Open Chronicles From the Slums

A roleplay open for anyone to join
"I know about the tunnels." Kellen said with a smile, though he did not elaborate any further as to why or how.

The other piece of information was new to him though.

Family was always leverage. Even the men who did not personally care for their sons and daughters tended to go after them simply for appearances sake. One could hardly afford to ignore their heir, especially if that heir was considered to be innocent and polished by their peers.

It was a weird thing with nobles. Sometimes the value of a person was not what they could do, not that they were a person but just the fact of their place in the family.

Kellen couldn't help but feel disgust. "That will work."

He said quietly, glancing at him.

"I assume she is in the home?" Breaking into a General's house would present some challenges, but he could make it work.

• Yay
Reactions: Kolvar Vayra
"At this moment?" Kolvar started, "I can't be sure. But I do know she will be at night. She has a curfew."

He'd started to pace, thinking of every possible detail that could interfere with their budding plan, "It's better to go through with this at night. For one, that's when I'm sure she'll be at home, but there are less guards on duty at night. These guards are more skillfully trained, but easier to sneak past."

Kolvar sorted out what he knew about the General, "The General will most likely bring backup when he finds out his daughter is gone. The man is insane, but he's not stupid. Once he gets where we want him, we'll have to separate him from his guards."

The more Kolvar though, the more the plan was starting to make sense. This crazy scheme could actually work and then he'd disappear. He could start over.

"So...," he finally stood still, "Now I suppose we wait until nightfall?"

• Yay
Reactions: Naghi
Guards wouldn't be a problem, not really. There were enough people in Vel Anir who hated the ruling class that gathering up a few locals wouldn't be much of an issue. Of course once they were there he and Kolvar would have to be sure to separate them from the General.

Mostly because he wanted his new friend to have the kill rather than any of them. "Does the General have access to any Dreadlords?"

Kellen knew that most of the Dreadlords held their loyalty to individual Great Houses. There was something about their training that made them swear to a particular House, but he was also vaguely aware that technically they served the greater Anirian Guard in some way.

Would the General have enough pull to heed one when needed?

He didn't doubt it.

• Yay
Reactions: Kolvar Vayra
The Dreadlords... Kolvar wasn't sure who had access to who. He didn't encounter Dreadlords very often either.

"I'm not entirely sure," he said, "But there is a good chance he does. He must have tons of connections others are unaware of."

Kolvar had always feared the Dreadlords. He'd met a few in his many years in the alley. Those were memories he didn't want to dig up. Typically they minded their business, but others were power hungry and needed to stroke their ego. With the way that both the General and the Dreadlords were loyal to their established houses, the two must have been connected in some way.

"I'm sure he will find a way to bring them into this.I can't be sure what will happen to us if a Dreadlord were to show up," Kolvar continued.

He didn't want to have to fight a Dreadlord. They were one of the reasons he was so scared to leave.

"Let's just get this over with."

• Yay
Reactions: Naghi
"I wouldn't worry about it." He told Kolvar coldly.

Dreadlords were the battlemages of Vel Anir, deadly, effective, and completely determined to do as they were told.

They were also the most effective people to leech power from. He'd only managed to do so with a Dreadlord once, but the magic leeched away from the man had been able to fuel him for days. If one was brought with the General...it would certainly make things easier.

At least more explosive.

"Come on then." He told Kolvar. "I'll send out a message."

Mostly so they wouldn't get themselves cornered and killed. "You and I will kick things off."

A confident nod followed by a smile. They had a plan.

What could possibly go wrong?