Dreadlords Far Flung

Threads open to all members of the Dreadlords group
Draven sighed heavily as the grimace on his remained, unmoved that hearing the distant crack of thunder as he turned to face its direction, the dark clouds were a distance away but the storm would be on them faster than they knew.

"stop your swabbing no point in it with this storm approaching. Everyone makes sure everything is tired down a above and below the decks, I'd rather not have to explain that you drowned because you were knocked overboard," Though he wouldn't be heartbroken if one of them did fall overboard "well keep sails open as long as possible, now get too!" he barked his orders, as he stayed at the helm keeping their course.

"You should kill them all and be done with ot. Better yet, let me out to play. It's been ages since I tasted flesh and bone. Meeeeercer, let me OUT."

The stoic girl made no acknowledgement to the hiss in her mind. He was restless, but he would settle. She was glad for the rain, a bit of guilt still in her stomach. She approached Zinnia quietly, she felt the worst when it came to the smaller girl getting punished.

"I'm sorry, that wasn't my intention." She didn't often apologize, but it felt necessary. She immediately turned on her heel and began to prep for the storm. Meiri was going to curse them at this point, but Mercer wanted to sink her teeth into someone or something just to release the anger she held.

She kept her steely eyes on her comrades as they worked. Nothing would happen to them. Not on her watch. The ship groaned loudly as the storm began to bring the waves, along with rain that bit the skin. Envigorating.

Hearing Mieri’s words, Aelita smiled and said, “Oh, thanks, Mieri!

And after Draven gave his orders, Aelita replied with, “Aye, aye!

And discarded the mop and bucket to go make sure everything is reasonably secure.

As the ship continued forward, the dark clouds around them continue to grow in numbers. The chop in the sea began to pick up.

Yet in the distance, a ship with its sails pulled up and anchor down could be just barely seen. An Anirian flag could seen flying on the mast.

However, no signs of life could be seen.

• Gasp
Reactions: Mieri and Zinnia
A smile flickered over towards Aelita. "Think nothing of it, Ensign!"

The Pugilist declared as she began to move once more.

[COL=rgb(226, 80, 65)]"Fate?"[/color] Mieri said, parroting Zinnia with a wide smirk as the rain began to patter down on their heads. "I'll make fate my bitch."

A mirthful laugh echoed from Mieri's lips, and she quickly bounced back and towards the Helm of the ship. Taking up position just left of Draven and hanging onto the railing. Her fingers moved to the cleats on the side of the ship, quickly adjusting the ropes there and ensuring the sails wouldn't catch the wind too harshly.

The soft pattering drizzle quickly turned to sobbing downpour. Soaking through the Dreadlord's clothes and flashes of lighting illuminated the darkened sky.

It was during one of those flickers of light that Mieri caught sight of the distant ships. Her lips thinning almost instantly as she reached back into her satchel. A spyglass flickered free, and she looked at Lumen for a brief moment, offering a wink before she brought the glass to her eye.

"Oi!" She called out to the others, nudging Draven in his side. "There's a ship there!"

Mieri said, squinting. "An Anirian one!"

What the hell was an Anirian ship doing all the way out here?

The swabbing of the deck petered to a slow halt. At least Zinnia didn't have to keep up this menial task. She got enough of that back at home. She put the mop back on its rack and trudged back to a spot on the deck where she'd be out of the way.

Mercer silently stalked towards her and Zinnia half wondered if she was about to get a thrashing from the much taller, noble girl. Instead, Zinnia was left slightly shocked when she received an apology instead.
"Oh, umm...it's n-no problem..." She stammered out. The fact that someone of status would deign to offer kindness to trash like her was...well, odd, but encouraging at least.

Meanwhile Mieri continued to chug away on her hype train. "Make fate her bitch?" It was like she was begging for something horrible to happen. By the rate the storm was building, the challenge of who was going to make who the bitch was likely approaching very rapidly. Wait, what was that about another ship?

Zinnia swept up beside Mieri and Aelita to look out; sure enough, there was a second vessel.
"S-seriously, we're just inv-viting trouble at this point!"

• Smug
Reactions: Aelita