Private Tales Foosty Gobshytes

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Riley hadn't felt safe in a long time. But leaning back against Kaius? His arms circled around her with his hot breath tickling along her neck. That battering of his heart at her back...matching her own erratic beat? She tried to hold onto that feeling. Keep it so she could remember it when she needed it.

She looped an arm around the outside of his raised knee, letting her hand drift lazily along the outside of his leg. Her other hand rested along one of his arms that encircled her. Tracing idle patterns along his skin. Her eyes closed for a moment, enjoying the feeling of the rumble of his voice at her back. That heartbeat of his against her own.

"No," she whispered. "I've been wanting to...for awhile," she admitted, feeling her cheeks warm. "But I guess the wine made me not care about what we talked about in the clearing last night. How we both know things could get...complicated." A light elbow into his stomach backward.

"Beautiful little complication, remember?" He'd hear the small smile curled on her lips as she said it, reminding him what he'd said.

• Love
Reactions: Kaius
He felt his eyes drift closed for a short moment as her fingertips played on his skin, his cheeks dimpling at her admission. Gods, she had no idea the amount of self restraint it had taken not to kiss her before now. The amount of arguments he'd had in his mind about why he shouldn't..and why he should. Truthfully he didn't know what could come of this complication, but he sighed deeply as she reminded him with a nudge.

"Mh.." he laughed awkwardly under his breath.. "I didn't mean to call you a complication." he huffed, the confusion he felt already trying to pull him back, but his arms tightened his grip on her a little, as though his body and mind were fighting for dominance over his actions. "You were just... unexpected." he frowned and rested his head back against the tree, lifting his gaze skyward to stare into the canopy as his fingertips danced up and down her upper arms.

Gods, he was screwed. He wanted to make room for her, he wanted to allow himself to be happy.. to make her happy. But he'd sworn his life to a single purpose and he'd never considered that he might feel the way he felt about anyone again. He didn't want to let her go; his heart ached at the very thought of it, but he dreaded the possibility that he'd end up dragging her into more trouble whilst chasing Arwyl's impossible dreams, that he might die in the process, or worse that he might get her killed. Weaknesses of the heart had no place in their lives. Not for Kaius.

"You are beautiful though..." he added with a long sigh.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Riley
Eyes opened. The sun was starting to dip below the horizon, leaving hues of gold, orange, and pinks, those same colors reflecting in the river waters just beyond their camp fire. And for the first time in a long time, Riley felt warm, too. Cold had always affected her strongly after that courtyard execution and the consequences she'd endured. And the feeling of warmth seemed to elude her. It was as if ice had permanently set up in her veins after that.

But now?

Tucked against Kaius with the fire in front. She actually felt...warm. Hands paused against him, just holding him. Resting against him.

"You were too, unexpected I mean." She'd only had one thought on her mind. To survive that dreadlord who'd been tracking her. And when she'd blasted against that prison and into them? Seen his face pop up from that rubble. Then she'd wanted something more.

And it was strange to be called beautiful. Those at the academy never dared any of those thoughts. At least with each other. There were plenty of...brothels to be had. She'd always thought she was ordinary. That her eyes seemed a little too big for her face. Her brows too dark.

She took in a breath and released it slowly.

"I'll never ask you...I'd never ask you to change, Kai," as if she could read his thoughts. "I may not have been fighting the same war long before I met you but I was fighting for the same things. Am fighting for the same things. I know you probably see me as really young."

Another breath.

"And only human. And I don't know what we might look like but I want to try...I mean, if you want to." She gnawed on the inside of her cheek, focusing on the colors in the river. "But if we can't...if it doesn't...just. If you want me to leave, if you need me to leave, I will."

• Bless
His chest rose and fell and against her back, their breaths in unison, her body melting against his soothed him more than he expected and he knew he'd never feel comfortable without her near again. She seemed to mollify the storms in his heart and mind, the pain that he'd buried deep loosed it's keen sting as though it had never existed and his optimism raised its head from the dirt. Perhaps the hope had been there all along, but without her it was trapped, like crystals in a stone.

He settled his chin on her shoulder as he listened to her speak, his gaze on the fire and his brow slowly furrowing at her insecurities as she awkwardly stuttered and stammered her wishes into the palpable air. He let her finish without interruption before reaching to gently clasp hold of her chin and bring those hazels to meet his gaze.

"Riley..." he sighed. Just saying her name was enough to make him smile. His thumb brushed softly across her lower lip as he studied her face for a moment. "You are not only human. You are not only anything. Gods you really have no idea how incredible you are, do you?.." he laughed under his breath but his frown remained. "I wish you could see your worth like I do."

She was, in all respects, a diamond in his mind. The rest of the world could be as harsh and as rough as it desired but it couldn't break her, she shone with beauty both inside and out all the same. A sparkle that nobody could ever take away. And she wanted him. He was certain he didn't deserve her.

He swept a dark lock of hair from her face and leaned in to capture her lips with his, a deep sigh of resignation, a decision made that if she wanted him, he was entirely hers. With the kiss broken he gazed at her and shook his head.. "I don't know what future my life holds but I know more than anything that I want you in it.." he told her firmly, his fingers stroking idly through her hair. "Don't ever suggest my wanting you to leave, ever again." he smirked.

• Love
He was a drink more heady than wine. More intoxicating. More warming. And she had a feeling like a fine wine, this relationship would age well. For as long as they had. As long as they survived together.

Shifting against him, her palm cupped the side of his face, thumb spreading along his skin and beard. Brushing along freckles she was becoming more familiar with. A small, crooked smirk to match his own.

"Oh is that an order?" Her smirk widened for a moment as she pressed her lips against his, letting her teeth lightly drag across his lower lip, tugging it, before he could answer. Before she pulled back again. "You giving me orders now?"

• Love
He leaned into her hand and simply stared at her, now that he could without having to catch himself and drag his gaze away. And crooked smile by crooked smile, he melted a little more and more every day. There was a growing flutter in his chest that had spread into his stomach, a warmth that he had entirely forgotten that he was capable of feeling at all. His cheeks dimpled as his lips curled into a grin and a quiet growl of a sound rumbled in his throat in response to her playfulness.

"If I have to." he mused with a subtle wink, a hand sliding to her waist and squeezing gently. "But somehow I don't think you take orders very well." he laughed and drew her closer. He'd been about to kiss her, their lips barely touching before he stopped himself and frowned..

"I'm.. Not sure I want Arwyl to know about this.. not just yet.." his gaze narrowed, realising how it might sound. "He'll either think I'm distracted and disapprove, or he'll try to leave us behind and I can't do that.." he sighed, hoping she'd understand.

• Thoughtful
"You know I don't take orders well," she gently teased against him but stilled as he kept speaking. Her fingers gently brushed errant strands of hair away from his face. A gentle caress.

Eyes of mixed greens, golds, and browns didn't break away from his own.

She did understand.

All too well.

A small snort left the tip of her nose. "As if he could leave me behind even if he wanted to." Riley could be...persistent when she chose to be. Her tone didn't turn serious, not yet. "Better this way. Could you imagine the amount of teasing we'd get from Riz?"

A playful waggle of her dark brows.

Eventually her smile smoothed out, almost dipping into a frown. The words he spoke. Arwyl worried about Kaius being...distracted. She, too, didn't want him to be distracted over her. It could get dangerous if he did...for him. Just like today, when he'd refused to retreat into the woods and leave her. But she couldn't worry about the what-ifs. Not now. Not in this moment.

She tugged him toward her and kissed him slowly. Savoring. Deeply.

She intended to make every one of their kisses count.

• Love
Kaius let out a quiet huff of a laugh, his fingers slipping through her hair to rest his hand on the nape of her neck, gently massaging at her muscle. It felt odd, to be able to touch her now, to be able to tell her what he thought of her now that he knew she shared similar feelings. It was odd to afford himself this, moment of happiness, and he tried not to let the guilt of it seep back into his mind as he thought of Arwyl. Kaius had made a habit of making his entire life more about the Prince and less about himself. But with her, he couldn't help but allow himself at least a little selfishness.

He could tell that more serious thoughts had invaded her mind by the way her smile changed, he could see the thoughts move in her eyes, and he'd been about to ask what had troubled her before his lips were caught off guard and he was grateful for the distraction. A throaty sound of approval rumbled beneath her lips and he returned her affections just as deeply. He found himself having to draw in shorter, deeper breaths as his pulse hitched, and he pulled her half naked body flush against his to close the gap of static air between them and a possessive arm wrapped around her. His mind wandered as a man's mind tended to wander when a beautiful woman kissed like Riley kissed and looked like Riley looked.

Mind and body battled as her lips ignited against his, stirring something far more carnal and a desire for more. Gods did he want more...but she'd already admitted to the consumption of wine emboldening her, and the last thing he wanted to do was take advantage of it more than it felt he already had. Again she tested his self restraint, and again Kaius would abstain from giving in to his true desires despite how much it pained him.

He had to break the kiss when his breathing grew too heavy and his heart too rapid. His blood ran hot, and his skin was flushed and warm against her. He could only smile, and bring himself back down from the heady heights with a few slower, softer kisses.. He frowned and rested his forehead against hers, closing his eyes for a moment..

"How am I supposed to control myself around you?...." he laughed under his breath and groaned. What had he let himself in for?...

Last edited:
  • Love
She panted against him, sneaking a look at him as his eyes closed. Catching her own breath. Her lips tingled and she could feel them swelling from what they'd just done. Slowly, she twisted so her back was resting against his chest once more and she was facing the fire and the river beyond. She could see the first set of stars peeking out. Their fire's golden light glowed more brightly.

Things were catching up with her. The fight from the day before. The escape. The healing bruises along the back of her head. She was tired. Even with the fire running through her veins and her fluttering heartbeat.

"Dunno," she breathed, a lazy smile spreading on curled lips as her eyes began to lower, savoring the feeling of him against her. His warmth. His...safety. Something that meant a lot to her because she'd never been safe. "While we're out here you don't have to. But around Arwyl...," voice trailed off. She wasn't sure how to act when they got back to camp. She knew Kaius didn't want Arwyl to know. And she didn't either, if it meant Arwyl would disapprove or leave them behind.

"Around the rest of them...," she sighed, eyes remaining closed as her breathing began to even out. "They'll guess eventually. Even Riz." The orc wasn't known to be the most observant but Riley he surprised Riley sometimes and she had to wonder if he kept it up as a front.

His hands sailed over her shoulders and down her arms to lace his fingers through hers and wrap both of their arms around her. Now that he'd had his lips on her there was little effort being made to keep them off and he peppered her jawline, neck and shoulder with gentle kisses as she spoke. "Probably..." he rumbled against her shoulder, clearly distracted by finding cool areas of her skin to warm with his lips.

He sighed finally and settled back against the tree, holding her against him and stroking idly at her knuckles with his thumbs. "You have to realise how... unusual, it is for us to have a human join us. He likes you, I know he does, I just.. I'm honestly not sure how he'd take it.." he frowned, staring at the fire in contemplation. Humans and elves did not generally work out so well. Their lifespans were not exactly compatible, and he knew the advice he'd have offered if any of his men had fallen for a human. They were bound for heartbreak, destined to love for a short while and be forced to let go. He swallowed a pain in his throat at the thought and reminded himself of how he'd felt in that cell. He could die at any time..

"Tomorrow is not promised..." he muttered aloud to himself with a sigh and turned his face to press a kiss against her head.. He grinned at the smell of wine on her hair. "Besides. They'll all be jealous. Not everyone gets to be with a fuckin phoenix.."

• Haha
"Oh," she managed to find her voice somehow even though each one of his touches sent jiterring sparks through her veins. "You sound so sure that he likes me." In her tone, it was clear she wasn't entirely convinced. "I feel like he mostly tolerates me or keeps thinking I'm going to betray you all somehow." She frowned and added quietly.

"I don't blame him."

Not after what happened to his people. What she was. Human certainly didn't add to her credit and then throw on Anirian and dreadlord on top of that.

But that kiss on top of her head distracted her further from going down the Arwyl path.

She snuggled further against him.

"Hey," she sniffed. "I'm not responsible for the things that come out of my mouth when drunk off my ass on wine that someone so happily and readily placed me in."

Teeth gnawed on her lower lip, a trace of vulnerability in her voice as she asked next.

"Do you mind if we stay like this for awhile? Just...rest?" If he agreed, she'd close her eyes for a moment and a moment after that, would drift off quickly against the man who now owned a large part of her heart.

• Love
"Are you?.." he asked as she spoke of betrayal, but his grin was evident in his tone. He felt like her knew her well enough that it wasn't naivety to believe her trustworthy. She was as much one of them as Riz and she'd already saved their lives.

"I told you before.. It was Arwyl who insisted that we 'keep you' in the first place.. If he didn't like you, he'd have left you behind already." he laughed and tilted his head back, his chest rising and falling with a deep sigh. "I am glad he likes you." he smirked.

His eyes creased as his grin grew, the memory of her face when she realised what he'd done stirring another rumble of a chuckle in his chest.. "Oh come on. That was funny. I couldn't resist...And nobody asked you to drink it." he snorted.

Kaius' brow quirked at her question, the tone of her voice, and he melted just a little as he looked down at her.

His lips curled slightly and he secured his arms around her with another kiss to her head as her eyes closed. "Rest sounds good." he agreed in a soft rumble and let out a quiet sigh in contentment. He could feel her body relax further as sleep crept over her, her body melting against his. It was a strange sensation for someone who hadn't been tactile in so long to have the warmth of a body against him, particularly one so beautiful as Riley. He smiled as he watched her sleep, listening to her gentle breaths, feeling her heart beat slow and steady.

He knew in that moment that whether his heart would beat for another day, or another few hundred years, that it was hers. Sleep would eventually take him, but his arms wouldn't dare give up their hold on her. She made sleeping in the dirt far more pleasant.

• Love
She slept for awhile, Kaius acting as a comfortable and warm recliner. And as she woke, his arms still around her, though limp with sleep, she realized she could get used to this.

Gods. How had this happened?!

She wasn't supposed to have any weaknesses. Distractions. Things that others could use against her. Get her killed more quickly than she probably would anyway.

It was dark when she opened her eyes, the fire down to warm embers. Perhaps the hour just before dawn. Her hand had been curled with one of Kaius' and she began to disentangle herself from the elf. Trying not to wake the man. Just two days ago they'd both been smacked around pretty good. She imagined he needed his sleep as much as she did. Unless the bodies of elves healed faster. She honestly didn't know. And if Arwyl was here...well....he'd tell her some tall tale that she'd probably half believe.

Today they'd have to find their horses or steal new ones. Same with the supplies. At least they'd gotten their weapons back. Before standing, she pressed a soft kiss against Kaius' temple, noting his face when he slept. The relaxed tension. A lightness to his expression that was rarely there when he was awake. Turning, she'd begin to tug on her now dried shirt and pants.

• Love
Normally, Kaius was an exceptionally light sleeper. His ears still worked as well in slumber as they did whilst he was awake. But, normally, Kaius wasn't this relaxed. He hadn't heard her, or felt her move or kiss him, it was the cool air against his chest where there had been her warmth that had caused him to stir. Cold had never bothered him until right then, and yet suddenly he felt it more real than ever before.

A soft growl rumbled in his chest in protest as he reached blindly out to try and find her and pull her back to him.. How dare she ruin a good sleep, an occasion so rare? "Wheryougon?.." he mumbled, his voice gritty with sleep.

• Love
She was just fastening her belt around her waist when she felt fingers tug and enclose around her wrist, tugging her back down. She laughed quietly, letting him pull her back down.

"Come on old man," she'd rumble in his ear, tone full of playful jesting like the dancing firelight in the growing dawn. "Time to rise and shine." She'd press a kiss on his temple, then trail soft, gentle presses of her lips along his jawline. Any trace of wine from the night and day before had long since left her system. And she found that the clarity only made her heart soften more toward the elf before her.

• Love
His arms wrapped tightly around her waist and he nuzzled into her with a groan in protest, but his eyes finally opened, topped with a frown at her words. "Old man?.." He growled quietly at that and huffed, but his disgruntlement was quickly nullified by the soft, sweet kisses that he instantly forgot to be annoyed. He sighed as he looked over her face with a sleepy smile and swept a few stray strands of her hair behind the curve of her ear.

Despite sleeping in the dirt, he felt well rested, his mind and body both at ease as though she'd been the tonic he'd needed all along. "I'd much rather we stayed here.." he told her with a sigh, his knuckles trailing along the line of her jaw. They couldn't, of course, but Kaius let his mind imagine for a brief moment before accepting reality and loosening his hold on her.

"I'm up." he huffed, and rubbed at his face.

She smirked at his huff. Smirked while trying not to let the thrumming in her chest get away from her. When he'd held her in his arms. Touch of his skin along her face.

And she wished in that moment that they could stay there.

If only Vel Anir wasn't the way it was. If only it was a better place; with better people who wanted to change. If the dreadlords weren't...dreadlords anymore or that system of violence and war. Then maybe, maybe, they could build a cabin by a river like this and live together. Doing...

She offered Kaius a hand as she popped back up to her feet.

Hazels dragged across his bare chest a moment before flitting away.

"I can't decide if you'd be more distracting if you kept your shirt off for us to steal horses." A finger tapped at her lower lip in thought, that impish smile curling briefly on her lips.

• Smug
He couldn't help but smile as she offered him a hand up. If he let her take his weight she'd come toppling back down on top of him again and so he took the hand and got himself up to let her think she was helping him to his feet.

Kaius glanced down at his chest and half frowned, half smirked at her incredulously.. "Well honestly I just feel used." he covered his chest with his arms and looked her up and down. "Same could be said about you, but what sort of a man would I be if I suggested such a thing?.." he snorted and shook his head at her with feigned disappointment before giving in to that smile of hers and stepping forward to capture it with a kiss, his knuckles tilting her chin up toward him.

"Alright...Let's get moving." she rumbled with a sigh and unhooked his shirt from the tree branch and shot her a smirk as he pulled it on. "Should find the next village about a mile or so up the road." he rumbled as he lifted his weapons.

• Cthuulove
She found herself a bit breathless as he dragged his lips away. Leaving her wanting more. She had to recover quickly so she didn’t look like a fish out of that river.

Foosty gobshytes. This man would be the death of her.

“What kind of man? I’m not the one that flounces about with my shirt off half the time.” She pointed out Pragmatically, Slinging the strap of her axe across her back. Turning so he wouldn’t catch her half smirk. She began picking her way through the trees, following the oath of the river. Better that than the road.

And as much as she wanted to keep her attention on Kaius, she began sweeping the area as she walked. Looking out for danger. Those after them.

“Kai,” all playfulness from her voice. “What happened yesterday. Do you think it means we...have a spy?”

"It means I have some questions for Lucien.." he answered bluntly with a huff. "I don't want to jump to conclusions, but yes, it's possible.." Lucien had been the one who gave the report of Anirians having captured elves, either he'd been fooled as well, or he'd been working for the Anirians.

"Unless..of course, you are the spy.." he frowned as seriously as he could for a moment as he looked down at her, but he couldn't hold it and his arm wrapped around her and he grinned.

It was just under a half hour's walk to the nearest farming village. There were around ten small cottage homes and the rest were stables and barns. "This looks promising..." he rumbled as he leaned against a tree to watch for a moment.

"That's not funny," hazels narrowed up at the elf, an elbow edging into his stomach as he made his mock accusation. "I'm sure enough of them will be thinking that already." She said more seriously. But perhaps it wasn't a spy. She could see any of them falling for a tip. Especially if it meant freeing others like them. Or getting the upper hand in a raid.

She frowned as she looked out beyond the shade of the tree that they huddled under.

Her family had owned a farm like this. One she couldn't remember. When her brother had been taken to the Academy first. She couldn't remember it. They'd moved to the coast quickly after.

She'd rather steal from an army contingency. But modest farmers? Even if they would sooner spit on Kaius if they saw him. Even if they'd never give him a chance. Riley turned away from the farm.

"What if we tried the small town, instead?" Maybe they'd be able to steal from travelers or wealthier merchants there.

• Bless
Kaius let out a quiet oof as he took an elbow to the stomach, and he rubbed at the slight ache with a grin.. "It was a little.." he laughed under his breath, but as her tone changed, his did too. He wouldn't lie to her, a few of their men would take a lot of convincing, but he could see them slowly come around.. "You know, I didn't take you for being the sort to worry about what other people think. But you really want us to like you, don't you?.." he smirked gently at her. She could deny it, but she'd worried about Arwyl liking her since the day they'd met.

"They can think what they want. I know you..They'll trust you more as time passes." he rumbled at her as he watched the farm. Her words caused his brow to furrow and he turned to see she'd turned away. At first he thought she might have some connection with the farm, but his lips curled for a brief moment as he understood, at least, he thought he did.. He pushed himself away from the tree and walked back to her, reaching to pull her in against his chest to wrap his arms around her with a rumbled "M-hm.." as he kissed her head.

"Sure, lass.." he sighed, and dipped to effortlessly lift her up into a cradle hold and start walking.. "I suppose if you're going to make me walk, you might as well make me carry you too." his head shook and he sighed. "And I thought Arwyl was the princess.."

• Haha
"You know, I didn't take you for being the sort to worry about what other people think."
"I don't," she huffed and was tempted to elbow him again. "I was just saying that's how it is right now. It's FINE." Still. Even if it was what it was. She was relieved to hear his encouragement. It meant something to her. A great deal. That he cared.

And before she realized what he was doing, the man managed to scoop her up in his arms. For a moment, she was in too much shock to react. Lips parted, mouth dropping wide open. Speechless. Riley actually speechless.

Not for long though.

"What the hell...what're you...," she sputtered. "Kaius," she began squirming, a hand on his shoulder, the other hand going to the other shoulder as she stared at his bobbing grin. "And I dunno if anyone can measure up to the princess we already met. I hope she and Arwyl get married. She'd keep him on his toes."

Throat cleared.

"Kaius, put me down before I clock you."

• Haha
His grin only widened more as she tried to justify herself and he nodded with a quiet "Mhmm..Sure Sparky.."

Kaius held onto her as she squirmed and let out a burst of laughter as she spoke of Sylmara and Arwyl.. "I expect she would aye." he sighed longingly. The thought of Arwyl marrying and ruling as he was supposed to was all Kaius had wanted, but Arwyl seemed dead against it. "Maybe that should be my aim. He refuses to listen to anything else I--" he paused and blinked at her as she threatened to hit him.

"Oh.." he chuckled and stopped to set her down. "Sorry lass.." he muttered sheepishly and cleared his throat as he looked down at her before continuing on their path, rubbing the back of his neck. Lesson learned...

• Haha
Feet back on solid ground, she gnawed on the inside of her cheek. Her own turn to rub the back of her neck. "It's fine," she murmured. Hand dropped and she walked alongside him, finally giving his shoulder a light nudge with her own. "I just...," voice trailed off as she looked at the farmlands they passed, becoming less and less spread out as they neared the small town.

"I'm not used to being picked up for fun. Any of this." A hand waved absently between them. She'd never really had a serious relationship before or been afforded such. All this? It was so new for her. Hell, she was just beginning to trust others when she fell into their band. And now...truly caring for someone else? Letting someone else care for her?

She could see the town ahead. It was so small there wasn't even a wall around it. No guard house. A few buildings strung up in a small line leading to what looked like an even smaller town square.

"Will you stay here? I doubt folks will turn their head at a human girl wandering in."

• Nervous