to meet all of you" His tone was overly professional but it was nothing out of the ordinary for him. He needed to get a feel for the other people before being more casual.

Steve looked on over to Becca as she asked her question, though it was not directed at him, as he was the topic, and knew the answer he immediately responded with,

"Know him? I am his best friend in the whole world! BFF's if you will"

The young woman then got up walking over to the Professor and held out her hand. "My name is Becca La Corix," she said her tone unwavering. "Maester of the First Order, It is an honor to see someone who has lived a long life and possibly seen long lost societies and magic. There is so many questions that I want to ask, I certainly the Foard granted you a long term stay here."

As she introduced herself he grew slightly more serous,

"A Maester, eh? I take it you are a fellow mage from Elbion in that case, and a maester no less that is an impressive feat.

So if you don't mind my asking: are you visiting us today for business, or pleasure?"

Steve listened for the answer, but turned his head as Maton gave his introduction. He respected the enthusiasm, and that he didn't mind standing out. He chuckled as he looked over the rest of the class before turning to Amankh,

"So do you want to start this off, or shall I?"

The decrepit skeleton cast his gaze over to the source of the sudden question, though was unable to provide a response before one was eagerly given by Steve himself. A low chuckle emanated from Amankh, one of subtle amusement and exasperation all the same. He faltered slightly as he considered correcting Steve's response before deciding to simply ignore it and provide an answer of his own. "Indeed I do, Steve is a fellow founder of the Eternum and will be assisting with the course's lessons. He is a skilled necromancer, however unorthodox his methods may be."

As the woman introduced herself, a skeletal hand rose from Amankh's cloak and grasped hers to shake it. "It is my understanding that a Maester is quite a prestigious position within Elbion's college, it is a pleasure to meet one of your esteem." At the mention of being provided a long term stay by the Foard, he corrected, "Given my status as Archmage within the Eternum and the founder of the Eternal College, I can assure you my stay here will be quite sustained."

Another student made themselves known with an introduction, whose choice of garb—armor and arms, rather than robes and spellbooks—made him stand out amongst the gathering group of students. "Any person willing to make the effort to deepen their understanding of magic is welcome within our halls, Mr. Kaiju."

Amankh returned his gaze to Steve, answering, "I see no issue in letting you take the reigns for the start of our class, they could stand to learn a great many things from a necromancer such as yourself. I'll provide my insight and thoughts when applicable." The skeletal archmage moved to his desk at the front of the room, taking a seat as he gestured from Steve towards the class to begin.

By now, the many rows of desks before them had filled with a variety of characters and students—the majority still remained undead, glistening bone concealed under heavy college robes, though now elves, dwarves, and humans lingered among them, anxiously awaiting the experience and education only the Eternum could provide them.

Class was in session.

• Sip
Reactions: Becca La Croix