Private Tales Deep and Dark and Dangerous

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"You have a funny way of showing your lack of concern," Garrod said with a sharp crook in the corner of his lips, and he kept on marching up the staircase, and listened to Luella as she spoke.

Though he wondered, if she had no concern for the matters of mere mortals, than what was she doing in a place like this? Just some far off village, lost amongst the stony peaks of the spine. Surely, the Fae had their own affairs that kept them busy.

Her next words disturbed his silence. A stone with magick so strange that a Fae found it peculiar.

I told you, oh bearer mine, that it was mine own cousin locked away in that prism. Belephus laughed, as he so often did, a throaty hiss that crept into every bit of the man who wore him. But you go on, choosing to ignore me. Anger crept there in those last few words. Oh well. He said, sing song.

Garrod's brows pinched together, a deep displeasure there on his face. But on he marched. Luella said more.

"Fae language?" Garrod parroted as he stopped in his tracks, and peered back at the woman with the lavender eyes and the enchanting voice.

Yes, quite curious, isn't it, my boy? A fae appears, and now we find my sweet cos, trapped in a gem inscribed by... that is right, by the fae. The demon's voice was smoke, curling in the recess of the swordsman's mind, dark save for the bright of a licking flame, hiding there in the billowing mass that did obscure all sight. In or out.

Teeth bared through curled lips, and the look on Garrod's face was one of annoyance, which bubbled and boiled towards rage. The warm glow of the guiding light only added to his sinister expression. He turned away from Luella, with a quick snap of forward, and he kept on his march, sword a light with the glowing fire's light.

"Garrod," came her voice once more, firm and strong and captivating. "I don't plan on leaving until I find whoever is responsible."

Garrod paused his ascent. Looked back to her with his one green eye, and nodded. "I'll be with you till we find the answers, Luella," there was a softness in his voice, a tender hurt as he dealt with the demon's whispers.

When they reached the top of the spiraled steps, and saw the entrance of their dark descent, the light changed some. Silver of the moon poured in through windows and cracks in stone, even an oculus that showed the bright white stars burning on high across the dark firmament of night.

"No screamin, at least," Garrod said as he marched back to where they had fought the initial horde of horrors, and where the villagers were safed away. Still, he worried for Marlo and Thomas, the pair of urchins he had made friends with in the days he had spent in this small town.

What did he miss, he went on wondering. What could he have seen in those days that lead to this?

Pumpkins, gourds. Strangers come to town selling pies and tarts.

Why don't we ask Jeffery? Belephus teased.

Garrod cast his eye back at the tall Duanann warrior. "Soma, was it?" he asked, feeling the word on his tongue. Soma sounded nothing like Jeffery. "Makes me think of a tree, or a branch," he said quizzically, and turned his eye forward. "Soma..." he repeated as his boots fell against the stone, and they moved through the temple. Was it really another demon in a jewel?

Why don't you let me have a talk with him, hmm? I can tell you all you wish to know, oh bearer mine.

"Somehow I doubt that," Garrod muttered to himself.

Belephus laughed a laugh that was sweet with its cruelty.

• Bless
Reactions: Zaire
Luella wasn’t hesitant because she feared Garrod, perhaps it was her arrogance or perhaps the fact that she was sure he was much more level headed than she was, but she was hesitant for another reason. If a fae was involved, she would have to decide how to proceed on a political level. Fae politics, at least to Luella, was indeed tiring. While mortal affairs often struck her as insecure, fae politics lasted centuries, if not millennia and were often so convoluted that she found it better to ignore it all and move forward. At least for now.

“Then we are partners, for now,” Luella said with much determination. Despite finding most mortals insufferable, Garrod had more than proved his worth to her. Despite his few blunders, his swordsmanship shouldn’t be scoffed at and his magical abilities was on her level. Which wasn’t saying much, Luella hardly focused on her affinities— although now she might. “Soma is an interesting word,” she continued, not quite certain of Garrod’s pauses being from anything except contemplation. After all, how was she to know that there was another voice inside Garrod’s head?

“If you think of what Soma represents, yes, perhaps tree branches,” she concluded, using her millennia to aid her in how things translated in the mortal language. “But in iza, soma is different, I would say. Perhaps it can be considered to be… something to be controlled. Not an active participant in choice but able to handle all the functions in being kept alive. Something greater controls it.” She paused, looking at Garrod with a raise brow as he said ‘somehow I doubt that.’ Was he doubting her? A fae? Not just a fae, but a duanann, and not just any duanann, but one from the 50 house of duanann? Luella had to remind herself that despite Garrod’s many accomplishments and respectable attributes he was human— or somewhat human. How was he supposed to know her lineage?

“You doubt that?” The words flew out of her mouth despite the fact that she had come to the conclusion that of course Garrod couldn’t understand the grandeur that was unique to the fae and the fae alone. “Tell me then, mortal swordsman, if you know iza so well, why not explain to me what this all means?” She stopped walking, her hands on her hips as she glowered at Garrod. She was offended of course, after all, she had shared such information for him and he was practically calling her a liar! Didn’t he know fae couldn’t lie?

Garrod Arlette

• Haha
Reactions: Garrod Arlette
Luella's words struck him like a slap across the face, his head shook, small and aback as his eye widened and took the sight of her in. He blinked at the sound of mortal, all but thrown at him like a shard meant to hurt.

"Um," he blinked again, and set his weight back and he re-adjusted the fingers wrapped around his sword's grip.

Belephus, said nothing, but Garrod could feel the fiend there in the darkness of his mind. Could see the smile, a sick and pale green that burned a thin trace across the shadow of that space within his deepest thoughts.

He wanted to snarl. Wanted to curse the demon then and there for inconveniencing him so, but what sort of sight would that be to this most keen eyed fae. The moment between them grew long, too long for comfort. So he threw his own words out.

"Maybe it is a demon?" He said, unsure of his own suggestion.

Belephus laughed, cruel and through the teeth Garrod was sure he had.

"Some sort of entity, bound to the gem?" He cast his eye away, and stood there before her still. "I, I apologize, I did not mean to doubt you." But he would not tell her of his own secrets yet.

• Smug
At least he had the sense to apologize. Not only was Luella a haughty creature by birth, technically descended from a line of nobility, and of course, she was extremely stubborn. If Garrod hadn’t apologized than he would have been met with all of Luella’s querulous petulance of a teenager telling their mother that “it’s not just a phase!” But he did, so while Luella’s features didn’t soften, her stance did loosen up. With a nod of her head, she proceeded to walk again, realizing just how many stairs they had descended.

A demon would be an interesting prospect, to bind it to a gem would require quite a bit of magick, correct?” Magick and spells wasn’t something Luella was the most versed in, at least when compared to many other fae. Her knowledge was rather basic, however, even she could understand that demons were powerful creatures and it required knowledge and much magical aptitude to do such a thing. Besides, the thing they had just fought was no joke.

They were now in the main hall, the air far fresher than it had been below. Luella hadn’t realized how stale everything down there was, and took a deep breath, holding the air in her chest before finally releasing it. She motioned for Garrod to follow her and strode outside completely, seeing the surviving townsfolk… well, there was hardly any of them now. Only a handful of children and young adults, huddled into each other, trying to protect the younger ones in the center.

What happened?” Luella shouted, running over to the group, completely forgetting her glamour and letting her lilac eyes blaze with fury. “Where is everyone else?” It was Marlo and Thomas that spoke up first much to Luella’s chagrin— could these adults do nothing?

“They appeared from over there,” the younger brother mumbled, pointing at a large hole in the ground. “Monsters. Really scary monsters. They grabbed people and went back inside.”

Garrod Arlette

Garrod cleared his throat. Glad the initial crisis had been averted. "A large amount, yes," he agreed with her assessment. While no college trained mage, or warlock's disciple, Garrod had learned more than a thing or two about magic. First from his mentor, drunken spellsword that he was, and second from his own investigations and studies. "That, or a highly skilled practitioner, in either case, it would require some sort of dark ritual to seal the entity, and further work to ensure the seal is stable and will not corrupt through the artifact,"

Belephus laughed. Yes, unstable sounds just like my dear old coz. Careful now, Garrod, she may think you a demonologist if you keep this up. A long fit of laughter echoed in Garrod's mind.

As they moved deeper into the inner sanctum, Garrod hung close behind Luella, noticing how quiet it all was. WIth the number of people they had left behind, there should have been more noises. Whimpering, breathing, crying. The sounds of people hunkered down trying to make it through a horrible situation. This... this was too quiet. Luella rushed forward, alarm clear in her voice.

Red hot anger burned down in the pit of his chest. He could feel his fingers tighten around the hilt of his sword, his muscles stiffen. More monsters, more dead villagers. He let out a long breath, and turned his eye toward the hole which the child had pointed to.

Thin trails of blood traced their way across the stone floor, as if if something had dragged someone across it. Claws or teeth used to punch through flesh and take hold. Garrod stepped slowly toward the hole. Boot fall after boot fall echoed out in the thick silence that hung around them.

Clicks and chitters came from the dark depth of the hole. Insect like. Bone against bone. Garrod heard it louder and louder with each step he took forward. His heart pounded faster, his blood pumped fuller and he could feel it all in his head. Felt it in his hands as they loosened around his sword, and he readied for what was to come. Another step forward. The sound of his his heel come hard against the stone.

A yowl, a stuttered yelp and yip as claws raked across dirt and stone and came out of that hole. Garrod growled and thrust down his sword, its point come hard against the floor with a clang, but the creature was quick and it leapt out of its hole like a flee, made of flesh and bone, twisted and mangled and mishappen as it crawled around on all four of its flesh stringy limbs, head turned unnatural angles as it clattered and clacked around Garrod who raised his blade and sept back. It skittered toward him, raked at his legs with long fingered claws that pinged against armor, but scraped through leather too.

Another swing, wide and across, but the monster leapt back, imppossibly quick as it latched onto the wall and clattered its teeth.

From the tunnel came the sound of more.

"Fuck!" Garrod, cried out, and set back into his stance. He controlled his breath and held his sword between he and his foe, length long and pointed at the enemy. He was sure to position himself between the hole, the monster and the children. "It's too fast for me in a space like this," Garrod spat quick. "I'll cover your flank, and ready a spell, there another one to our right!" he thrust his sword out, and the creature's flesh was sliced through. It yowled and hissed and hopped back and away. The wound too shallow to bring it low.

Both monsters crawled about, skittered too and froe, small unnatural movements that were hard to track in the low light.

"They are smarter," Garrod growled.

• Nervous
They were supposed to rest for a moment, get some information, make sure everyone was okay and then create a plan of attack. Luella should’ve known better. Something that had stuck with her in her time at the most horrendous of all the fae courts, Night Court, was a harsh saying. Every day you grow stronger so does your enemy. Sometimes one could not rest. Like now. It became abundantly clear at that moment to Luella that this situation would require her absolute all. It was time to prove herself. It was time to do all she could to figure out why exactly there was a demon sealed in a stone and labeled in iza. It was time to figure out what this massive temple represented for such a no-name town, and why they were being targeted until no one was left. What was going on?

Luella looked at the townspeople, wishing she could give some sort of advice. Where was safe? She sighed, shoulders slumping at the decision before her. “Head back into the town and barricade yourself in a building. Hide together as quietly as you can. I believe the center is this temple.” She hoped she was right, she hoped that no more would die. If she could she would personally protect all of them, but then Garrod would be alone. Speaking of Garrod, she looked over her shoulder to see him heading towards the protrusion from the ground. She looked back at the two dozen or so of townsfolk left, absently wondering if it was even a good idea to let them try and survive. Their lives were forever changed now. Was living worth it?

She knew the answer, which was why she began to shoo them off, hoping for the absolute best and all the safety in the world for them. With a look of determination she then went off to follow Garrod’s lead, and soon felt dread overcome her. Her claymore was massive, six feet long. This upcoming space was quite small, at least when it came to height and width as it’s depth was unknown. While it was decently wide, Luella wasn’t sure how useful she was going to be, and it frightened her. She swallowed that quell of fear, focusing instead of the anger and confusion, and unsheathed her claymore, knowing that her range of motion was going to be severely limited the moment she would have to step inside.

It was Garrod’s cry that caused her to dash forward, her dark vision proving to be incredibly useful in this situation as she saw his form and saw what he was battling. It wasn’t the same as before. These things could actually move like creatures, deadly creatures at that. The bones sticking out from their head and backs providing some defense against their swords, but they were also nimble.

I can hold them off if you need time,” she shouted, interfering with one creature as they both leaped at Garrod. With a grunt and a flourish of her blade, she kicked the creature back, her back briefly against Garrod’s. Unfortunately she had separated them from each other, but she felt it would be much better to keep things separate for the time being, if only because she needed to give Garrod time. Once again Luella was reminded of just how much more she’d need to implement her magical affinities, she was most definitely lacking in that department.

Garrod Arlette

• Ctuhlu senpai
Magick drain. The enemy of all magick users. Fatigue, heavy and obtrusive, seemed to set into each limb and each joint of Garrod's body as he tried to will more of the elemental power of his magick into being, into a shape or a form or an expression now that would help them. But their battle below had already sapped him of much of his natural reserves, and his connection to the flow of magick was thin in this place. Thin after all the burning he had done to get them this far. To protect the villagers who only went on dying to these... things.

Come now, my boy, you know the answer to this problem. You have done it once before.
The demon in the jewel of his gauntlet rumbled low and smokey and gleeful in its cruelty. Do you not remember? That day you lost your eye.

Luella bat away one of the creatures, pressed her frame against his as the horrors skulked and crept and dashed around them. Then she was gone.

Alone, he stood with his sword held between his hands. The bones in his fingers ached, his knuckles felt ready to pop.

Slow. Breath. Steady.

Magick gathered to him as the monsters shrieked and Luella twirled and whirled and flashed her steel in this cramped space. The dim-light of the room flashed across the length of her weapon, caught in the shine of her lavender eyes and platinum tresses.

Breath. Focus. Center yourself.

The more he focused, the heavier he felt. His lips uttered an ancient cant. "Come flame of the stars, come fire of day, come through me, oh burn, and my foes do slay!" With his gauntleted hand, he stabbed his dagger point finger tips into the flesh of his leg, raked and drew his own blood. He shouted, and traced the blood along the length of his sword, which sparked and embered and did ignite in a roar of golden flame.

You'd take your own blood, oh bearer mine? Instead of let me run a little free? How cruel you are. Always so cruel.

He had to time it right. He wouldn't have another shot like this. His eye tracked the monsters as best it could, gold and red light swirled around the room as it poured off of his sword so wreathed in fire, and the creatures seemed struck by the burning light itself, screeches left their bony mouths, and their strange horns and spikes did quiver and quake as they fought Luella.

Focus. Keep your breath.

One screeched with fury and turned its eyeless head toward Garrod, snapped its jaws once, twice and raced over to him, zig and zag as it crawled with its distorted limbs.

Magick fire licked and hissed and ran long along Garrod's magicked sword, whose Nord runes burned a molten gold. How heavy it felt in his hand. How weak he felt through it all.

Only because you do not let me help you, Garrod. Belephus said sweetly. But his voice grew dark and hot and angry. Only because your pride does not accept what I have to offer you, oh bearer mine.

The creature leapt at Garrod. Claws and horns looking to end him. And he thrust his blade forward, tip pointed at its chest, and the steel bit into flesh, and the long length of the monster-slaying sword ran through the creature, all sizzle and spark as the flames devoured its fetid flesh. But the fire did not stop there.

With a pulse of his arcane will, Garrod sent the fire forward, shot in a bolt of searing flame that burned across the dark room and scorched the side of the second beast.

It was not a direct hit, but the beast did yowl, and its flesh did sizzle and steam as some flames did eat away at it, little by little.

Exhausted, Garrod fell to a knee, stabbing his sword down in the ground to rest as he pant and bled before the still dying corpse of the fiend that was roasted and cooked before him.

• Cry
Perhaps it was because she was being so filled with magick that she couldn’t understand Garrod had a limit that was far beneath her own. Despite not wanting to admit it, her two little stunts had only taken up about one-tenth of her magick. The duanann would have laughed at this, but for those who were not fae, and especially not high fae, her magick must have seemed great. The endurance she had with it was remarkable, especially because she preferred not to rely solely on magick.

But then there was Garrod. He had exerted himself too much and Luella was too headstrong to notice it until it was too late— specifically when he had fallen to one knee. While he had taken care of one monster, she too had focused on one. Seeing as how these things were far wiser than those before them, and the room did confine Luella’s movements greatly especially with her large claymore— she cursed herself for not bringing along her haladie swords which would’ve been perfect right now— she had to be a little more on the extreme side.

Her sword skills were no joke, but these creatures were faster and the spikes along them forced her needing to be very exact with her sword because if she wasn’t she could feel her blade get caught in them. Not to mention that with the speed, because their bodies had actually developed completely unlike the gory blobs of flesh from early, there was strength in their exposed sinews. Not being the best at magick but needing to use it to finish this fight before more somehow showed up, Luella’s swordsmanship did dip as she trained her focus in other things.

They were small, but effective. The ground beneath the snarling creature’s feet softened tremendously and everytime the thing leapt at her, a strong gust of wind would blow it off course as Luella pivoted to only swing her blade hack at the thing’s neck. Her plan was simple, and maybe took a bit too much of time, but it was still effective. She repeated this as best as she could, continuing to chop down on the vile creature’s neck until finally it stopped moving, laying on the ground pathetically as Luella delivered the last and final swing. Oh how she wished she had a guillotine.

Garrod?” Luella called over to the kneeling man, not sheathing her sword as she jogged over to him. Worry was on her face. He didn’t look good. “You don’t look well.” She paused. Probably not the best thing to say, seemed quite insensitive of her to do so. However, it was a true statement. She frowned then, kneeling down next to him. “You’ve depleted too much magick. I can…” she paused once again. “I’m sure you’ve heard of warlocks. I have no interest in that. But I can give you temporary aid, give you some of mind. My reservoirs are much deeper than they seem.” She admitted sheepishly. She wanted to make sure that she had Garrod’s consent. After all, fae were known to be tricky, but right now she was being quite genuine.

Garrod Arlette

• Cthuulove
Breath came in heavy pulls, lungs filled with the weight of exhaustion. The smell of corruption burned and bubbled, seared the inside of his airways.

Concern was voiced by Luella, he glanced up at her with a crook in his lips. "Just a little drained is a ll," he played through a pain filled smile. But she did not, she offered him aid, offered him her own magic. He gripped his sword all the tighter, leaned his weight against it as he tried to will himself up to his feet. He trembled, and shook but managed to make it up with a groan and a grunt.

Pant after slow pant, he contemplated the offer in pain filled silence. What would happen if she gave him some of her own magick? If she shared the well of her strength? Would she see into his own? Would she find the tainted trail of Belephus, that so twisted into his own magical pool? And even then, could she not enchant him? Put him under her spell, mark him, and bewitch him or some other Fae trickery?

Questions, many and more raced through his mind in that silent moment. He turned his eye on her, the dying fires that still clung to and crisped the motes of fiend flesh burned as golden flecks there in the green of his gaze. "Luella," he began with some effort, his expression grim.

You would tell her? Belephus replied, humored.

"I-"

If you tell her, who is to say what she will do, oh bearer mine.

"There is- "

Think. The demon's voice grew hot. Grew angry. My power is yours, dear bearer mine, I am what keeps his grasp from reaching you. Yet, you risk losing my protection by telling her. She will know if you let her help you.

He shut his eye, his head fell and he tried to clear his mind. Form the words. I carry a demon, he wanted to spit out, like some pile of sick. "In the gauntlet, I wear, there is an entity. I carry it for reasons I am not prepared to tell you," it all came fast now, and Belephus cackled madly in his mind. "If I let you," he opened his eye and looked up at her, green fire in his stare. "If you give me your magick, I, I do not know how it will react." I am bound to it.

• Thoughtful
Luella moved her hands as if she were going to help Garrod stand up, but stopped halfway there. Personally she would have headbutted whoever tried to help her, and although Garrod didn’t seem as irascible as her, she felt it was better to allow him to stand on his own. She was quiet as he spoke, only raising a pale brow.

The entity is what gives you your abilities?” She questioned. The subject of demons or monsters didn’t bother her. Luella herself would use whatever tools available to her if it meant that she would get a substantial boon. She’d quickly curse herself and sell her soul to the highest bidder if it meant she’d have more power than she did now.

I can’t lie. No fae can. I do not seek to trick you.” She spoke plainly, to further prove her genuine intentions. “I will lend my magick to you so we can defeat our foe. We both want to make it out alive, we may as well utilize our best abilities.” Luella held out her hand, it was up to Garrod whether he wanted to shake it or not. But the deal had to be agreed upon or disagreed upon either way. It was a simple one, she could help refuel Garrod’s magick so hopefully he wouldn’t need to harm himself again. It could be once or twice that she’d aid him in this regard, and she dearly hope that they wouldn’t come across another massive monster that would drain them so completely.

Garrod Arlette

"No ability I've used so far," he said, strained as he stood upon his own two feet. He kept his eye fixed on her as he drew in long and hungry breaths. "It is a treacherous thing, not to be used lightly," he dared not look down at the pale jewel which gleamed, its light only a misdirection, a hint, no, a lure fore its bottomless appetite.

Luella pressed on with her offer, her words clear, her expression true. She reached out to him, a hand that promised power, brief, but beyond his own. Beyond Belephus.

Garrod reached out in turn and took her hand into his own, they slipped into each other's lines and crevices and warmth passed between their fleshy pads, even through the worn leather of his glove. The swordsman blinked, half his weight still on his sword-turned-crutch. "Is that it?" He asked, almost disappointed. He smiled small with a laugh to match. "I don't know why but I thought my soul would be ripped out of me-"

It hit him. The ancient lines of ley and that immortal magick that was part of all fae. He felt it pass through him. Into him. An essence hot and cold, bright and dark, quick as lightning and slow as the earth. It was but the space of half a breath, before his lungs could pull in all the air they need. It was Luella, raw and powerful and without form, and she poured into him, her magick, her power. And in that space and time between the rise and fall of chest, all the stars in the sky shined before him and all the leaves of of all the trees rustled in his ears.

But. Before Garrod's pact was done, before he was made Warlock, temporary as the deal be, there was Belephus, there in the core of the mortal's shell. A thing that looked like Garrod, yes, just as tall, just as wide. It wore no armor, no clothes, but its shape solid in one moment, shimmered and turned wisp the next. It was all shadow and eerie dead light that went blue and green and pale as the full moon on the coldest winter night.

"You dare?" The entity that wore a mockery of Garrod's face asked Luella, amusement in its whipcord tone. "You dare and claim what is mine?" It asked again, and snarled sharp and ghastly with teeth long as knives. Its lips curled up in a smile too wide, and its one eye, left to Garrod's right, burned in pale green flame. "Daughter of the Duanann," the thing that took Garrod's shape began again, as it hunched forward, like a hungry beast, its long fingers curled and clutched at its side. "You trifle with something greater than you understand," it grasped and flexed, fingers that had claws.

Last edited:
Despite Luella being 3,223 years old, she had never created a warlock pact. She had done her fair share of fae deals, promises that could never be broken or compromises that made both sides rather gruff. That being said, she was aware of how the action was done but she didn’t know what would take place.

She also had no idea that while she would feel drained, could feel the magick flow from her into another vessel that she would come across that demon Garrod had mentioned before.

She was holding her breath as the transaction took place, only to find herself in a realm of consciousness that was not her own. Garrod’s? Or that thing pretending to be Garrod? She narrowed her lavender eyes at the doppelgänger and barked out a laugh. Oh, a challenge? Of course she dared, she always would, and it didn’t matter if the thing before her was stronger than her or not.

What a shame,” Luella shot back, a wolfish grin appearing on her fair features to only turn her face ugly and frightening. “If only you were stronger I am sure he wouldn’t have agreed to take my help.” Her hand moved to grasp her claymore, eyes still narrowed in a glare at the shape before her.

Shall we prove it here that I hold the stronger magick?” She challenged, really not understanding what she was getting herself into. But that seed of arrogance planted in Luella’s heart from centuries of loneliness refused to let her see the danger she was placing her, and possibly Garrod, into.

Garrod Arlette

• Devil
A laugh, deep and hot burned through the space between them, it was a sound that ate at the ear, a sound that ensnared and engulfed and devoured. "If only I were stronger," he mocked, and stood in silence with his twisted grin, long teeth bared, and green eye glared. "Maybe you are right," the demonic shade allowed, and he ignored the Duanan's first call for challenge. "Perhaps it is I who is too weak," he said the last word with a sweetness that sounded of poisons and corruptions, tempting as a chalice full of honey wine.

"You wish to wave your sword at me, child, bright steel forged by your timeless kind, but know that you face one far older still than the very roots of your court," In the space they occupied, Belephus reigned. His gaze, strange and pale and of a sickly green growth, would sap the very energy out from the being who beheld it.

Should the gaze be unbroken, Luella would feel her energies wane, little by little, feeding the entity which held its form before her. Should she hold, she would help it take root in that realm of the mortal's hidden mind, for Belephus was indeed weak still in that place. He was but a shard of his true self, a seed still yet to take full root.