Private Tales Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
The beach? Raphael wondered if she had ever looked at him before. His expression, his frame, how he dressed... it did not scream beach. Kress was she going to make him wear a shirt with palm leaves on it? The thought was panic inducing. He begun to chew a little nervously. He supposed he could shapeshift into a human. What would she find appealing? He thought of how many women threw themselves at Lorcan and wondered if that was what women thought was beautiful. He certainly would have to... practise the right look.

"Where I go to holiday doesn't have a beach," he said as he chewed round a bone. "But it does have these beautiful large lakes, and trees that always look as though they're in blossom. It's very beautiful." He just had to get Lorcan to agree to let him bring her.

Samara noticed that he chewed a little quicker and she snickered to herself. She was starting to catch on to some of his nervous habits and she thought they were all adorable. She smuggly took another bite of rabbit.

"I can substitute a beautiful lake for the beach. Honestly, I just need water and sun... And you." She almost whispered the last two words.

She smiled at the thought of more days with Raphael by the water and it made her happier than she thought possible.

"You'll learn that I have some traits that carry over into this form. My love of water, laying in front of a fire..." She paused slightly embarrassed, "and my weird obsession with small woodland creatures..."

She tore a big chunk of meat off the rabbit and smiled sheepishly. "Eating like an animal sometimes happens too."

• Haha
Reactions: Raphael
At that, Raphael couldn't help but laugh. Not just a small chuckle but a deep-chested, full and rich sounding thing. Then, to soothe any nerves he might have touched by doing so, he gently brushed his wing across her back and rested it there like a comforting arm.

"I'll bring a ball next time," he said solemnly then cracked a crooked grin at her. "I don't mind any of that Samara. I.. like spending time with you. How you are," the grin faded to a shy smile before he turned his gaze back to the rabbit in his hands which he then took another bite of.

"I just hope I don't become too much of a bore for you."

Samara looked at Raphael as he laughed and a huge smile spread across her lips. He had a beautiful laugh and she wanted to hear more of it. His wing touched her back and she also wanted more of that. She liked when he touched her...even if it was just his wing.

She blushed when he mentioned that he liked spending time with her. They were both so awkward sometimes. It was adorable and frustrating at the same time.

"You don't bore me, Raphael. You frustrate me a little, but you do not bore. I really enjoy spending time with you as well. How you are," she added the last part so he understood that she liked him for him.

She took another bite and chewed it slowly. It was quite for a little bit as they both ate in silence. "What do you wanna do once we are done eating?"

• Thoughtful
Samara could have smacked him over the head with an iron bar that said the exact same thing and he still wouldn't be able to grasp that she meant it. But he smiled all the same in what he hoped was a nice way, a thankful way, and went back to eating. As long as she continued to stay the puca would just take every visit as another blessing by Luck herself. The next question gave him some more pause and he looked up at the sky. They had been here for nearly the full day and the sun was heading towards the tops of the trees signalling dusk approached. He had thought to travel this night to Endora to start his holidays and he swallowed at the sudden... reluctance.

"I... do have to get back soon," he admitted. "But I'll be seeing Lorcan soon and I can... I can ask and come back for you in a few days?" the lilt at the end turned it into a question.

Samara was sad that their day would be ending soon, but she was excited at the prospect of going away with him. She just hoped that Lorcan would let her come. She just wanted to be with Raphael and if being around his brothers put him more at ease then she would go with him in a heartbeat.

"I would like that very much, Raphael. I hope that Lorcan allows me to come..."
her voice trailed off as she took another bite of rabbit. She had almost finished the whole rabbit at this point and she kind of wanted to slow down her chewing. That was unfair though.

"I am glad you like spending time with me. It makes me happy when others are happy." Such a weird thing for a murderer to say. She literally ended lives at work and strived to make lives better outside of it. She had accepted long ago that she was a strange one.

• Cthuulove
Raphael seemed to catch the sense of irony she had after reflecting on her words for he smiled and said, "I understand," with great sincerity. His line of work usually attracted people who were cruel and hateful. Torturing another living being gave their twisted souls an odd sense of glee and a way to let that out in a controlled and 'healthier' environment. But Raphael was not like his colleagues.

"I've had a really nice day, Samara," he said as he set down his picked clean carcass then begun to toss the little bones into the fire. It spark and hissed as lingering fat was caught. "Thank you for dragging me out here."