Suggestion Empower Group Leaders in Discord

Kasim Areth

The Prodigal Son
Character Biography
Link
Pretty simple suggestion; discord has the ability to let users moderate individual sub channels.

Pick one or two persons per group give them mod abilities in their specific channel so they don't need a staff member to pin and organize important resources information for their groups.

This will allow for easier planning, character creation, answering of questions, etc and will reduce the need for staff interference in individual groups.

I'm going to have a look and see if I can delegate further with a bot. Currently "Manage Messages" permits pinning, but also the deletion of any message in a channel

Manage messages permission is not being handed out sorry!

The bots I've reviewed so far are not particularly useful.

For now you'll need to continue asking staff for pins

Last edited:
I don't really see why it matters if there's a bot. A sub group of users can be made with minimal permissions allotted to them that allow them to manage messages. Most featured groups are run by long standing members of the community and are more than capable of being able to simply pin and unpin things, and should be trusted to not delete things. They also still wouldn't be able to delete admin messages if set up correctly...

Most featured groups are run by long standing members of the community and are more than capable of being able to simply pin and unpin things, and should be trusted to not delete things.
100% right now I would trust these members.

However, the principal is that anyone can join, make and active group and become featured. It is not that case that I trust anyone to be able to delete any message in a channel and I don't want to be in a place where this is provided to some but not all featured group leaders.

I the meantine, I can allow people group members to add their own threads to the new featured threads scroller on the homepage?

I personally don't see the featured threads as very helpful. If I was new I would think these were open threads for anyone not faction threads until I clicked on them and only then if I noted the tag as such. We also tend to have 3+ faction threads running per group at any one time which will just turn it into a messy loop of threads. It's organising the information that would be more helpful which is still easier to do in discord.

Last edited: