Private Tales From Blood to Booze

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
He would shrug. "Well.. ya either want it, or ya don't." He bit back a laugh at her mediocre attempt. But hey, at least she was trying. He would even grace her with a response.

"Oooh.. my heart. I don't think I will ever recover financially from this attack on my life." He teased. "Trust me, everything i drink is tasty. And that flask will never empty."

Ryan Ashford

Ryan rolled her eyes at his response.

And then his words stopped her short as she looked at the flask in her hand.

"Did you just say that this flask will never run out of alcohol?" She took another drink then held it out to him.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

"Why yes I did." He would respond before taking the flask back and taking a very long drink from it. "One of the few items I have from my father."

He would offer the flask back to her. "I don't mean to alarm you at all but what we're drinking has been distilled a little bit with basilisk venom. Real tiny amount. Thats what causes the hallucinations."

Ryan Ashford

Ryan was half way to her lips with the flask when Drast shared the news that there was basilisk venom in it. She opened her mouth to say something profound or, perhaps, to chastise him. Nothing came out though. Ryan just shrugged and took another drink from the flask. A sober Ryan probably would have realized that was a terrible idea but this Ryan was not sober.

"You say that's what causes the hallucinations like it is totally normal. It is not normal," she said and passed the flask back to him. "It is nice to know I am not the only secret alcoholic here though."

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

He watched her digest the information with as little care in the world as he had when he found out. At the time, he was sober and didn't care. She.. was sober adjacent. So far, they could hang. This was acceptable to say the least.

"Wait.. its not? People don't take poison to just.. ya know, see some shit?" He was bewildered. He would take a sip from the flask and pass it back.

Ryan Ashford

"They most definitely do not," Ryan chuckled and took another drink from the glorious never ending flask. "This shit is dangerous and not just because of the supposed hallucinations. Never ending flask...whew...my liver may revolt!" Maybe she would drink too much and fall over the loft railing to her death. No, that would be an embarrassing death. She wasn't really about humiliation.

"Anyways..." Her head was starting to feel lighter than it had in quite a while. This was going to be a good night. Maybe she would just stay up here until she died of alcohol poisoning.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

Drast was surprised- nay shook. How else were they supposed to drink and hallucinate?!?! The two things went hand in hand and should almost have been purely exclusive to each other. "Pfft... its only slight poisoning.. and never ending goodness. Like.. how could you justify not having one of these?" He would ask bewildered.

He shrugged as she started to change subject then seemed to not? "Anyways?" He would repeat, as if waiting for her to continue.

Ryan Ashford

Ryan's eyes snapped back up to his as he returned her own words to as a question. She had been lulled off into the thoughts she drank so much to forget. The thoughts of what she had done in her life. Of the murders. The torture. Wanting to end her life multiple times. Being called weak for it. She just looked down and shook her head gently.

"Sorry, I got distracted by my thoughts," she told Drast with a small, pained smile.

"I saw your tattoos on our mission together but what do they all mean?"

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

He would give her a look. But it wasn't just any look. It was a look of understanding. He had many regrets of his own, even if he didn't show it. The violence, however, was not party to those regrets. "Yeah, I get that."

He would return the smile before looking down at his tattoos. "Memories, mostly. Some of them are actually runes. Its on my chest, but I have a memorial for my father."

Ryan Ashford

No. Do not ask. No. Ryan! No.

"Can I...see it?" Can you take your shirt off was the real question there. Yes, she had seen him without a shirt but they had been around other people. This was different. She wanted to see it here because the ones on his arms had started to move and she was mesmerized by them.

She took the flask and took a drink. The liquid burned and felt so good at the same time.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

Drast would offer a shrug. "Sure." He was never one to shy away from stripping, he was always proud of his body and even more than that, some might think he was eager to strip. They might have been right.

Drast would strip his training vest before pulling his shirt up and over his head and discarding it to the side. He would twist towards her, bringing the scarred left side of his torso into a clearer view.

There on the center of his chest was his only colored tattoo. A silver knight with golden streaks across the armor and accented at key areas. The golden wings on the helm extended to be angelic wings surrounding the knight. "He was the greatest man I've ever known. He wanted us to put the people first... that lesson fell short for me..."

Ryan Ashford

Ryan watched as Drast pulled his shirt over his head. She moved closer to him and held out a hand to touch the beautiful tattoo of the knight. In her opinion, it was the best one she had seen. The ways the wings slowly flapped in the wind was really cool. She was not sure how someone could get tattoos to move but his did.

"Is the movement some kind of magic?" She asked as her finger trailed along the wings and over his chest. Obviously her brain had forgotten about his aforementioned hallucinations.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

It wasnt lost on him, her moving closer. Nor was it lost on him that she had forgotten the hallucinations. But what kinda guy would bring that up at a time like this. So he let her have her moment.

Nor did he mind her touching the tattoo and the body it was attached to. "Oh yeah.. pure basilisk magic." He would say with a light laugh. He had built up some tolerance to the drink, so it would be a bit until he caught up to her.

Ryan Ashford

The mention of the basilisk venom reminded her of his warning. She let out a soft chuckle and sat back from Drast. "Right, hallucinations. I forgot," Ryan smiled at him with sheepish grin.

The Initiate closed her eyes and lost her balance. She tipped back and ended to laying on her back on the loft floor. She realized she couldn't drink from this position and grumbled. She was comfy though.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

"Yeah, hallucinations." He replied with a smirk. "Drunkass." He teased, before reaching over and giving her a push as she fell back. And she was suddenly on her back.. and turtling? He couldn't tell.

He would take her legs and drape them over his lap so she was even more comfortable. After all, he was a swell fucking guy. "Comfy?" He would ask.

Ryan Ashford

"I suppose," she replied with a smirk. She needed a pillow more than a leg rest but she would take it. Honestly, she was feeling pretty fucking good. The worries had seemed to leave her mind for at least a little bit and she relished in it. She needed it. She would definitely find Drast before drinking going forward. He was good company and all but that flask was the real winner.

"And I am not drunk. I am just tired of sitting up. Sometimes I need a break from always being so perfect." The word sounded so distasteful coming from her. She couldn't bring dishonor for her parents, to the Dreadlords, to Vel Anir so she had to constantly be on point.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

"You suppose?" He would question. "Look. If you wanted a pillow, you fell the wrong way to get one." He leaned back, and it would be a lie to say he didn't think about tickling her feet, just to mess with her.

"Oh right, perfection. Its a good one to be all the time. Ya know, perfect hair, body, grades, etc. Its good to take a break every so often." He laughed. "Perfect at getting injured." He would tease. "Perfect at drinking. Its a rough life."

Ryan Ashford

"I would say that we should play a drinking game but I think I may die if I lose." Ryan laughed and propped herself up on her elbows. She studied his face and moved down to his chest to look at his tattoos some more. They were all pretty nice and she wondered how mad her parents would be if she ever came home with one. They would definitely kill her.

"There is also a sparring suggestion but I would fall over if I tried to stand up," she laughed and ended up sitting all the way up almost in a sit up position. Her legs were bent over his lap now and she rested her arms and chin on her knees.

Ryan looked up at Drast with a smile. She was close enough that she could have put her head on his arm.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

"Oh yeah, you would definitely die." Drast laughed. "Dont worry though, I would tell your parents it was a much cooler ending then what it was." He shot her with a grin as she seemingly inspected him further. "You should get one, i can think of a few good areas for you."

He shrugged. "If you fell... I might catch you." His hands had been at her ankles before and when she sat up and her legs shifted all about, one hand would rest casually on her thigh.

She was now smiling at him, so he hit her with a wink, followed by a grin.

Ryan Ashford

Ryan noted the hand placement but she didn't admonish him. She just held her hand out for the the flask and then took a drink from it. "Oh yeah? And what areas would those be?" She asked with a grin back to match his. She knew she was flirting with danger here.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

He would smack his lips as he actually thought, his eyes giving her body the full sweep. "For starters.. anywhere here.." he mused, caressing her upper thigh, first on the outside, the gliding his hand inwards. ".. and.. here.." his free hand would grab the hem of her shirt. "May I?"

Ryan Ashford

Ryan's breath caught as his hand showed her the perfect spots on her thighs and then again when he grabbed the hem of her shirt.

She nodded slowly. "Just be careful of my ribs," she breathed out. She couldn't feel the pain anymore but that didn't mean she wanted him to go hitting them of anything.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

All he did was grin as her breath caught, nodding in response to her request. The hand lifted the shirt gently up, showing the underside of her bra, while the other hands pointer gently traced along the underside of her breast. He was even more careful near her ribs. "..and here..." he mused before his fingers traced down her abdomen to just above her waist.

Releasing her shirt, his eyes would lift to hers. "Just some areas I think of right off the bat."

Ryan Ashford

"And what would you suggest, hmmm?" She asked as she reached for the flask and took a longer drink than she probably should have. She was very drunk at this point. The hallucinations had not gotten too bad...yet.

His tattoos were still dancing on his body but no monsters had jumped out to attack her yet. Ryan could honestly say that she had never dealt with hallucinations before so she was a little worried.

That didn't stop her though. No, she really liked this shit he had brought. Her slender fingers grazed over the tattooed skin on his arms.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

"Depends on which area you decided to go with." He teased, before nudging her. "Anything on my body cause for inspiration?" He would ask.

His gaze dropped to her hands that seemed to be tracing one of the markings on his arm. "Careful, the fire one is a glyph. Trace it and you can flash heat a fingertip for a few seconds. Helpful in a pinch."

Ryan Ashford