Private Tales Coasting Along

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"No. My father is not a wolf. I am the only one in my family that has ever had this curse, or at least the only one to my knowledge. I was turned back when I was a guard. It was my last assignment in fact. The entire patrol I was apart of to investigate an incident at this town was slaughtered by a pack. Seems we were lured into a trap. But the pack was also wiped out. I was the only one to survive yet also was cursed. So I suppose you could say I am the only survivor of both parties. I left after that knowing being a part of the guard and a werewolf at the same time would get be caught. Alliria is tolerant of many things but werewolves are not one of them. Burned, impaled, beheaded publicly. I can not say how being found out would see my end but it would bloody and public." Acteon responded to Ana's questions. "My father does not know what I am either. Best if he remains ignorant for now. Not sure how he would handle the knowledge, although I know he would not reveal me."

The conversation turned after towards the ship wreck and the reasons for it. It was a tale of revenge and one he could empathize with. While not to heights his own desire for vengeance burned, she clearly had a similar drive within her. Another aspect of them that was far too similar. Acteon did not know if he should like it or be afraid. He knew how much of a monster he was, and this was not even taking into account his curse. Did she just feel apathy mostly for others as well or did she truly contain a human heart?

Acteon looked to Andromeda Barbarossa and smiled to her. "Vengeance is something I can support, although you might have gone a tad too far. No need to attempt to drown your handsome new friend that stirs all the desires within your heart as well after all. Perhaps a bit more planning next time?"

The Alliran smirked impishly at the siren. If his words did not make the teasing clear enough then that action did. He continued on soon enough. "I do not see you as my possession Ana. Be foolish to. I did not pay for you after all. How could you be my property if no coin or payment was exchanged?" He smirked at her once more.

"And as for feeling entitled to you, that would imply you owed me something. I would never assume your body and heart are ever owed me. Aid in escaping an island you put me on yes but owed a night of passion no. Even sillier if a smile and a bit of attention did the same. I give those to others all the time yet none of managed to make it into my bed. If I was wanting that I would just ask."

Acteon stretched a bit. His body was feeling stiff and hard. This happened to him. Energy just seemed to fill him more and more as the night grew closer. It also did not help he had gone from swimming miles to sleeping to being rather stationary on this island. He had not spent the day training, sparring, or running about in physical games as he might in Allira or while on a job. Those kept him fit, honed, and could be turned into a profit from gambling. Not that he did not enjoy this just it was another break from his usual routine.

"So what do you plan to do now Ana? What will be your next move this afternoon? This evening? This night? We both know what my night entails, but how about your own?"

Andromeda listened to the story of how he had become a wolf with great interest, and any even greater interest about Alliria's opinion on the creatures. It seemed they were not as accepting as she thought, which made her doubt a little about whether they would be accepting of a Siren. Though, as he had said, it was easy to ignore a few people going missing on the docks. Probably a lot harder to ignore a massive werewolf roaming the streets.

"The people I keep company wish do not think in the same way you do, Acteon," Ana held his gaze as he smirked and she couldn't help feeling her own smile forming in response. "But it is nice to know I can sleep easy knowing I'm not going to be ravished tonight against my will," her smile turned into a laugh. She sat up, stretched one long leg out and then kept the other bent so she could rest her cheek on it whilst she watched him further still.

"I think... I intend to drink all of this wine and then sleep. It's quite hard work you know, sinking ships. People think we just laze around singing but it does take a lot of magic and that takes energy. When you turn into a wolf do I need to chain you up or something?" she squinted. "Or are you just going to go running round the island terrorising boars?"

• Yay
Reactions: Acteon Cass
That impish smirk that Ana was sure to be familiar with was on Acteon's face. "Yes. You will still be ravished tonight just not against your will."

The rest of what Ana had to say got Acteon thinking. What was he going to do once he turned into a wolf? The usual would be to run around, maybe hunt and kill something, and just in general revel in the thrill of being a beast of the night. His intent and will was never lost so he never did go on a murder spree in the way other werewolves did (unless he wished to), so it was hard to say what his plan was. It was as if asking a sailor what their plan immediately after landing in port was: enjoyment. He did not know what form that might take yet but he knew he would just find something to entertain himself doing.

After a bit of thought Acteon just shurgged while laying on the ground and threw his hands up in the air. "I do not know what I will be doing as wolf. Good chance it likely will be me roaming around playing with the local wild life. I will not stray very far from you in case you need help, but outside of that it depends on what I run into during the night."

Acteon turned his gaze back onto Andromeda Barbarossa. That predatory smile that she would also be so familiar with by this point as well appeared. "So straight to bed after the wine? No lips meeting lips or ravishing to make your sleep all the more satisfying and sound?"

• Yay
Reactions: Andromeda
"So confident. I'm sorry M'lord but I'm not as easily won as the women you seem to be familiar with," Andromeda practically purred the word before raising the bottle to her lips and downing the rest of it, throwing it to the side before flopping down on her back next to him. She let the silence stretch for a while as she watched the sky, it was definitely getting darker now. The sun had set and the sky was that light shade of inky blue before it turned into full and proper night. The moon was still nowhere to be seen but it was a cloudy night.

At least that meant it was going to be warm tonight. Pleasant enough to sleep outside.

"What is it like being a wolf? Is it... do you look all cute and fluffy like a dog or is it like the legends say and it's a mix of both?"

• Yay
A bit of a growl came out of Acteon at Ana's playful words. The sound was a mix of feigned disappointment and genuine enjoyment. "It is no fun if a woman is easy. I prefer the hard chase. It makes the ravishing at the end all the better."

A brow was raised when Ana suddenly laid herself down next to him. It was unexpected. He felt she would have rather kept her distance from him, especially knowing now what he was and what was going on with him. It was a welcomed comfort. He both instinctively and intentionally slipped one of his arms around her shoulder as she lay there. If his touch triggered her powers then so be it. This day had already proven they were oddly dampened on him and she already knew what his intentions were without them effecting him.

The question that followed after the pleasant silence was not unexpected. Acteon figured something like it would come up eventually. The Siren had never seen a werewolf before, thank lady luck for that, but it was likely so similar to her own nature that she just had to know. He had looked at himself while transformed so knew how he looked and also had seen a few of his kind far too close and personally.

"It will not be pleasant. I am a beast. One of blood lust with the speed and power to fulfill it. My fur will be the color of my hair. My eyes will be the same. My teeth and claws will get longer. I will be lean enough to be agile yet my muscles will tell of my strength. I will be inbetween a human and wolf form as well. I am capable of walking on two or four legs. I can climb and use my hands. I can think. I can run. I can hide.... In honesty it is the hiding that is the scariest. All you can see in the darkness is my piecing amber eyes reflecting the moon light. A faint sillouette if there are not enough clouds or leaves above. And then what little is revealed can be gone in a blink. It will leave you questioning if I was even there or if your eyes are being tricked by the moon....."

Acteon had gotten rather somber as he described himself. The memories of the night he had turned were still so vivid in his mind. That first encounter was the eeriest. They had seen little and no one had uttered a word on what they had seen but they all knew. They all knew and knew everyone else did to. But by not speaking it they hoped it would make it go away. It had not and they had found that out all too soon.

The Allirian shook off his mood and managed to smile at Andromeda Barbarossa. "Sorry about that. Just got to remembering it too well and do not want you to be too scared when I change. You are the only woman that is familiar with me so I do not wish to scare you off just yet."

That smirk came back. "Besides, I have not given up on the chance for a little breeding before night yet...."

========

Out at sea a ship sailed over near the wreckage on the rocks. Sails indicating an intent for piracy blew in the wind. Their prey had not arrived along the expected route and they had grown tired of waiting. Instead of the goods of slaves, coin, and goods they had expected to find slowly floating along they had found splintered wood, floating debris, and bodies bobbing in the waves.

The captain frowned. A tragedy. A real, profitable tragedy. Issues began to get ordered. Men were to salvage what they could from the wreckage while there was still a tiny bit of light out. Others were to ready themselves to sail to shore to look for survivors. There was a full moon out and they could take advantage of the extra light to hunt down those who had escaped death.

• Yay
Andromeda stiffened when he slipped his arm around her then very slowly allowed herself to relax. It was a hard thing to do. Even when she took a man to bed she tended not to do the whole cuddling thing, preferring to leave and find her own bed. She slept better knowing she might not accidentally do something in her sleep to the person who lay next to her. She hadn't found any evidence it did happen whilst she slept but she would prefer to keep it that way. Ana reached back and moved her hair so that it wasn't caught between them but rather fanned over his arm and behind them instead.

"You are a very vivid storyteller, I can imagine it well. Though I guess I will not have to imagine for much longer," her eyes were still on the sky as she sorted through her thoughts. As he had shared she felt the need to also share. But not just the need.... she wanted to. This wasn't something she felt she could shared with another. "I just get super scaly. All whites and oranges, peaches.... My Da told me it's because my Ma came from the warmer seas, where the brighter corals are. I've never met another Kivren so I've never been able to really see what they look like, just the glimpses I get of myself."

• Yay
Acteon noticed the slight discomfort Ana had when his arm was wrapped around her. It was not so much from disgust or disinterest though as she had relaxed. Putting two and two together here was rather easy so he figured out why she had felt that way quickly. She then went on to tell him about her own transformation. And it got his interest. He had actually never met one of her kind before so knew as little as she did. There certainly was some basic information he had learned along with the other known races during his childhood but nothing outside of common knowledge.

A gentle squeeze was given of Ana's shoulder after she had finished sharing. Seemed like she had a desire to get to know more about her mother's half. He had the luxury of at least a few years with his own mother and got to know about her some in it. What he did not hear from her he had learned from his father. But even then he still yearned to know more about her from time to time. It had to be worse for Ana....

Acteon closed his eyes and placed his free hand over them. He rubbed slowly. What had he just been thinking? What had he just been doing? Empathizing. He never did that. Usually his feelings for others was either irritation, ire, or usually apathy. It left him detached and able to focus on himself. Only his father was he any different towards and cared to think about. Now he was doing it with this young siren who had tried to kill him earlier but now was laying next to him with his arm around her shoulder. The full moon made him do some truly crazy things.

"I would like to see this other side of you some time Ana. Perhaps tomorrow when the sun has risen again and I am not a wolf monster terrorizing the squirrels and birds." Acteon said as he let his hand fal lto rest next to him once more. "Sounds like you wish to meet your mother. Or at least meet one of her kind. I am thinking just to have some of your questions answered finally. Does that sound about right my coral beauty?"

Andromeda Barbarossa
========

The pirates moved with efficiency. These waters had plenty of hidden and half hidden rocks so wrecks of unfamiliar ships were not uncommon. All they had to do was take their small boarding boats and use hooked poles to drag things to them. They could also use them to try and lift any objects they could spot under the waves to them. Their haul this time around though was rather slim. Mostly it was turning up food stuffs and some bolts of fairly decent cloth. All of the heavier and more valuable riches had sunk below their reach.

Many of the pirates took note of the bites taken out of multiple victims. Sharks and other scavengers had already gotten to the drowned they guessed. Not unusual for sharks to patrol these waters for wrecks as well. Pirates and sharks went hand in hand in these parts.

The beach crews were still working on getting themselves set up. Unlike their fellows out in the rocks, they actually had to do more than get in a boat and go. They needed torches and lanterns readied. Weapons and maybe even some armor strapped on. They needed ropes and chains prepped to prevent prisoners from escaping. They also needed to make sure they had food and water rations ready in case it took them some time. There was fresh water that needed replaced as well so they were having to load up empty water barrels to haul with them as well. It was just far more to do than those lucky bastards who got to hit the water and fish for treasure.

But the pirates would be out on the water and heading to land soon....

"What did the poor squirrels ever do to you?" Andromeda couldn't help put laugh at the image of him running around after squirrels all night and she rolled onto her side, her head still resting on his arm but she did it more so so she could watch his expression as they spoke.

"I think so," the laughter died as she seriously considered his question, ignoring the pet name for now. "Just... to know what... I am. Well. No, I know what I am but I mean more than just the surface details of it. Whether there's a way to control the call of the sea perhaps, or if there is anything else we can do that I don't know about... It was hard enough learning how to swim in that form with no instruction. Then there's the hunger as well and I wonder if there's a way to control that too. I just have, a lot of questions nobody can answer but them. I don't even know how to find them," a sad sigh. It was a whole half of her she would never know unless by some luck she chanced upon them. Kivren were notorious for hating humans and outsiders in general, keeping to the depths of the sea. Without knowing where to even start looking she could only rely on luck to bump into them. Then there was the risk they might tear her to pieces anyway for being a half breed.

"I guess you will see it tomorrow if you still expect me to go flop up on someones deck and as them to come rescue you off this island."

• Yay
"The squirrels barked at me. I am the one who barks." Acteon said then bite the air like he was some kind of human dog.

Ana was having a hard time with figuring out her own abilities was what Acteon got from what she had to say. It was sounding as if kivren would be able to help but there was no guarantee. As she had pointed out they were hard to find as they spent all their times in places no other mortal could tread. It was a problem and not one he had an answer to solving.

But he did have something he could do for her. Acteon had experience with those kind of urges himself. Blood and death were things all werewolves craved when the transformation was near. It was what drove them during it. Some even felt the hunger after the full moon had past. Perhaps there was some things he could do to help her understand parts of her problem.

"Ana, you should come to Alliria. I already know how to handle your concern with staying at my home, although it will require coin, time, and travel. You mentioned the hunger and finding a way to control it. I might be able to help. It is something I have experience dealing with as well. Perhaps we could help find you a solution together. I could also try to help you learn more about yourself or track down one of your kind." Acteon said in a serious tone. His arm that she was still laying on remained but he did his best to try and reach up with his hand to touch her shoulder.

Acteon reached over with his free hand and gently touched one of her cheeks. It was odd feeling connected and craving a bit of contact with someone else. Not in the sexual release kind of way that he had felt since before he was cursed but in a different more intimate way. He still was not sure if he should fear it or embrace it.

"It is not exactly free though. More of an investment. I have things I need to do to restore what is mine and my father's back to us then vengeance to reap after. You would be able to help me with parts of it.... But only if you wish to. I will not force you to help us. If you do not think the risk is worth it I understand."

The Allirian just sort of looked at the siren before him. He was basically offering her help for nothing. She had no reason to aid him and would gain little from the action other than a potential bounty if it went wrong as well. The smart action would be to get his help in her own problems then leave, or just do nothing to repay it. It was charity as far as he was concerned. Every merchant knew to never fully pay in advance yet he had just done that for this woman. What other strangeness from him would the moon bring out before it was satisfied?

Andromeda Barbarossa

Andromeda shifted her position closer to him when she felt him move the arm she was laying on, so her head was closer to his shoulder than the crook of his elbow meaning he had some form of movement. Her brows were furrowed as she thought about his offer. It was a tempting one. If she could just talk to someone else from her kind it might help her unlock the secrets of the ocean and her past. Along with having someone perhaps teach her how to control her urges. She guessed the pull of the ocean was probably as bad as the pull of the moon for him.

He pulled her out of her thoughts when he touched her cheek and she raised her eyes to his through the thick set of her eyelashes, listening to what he wanted in return. For a moment she looked cross that he wanted her to do these things, but it was a fleeting thing when he clarified he would not force her. It was no different to what her father had asked her to do, nothing she had felt guilty about then. At least on this occasion it would be for her own gain rather than her fathers.

The silence stretched on for a while longer before she nodded.

"Ok. I will come to Alliria after I finish my tour along the coast. I have contracts to keep here first. I won't promise I will stay long though, I like to keep moving."

A sigh of relief that Acteon did not even know he was holding in came out of him when Ana finally spoke and said she would help him. Had he wanted her to come that badly? This was bothering him even more now. It would be something he would have addressed but then he noticed it. His desire to mate was getting stronger once again. It had been since they got closer to one another. But he was not sure if it was due to her or to him. It could have been the mysterious powers she held or the unknowable one the moon held over him.

So he let the thought go. Acteon decided it was best to not focus on something he could not figure out right now and would just live in the moment. And so he gently rubbed her cheek as he squeezed her shoulder. The closeness and contact felt oddly calming. Normally his energy and emotions would be high during the moon, but laying like this they were not. Perhaps it was because for once they felt aligned on a singular task he knew would not come to pass. But that did not stop his body and heart from thinking independently from his mind.

A smile on his face Acteon said, "You are welcome to come and go as you please. Once I get my end handled so your powers do not work on my father you can even use my bed when I am away if you please. The only issue will be trying to explain to him that we are not lovers or having some kind of affair. I certainly have no one I am courting and I highly doubt you are pursuing anyone yourself."

Andromeda Barbarossa
=======

The pirates were ready. Everything was loaded onto their boats. Thirteen of them loaded up on seven boats and lowered themselves down to the waters below. As swiftly as possible they began to row. The shore called as did their potential profit and goods to be found there.

• Yay
Andromeda was beginning to feel tired. It had been a long day, she had eaten a lot, swum far and the gentle touch was something she was not used to but in a good way. Lazily she stretched like a cat and the settled back down on his shoulder then rested her hand on his chest and began to trace patterns across his skin.

"I'm used to people thinking a lot worse. If your father doesn't think it I'm sure someone else in your neighbourhood would think it. I don't exactly dress like your kind of people," it was always pretty easy to see a pirate in a crowd and Andromeda was no different. Even if she had normal coloured eyes or natural looking hair her outfits were more... suited to the high seas than nice folk. "Do you have an idea on how to stop your Da from being influence by my magic then? Or is this a case of it'll work better if I don't know?"

• Yay
Ana would find that the chest she was patterns across was hairy. Clearly a true man amongst men. Acteon kept on rubbing her cheek with a smile, and one he did not force or fake. She seemed unbothered by his little tease. Perhaps she had been the object of envy and lust for so long she no longer cared of her own status with others. It was something he understood but did not practice himself. He created whatever opinion he wanted others to have of him himself. In that way how people viewed him was very important to him.

Acteon heard Ana's question and was quick to respond back. "I am going to have an item enchanted for my father to block out your powers. I will check with the college of Alliria first but might have to head to Elbion to find someone capable of crafting such an item. It will not just be useful for you but anyone else who might think of using magic or trickery on my father to sway him. A precaution for the future with the benefit of you not having to worry about being around him."

Acteon's fingers on Ana's cheek found their way to her ear. He began to rub it as softly as he had her cheek. It was purely a whim why he did this and he was not even fully aware he was even doing it. But what he was aware of was the nasty little thought that drifted into his head. Another tease for the woman so unuse to it. With the hand on her shoulder he slide it down to her side. From there he slide his fingers forward and over her chest. He gave a little squeeze and an impish smirk to her as he did. This was only possible because of the extra room she had made earlier.

Andromeda Barbarossa
=======

The pirates had made it to shore quickly. They were experienced and well disciplined for this kind of task. They had to be. Between the Cortosi, Anirians, and these people from a so called Empire having navies roaming around all over the Cortosi Coast it was important they moved as swiftly as possible, especially to and from the shore.

The six boats with two pirates each had one of them jump out and pull their ships onto the shore. For the seventh it was helped as soon as the first one was secured. They began to unload the boats to retrieve water barrels and get their equipment ready. Sabers and hatchets were belted. Rope was throw around their shoulders. Chains were moved away from the sand and water so as to avoid getting ruined. A small base was established although meant little more than a collection of the barrels and chains they brought.

Soon the pirates would begin their hunt.

• Yay
"I hadn't even considered the possibility such a thing existed," Andromeda confessed as her fingers continued playing through the hairs on his chest and over his skin. The revelation had her mind wondering to the possibilities of such a trinket. Could she use it on herself and bind her own gifts? Would she even want to? She wasn't entirely sure whether it would control the Kivren part of her even if she did have her magic trapped.

She was so lost in thought that she didn't even notice where his hands were going. It was a sign she had truly relaxed around him that she wasn't on guard with how she was. In fact, she had been enjoying the feeling of not having to hide who she was and simply... relax. But that all came crashing down the moment he groped her. The fury leapt into her eyes like a flame as she grabbed his hand, perhaps with a bit more strength than he might have thought she possessed, and flung it away from her in disgust. In seconds she was up and on her feet giving him a look that could kill.

"How dare you? Was this the plan all along? After all your big talk? I can't even -" a frustrated sound as she snatched up the last bottle of wine and stormed off.

• Yay
As soon as Ana's response came Acteon burst out into laughter. She was definitely not use to being teased and it made her reactions priceless. Her forcibly grabbing his hand away from her and then being immediately on her feet. It was priceless. He got himself up as well and made sure to follow her, although purposefully made sure she stayed in front of him where she likely felt in control.

"Ana I was teasing you. Wanted to see how you would react. If I actually wanted to bed you then I would have just rolled over and pinned you to the ground. You would have had no where to go then and could not have run away." Acteon said to her with a smile on his face. His voice was relaxed and casual. He was not lying so had no reason to force a mask of any kind right now.

After a bit Acteon decided to add partly because he actually felt guilty about it now, "Ana I am sorry. I crossed the line with that bit of teasing. How about we get back to the camp and-"

Acteon caught a scent and sounds as he came to a sudden stop in his speaking. He very quickly caught up to Ana and wrapped one arm around her waist firmly as he covered her mouth with his other hand. He pulled her with him behind a bush and crotched down.

In a whisper Acteon said directly into her ear, "We are not alone. I smell iron and people ahead. Also can hear them speaking. Stay quiet. I am going to try to overhear them."

The Allirian did not wait for his companion. His mind was focused on protecting her and him both from whatever potential danger might lay ahead. This situation was unexpected and it gave him a bad feeling.

=======

"-and that was how I kidnapped me third wife." A pirate with a scar down his left arm said.

The other pirates around him laughed except for another man with a milky right eye. He just huffed and replied, "I've heard yer story fiddy times now. Get a new one and actually seduce a woman for once in yer life. Or are you saying you can't?"

"Fine. I'll seduce yer little girl when we get back. I like them young anyways." The arm scar pirate shot back.

"I'd rather mount a male siren than let you near me girl." The milky eye pirate scowled.

The two started to brawl, which got the others around them cheering and making bets all of them knew none of them could pay. After a minute and a few bloody punches were made the overseer of the group stepped in. "Enough of that now! We're here to find the survivors of the wreck not beat each other bloody. Do that after yer done and back on the ship. Now get back to work and get them chains ready to haul off whoever we find!"

=======

Acteon frowned and made a low, aggressive growl as he looked in the direction he could hear the voices from. He looked down to Andromeda Barbarossa and whispered in her ear again, "Did you invite any of your pirate friends along? Seems we have some on the beach looking for slaves."

• Yay
His words did not soothe her. Andromeda was a ball of rage that he had even dared to touch her in such a way, whether it was teasing or not. She had let her guard down, had become fully relaxed and he had abused that moment. Perhaps he didn't realise how rare that had been for her but she couldn't think from his perspective currently so fuelled on anger. She took a long drag from the bottle as she stomped through the forest. She had no idea where she was heading. No, that was a lie. No matter what her feet would always point her towards the ocean. Always. It was like a homing beacon.

"I don't care if you're sorry that was not-" Andromeda's voice was raised in ire but she was cut off before she could give him the full force of her rant when an arm caught her around the waist and covered her mouth. It was perhaps instinct to scream, though it was muffled by his hand. It was his words which made her catch her fist before she sent it into his face, but still she gave him a dark look when until he did finally let her go of her mouth.

"No, I didn't," she hissed back to his growl. Her eyes were molten gold, the eyes of the creature, as she rode her anger. Looking away she tried to shift her position in order to get a look for herself to see if she recognised them. "I will probably be able to tell you who they are if I can get a look at the sails."

• Yay
Acteon did not pay any attention to how Ana's eyes reflected her strong emotions bringing the beast in her out. He was far too focused on how he could protect the two of them. When she had begun to shift around he let his arm loosen up so she was free to move as she pleased but did not let go of her. It made him feel secure. It made him feel like he could turn into a shield or pull her to safety the moment it was needed.

When Ana mentioned seeing the sales Acteon simply replied, "Understood."

The Allirian moved both of his hands to her waist and then lifted her up over his head. She came to rest with his head between her thighs so that she was now riding on top of his shoulders. Slowly he stood up as he did his best to look around her and make sure she did not his any kind of branches. The action would hopefully give her view of the ships while still keeping her hidden from the beach crew.

After getting to his full height, Acteon turned his eyes and ears back to the pirates on the beach. He needed to keep a tab on them. Inside he was a whirl of emotions. On one side he was cautious and felt it would be best if he hide the two of them. On another side he wanted to put her down and just remove the threat right now. On yet another he just wanted to go out and try to talk them into giving him a ride. But none of those options were the one he was taking. He had someone else on his shoulders that he had to protect. It was for practical and emotional reasons. So for now he would wait to see what she said to him.

Andromeda Barbarossa

"Oh for Godssake," Andromeda groaned when she saw the sails. It was was hard not to recognise the black trident on the red background. Firstly, it was not very common to have a red background. Pirates were weirdly traditional when it came to certain things - especially the flag. Hoisting the black was a saying for a reason apart from the few like this one. She tapped his shoulder to indicate he could put her down. Once her feet were back on solid ground she brushed her dress down. Red marred her cheeks but it was hard to tell if it was the fever of rage still riding her or that he had picked her up in such a manner.

"His name is Captain Kaspian Hawk, he is a slaver pirate. He tends to prowl around the smaller islands and stop whenever there are signs of a wreckage. If he can't find one he tends to make one. He's protected by Cerak's Slavers - hence the red background. Any survivors get sent back to the Black Bay to be sold on, or sometimes he will allow people to join his crew. I met him a few times with my father, but he tends to avoid most towns and socialising. He's not well liked amongst pirates because he sells off our own too.

It's probably best if we just move elsewhere. We'll need to cover the fire properly,"
she made to move back towards the camp.

• Yay
The conversations between the pirates on the beach stayed roughly the same as before. Mostly it just lead towards the one with a scar armed one becoming creepier than he already was before. It was clear consent was never an issue for him and only a woman's age. The worst part was Ana might be beyond his taste in a couple of years herself. A disgusting waste of flesh and blood and bone. It certainly made him wish to rip the man's heart out with his bare hand. This impulse was due to extreme likelihood of him making a claim over Ana if they got caught than anything else.

When tapped Acteon was careful in lowering Ana back to the ground. He did not notice the redness on her cheeks and just kept his focus on his targets and her words. And she did have a lot to say to him.

Slavers. Figured they would not even be regular pirates that found them. This was going to be an issue, especially if they had some figure backing them up. But they had a ship and Acteon needed a ship. He began to wonder at the extent of Ana's powers but ruled out using her abilities for this one. She already had gotten hurt by his teasing earlier and he did not wish to cross that line with her again so soon. Best to just figure it out on his own.

"Grab my clothes and my weapons. Use them if you need to. When I howl head for the sea, until then hide." Acteon said as he followed her back to the camp. "I will handle this so you do not need to worry about doing anything."

The Allirian gave her the first fake smile, which would be obvious to her as often as she had seen his true ones now, and added on, "This many drunken fools will be easy to handle when I am a wolf. Nothing for you to do or worry about. Think of it as an apology for earlier."

Andromeda Barbarossa

• Yay
Bloody Slavers, Andromeda thought to herself as they walked back towards the camp. Pirates were questionable beings. Many of the brought slaves from Cerak, and all of them turned a blind eye to what happened in the Black Bay because it served their purposes. It was a place that pirates could feel safe away from the navy's. The ethical problems of how it had stayed independent did not concern most of them. But not many sold their prisoners on to the slavers in the bay. It was a select group who tied themselves to the Captain of Black Bay. Personally, it had given Ana the creeps whenever they had visited the shores. But she had also made a good trade there.

She almost missed Acteon's words and his - stupid - plan to go and take on the crew on his own. Turning she quirked an eyebrow at him, picking up his blade and twirling it in her hand casually. It was obvious from the small movement she wasn't a novice.

"You want to go up an entire crew on your own?" Her lips pressed into a thin line. "I'm not sure they would even bother to try and chain you, they would probably try to kill you on sight. You might fare better talking to them. If you have coin on you, they're more likely to listen to that." A soft sigh as she tried to remember the captains face. Vaguely she recalled him being strong and tall, though she had been only 16 when she had last seen him so that might have something to do with it. She remembered dark stubble and almost black eyes.

"I can try and talk to Kas, he might remember me. The crew will definitely know who I am." The name Barbarossa was still a feared one.

• Yay
Acteon's eyes turned to Ana. They had made it back to camp and she had gotten his dagger from his belt. With her claim of being a pirate and captain's daughter it was no surprise she knew how to use it. What concerned him was how she wanted to talk. Certainly if it was just him and the full moon was not that night he would have tried. But circumstances did not allow that luxury. There was no stopping the transformation and once his secret was out he would need to silence any witnesses. She was the only one he had ever told his secret to and would be the only one allowed to live.

"Talking is not an option. The full moon is out tonight. There is no talking for me." Acteon said to her in a serious tone. "And more importantly I do not want you putting yourself in danger. They might know you but they also are likely to see you as a warm body to use while they wait for some kind of ransom."

A growl came from Acteon as he felt the night drawing nearer. "One of them especially would not care for consent."

Acteon just focused on putting out the fire and trying to hide how long it had been there. Not an easy thing to do and it would not be perfect. The pirates would know someone had been here. The best he could do was try to make it seem like days ago rather than minutes ago. While he did this he actively avoided looking at Ana. He knew if he did he might listen to whatever plan she might come up with. Pirates were her area of expertise and she did have the skills required to deal with them. It made sense to listen to her and any other time he would have. But not today. Not with this night approaching. His emotions were too stirred up and he had far too much energy rushing through his veins.

Andromeda Barbarossa

• Yay
Andromeda blew out a frustrated breath. She was not a child, nor some weak damsel that needed to be protected. These were her people, and perhaps he didn't like the thought, but even his words about consent did not seem to make her flinch. Pirates were the slime at the bottom of a barrel of ale, she would be the first to admit that. Such a comment was commonplace in many houses. The difference was that anyone who laid a hand on her would never want to do so again.

"Acteon listen to me," she stepped in front of him then, stopping him from going about his actions. "I have no crew they wouldn't bother was a ransom, they know I'm a singer. Every pirate from Alliria to Cerak knows that. You wanted a ship didn't you? A ride home? How else did you think I was going to get that for you? You think a merchant ship with more civilised people would be accepting of a woman just appearing on their ship and asking for help?" He still avoided her gaze even when she leaned slightly to try and catch it. The frustration was welling again.

"Fine, guess I'll just go have to speak to them myself," she turned and began walking in the direction they had just come. Perhaps it would at least snap him out of this mood of not talking to her just to stop her from doing what he didn't want.

• Yay
Acteon already knew everything Ana was going to say before she said it and knew it to be the truth. He could not deny it. This was just one of those situations were logic and emotion could never see eye to eye. And he was unable to do the same for her. He could not. Doing so would break his resolve right now. Any sense of detachment was impossible for him right now. While the man could easily detach himself from others the wolf crazed connection. Even those that had slaughtered the patrol he was in were part of a pack. A part of him knew that need for one would always be with him and might have been there to a smaller degree even before he was cursed.

So when Ana began to walk away she got the desired response from him. Acteon quickly moved to stop her. He had not explained himself fully. She deserved to be told fully as well. His eyes locked onto her eyes and his inner struggle was clear to her through them. It was not a man struggling with simple pride. He was not trying to be a man and protect the woman because that was how things worked. He was some hero looking for a damsel either. No, he was a man who had lost so much and refused to lose more. He was a man struggling to keep everything about himself under control. He was a man struggling to fight back a beast. And in all of this he was losing. He was losing and knew it.

Finally he managed to get his words out. "Talking will do no good tonight. I am going to turn into a wolf. There is no way to stop it. Hiding me from the light of the moon will not even work. I know the stories tell of how when clouds cover the moon and the beast turns back into a man until the clouds retreat once more, but they are lies. Nothing stops the transformation. And it will last until the sun is rising. I will be a beast unable to speak driven only by my intentions and desires. If I want someone dead then they will die. If I want to flee I will flee. If I want to mate then I will find a mate or keep searching until I am no longer a wolf."

Acteon had to stop for a moment. Would she understand? As much control as he had this was one of the things he did not. The wolf would always awaken. It was still him and it never did a thing he himself would not do or want to do. It just lacked him self control. And this scared him. What would he do to these men? He cared nothing for them so it did not matter if he ripped them apart of not. But it might make her view him as a monster. What if he could not control himself with her and did try to breed her? His need to mate had been strong all day with no fulfillment. It was possible.

Once again he spoke. "I just need you to be safe Ana. From them and from me. What little control over myself is about to be gone and unlike now I will not feel guilty for crossing lines until the dawn. Do you understand me?"

Andromeda Barbarossa

• Yay
Andromeda was expecting shouting, perhaps for him to even try and use force on her to get her to stay. What she hadn't been expecting was the outpouring of emotion he gave her. She could... understand. The more he spoke the clearer it got too. Of course if they spoke to the pirates now it wouldn't stop the fact he was due to change and they might attack him anyway, they might even kill her in case they feared she too harboured the curse. And he couldn't concentrate on dealing with them, which he would have to whether she went ahead with her plan or not, if she was in the way. For whatever reason that was. It was a weird connection the pair had made on this island in the middle of nowhere amongst the wreckage. A bond between monsters.

She sighed, her shoulders slumping a little and her gaze sliding from his.

"Fine." the word was almost spat out. It took a lot to go against her very nature, which was to do things her way and on her own. This... considering others malarkey was a whole new playing field. She didn't know what was right and what was wrong here. The same as it had been last night with Jirou, the wish to not kill warring against the need to. Caring for him enough to go and wreck her revenge on these people today. Which had thrown her into the lap of another.

"Fine," she repeated almost to herself, calmer this time. "What do you want to do? They might not come this far inland, we could hide further in land until the moon fully rises. If they are spread out in the forest it might be easier for you to pick them off one by one too."

• Yay
A sigh of relief left Acteon's chest when she uttered the words fine twice. Unlike before this time he was aware he was holding it in. Without even thinking about it he pulled her into an embrace. It felt right. It felt like the kind of thing his mother use to do for him when he was younger and she felt relived. His father never had done that before but it was him that Acteon had gotten that act of sighing from instead. How strangely connected to his parents he was feeling right now. Was this what it was like for normal people?

Not having let her go yet Acteon said, "Thank you Ana."

It took a bit but eventually the siren was freed of the Allirian's arms. "If you can make it to the sea that would be for the best. But if you do not wish to go that way then we can find you a hiding place before I turn. I will leave all of my belongings with you as well, including my weapons. You will be able to defend yourself at least if need be. Once I am a wolf I can easily pick them off one by one. Between the darkness and the trees there will not be much they can do. My eyes can pierce the darkness. Their eyes can not."

After a moment Acteon looked over at the pond. She was able to breath water when she transformed, but did that extend to only the ocean? He knew of fish that could go between both and had witnessed for himself how most could not switch between the two. Water was not all the same even for them. But the salmon and others could go between the Allirian Straight and the Sayve River. Could she?

"Ana how are you are breathing in fresh water?" Acteon said as he motioned towards the pond with his head.