Open Chronicles Eretejva... I've come to bargain!

A roleplay open for anyone to join
The Queen tipped a curious brow in Hugi 's direction as he claimed his seat, pondering just what the man would think of all this. Had he any experience in dealing with the undead while he roamed the summerlands as a Mercenary?

Aether grunted as he pulled a smoking pipe out from his layers of furs and set to work stuffing it with smoking herbs. He nodded in silent agreement to the words of Uyap.

"Bold words and veiled threats do not make a good start to peace and trade negotiations," Denma said as she retook her own seat, "I read your letter, as we all did," the Nordenfiir Councilwoman passed her gaze around the table at the others assembled before turning her stare upon Steve, "you start a trade and peace treaty with bringing your goods to the table. We've yet to see any reason to make peace with you and your lot aside from threats and Sir," the woman growled, "that is a terrible way to make friends with the Northern folk."

• Cheer
  • Yay
Reactions: Hugi and TTamark
Steve looked a t Denma, his head slightly tilted, confusion plain on his face,

"Bold words are just ones that have not been filtered till you can't tell what they should mean. As for you accusations of threats?! And veiled ones at that? Forgive me for not understanding your ways of thinking. I have been doing my best to be honest, and to the point with all of you. I am not here to threaten you, but warn of a threat. I have tried my best to make known the fact that if you decide that undead must be killed for being alive, or whatever other reason you might have for declaring war, that it would not be a good war to fight. I will not deny that if you all worked together you very likely would be able to remove them from the north, but what I want to make sure you also know is that the price of doing so is not worth it. Is it a veiled threat when I am out right trying to say if you attack us we will attack you. It is a warning given from those who do not wish to be attacked, to those who they think will attack.

Forgive me if me bringing up such matters is rude, or does not put my best foot forward, but when you are advocating for the undead the first issue that always seems to have risen in the past is why on Arethil should they not be destroyed: Because either you succeed and have killed far too many of your once allies, or you lose and now have become what you hate. I do not stand here saying cooperate or be destroyed, I do not wish to threaten, or desire to be that kind of force in the world. I have come to you ask you humbly to look past the fact we are undead, we are necromancers, or that we do not shy from forbidden magics.

I'm sorry it's just... I... I don't understand why you think I called you all here. What benefit would I gain from calling you all here so you could work together? If all I feared was attack there are much, much better ways of handling it than uniting people against us. How can you not see that I am only here trying to help you? Has it crossed your mind that I might just not want people to die in a stupid war from my nation or another?
You wish to see my goods fine, but let me make it clear, that the most valuable good I offer, and desire to receive is peace!

The stew, for those of you smart enough to tell that if I wanted to kill you there were better ways than poisoning stew which I made as I walked through your capital, I am sure you can feel it working. You can feel yourself full of energy, and any minor abrasions already being mended. Maybe an old battle wound no longer is there, maybe the pain in you back has sorted itself out. This stew with many witnesses was made in the time it took me to walk through your capital. I believe that one of the most important/valuable things to start is proper education. That is why I wish to open a college in my nation. If there is on thing we do not lack it is intellectuals skilled in magic. Surely you can see how this can be a boon for you.

What do we really want then: land. We do not wish to merely take it from you however. No I intend to pay you back for the land you allow us. We do not even ask for land on the mainland, what we wish to purchase is this south western island.

You must forgive me if I am bad at making friends, but I don't know how, nor have the time to impress you with pretty words and vague promises, you will get my bold truth and you can take it or leave it. I feel like my actions have and will say more about our friendship than words anyways."

"Then perhaps you were not the best person to send as an emis-" Denma began.

"Enough," the Queen finally spoke, "that is quite enough."

Whether the others assembled not of her own nation decided against it being enough was their own choice to make, but the Nordenfiir in attendance knew better than to speak up against her. If they didn't, then they would learn quickly.

"You will not be purchasing any lands for your ...people, Master Wilson," Maude began, voice level and clear, "because the lands you seek are owned by none other than those who succeed in surviving them. I will not agree to peace and trade at this time. Peace and trade are for nations who have found value in one another through respectful relations - not through a single meeting. However, as Dott'rhi of Nordengaard, I will extend to your people a pact of non-aggression, so that we may see what the future brings. No Nordenfiir answering to my rule and living in my empire will seek to move against yours, if yours agree to maintain the same."

There was clear tension at this proclamation from her own people, and likely from those not of her kind in the room.

But Maude looked to no one else but Steve, brows raising just slightly, "That is my final decision. If you assent, I will draw up an an official pact for you to take to your leader. If any leaders here wish to join in this pact, they may sign it as well. Those who choose otherwise can handle their own affairs, Nordengaard protects its own."

Last edited:
"This is acceptable, I hope that this will be only the beginning of something greater. I will rush back to pass along the news."

Steve stood up, and clapped his hands together. This may have not been perfect, but it seemed like things at the very least worked out in an acceptable way.

Under his breath he whispered a thank you that was carried through the wind so only the queen could hear.

Before it reached her though Steve had already began asking around for where he could find the raven he had sent, and packing up his stuff for a quick departure.

• Yay
Reactions: Sannoru
The expression on the nocturnal elves had grown grimmer by the minute. They began to whisper among each other, and not just the three, with the entire assembly. Some in speech, others with their hand motions. Kaskil eventually looked at Steve after Queen Maude had finished.
"We are not prepared to offer an alliance in any capacity, nor would the other tribes that wander Eretejva."
Kaskil briefly glanced over the rest of his tribesmen.
"But I do not speak for them all, yet their lack of presence should prove that well enough. If this horde you speak of will not harm us, then we will not interfere with them."

• Yay
Reactions: TTamark