Private Tales Honing the Edge

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Nym laughed under her breath, he had of course got a good look at her from the back when he'd picked out her dress, but she pressed her lips together into a mute smirk and looked around as he walked her through the Madrasa.. Her brow arched at his question and she smiled with a light nod "I could eat..A bath would be nice, though I've no spare clothes and I feel going to lunch naked might cause a bit of a scandal.." she laughed.

It was nice to see him chuckling like that, she felt she'd faced most aspects of the man's personality since meeting him, and she knew there were certain versions of him she'd rather not meet again. This Uvogin had most certainly caught her attention however, and she failed as badly as he did at hiding it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Halul
"It would only be us," he shrugged and flashed a sly smile at the young woman, "what is so scandalous about that? And if it is clothes you're concerned about, that can be taken care of."

He guided her to an office- his office. To one side, long, sheer curtains flowed over large lattice screens. Tied curtains hung on either side of the entrance to the balcony. It was a welcoming place, the lightly colored walls and ample sunlight made for a warm atmosphere. Behind the desk across from the office's doorway was an open doorway that led to his private quarters, a room equally as warm and welcoming as the office.

Uvogin let Nymeasha enter before him. On their way, Uvogin had ordered servants to prepare food and a bath. Soon after the pair settled in the room, servants quietly made their way in, leaving a tray of food for them to eat before entering his private quarters to prepare the bath.

• Love
Reactions: Nym
A small smirk tugged at Nym's lips and she gave the man a playful roll of her eyes.. "I suppose that's true." she mused and followed beside him.

His office hadn't been what she'd expected. He seemed a very serious man in her opinion, but his space was warm and inviting and she smiled as she looked around, fingertips trailing over his desk before making her way onto the balcony. She chose to ignore the view outside and instead turned to lean against it and keep her attention on the far better view, her fingers tapping on the stone as she smiled at him.

"Will you continue to work with me?..You have years of invaluable experience, I'd like to learn from you." she paused and cleared her throat.. "Sparring, that is..." she clarified and laughed under her breath and held his gaze, biting on her lip before she said much else.

The servants left the tray on the table next to her and she picked at a few grapes.. "I expect Medja will have some work for me soon, need to keep my fitness up or she'll turn me fat." she grinned.

• Love
Uvogin leaned against the arch that separated the office from the balcony and quietly watched as the Princess turned to face him. Nymeasha, along with Ragash's cityscape behind her, made for a beautiful view. He wore a small smile.

"Work is always good. Complacency kills." Uvogin nonchalantly shrugged, "Or something like that, anyways."

"But... of course," he approached her and took one of the grapes out of her hand before, in a tempting manner, placing it into his mouth; his gaze steadily remained locked with hers. "I do have much to teach. Sparring, among other things."

• Love
Nym's gaze narrowed, pouting lips twisting into a devious smirk as she watched him eat the grape from her hand despite the fact that there were many more on the table. His words caused her skin to heat and a slender brow to quirk. He was playing with her now. Of course they'd been playing games for a while and the attraction was clearly mutual, neither of them tried to hide it. It was inevitable, but she enjoyed the suspense..

"Oh I believe you. Perhaps you could learn one or two things from me too. I did surprise you when I took you down in less than a minute after all." she crunched the last grape with a smirk..

• Love
A wry smile pulled at the corners of his mouth. Uvogin stepped close- intrusively close- and looked down at Nymeasha.

"I wonder, what could I learn from you? You did surprise me with that. Surprise me again."

They played a subtle game up to this point, but with the privacy they shared, subtlety was out the window. Uvogin wanted the Princess, and he would have it known.

She was certain that the pounding heart in her chest had to be audible as he stepped so close to her, green eyes falling on his chest and slowly travelling up to meet his eyes again.. He was trying to make her break her composure and fall apart and it was working. He was infatuating and her legs felt weak again.
Her teeth latched on to her lower lip and she chewed gently, unable to stop the corners of her mouth curling slightly as she lifted a hand to his chest and slid it slowly upward, fingers digging slightly at the back of his neck as she pulled him down toward her until she could feel his breath on her lips.

"Captain, your bath is ready." The sound of the servant's voice stopped her and she let out a quiet huff, letting her fingertips trail back down his chest as her hand returned to her side.

"Suppose I should take that bath.." she smirked and dropped her gaze.

• Love
"Thank you, that's all." He curtly responded to the servant, somewhat annoyed that the moment had been interrupted. Uvogin hungrily gazed down at her lips, then up to her eyes. "I suppose you should. Follow me, then." He whispered and took her hand before guiding her back into the office, past the desk, and into his private quarters. In the corner of the room, a large tub was prepared. Steam rose from the water's still surface. Pleasant fragrances lingered in the air, and the curtains were drawn over the windows. The light of day barely passed through, leaving the room dimly lit.

Uvogin turned back to Nymeasha and bounced his gaze over her wrist guards and pauldron.

"Here, let me help." He whispered and smiled as he deftly unstrapped the pauldron.

• Love
Gods. The way he looked at her...Nym shot him a brief, bright smile at his words and let him guide her. Once again the room was unexpectedly inviting and she smiled to herself as the change in light perfectly matched the current mood. The scents done nothing to relax her however, she watched him as he removed her armour though it took all she had to maintain control. He’d had her a tightly wound spring that she was bound to snap, a fight she was most definitely not going to win..

She slipped the guards from her wrists and set them aside before untying the bow of her halter at the back of her neck. He could do the rest since he was so eager to help. Her jaw clenched slightly as she reached to tackle the issue of unburdening him of his shirt, trying to do so calmly despite the overwhelming urge to start tearing at his clothes to unwrap him quicker.

Her dreamy gaze wandered over his chiselled chest and arms, skipping from one tattoo to the next with a soft smile of approval despite the frantic inner monologue of a woman losing her battle for composure. She breathed out and shot a glance toward the bath. “There’s room for two..” she commented calmly, as though this was heading in any other direction.

• Love
“Seems there is...” he said, now close enough that he could feel her breathe on his lips. Uvogin subtly guided her across the room to the tub; somehow their feet didn’t tangle and they left a trail of clothes in their wake.

The scars and tattoos on his body were a testament to his life wandering from place to place, battlefield to battlefield. Most notable would be the several (though quite faint and healed) lashes across his back. As they stood by the tub, bare as the day they were born, Uvogin traced his fingers over the scars he hadn’t seen before.

“You are a beautiful woman, Nymeasha.”

• Love
Nym's lips parted slightly to let out a breath feeling his fingers trail over her scars, and her muscles quivered under his touch. She smiled at his words, her teeth latching onto her lower lip as she looked up at him. Her hand pressed to his stomach and she walked around him, trailing over his skin as she circled, admiring what she saw.

She stepped into the tub and turned to face him, reaching a hand to find the back of his neck again. That was enough playing. She pulled him toward her, drawing him in with her eyes just as fiercely and she kissed him. Softly, at first, and then with a swift gradation of intensity that made her cling to him as the only solid thing in a dizzy swaying world. Her insistent mouth parted she gave in to that pent up passion, sending wild tremors along her nerves, evoking from her sensations she had never known she was capable of feeling. With that, Nym slowly lowered herself into the tub, and drew him down her.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Popcorn
Reactions: Medja and Halul
The abrupt outburst of passion raged like an inextinguishable flame. She was warm- welcoming and safe. He knew that following her lead into the tub would be a decision he would not regret. Her kiss had been a tender greeting; with pleasantries exchanged, the pair engaged in a silent, carnal conversation.

He held her, almost desperately. As if he were starved and she was the only thing in the world that could satiate his painful hunger, he would not let her go, let this blissful moment escape.

Uvogin let Nymeasha pull him into the water. The heat of their bodies and the bath all mixed into one, and the captain melted into the Princess.

____
The pair exhausted themselves until the sun set; the moons looked down from above, the cool evening breeze that passed through curtained windows made Uvogin pull Nymeasha closer to him under the silk covers. The silence that hung between them was serene- the warmth that he felt from her presence welcoming.

He let out a long, content sigh.

Last edited:
  • Popcorn
  • Love
Reactions: Medja and Nym
The captain had most certainly not disappointed, not that she’d expected that he would. She was certain there would be a few extra bruises here and there, and it took her some time to slow her fervent breaths and calm her pounding heart.

She lay sprawled on her stomach, entangled in silk, an irrevocable curl of satisfaction on her lips. Pulled closer, she turned to face him, legs entwining and lips caressing his skin, leaving a trail of slow, gentle bites soothed by feathery kisses from his chest to his jaw.

“What do they mean?..” she sighed out eventually as her fingertips traced over a tattoo on his chest, her voice husky from exhaustion.

Last edited:
  • Love
Uvogin’s hand fell to Nymeasha’s hip and rubbed small circles there. She smelled of the bath’s fragrances with the subtle hint of sweat. As her lips fluttered from his chest to his jaw, Uvogin let out short, happy sighs.

His other hand cupped her cheek, his thumb stroked her cheek.

“Most of them represent a mercenary company. Before I met Gerra, all I ever did was bounce from one battlefield to another.” He took his hand from her cheek and nodded to his wrist. There was a small, angular trident tattooed there. “Almost every slave from Cerak would have this brand. I hated it. These others on my body also serve to... distract from the brand.”

• Love
Nym leaned into his hand as her eyes continued to wander the artwork inked on his chest and arms, fingertips tracing each one with curiosity whilst she listened to the soothing tones of his voice. She couldn't recall a time she'd felt more relaxed than she did right now, and she sighed deeply and lifted her gaze to admire his face again.

Her brow furrowed briefly over the trident tattoo and she reached to take his wrist and press a pillowy kiss against the brand.. "You wouldn't be who you are today without it. You've gone from being a slave, to Captain of the Emperor's Immortals, Uvogin. You should wear it with pride as you do the others, it shows nothing but strength." she smiled at him and laced her fingers between his.

As a Princess of Salitra, Nym could never be marked in such a way. They were used to mark slaves, pirates and thieves, not royals. But her father wasn't here anymore. Her brow quirked "Could you mark my skin like that?.." she asked, propping herself up onto her elbow.

Last edited:
  • Love
“I marked you plenty,” he teased and slightly sat up, “I can do something small... are you sure?”

As he gazed into her deep green eyes, he found himself lost in them. She was stunning with her lithe figure, sun-kissed skin, and those eyes. If he weren’t so spent, he would have taken her again.

“I can manage something. Probably.”

"Yes you did..." she answered, her cheeks dimpling as her face lit with a warm smile in amusement. As he sat up a little she rolled over on top of him, sheets wrapped around her hips as she straddled his waist and looked down at him. "But I'd like you to mark me a little more permanently." she mused and bit down on her lip, clearly quite excited by the prospect.

"But what though?.." her head tilted in thought. Nym's hands rested on his stomach, fingers curling to scratch gently at the skin, and her lips curled mischievously as she realised she'd already left a few claw marks on his sides, adding to the cut she'd left on his cheek in training.. "Seems I marked you too." her brow quirked.

As she shifted over his lap, Uvogin sat up. Not quite liking the distance between them, he leaned towards her and softly kissed the base of her neck, collarbones, and chest. His lips fluttered over her skin. Her smell and touch was electrifying, arousing.

“You could’ve been rougher,” he whispered into her neck and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close. Uvogin kissed under her jaw. Hair rose on his neck and a shiver rolled up his back as he considered her words.

Permanently marking her? He was tired, but excitement grew in him again.

“Do you like snakes?” He asked.

• Love
Nym gave a soft, sighed moan as his lips peppered her caramel skin with sensual kisses and she let her head fall back, closing her eyes with a brief frown in appreciation. She reached a hand to let her fingers curl into his hair, holding it as though afraid he might stop.

At his teasing she tightened her grip and pulled. “That so?” She grinned and groaned quietly at the kiss to her jaw and looked down at him to smile at his question. She’d been called her father’s viper by many and it’d been a name she’d felt somewhat proud of , and so she nodded “Who doesn’t like snakes?” Her brow rose and she took hold of his hand to slide it under the silk sheets to press it against the outside of her thigh.. “Right here..”

Last edited:
  • Love
Uvogin closed his eyes and continued to deliver gentle kisses all over the Princess’s neck and chest. When she guided his hand over her thigh, he softly hummed into her shoulder.

“I can do it,” he mumbled, “but later. Lay with me. It gets cold at night.”

He laid back down and pulled her with him.

Last edited:
  • Love
That deep, smooth voice that possessed his cords sent nerves dancing up her spine as the words vibrated against her skin. Kisses sent her mind into an uncontrolled, captivated spiral and every touch of his lips lingered, branding her soul with a simple mark of infatuation. Every tempered word he spoke invaded her mind, like ivy tendrils seeking any point of weakness to enter; they wrapped her body in a blanket of comfort and consumed in the heat of lust.

Nym slipped to his side and pressed close to him to rest her head against his chest, draping her arm across him. She'd never physically slept next to anyone. Any man she'd been with had seen to her needs and had been sent away, but she was no longer under her father's roof, and she didn't want to leave. She nuzzled against the firm muscly pillow of his chest and her eyes closed with a soft, contented sigh.

• Love
A hand rested atop Nymeasha’s head. Her warmth, more so than any other woman before, was a welcome thing. Was it because of their similarities? Or was the scent of lavender mixed with the faintest traces of sweat playing tricks on him?

Who cares? Her presence, the way the shape of her body fit perfectly into his was blissful.

Finally, the captain’s eyelids grew heavy and he fell into a deep, peaceful slumber.

Last edited:
  • Love
Comfort was entirely foreign to her. Such tender touches and the soothing sound of his deep breaths made for a peaceful sleep. He kept her warm against the cruel, cold breeze that swept in from the desert and she felt protected in the cage that his strong arms formed around her petite frame. The world melted away, and no matter when the end came, it would be too soon.

She awoke as she always did with the coppery hues of sunrise pouring in to the room and settling on her face. She looked up, still curled against the Captain’s chest, and reached a hand to run her fingers through his wavy hair with a small, sleepy smile.

Last edited:
  • Love
What kind of face did the terrifying Uvogin Hill wear in his sleep? Was it his ever-stern, stoic facade? Or was it something more... human?

He always wondered.

As lithe fingers combed through his dark locks, his eyes alarmingly fluttered open. They darted around in a panic, a fleeting moment of instinctual fear. No, there was nothing to fear. As he realized this, as his eyes settled on Nymeasha's soft, delicate features, he let out a soft sigh and smiled.

"Good morning."

Last edited:
  • Love
He was nothing like the terrifying man she'd first been introduced to, not to her, not anymore. He seemed peaceful and calm despite his trauma and the things he'd done, like he didn't lose a wink of sleep over it. In fact he seemed almost delicate. As he opened his eyes she saw that fear, just for a second, that edginess that came hand in hand with who they were and yet it was always so well masqueraded. She smiled warmly as he calmed and her fingers continued to lose themselves in his hair for a moment longer.

"Good morning." she whispered back, her voice gritty with sleep. She'd slept exceptionally well, and she didn't feel ready to get herself up though she knew she should tear herself away before he became an addiction, now she'd had a taste.. "I should go." she sighed and pressed a kiss to his shoulder..

• Cry