Private Tales Foosty Gobshytes

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Riley

Runaway Apprentice
Character Biography
Link
Riley hadn't felt safe in a long time. But leaning back against Kaius? His arms circled around her with his hot breath tickling along her neck. That battering of his heart at her back...matching her own erratic beat? She tried to hold onto that feeling. Keep it so she could remember it when she needed it.

She looped an arm around the outside of his raised knee, letting her hand drift lazily along the outside of his leg. Her other hand rested along one of his arms that encircled her. Tracing idle patterns along his skin. Her eyes closed for a moment, enjoying the feeling of the rumble of his voice at her back. That heartbeat of his against her own.

"No," she whispered. "I've been wanting to...for awhile," she admitted, feeling her cheeks warm. "But I guess the wine made me not care about what we talked about in the clearing last night. How we both know things could get...complicated." A light elbow into his stomach backward.

"Beautiful little complication, remember?" He'd hear the small smile curled on her lips as she said it, reminding him what he'd said.

• Love
Reactions: Kaius

Kaius

Grumpy Old Bastard
Character Biography
Link
He felt his eyes drift closed for a short moment as her fingertips played on his skin, his cheeks dimpling at her admission. Gods, she had no idea the amount of self restraint it had taken not to kiss her before now. The amount of arguments he'd had in his mind about why he shouldn't..and why he should. Truthfully he didn't know what could come of this complication, but he sighed deeply as she reminded him with a nudge.

"Mh.." he laughed awkwardly under his breath.. "I didn't mean to call you a complication." he huffed, the confusion he felt already trying to pull him back, but his arms tightened his grip on her a little, as though his body and mind were fighting for dominance over his actions. "You were just... unexpected." he frowned and rested his head back against the tree, lifting his gaze skyward to stare into the canopy as his fingertips danced up and down her upper arms.

Gods, he was screwed. He wanted to make room for her, he wanted to allow himself to be happy.. to make her happy. But he'd sworn his life to a single purpose and he'd never considered that he might feel the way he felt about anyone again. He didn't want to let her go; his heart ached at the very thought of it, but he dreaded the possibility that he'd end up dragging her into more trouble whilst chasing Arwyl's impossible dreams, that he might die in the process, or worse that he might get her killed. Weaknesses of the heart had no place in their lives. Not for Kaius.

"You are beautiful though..." he added with a long sigh.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Riley

Riley

Runaway Apprentice
Character Biography
Link
Eyes opened. The sun was starting to dip below the horizon, leaving hues of gold, orange, and pinks, those same colors reflecting in the river waters just beyond their camp fire. And for the first time in a long time, Riley felt warm, too. Cold had always affected her strongly after that courtyard execution and the consequences she'd endured. And the feeling of warmth seemed to elude her. It was as if ice had permanently set up in her veins after that.

But now?

Tucked against Kaius with the fire in front. She actually felt...warm. Hands paused against him, just holding him. Resting against him.

"You were too, unexpected I mean." She'd only had one thought on her mind. To survive that dreadlord who'd been tracking her. And when she'd blasted against that prison and into them? Seen his face pop up from that rubble. Then she'd wanted something more.

And it was strange to be called beautiful. Those at the academy never dared any of those thoughts. At least with each other. There were plenty of...brothels to be had. She'd always thought she was ordinary. That her eyes seemed a little too big for her face. Her brows too dark.

She took in a breath and released it slowly.

"I'll never ask you...I'd never ask you to change, Kai," as if she could read his thoughts. "I may not have been fighting the same war long before I met you but I was fighting for the same things. Am fighting for the same things. I know you probably see me as really young."

Another breath.

"And only human. And I don't know what we might look like but I want to try...I mean, if you want to." She gnawed on the inside of her cheek, focusing on the colors in the river. "But if we can't...if it doesn't...just. If you want me to leave, if you need me to leave, I will."

• Bless

Kaius

Grumpy Old Bastard
Character Biography
Link
His chest rose and fell and against her back, their breaths in unison, her body melting against his soothed him more than he expected and he knew he'd never feel comfortable without her near again. She seemed to mollify the storms in his heart and mind, the pain that he'd buried deep loosed it's keen sting as though it had never existed and his optimism raised its head from the dirt. Perhaps the hope had been there all along, but without her it was trapped, like crystals in a stone.

He settled his chin on her shoulder as he listened to her speak, his gaze on the fire and his brow slowly furrowing at her insecurities as she awkwardly stuttered and stammered her wishes into the palpable air. He let her finish without interruption before reaching to gently clasp hold of her chin and bring those hazels to meet his gaze.

"Riley..." he sighed. Just saying her name was enough to make him smile. His thumb brushed softly across her lower lip as he studied her face for a moment. "You are not only human. You are not only anything. Gods you really have no idea how incredible you are, do you?.." he laughed under his breath but his frown remained. "I wish you could see your worth like I do."

She was, in all respects, a diamond in his mind. The rest of the world could be as harsh and as rough as it desired but it couldn't break her, she shone with beauty both inside and out all the same. A sparkle that nobody could ever take away. And she wanted him. He was certain he didn't deserve her.

He swept a dark lock of hair from her face and leaned in to capture her lips with his, a deep sigh of resignation, a decision made that if she wanted him, he was entirely hers. With the kiss broken he gazed at her and shook his head.. "I don't know what future my life holds but I know more than anything that I want you in it.." he told her firmly, his fingers stroking idly through her hair. "Don't ever suggest my wanting you to leave, ever again." he smirked.

• Love

Riley

Runaway Apprentice
Character Biography
Link
He was a drink more heady than wine. More intoxicating. More warming. And she had a feeling like a fine wine, this relationship would age well. For as long as they had. As long as they survived together.

Shifting against him, her palm cupped the side of his face, thumb spreading along his skin and beard. Brushing along freckles she was becoming more familiar with. A small, crooked smirk to match his own.

"Oh is that an order?" Her smirk widened for a moment as she pressed her lips against his, letting her teeth lightly drag across his lower lip, tugging it, before he could answer. Before she pulled back again. "You giving me orders now?"

• Love

Kaius

Grumpy Old Bastard
Character Biography
Link
He leaned into her hand and simply stared at her, now that he could without having to catch himself and drag his gaze away. And crooked smile by crooked smile, he melted a little more and more every day. There was a growing flutter in his chest that had spread into his stomach, a warmth that he had entirely forgotten that he was capable of feeling at all. His cheeks dimpled as his lips curled into a grin and a quiet growl of a sound rumbled in his throat in response to her playfulness.

"If I have to." he mused with a subtle wink, a hand sliding to her waist and squeezing gently. "But somehow I don't think you take orders very well." he laughed and drew her closer. He'd been about to kiss her, their lips barely touching before he stopped himself and frowned..

"I'm.. Not sure I want Arwyl to know about this.. not just yet.." his gaze narrowed, realising how it might sound. "He'll either think I'm distracted and disapprove, or he'll try to leave us behind and I can't do that.." he sighed, hoping she'd understand.

• Thoughtful

Riley

Runaway Apprentice
Character Biography
Link
"You know I don't take orders well," she gently teased against him but stilled as he kept speaking. Her fingers gently brushed errant strands of hair away from his face. A gentle caress.

Eyes of mixed greens, golds, and browns didn't break away from his own.

She did understand.

All too well.

A small snort left the tip of her nose. "As if he could leave me behind even if he wanted to." Riley could be...persistent when she chose to be. Her tone didn't turn serious, not yet. "Better this way. Could you imagine the amount of teasing we'd get from Riz?"

A playful waggle of her dark brows.

Eventually her smile smoothed out, almost dipping into a frown. The words he spoke. Arwyl worried about Kaius being...distracted. She, too, didn't want him to be distracted over her. It could get dangerous if he did...for him. Just like today, when he'd refused to retreat into the woods and leave her. But she couldn't worry about the what-ifs. Not now. Not in this moment.

She tugged him toward her and kissed him slowly. Savoring. Deeply.

She intended to make every one of their kisses count.

• Love

Kaius

Grumpy Old Bastard
Character Biography
Link
Kaius let out a quiet huff of a laugh, his fingers slipping through her hair to rest his hand on the nape of her neck, gently massaging at her muscle. It felt odd, to be able to touch her now, to be able to tell her what he thought of her now that he knew she shared similar feelings. It was odd to afford himself this, moment of happiness, and he tried not to let the guilt of it seep back into his mind as he thought of Arwyl. Kaius had made a habit of making his entire life more about the Prince and less about himself. But with her, he couldn't help but allow himself at least a little selfishness.

He could tell that more serious thoughts had invaded her mind by the way her smile changed, he could see the thoughts move in her eyes, and he'd been about to ask what had troubled her before his lips were caught off guard and he was grateful for the distraction. A throaty sound of approval rumbled beneath her lips and he returned her affections just as deeply. He found himself having to draw in shorter, deeper breaths as his pulse hitched, and he pulled her half naked body flush against his to close the gap of static air between them and a possessive arm wrapped around her. His mind wandered as a man's mind tended to wander when a beautiful woman kissed like Riley kissed and looked like Riley looked.

Mind and body battled as her lips ignited against his, stirring something far more carnal and a desire for more. Gods did he want more...but she'd already admitted to the consumption of wine emboldening her, and the last thing he wanted to do was take advantage of it more than it felt he already had. Again she tested his self restraint, and again Kaius would abstain from giving in to his true desires despite how much it pained him.

He had to break the kiss when his breathing grew too heavy and his heart too rapid. His blood ran hot, and his skin was flushed and warm against her. He could only smile, and bring himself back down from the heady heights with a few slower, softer kisses.. He frowned and rested his forehead against hers, closing his eyes for a moment..

"How am I supposed to control myself around you?...." he laughed under his breath and groaned. What had he let himself in for?...

Last edited:
  • Love

Riley

Runaway Apprentice
Character Biography
Link
She panted against him, sneaking a look at him as his eyes closed. Catching her own breath. Her lips tingled and she could feel them swelling from what they'd just done. Slowly, she twisted so her back was resting against his chest once more and she was facing the fire and the river beyond. She could see the first set of stars peeking out. Their fire's golden light glowed more brightly.

Things were catching up with her. The fight from the day before. The escape. The healing bruises along the back of her head. She was tired. Even with the fire running through her veins and her fluttering heartbeat.

"Dunno," she breathed, a lazy smile spreading on curled lips as her eyes began to lower, savoring the feeling of him against her. His warmth. His...safety. Something that meant a lot to her because she'd never been safe. "While we're out here you don't have to. But around Arwyl...," voice trailed off. She wasn't sure how to act when they got back to camp. She knew Kaius didn't want Arwyl to know. And she didn't either, if it meant Arwyl would disapprove or leave them behind.

"Around the rest of them...," she sighed, eyes remaining closed as her breathing began to even out. "They'll guess eventually. Even Riz." The orc wasn't known to be the most observant but Riley he surprised Riley sometimes and she had to wonder if he kept it up as a front.

Kaius

Grumpy Old Bastard
Character Biography
Link
His hands sailed over her shoulders and down her arms to lace his fingers through hers and wrap both of their arms around her. Now that he'd had his lips on her there was little effort being made to keep them off and he peppered her jawline, neck and shoulder with gentle kisses as she spoke. "Probably..." he rumbled against her shoulder, clearly distracted by finding cool areas of her skin to warm with his lips.

He sighed finally and settled back against the tree, holding her against him and stroking idly at her knuckles with his thumbs. "You have to realise how... unusual, it is for us to have a human join us. He likes you, I know he does, I just.. I'm honestly not sure how he'd take it.." he frowned, staring at the fire in contemplation. Humans and elves did not generally work out so well. Their lifespans were not exactly compatible, and he knew the advice he'd have offered if any of his men had fallen for a human. They were bound for heartbreak, destined to love for a short while and be forced to let go. He swallowed a pain in his throat at the thought and reminded himself of how he'd felt in that cell. He could die at any time..

"Tomorrow is not promised..." he muttered aloud to himself with a sigh and turned his face to press a kiss against her head.. He grinned at the smell of wine on her hair. "Besides. They'll all be jealous. Not everyone gets to be with a fuckin phoenix.."

• Haha