Open Chronicles Hidden In Plain Sight

A roleplay open for anyone to join
"You worked for a King?" Amelia asked, her eyes widening. Now that was impressive. She never got tired of listening to stories about adventures. She heard something behind her and glanced back just in time to see Aine make a run for the door. Did something happen when she wasn't looking? Finnick was still around, judging by the still lovely playing.

"Great job Amelia, you try to make a friend, and end up being at least half responsible for her having a terrible evening." She berated herself in every way she could think of. Fortunately Anubis's next question distracted her. "Hm?"

She stared at Anubis for a few seconds, this had to be a trick question, he was either much younger or much older than he looked. She just had to guess which one. "C'mon, you live with century-old elves, you can figure this out." She bit her lip, not able to gather much from his appearance, not with him telling her that her obvious guesses would be wrong. "Uh, are you in your thirties?"

Probably wrong, but that's the best she can manage right now.

She glanced over at the bar, thinking about what to do about Aine when she noticed people were starting to retire to their rooms. Great, another thing for her to worry about. Her face brightened when a brilliant idea came to mind. Something that could solve both the room issue and help her smooth things over with Aine.

Amelia turned back to Anubis and smiled. "Hey, mind if we walk and talk for a bit? I need to rent a couple of rooms, for me and my friend." She nodded in the direction of the innkeeper.

Since Aine mentioned that she was looking for an inn, she must need to spend the night in town. Which means all she has to do is rent a couple of rooms, one for herself and another for Aine. She had plenty of coin from making the sale, so it was no issue for her.

Even if Aine refused the charity, all she'd have to do is reimburse her for the cost and she'll still have helped Aine in some small way. It was brilliant!

(Sorry if I'm wrong about this. But since Finnick's last post said that his character disappeared into the crowd, I'm assuming that makes it my turn.)

Aineflynn Anubis Finnick

" no not even close, I'm twenty-two," He says while getting up. " I'm ok with going for a walk, it's getting cramped in here," He picks up his bag and slings it over his shoulder. He takes one last dring and holds his arm out to Amelia.

" And yes, I've worked for multiple kings, can't you tell with my charming personality," He jokes and gives a charming smile. The tavern was filling up with people quickly the chanting and singing grew louder. He slide one of his hands into his pocket and stood waiting for her to take his arm.

The abundance of all aspects of the fun life continued within the Inn. Finnick's playing would not only pleasure the ears of those who listened to it outside, but it seemed to squeeze within cracks to find its way to delight living beings that resided outside.

Aine, of course, couldn't escape the music, and it wasn't as if she hated it. On the contrary, she liked it. It was lovely and played well, and it reminded her of her introverted and Finnick and the know it, which seemed to invade thoughts and souls.

If she honestly sat down and thought about his words and stopped being so stubborn, she could see he had some truth to his words, but telling him that or letting him see that made her feel sick; pride had a way of doing that to people. Aine took in a deep breath of the crisp air and moved further to a spot in what seemed to be an abandoned corner of the garden. The dirt there looked dead and forgotten, which was perfect for her.

She seated herself down to control the inner cyclone. Aine didn't want to feel this way, nor did she want her new companion to have any random effects from her foul mood. A repeated number of deep, calming hails and exhales began to help Aine.

Soon she would begin to feel better and not the oger from before. A sweet note caught her attention, making her look back to the Inn. Aine had to admit he was talented, which showed with each pluck of the strings. A narrowing of her eyes showed the veg around her that Aine had reluctantly surrendered to the thought that perhaps she might be wrong about Finnick's nature. The Cherub was incorrect to think that Finnick saw her in a unique light, mentally, making her feel a little better than she had won at least a battle.

Aine got back up to her feet and decided to roam the medium-sized garden as an excuse to avoid the crowd inside.

(Your fine, don't worry about it.)

"Hey, I said you were in your thirties, I was not way off," Amelia protested lightheartedly. She took Anubis' arm (people in this town were all so nice!) and walked over to the counter with him. She giggled. "And it's your fault, you're the one who misled me by saying people assumed you were in your fifties or forties."

She stared at him for a second when he said he worked for multiple kings. Is, this someone she should've heard of before? Because he must be really famous if kings would speak with him. She let go of his arm when they reached and counter and stepped up to speak to the innkeeper. "Hi! I'd like to rent a couple of rooms for the night!"

The innkeeper raised an eyebrow, probably wondering why a single girl would need two rooms. Not that he was going to complain. "Twelve coin."

Right, the money, luckily she'd made a big sale. Amelia dug into her purse and drew out the necessary coins, pouring them all on the counter. She threw in an earnest smile for good measure.

The innkeeper clapped his hand over the coins and dragged them toward him. While with his other hand he dug into a drawer and held out a pair of keys.

"Thank you!" Amelia said as she took them from the innkeeper. Now all she had to do is get one of them out to Aine, who, as far as she knew, was still outside. Then again, she didn't want to leave during a song she asked Finnick to play, that would be a kind of rude...

She slowly glanced up at Anubis, an idea coming to mind. She could trust him with a tiny errand right, he worked for kings after all. She held out one of the keys and smiled sweetly. "Hey so, could you please do me one tiny little favor? I'm here with a new friend of mine. Maybe you saw her, brown hair, golden eyes, really pretty? This key's for her, could you please give it to her? She's should be just outside."

Aineflynn Anubis Finnick

"sure, I'll be right back," He takes the key and starts walking to the back door. He moves through the crowd and to the door. He opens it and walks out to the garden. He see's her and starts walking over twirling the key in his hand.

He walks up to aine, " Hi my names Anubis, your friend Amelia asked me to bring this Inn key to you," He says hand holds the key out to her. He watches her for a moment and smiles. He runs his other hand through his hair to reveal his hazal, amber eyes.

( Well I firmly believe in karma, when you do good things good things come back to you ^^)

The sound of someone walking on broken glass caught her attention. He glanced up from her standing position toward the intrusive noise coming from her left, and before taking one step to investigate, there stood the fellow Amelia had been conversing inside.

One lush eyebrow raised from Aine's confused expression. When the fellow spoke, her expression changed just as steadily as the seasons do. Though, it wouldn't matter how she looked at the moment; Aine hides her features within her hood's safety. Aine made a subtle nod to Anubis as he introduced himself, and then a sudden rush of shock flooded her body as he held out a key to her.

Amelia did what? Oh how, the guilt twisted her stomach like a sailor's knot. What Amelia had done was her way of feeling she had done something wrong, and the only reason Amelia would feel this way was because of how Aine had let her vexed manner take the lead.

She had to fix this; not taking the key would be an insult and would only hurt matters; accepting was the only option as she could then speak to Amelia and explain things.

Aine took the key from Anubis's hand.

".A pleasure tae meit ye Anubis, Mah name's Awyne, thenk ye fur bein' th' messenger, an' if ye wooldnae min', coods ye please teel amelia i'll be in shortly tae propertly thenk 'er, Ah jist needed some air." Aine replied, hoping he understood that she was thankful to Amelia and that she would feel better in telling Amelia that than having him do it.

(my turn to apologize for being so late to the party, I had or instead have become ill, but I'm on the mend, so I should be able to get back into the swing soon. sorry again guys )

Amelia smiled gratefully when Anubis took the key. "Thank you!" she called after him. Such a nice person. Now all she could do is wait and hope her gesture helped smooth things over with Aine. She stepped away from the bar and a bit closer to Finnick's music, swaying back and forth to the tune.

The crowd had continued to thin as other patrons continued to turn in for the night. Hopefully, her new friend would feel more at ease that way. And she could hear things clearly now too!

Aineflynn Anubis Finnick

(No problem. I hope you feel better soon.)
(Oh, and Finnick. If you want me to stop tagging you in this, let me know. Through PM or otherwise.)

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Aineflynn
" no problem ma'am," He started to walk back into the tavern and went to Amelia. " I'm back, she took the key and wanted me to tell you thank you," He says tapping his foot to the music. "would you care for a dance," HE asks a few minutes later holding out his hand

More people were leaving and tables were starting to get cleared of dishes and wiped down. The people at the counter were finishing with the remaining customers.

(no problem,)

Once' Aine gathered her thoughts, she headed back into the establishment, taking slow deep breaths to calm the nerves. She wasn't good at this, having spent most of her time alone and keeping it that way, causing her disfunction in social graces. Aine quietly crossed corridors and peeked within the tavern to find that Amelia was still preoccupied with Anubis. Not wanting to get in the way, she quickly made her exit unseen, turned on her heels, and headed straight for her room to await her companion.

It was only fair that Amelia had her fun; after all, she had a part in ruining some of Amelia's day; she didn't want to do so further.

Aine entered her chamber as swiftly and quietly as a house mouse shutting her door, locking it from the inside.

(again, my apologies, rl chaos and work have me very distracted, please, please go ahead and skip me and have fun, I'll join in as soon as I can.)

Amelia smiled when she saw Anubis return, offering a small wave in greeting. Trying to hide how anxious she was to hear about Aine's response. "Please God let her have taken it well..." She let out a breath when he spoke up, answering her unspoken question. "Thanks, I was a little worried. I'm pretty sure I ruined her night, so, it was the least I could do."

Her gesture had gone over okay, that was a good sign, wasn't it? Yeah, surely that helped smooth things over with her new friend.

She glanced at Anubis' hand and smiled again. "Oh, sure! I'd love to." She slipped her hand into his, her smile turning sheepish. "Fair warning though, I have two left feet."

Aineflynn Anubis Finnick

(No worries!)

Last edited:
" no problem," He says starting to dance with her. HE slowly sways back and forth to the music, "you're not too bad," he says smiling and dancing. He slowly dances with her taking care not to step on her feet. He lightly hums to the song while they dance and places his hand on her waist. He slowly moves to the beat with Amelia as the crowds thin.

Amelia spent the first minute or so of the dance staring intently at her feet to make sure she didn't step on Anubis' toes. Until she realized that was rude and snapped her gaze back up to him, smiling awkwardly. "Heh, you don't have to lie. I know I'm not that good."

She cleared her throat, searching for a topic of conversation. "You said that you're an adventurer right, what's that like?" she asked, a spark of interest in her eyes.

Anubis Aineflynn Finnick

• Yay
Reactions: Anubis
" Well I do a bit and it's really cool, last year I found a place where the lake reflected the stars and at night it was beautiful, it isn't too far from here now that I think about it," He says. " And why would I lie to an amazing girl like you," He complements here.

He smiles charmingly and moves with her not missing a single beat.

• Yay
Reactions: Amelia Rowe
Amelia tried to imagine the scene as he described it. The closest comparison she could make was to the sea back in her home village, but the waters were always too choppy to see the stars. "It sounds beautiful," she said, lost in her imagination.

If his compliment was anything other than friendly she failed to pick up on it. "I don't know, why do people lie in general?" She shrugged. After a few seconds, she blinked. "Oh, that was a compliment wasn't it?"

Anubis Aineflynn Finnick

• Yay
" Probably yes," He chuckles and stops dancing as the music stops. " so are you doing anything tomorrow," he asks smiling. "I would love to take you and your friend to breakfast or lunch," He asks. He watches her as he lifts his bag onto his shoulder. He waits and watches the other people leave except a few stranglers.

"what time would you guys be available," he asks smiling.

• Yay
Reactions: Amelia Rowe
Amelia took a step back when the music came to an end. "I'm not really sure." She scratched the back of her head. Eventually, she'd have to make her way back to Alliria, but she could afford to tarry a day or two if it meant spending time with her new friends. "I'll have to talk to Aine, I'm not sure what her plans are. But I'll extend the invitation!"

She looked around and saw that the tavern had grown quiet, only now realizing how tired she herself felt. Which probably meant she should get some sleep. She looked back and smiled tiredly. "I better head up to my room for the night. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

She offered a final wave before making her way toward the stairs. Hopefully, she could catch Aine before she went to bed.

Aineflynn Anubis Finnick

• Yay
He nodded goodbye and head up to his room. He cleaned up and changed and went to bed under the warm covers of the bed. The night was quiet except for the birds and the wanders outside. an occasional sound of doors opening and closing.

It started raining as the moon slowly rose to shine through the clouds casting an eerie glow all around the town.