Private Tales From Blood to Booze

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

HRavielle

- -
Character Biography
Link
Ryan Ashford haphazardly climbed up the rungs of the hidden ladder that led to the loft of the Academy stables. She had been thrust into the sparring ring with Ralene and that woman was a tank. That damn rune that made it almost impossible for Ryan to use her magic against Ral and it resulted in Ryan getting her ass decimated. She felt like she had at least a couple broken ribs, a black eye was forming already, Lip was bleeding, and her shoulder had been dislocated. She had made sure to get that popped back in by a fellow Initiate and also double checked that her nose was not broken. Surprisingly.

That loss had just compounded the terrible week she had had mentally. She made it up the ladder and found her way to the wall where she sat down with her back against it. She opened her satchel and pulled out the first of her flasks. Ryan may seem like she had her shit together but she liked to self-medicate with alcohol. No one knew. This was her secret spot to drink when she needed to forget that she was a human weapon designed to kill and not bat an eye.

She opened the flask and brought it to her lips with a sigh. She took a long drink from it and let her head lean against the wall.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

Drast made his way to the stables, he was currently fleeing from his last prank. The details couldn't be shared, but he laughed, Rupert laughed and some new hire and two guard had been left in tears. All in all, another success..

His escape was a success, and then he heard a familiar sound. One that called to him. The popping of a flask cap. He skid to a halt and snuffed at the air. The faint scent of booze. He was right. He twirled and saw the ladder and began a slow ascent.

Reaching the top, he rested his elbows on the platform and grinned at Ryan. "Hey, you come here often?"

Ryan froze when she heard someone coming up her ladder. That momentary fear of a proctor finding her and adding to her pain was soon replaced with a smile when she saw Drastus poke his head up through the hole.

"I do actually," she said and motioned for him to join her. "Fuck," she said and held her side for a moment. She really needed a healer. She had never been good at healing herself and she did need the pain to remind her that she was still human.

"It was my secret spot but I guess I have to share it now," she smiled at him and held out her flask after he had joined her.

She liked Drast and she did not mind that he was the one to find her here. She was totally okay with his company this evening.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

When she smiled, and responded, he grinned wider before climbing up all the way. He noticed her condition and winced. "Shit what happened to you?" He would start to inspect her wounds before smirking. "I can fix this... but you need to die first."

He then eased back against the wall beside her, accepting the flask and then taking a nice long pull from it. Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, he would offer it back to her. "I imagine there are worse people to share this spot with."

Ryan Ashford

"Sparring with Ral. She kicked my ass real good, but I am no where near death so nice try." Ryan took the flask back and took another drink. She really needed more money so she could get something that tasted better than this. At least it did the job though. "I have four more flasks," she said and opened her bag to offer him his own.

She had spent the day with him in Cen'ahir and he had grown on her. He was a prankster and he took few things seriously. He also didn't hate everyone in the Academy or walk around all angsty like most of the Initiates. If she didn't drink as much as she did, she would be angsty too.

"Yeah, you aren't the worse option here. Although, I heard Kalix is pretty great company," she laughed out. Kalix would already be trying to get her clothes off because he was a pig. A very dumb, hot pig.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

"Oh well, then if you fought Ral, you came out of it still looking pretty good. I was able to heal-adjacent her once.. but I really just want to start late stage healing some of you." He smirked. "Not out of hate. But I want to get Rupert to lead an undead dance number. Could be pretty cool, yeah?"

He would take the offered flask with a nod of thanks. "When we're done with those, we can use mine. I tried out another brew, this one causes hallucinations." He rolled his eyes at Kalix. Everyone loved Kalix. Or Zael. Actually, he thought he could have sworn that every guy had been mentioned more often then him, even Tinker.

He dispelled the thought with a pull of his new flask and sighed. At least he wasn't the worst, but even that was subjective. "So how long you been using this spot?"

Ryan Ashford

"If you ever put me in an undead dance number, I will kill you." Her smile was there but her eyes held a seriousness to them. Whenever she died, she wanted to stay dead. "The shit you do...creeps me out a little..." Ryan grimaced and took another drink. "Sorry, that was rude."

Alcohol that caused hallucinations sounded like a terrible idea. She couldn't wait for that. She let a hmmmm leave her as she thought about the first time she had come up her. "Four years, I think. I just need to get away sometimes. Being happy all the time is hard."

As she said that a frown crossed her beautiful face before she took another sip. She flinched and lifted her shirt up enough to see the bruises spreading over her ribs. At least two were broken. Probably more though. "This is gonna suck!" She said as she dropped her shirt back down.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

He smirked. "I mean.. how will you even know?" He teased. "I'm kidding. Your request has been noted, filed, and approved." He shrugged at the next bit. "Yeah.. I guess. I can't really help what I can do. And they like that I can do it." He sighed. "Wouldn't be the first to have those thoughts nor the last." Another sip.

"Four whole years?" He whistled. "Ya know how I found ya? The pop of the flask stopper." He said with a light laugh.

Then she lifted her shirt and well, he had to look. He couldn't help it. Nor would he. "Oh yeah. Word of advice, if there's a fracture. Have them break it. It'll heal easier."

Ryan Ashford

Last edited:
Her laugh was louder than his. The pop of her stopper had given her away. Only a fellow alcoholic would know that sound. She smiled and shook her head at him.

"I am absolutely not having them break my ribs and hurt me more. You are insane, Drast!" She finished her sentence by taking another drink from her flask and frowning. She turned it over with an innocent look. "It seems that I have finished this flask, oops."

Her hand went into her bag and pulled out the next one. The popped the top and smiled, "yes!" She exclaimed. "I thought I was out of the the black current rum! Night made!" She greedily took several gulps at one time and then smiled at Drast again.

"Hey, can I ask you a personal question?"

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

Another shrug. Maybe he was insane? Or maybe, everyone else was just weird. Yeah, that was it. "Okay, but when you heal weird I don't want you to come crying to me."

She really was an alcoholic. That frown was a legitimate one. She felt the pain that an empty flask could bring. He hadn't in years. "Oh no, guess you'll have to finish another." He teased.

A question. Intriguing. "Shoot." He would say. "Ain't no time like drinking times to ask the personal ones."

Ryan Ashford

"What happened?" She motioned to the side of his with the burns. It didn't take away from his handsomeness at all but she had wondered since they had hung out at the beach. She just didn't want to ask on their first time hanging out. She thought that would be rude.

Second time was clearly alright.

She took another drink and closed her eyes while she waited for his answer. The pain was starting to recede some. She wasn't going to go do cartwheels but at least breathing hurt less now.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

"Oh. That." He said with a laugh. "Uhhh.. my family's house in the city was set ablaze by some rival Lord when I was a child. Never found out who. I was caught in the blaze. Fortunately, none of my other siblings were. At least not to uhh... this effect. A few years later, my anger over it manifested into magic."

Ryan looked at him with a sad look. Not pity, no, Drast wasn't someone who wanted your pity. It was more just a sad circumstance. Setting the house of Lord on fire with the family inside. That was some messed up shit.

"I think the scars add to your character," she smiled at him then. Was she flirting with him over his scars? No. That would he messed up.

She took another drink. "Do you ever feel that pressure to have to live up to your parents or siblings? My parents are both retired Guard and my sister is in the Guard now. My younger sister doesn't have any magic but she's only four so who knows."

Another drink. She loved her family dearly but none of them had been a Dreadlord. She had no idea what she was signing up for when she was ten. No one told her what this place really was. Hell.

"You should have seen them the other night." He said with a smirk. "Thanks. I think." She was definitely hitting on him and that was the story he was going to stick to. "Which one looks best?"

He held off on answering her next question while he took a long pull from his guest flask. "I used to. My dad died years ago.. and my brother is noble enough for all of us.. I like to think I get to walk my own path. I'm the first to wind up here.. it has its moments. So you're the standout? At least in terms of magic."

Ryan Ashford

"Definitely the one that looks like a weird cloud before your eye," she smiled and pointed to the spot on her own face. "Although, I suppose it could be a rabbit or a," she narrowed her eyes, "dog taking a shit..." The Initiate actually let out a genuine laugh at her own hilariousness.

The joy only lasted a few seconds before she nodded solemnly and took a drink of the sweet liquid. "Yes, everyone else is normal." There was a slight hint of jealously in her voice. Jealous of those who didn't carry the curse of magic.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

He laughed at her first words. "Always go with the dog taking a shit. Everyone expects the bunny, hit em with the real one." He would take another pull from his flask and sighed contentedly. He loved booze. And this was nice so far.

"Normal.. is overrated. My brother... oldest brother, at least.. he hates my magic. Not that I have it, but what I can do. He tries to hide it.. but I know how he feels." He mused. "Your family think any different of you?"

Ryan Ashford

"I mean...if you became an evil sorcerer then it could be pretty scary. I could see you commanding an army of the undead though. You have that super evil look," she took another long drink as she thought on his next words.

"Oh yes, I am the biggest honor my family has ever had. They could only join the Guard. I am becoming a Dreadlord." She fluttered her fingers in the air like it was some mysterious thing.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

He grinned as he sat back further and really nestled into that wall. "Me? An evil sorcerer?" He mused. "Controlling a horde of undead.." he continued. He suddenly felt pride, but it wasn't his.

Rupert really liked the sound of it and images flashed behind his eyes of Drast in dark robes standing upon an overlook. Below Amol-Kalit lie in flames and the people cried as their own dead turned against them, Rupert at his side. Then he was back, as if he had hit the factory reset button.

"Oh yeah?" She had continued on so he quickly caught up. "Honor, eh? You uhh.. like all this?"

Ryan Ashford

"Nope, but I do it. I'm good at it for the most part," a shrug rolled her shoulders. "I am not about to dishonor my family by quitting so I drink to cope." Ryan said and raised her flask for emphasis.

She took way too long of a drink and finished off flask number two. Fuck, she was gonna get in trouble tonight. Sure, she had a high tolerance but she had been on a roll lately. A roll that had seen her wake up the next morning in this loft.

"I just try to not be a raging bitch like most of the people here. I fail a lot but I try..." She dug into her bag for the last flask and sighed deeply.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

"Well mission success." He mused as he raised husband flask to salute her. "You're not a bitch. And if you were, I would definitely tell you." He said with a smirk. "A pity though. General bitchiness kinda turns me on." He laughed.

He drained his, well her, flask and set it down. "And then there was one." He said of her flask. "Then we get to the fun one."

Ryan Ashford

Ryan snorted and then coughed when he said that bitchiness turned him on. For some reason she was not surprised at all. He seemed like the type who would want the women that didn't want him. It was a concept that made zero sense to her but to each his own, she supposed.

She took a long drink from the last flask and made a face. She had gotten used to the sweet and now she was back to the burn. Oh well, it did what it was supposed to.

"I did say your burn looked like a dog taking a shit. That could be construed as bitchy." Ryan said with a shrug of her shoulders and a playful smile on her face.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

Oh shit. She was dying on her own booze. He had gone to far. What Ryan didn't know, is that he was every woman's type.. or they were all his, he hadnt sorted that out yet, but he believed it to be the former.

He took another sip from his actual flask, then sucked some air in through his teeth. "This is true.. consider yourself back in the running." He smirked.

Ryan Ashford

Ryan let out a genuine laugh. "It is my only hope to be enough of a bitch to turn you on," she let her free hand fly over her mouth and let out another laugh. Okay, maybe she was feeling the alcohol a little bit. Oh well.

"That was inappropriate, sorry," she quickly followed up and took a very long few gulps from the flask.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

Well damn. He was everyone's type. Or booze was his ally in this moment. Either way, this could only be classified as an absolute win. "Well we can practice that then. I hear it makes perfect." He said back with a smirk.

He would take a long pull from his flask and offer it to her, since he felt she was almost done with hers. "Besides, I'm a necromancer. Inappropriate is what I do."

Ryan Ashford

"I am not really good at bitchy." Ryan tried very hard to make a mean face but it didn't really work well. She laughed and finished her flask with another drink. "Here, let me practice!" The semi serious look was back on her face.

"You, sir, are a terrible prankster!" She took his flask, took a drink, and nodded. Yep. Totally bitchy!

"This shit is good, Drast."

Drastus Tal'deneshaar