Private Tales How to Train Your Dragon Avatar

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"That isn't quite what I mean to say..." he began, regarding the "legitimacy" of the flesh he was now robed in. And indeed, as Polina's inquiring finger drew in and poked against his chest, it met with what was indeed a solid, fleshly object. Llothr's body was indeed made of flesh, bone and blood. But there was a heaviness that was against him, it flowed through their momentary touch and shared itself with Polina for that instant of connection.

Cold. Warm.

"Yes, drawn here... to you it would seem,"
he admitted, and then hesitated as his eyes looked past her and toward the door. Then, drawing in a deep breath through his nose, "this body is but a tool. I am a creature far beyond this frail flesh."

Then, almost abruptly, he reached out and placed his hand on her shoulder. Though he seemed to exert not effort at all, there were a certain set of images he felt he'd be able to convey with her - if what he thought to be true was the case. But he suspected that she was see the clear, but broken imagery he could share.

Clouds. Air. Wind.

Sunshine.

Claws. Wings.

Cold.

Darkness.

Polina

• Bless
Reactions: Polina
She gasped as the images and feelings of being taken out of her body stopped. Open-mouth and wide-eyes stared up at the very real Llothr. Blonde-tresses would shift and tickle along the skin of his tanned arm. Instead of alarming, his touch felt familair and comfortable.

Safe.

As if he'd always been there. As if she knew he'd do anything to protect her. As if she could finally live without fear and let go and fall and no matter where she was, he'd catch her. And for a moment, her connection linked back to him. He'd see a caravan getting attacked by monstrous creatures of the continent. Black slick bodies with white-jagged teeth and claws. A small, blonde-girl with her little body thrown over the body of her mother as she placed herself between one of the monsters to keep it from finishing off the person that was now bleeding out.

The scene would switch and he'd see the girl slightly older tending a garden full of herbs and plants, filling a basket as a man came out, limping with one leg.

The scene banked one more time as a nasty-woman loomed over Polina and brought palm up to slap her hard in the cheek.

Po stepped back suddenly, breaking the connection.

"You're a dragon," she breathed. Chest heaving.

• Smug
Reactions: Llothr
As Po stepped back he allowed his arm to fall loosely by his side. His head had canted somewhat one way, and it was clear that he was studying her even more closely now. Not only was he certain that she had seen what he was able to convey to her through such a means of expression, but she was able to communicate back to him. This he was certain of, for as he examined her more closely after the images he had seen, it was clear he had been shown pieces of her life, from both her perspective and also from someone very closely related - a parent, or sibling.

And in this, he was now certain of something else, and he would speak plainly, "yes. I am what you call a dragon. We've been called many things I have learned, but these creatures around us now would be the descendants of my kin...

But though these are but children in my eyes in many ways, make no mistake, they are not so different... only far more close minded than I would have them, were they any descent of mine."

Polina

• Wonder
"So you're...," voice trailed off as she stared into his face. Searching his eyes. She couldn't deny what she'd seen. Or felt from his touch. How the brush of his fingertips and close presence had bridged something between them.

And even now, even if she'd wanted to, she couldn't deny the threads she could feel beginning to tie them together.

"What...like the father of all dragons?" Arms crossed, unsure of what to do. In a way, she wished her father was here. He always knew what to do. "But...how do you...turn into a dragon? You have to realize dragons like you," she motioned up and down his muscular form. "Don't exist here."

• Thoughtful
A half smile came across his lips, and he shook his head as his eyes cast down, "no, hardly the father of all dragons," he lifted his eyes, "I do not recall brooding any young with another, but there is much of my memory that eludes me."

He began to walk further into the abode, examining little features here and there. But, while his interest outwardly appeared to be in the dwelling, in truth his mind was busy sifting through memories, and as his hand reached out the gently brush against load-bearing timbers or wooden walls it was more a representation of how he reached through his memories and examined them as he could.

"It is unlikely any of these youths are descendants of mine."

He turned to face her again, "unfortunately, it is not a matter of turning into my true self..." his eyes cast down upon his palms as he lifted his hands from his sides, and examined them, "I never chose this form... for ages I was... trapped... and then, I appeared like this. I myself... still do not fully understand."

Polina

• Thoughtful
Polina set her shoulders straight. Closing the space between them, she wrapped her arms around his larger frame. Hands rubbed up and down his back, and for a moment, she was surprised at herself for how forward she was being. And she couldn't explain it but it felt like she was hugging someone she'd known her entire life.

"We'll figure it out. Together," she breathed against him. Chin tilted up, looking into his eyes. "Maybe you were drawn here for another reason...besides me," cheeks warmed as she stepped back.

"But I have to get to work." And with that, she'd finally release him and go to step back. "I'll be back tonight. If my father comes home, please introduce yourself and try, try not to get into any trouble, okay?"

• Ctuhlu senpai
"We'll figure it out. Together..."

For some time after Polina had left to do her duty, Llothr was left alone and all the while he pondered her words. They resonated with him in a way he found to be most foreign, and yet oh so familiar at once. And, though he was somewhat apprehensive to do so, he explored the feelings that had been roused and him and sought his memory for what tied them to him.

He sat quietly with his eyes closed.

Images flashed through his mind. People, places, things he had not seen in the world he now walked. Marvels whose images were were hazy but he somehow he knew of their grandeur.

Someone.

His eyes shot open.

He looked up from where he sat to see a strange man looming over him, appearing both nervous and angry at once. Llothr was quick to throw up a hand and say, "I am a friend of Polina's, I am waiting while she works..."

Llothr told him how he'd come to the city and helped Polina with some trouble, the details of which he kept vague, which she in turn repaid by kindly showing him around. But their time had been short before her duty called, so she'd brought him here for only the time being. It took a little bit of time, but before too long the man who of course turned out to be Polina's father was satisfied with his story, and the two even began to share some stories with one another. Polina's father spoke mostly of his daughter, and how he sought a better life for her. Llothr talked about some adventures he could recall, but never hinted at the truth of himself and neither did he discuss any of the things he was capable of.

For all this man knew, Llothr was just a humble traveler.

Polina

• Bless
It wasn't until late that night that Polina finally returned. It was long after dinner. And her father bid their houseguest good night after sharing a humble meal with him. It seemed like this was status-quo and if he was worried about his daughter, it didn't show.

And for as tired as Polina was, she entered the house with not a complaint She carried a basket loaded with pastries, dried meats, cheeses, and breads. All things the palace royals complained were too old and were going to throw away. All of it was perfectly fine.

There was a reason being a servant in the palace was such a sought after position.

But Oooooo, her feet and back ached. She was ready to sit down and kick them up. Tired eyes found Llothar's as soon as she entered. "Glad to see my father didn't kill you," she said with a wobble to her lips.

• Cthuloo
Llothr turned to see her coming, and having noticed the basket she carried he rose from his seat and moved to assist her. He did so without hesitation, quite casually even, obviously having grown quite comfortable in his short time there.

"Hardly," he replied with a smile as he began to unpack the items, "in fact we seemed to get along quite well. You should rest, your father tells me you work quite hard."

The hour was late, and little more than candlelight and a few lanterns lit the girl's family abode. He had little trouble sorting through what Polina had brought, and without so much as a glance took to putting them in their proper place.

"I can see why you are content to work in the palace," he said, examining some of the food.

Polina

• Aww
"You don't have to," she began then paused and took a seat, taking off her shoes. "Thank you," she said instead as she watched him curiously. She knew he was strong, fierce, and powerful. And here he was in their house putting away groceries like he had every night for awhile.

"It's one of the most sought-after servant jobs in all of Thanasis. I was lucky to be afforded an opportunity, especially after my father's health declined from the attack. He hasn't been able to work and we were running out of what little savings we had." A shy glance to the floor. Why did admitting things that made her feel shameful seem so easy around Llothar?

A small breath.

"I have the day off tomorrow so I could show you outside the city...if you wanted to?" Perhaps they'd be able to find what he was looking for. His true form?

• Bless
"It is quite honourable that you've chosen to support your father as diligently as you have, I can tell he is not blind to your efforts," he said, placing the last of Polina's bounty in their proper spots, taking a moment with the final item to examine it, but more so contemplate the local nobility. He imagined that the luxury they were afforded was not so plentifully shared if simply serving them was of such prestige, but maybe he had it all wrong. Nevertheless, he imagined himself having a... less than friendly interaction with them, should their paths come to meet. Given Polina's closeness with them, he thought this an inevitability. Perhaps, for her sake, he could find the strength to hold his tongue in such a happenstance.

Finally finished he turned and joined her near where she sat, saying, "I would be grateful to be shown around, I foresee myself remaining her for some while..."

Unlike her, he had little hopes in finding what was the end of his current quest. He'd searched long and hard throughout many different ages, and yet what he sought continued to elude him. Despite the unusual circumstances that were unfolding with the two of them meeting, he had little reason to expect anything else of any real note.

Polina

• Aww
"He's family, it's not even a question," she said as if she didn't deserve his praise. It was what one should do. She didn't know why but she felt a sense of warmth deep in her chest as he admitted that he planned to stay for awhile. The thought that he might leave left her feeling oddly hollow.

Strange for just having met.

She assumed it had to do with the strange bond that they shared, though she was still trying to figure out what that was.

"As our honored guest, I insist that you take my room. I'll sleep out here." She motioned to the small couch that he currently perched on.

• Ctuhlu senpai
He crossed his arms. Shook his head.

"No, that will not do. I have had the luxury of resting all day, you must have your own room."

Then, in a quite clearly matter-of-fact kind of way, he dipped his chin and raised one eyebrow as if to say the discussion was over. But, the way the corner of his lip couldn't help but curl up would probably be his tell. Never the less, he was committed to what he had said and would stand by that regardless of any protest, which he did expect, but only somewhat.

"Besides, its like I said, this body of mine is not truly my own. What rest does it really need?"

Polina

• Ctuhlu senpai
Arms crossed as she looked down on him. Blonde curls shifting along her shoulders.

"If I could I would force you off that couch."

She too had a twitch to her lips even though her eyes narrowed.

"Maybe I should just lay on top of you and that would force you to move?" She only realized a little too late how that sounded. And immediately felt her pale skin heat up.

• Smug