LFG 1x1 Fellow Long Post Writers

Marzi

4 AM reporting in
Hello all, Marf here.

I am relatively new to Chronicles, but not new to RP. Just this year, I started to write very long role-play posts which are almost like book chapters and I absolutely love it. I find long posts to be far more immersive and epic to both write and read, and I'm looking for anybody else who is willing to write threads in the same way.

I don't think there's anything wrong with short posts, in fact they are definitely more suitable depending on the kind of thread, especially fast moving threads, but that's not how I like to write myself. I know this isn't usual and I do feel a bit out of place, but it's worth a shot to ask around.

I spend roughly four to eight hours on a single post, so I won't be able to respond every day, but I try to make it worth the wait. I never do group threads or open threads, so I am specifically looking for one-on-ones. Writing a long, thorough post which is like a mini-story is a lot of fun once you really get into it. If you have RPed this way before, or you just want to give it a shot, please don't hesitate to sign up.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Malachi
Most (if not all) of the posts I did on Star Wars: Chaos were pretty lengthy.
I feel that lengthy posts add more realism and really conveys the picture to other parties involved. I find doing 1x1 easier because when you put time in your posts you don't have to worry about posts from other members "interrupting" your post if that makes sense.

I can write short/long posts but my preference is longer posts so that way I can illustrate scenarios and the senses in each post.

• Yay
Reactions: Malachi and Marzi
Wow, I am pleasantly surprised by the responses.

Vand Not off the top of my head. I was waiting to see who signed up before deciding on any specific plots. I like to write adventure and mystery with the use of magic as a plot point, since that's what my character does.

Here is a link to his page. Since Vand is also a bit wayward, I think he could be a cool companion for Vereshin.

Talathan Rook Me too! I have like three posts written up in google docs because I wasn't able to finish them in one night lmao. I'd be happy to RP with you and discuss details pertaining to a thread over DMs.

MylesWidogast I came from Chaos too! I ported over my character from there and revamped him for a fantasy setting, and I agree in full. I find it difficult to engage with a post if there's very little description. I am all about that imagery.

Again, happy to do a thread. My character is also a mage and a seeker of knowledge, so he should get along well with Myles.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Malachi and Ceit
Marf oh wow! Small world! I wrote as Myles Davorak on that site- gun for hire but with a moral code.

Doing a thread sounds fun indeed! I notice he is a Dark Mage and Myles could be tempted by the darker arts of magic. I foresee our paths crossing very soon friend!

• Yay
MylesWidogast

Yeah, my character was Vereshin, a Sith sorcerer, but I recently accepted the fact that his concept didn't work in Star Wars. When I tried to introduce aspects of science fiction into the character, the concept became diluted and strayed from what he was always meant to be. It took me a long time to realize that he belonged in Medieval fantasy, but what can I say, I don't like change, lmao.

Is Myles on Chronicles a new version of Myles on Chaos? Or are they entirely different characters? I thought I was the only one who wrote a character that I've had for years, instead of making a brand new one when I joined Chronicles.

Anyway, I'd be more than happy to have Vereshin introduce Myles to some edgy magic. Even if Myles would rather not get into darker stuff, Vereshin tends to be more kind towards mages who practice magic exclusively. Sorcies gotta stick together, y'know?

Do you prefer adventures with a lot of action, or more sedentary scenes, such as rituals? Although we could easily do both over the course of one thread.

Marf My character was completely different but I really like the name Myles for a fantasy setting so I kept it. Myles Davorak was a soldier for hire who had his own security company and was the acting Chief of Security for Queen Faith Organa on Alderaan.

Myles Widogast on here is just a scholar and aspiring mage. I may make my "original" character I play as (Drofdel Grimsköll) who was a Ranger and prefers to live in the wild.

I do maintain a set character for years and just adapt them as I can for different settings. I just wanted to do a different approach this time and Widogast is what I got as a result.

I am doing a thread right now with Maho Sparhawk on training for magic and whatnot so I am fine with doing action/sedentary scenes. I feel that a balance keep the thread interesting. I don't want my mage to fight fight fight, I want him to research and practice incantations etc. it makes things more lively :)

The way things are going, Myles would be fascinated with darker magicks if given the exposure.

• Yay