Private Tales Cherry Rose Inc. Reunion

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
She stood behind Urchin and leaned against the back of his chair, putting her arms over his shoulders in a gentle hug. "Its not the food causing her sickness. Think about it. She's been spending a lot of time with Isak lately. You and I both know the sorts of things that happen between adults when they're alone. I just hope Gwen doesn't get too upset about it." She had only seen Gwen really upset once or twice, but those times were enough for her to not want to experience Gwen's wrath again.

Urchin gave a happy little smile when Charity hugged him, leaning his head fondly on her shoulder. "Yeah, that's what I mean," he agreed. "Sometimes ladies what're in... Ya know... A delicate condition... Certain smells set 'em off. Make 'em feel all nautious. 'Specially food. Fish an' cheese an' stuff like that... I mean, it might just be a tummy bug, but best she dun drink no more wine, just in case." Sensitive as the situation was, Urchin kind of hoped this was the case... Then there would be a baby! Urchin liked babies!

When Gwen and Cleo marched out of the door, Urchin looked frantically between the doorway and the stairs, not sure if he should follow Charity outside, go upstairs to check if Eilerias was alright, or just stay put. He kind of got the feeling that everyone was in the middle of an important conversation that he should probably keep out of, so he nibbled away at the food, rather unsure what to do with himself... That was, until he heard Isak send Ogden to find medicine for Eilerias. That's when he smiled a self-satisfied little grin. Finally, he had a chance to do something useful!

"I know what she needs!" Urchin declared to himself, darting out of the Raven Club and running out into the street to search for what he needed, passing Charity on her way back to the club. "Wun be long, Charity!" he called out as he darted past her. "Ey, ya know any posh tea shops 'round 'ere? Wanna find some ginger root tea fer the lady. Always used ta work a treat on the brothel girls, whenever they got 'emselves in this condition. Mint'll work too if I can't find none."

You weren't supposed to have anything, sparrow. You're empty.

Let her go. You'll be better off alone.

After months, Isak could hear the voices on his head again, taunting him, scratching at the back of his mind, trying to steer his path, calling him to the void of the past. He didn't know if it was remnants of his old master's memories, trying to pull him back to lonely place he was before, when he didn't have anyone, not even a bird to talk to. He didn't know if it was the demon, lashing out at him, trying to outsmart him, to seek a opening so he could get rid of this mortal flesh and be free once more, but the creature knew well that freedom meant death to both of them.

Perhaps death would be kind than to have the scorn of the people he came to think as friends, it would be a better alternative than to live knowing that he had destroyed the things most dearest to the person he loved. Without care, he had put everything at risk, he knew that. Gwendolyn knew that, and her words, as painful and ruthless as they were before, were rightfully so. He had always appreciated her honesty, clearing his mind whenever he had doubts about a specific information or a job, and she tried to warn him about getting soft, about letting other people in.

He couldn't help it, his heart belonged to Eilerias and if she so wanted to destroy it, she could. It was what he would deserve, for ruining her reputation. She was ill because of him, sick about keeping their relationship a secret from their closest friends, fearful about what the people could do if they discovered that the pious priestess of Light was now laying in bed with one of the most dangerous crime bosses in Alliria.

He didn't worry what it could do to his reputation, or how his enemies would use that knowledge against him, he only cared for Eilerias. But it didn't matter now, not when she even refused to look at him, denying Ogden's medicine as her voice broke down when she begged to go back to her house.

Of course, what a fool he was. He thought that the Raven Club could be a home to her, that he would set everything in order so she could live there freely, without fear or doubt, but he failed again. He was a failure, just like his master once told him, when he ran his dagger over his chest and cut it open. A demon's soul is perfect, unlike a mortal one. Those were his words, and now he knew why he was so prone to failure.

He tried to say something, to beg Eilerias to accept that medicine. He couldn't bear to see her so weak, without even knowing the cause of it. Ogden was almost on his knees as well, saying that it wouldn't be safe for her, alone in her house, without anyone to care for her. Isak's vision became blurred for a few moments, and it was like the room flashed into darkness. The only thing he saw now was the familiar fiery face of the creature inside him, a wretched smile on his face.

'Please, Isak. What is it that you fear so much? That your precious woman will refuse to even talk to you again? Or is it... loneliness?

Are you not satisfied with your wealth and power? What more do you need?'

Isak didn't answer, he turned his head and shut his eyes, hoping that it would go away. How could he deny it? He was afraid, of losing Eilerias, of being alone again.

'Mortals are such funny creatures...

Don't fret, child. Everything will work out, eventually. There are still many surprises along your path, and you will discover one of them soon enough.'

Before Isak could ask what he meant, he was back in his room, Eilerias looking fiercely at him as she once again asked to be left alone, to be taken to her house so she could think properly. Isak didn't even realize the lone tear streaming down his face, falling to the hardwood of the floor.

He couldn't let her go. He was selfish.

"I can't." His voice broke down, heavy with shame. He could barely keep his eyes on Eilerias, knowing what he may have wrought on her, knowing that he was the cause behind Gwendolyn's outburst, and that she left Eilerias behind because of him. He could see how that hurt Eilerias, he could see it in her eyes, and yet he couldn't do anything but dwell on his misery.

"Let me try and fix this, at least." He begged her, approaching her slowly.

After her outburst, Eilerias went silent, frozen in place. If Ogden or Isak were to look into her eyes, they would have noticed they were dark purple-black as she searched through the shadows to look for Gwendolyn and Charity. The shadows were deaf, but she was desperate to see if Gwendolyn would come back.

It was all black and white as she observed Charity chasing after Gwendolyn, who didn't even look back. She could see Charity yelling at her, but had no idea what it was about. Gwen coldly ignored her and Charity continued to yell. She watched in horror as the stones began to crack underneath Charity's feet.

It wasn't going well.

Gwen wasn't coming back...all because she was so stupid and selfish.

She watched as Charity walked back looking defeated, passing by a strangely enthusiastic Urchin before she started hearing a distant voice. It wasn't Isak or Ogden, but it was strangely familiar. It was a voice she had heard briefly while in Cerak- the demon inside Isak, speaking to him. Interrogating him on his fears, but she heard no response from Isak.

You will discover one of them soon enough....

She felt herself being gently shaken as her vision faded back into their room within the Raven Club. She looked at Isak who was apologizing, her golden eyes speckled with the darkness. He wanted to fix this? She thought, staring at him silently for a while trying to figure out a way to respond. She didn't mean to yell at either of them, but they were both so incredibly overprotective and it was getting unbearable.

"I shouldn't have forced you to lie. I've made things so much worse by hiding it from the person who saved me from Vel'Anir." She sighed, looking back at the floor. "I betrayed her trust. I told her I would never hide anything from her and I did and now because of me, she's left us all....I really should have just stayed home. I'm sorry for ruining the night."

She pushed herself off the chair and walked past Isak, not saying another word as she left the room. Neither Isak nor Ogden stopped her this time. She walked down the stairs, saddened by the empty lobby where they had previously been enjoying themselves. She went behind the bar, grabbed a wet rag, and returned to the table where the shattered glass remained, red wine staining the table. Quietly, she scooped up the broken glass and discarded it before trying to clean the stained wood.

Charity walked back to the Raven Club in a huff, still fuming mad at Gwen. Though she had mostly calmed down, an occasional crackle could be heard as she walked.

Watched... Shadows.... Charity glanced around at the shadows around her and didn't see anybody. But the voice hadn't been wrong before, so she kept an eye out as she walked.

As she arrived at the club, Urchin burst out the door nearly running into her. Charity grabbed his hand trying to calm him down as he was talking a mile a minute. Something about tea? A tea shop? She couldn't really understand what he wanted tea for at this time of night, but she shrugged and pointed down the street. "There's an herb shop a little ways down that street. They'd probably have what you're lookin' for." Charity couldn't help but smile as Urchin released her hand and ran off to get his tea. She wouldn't ever to be fully understand his motives, but he was adorable and that was more than enough for her.

The air around Charity suddenly began to crackle intensely as she entered the club and saw Eilerias. A strange mixture of fury and sadness flowed through Charity. "I'm going to kill that bastard next time I see him!" she swore to herself. There was no way in hell she would ever be able to forgive Isak for the pain he had put Eilerias through.

Charity took a few deep breaths to calm herself before approaching Eilerias. She didn't want to scare or upset the poor woman more than she already was. Charity gently took hold of Eilerias' tear stained face, and worriedly searched her face. She sighed and gently took the cloth out of Eilerias' hands, wrapping one arm around the woman's waist and placing her other hand carefully on the back of her head.

"Why did you let him to do this to you, Angel?" Charity whispered pulling Eilerias into a hug, trying to keep herself from crying at the pain written across Eilerias' face. "You deserve so much better..."

Last edited:
Eilerias heard Charity reenter the Raven Club, but her attention remained on the stained table, scrubbing at the stains until Charity came over and took the cloth from her hands. She stared at her, a mixture of sadness and confusion on her face, trying to figure out what was happening. Why did Gwendolyn walk away from Charity as well? She had done nothing to wrong her.

The hug was a welcome surprise as Eilerias was pulled into her embrace, but Charity's questions only confused her further. "What do you mean?" She whispered back. "What did he do to me?" She was confused. Did both of them think Isak was hurting her?

She pulled herself away, trying to figure out what she had meant. "Isak hasn't done anything wrong, Charity. It was my choice to do this. It's my fault. I told him to lie to Gwendolyn. I didn't want her to know we were together and now she hates me and she's gone and she's not coming back." She spoke fast, bombarding her with as much as she could before she started crying again.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered, sitting down at the table. "I'm sorry I ruined the reunion...the syndicate...everything" She put her face in her hands. "It's extremely selfish of me. I didn't intend to keep it a secret from Gwen forever...I...I don't know what's happening."

She looked back up at Charity. "What happened outside?" She asked, referencing the confrontation between her and Gwendolyn. She couldn't hear a word she said while she was out there, but it looked important. "Why did Gwen ignore you? Is she really leaving forever?"

As she arrived at the club, Urchin burst out the door nearly running into her. Charity grabbed his hand trying to calm him down as he was talking a mile a minute. Something about tea? A tea shop? She couldn't really understand what he wanted tea for at this time of night, but she shrugged and pointed down the street. "There's an herb shop a little ways down that street. They'd probably have what you're lookin' for."

"Okey dokey!" the lad declared happily as he sprinted down the street, looking left and right until he finally found the shop he was looking for. Having a quick search around, the lad used some of the silvers he'd recently pickpocketed to buy all the ingredients he would need to make the perfect remedy for morning sickness.

When he arrived back at the Raven Club and was pleased to see that both Charity and Eilerias were still downstairs, he carried in his little paper bag of goodies with a smile on his face, completely oblivious to the somber mood that loomed over the rest of the tavern. "Now dun ya worry yerself none, Miss Priestess. I'mma whip ya up the best cure for nausea known ta man. Is a secret recipe what Old Mama Jade taught me fer the girls. Tastes real nice too. Is a special tea made with ginger root, peppermint an' chamomile, with just a hint o' honey an' lemon. Should help ya with yer mornin' sickness... Uh... I mean... Fer if ya feel sick in the mornin'," he mumbled a bit nervously, not wanting to inadvertently break the news to her, considering she clearly had no clue herself. "Mind if I use yer kettle? I can whip some up right now... An' Charity, ya look after 'er, yeah? Sit 'er down. She needs lots o' rest." And then off Urchin went into the kitchen to search for a pot or kettle that he could use to boil the water.

Gwendolyn would return to her archive and would get three steps inside before she would notice something... Off...
It wasn't so much of an observation at first, but a feeling triggered by a series of practically imperceptible differences picked up almost unnoticed by her eyes as her gaze swept the building. A dozen or so differences from the way it was before she left.
As she looked harder she would notice what her unconscious mind picked up on... A book one centimeter out of place on the bookshelf, dust resting too finely along certain shelves, a floor carpet straightened a bit better... The signs told the information broker a few things, that someone had come into the archive, that they hadn't left, and that these imperceptible differences were planted on purpose... almost like a test of her perceptions.

The signs indicated the intruder was in her secret room, and very likely was still inside... Which he was, the immaculately dressed man was seated in a chair facing away from the door with a book in hand, slowly turning the pages as his blue eyes scanned each page.
There would be no reaction to indicate that the man knew he was discovered, no sign or tell to show that he noticed them at all as he steadily turned each page of the book.
He sat calmly with his good leg crossed over the one with a mechanical brace, a cane rested against the arm of the chair, the eyes of the serpentine dragon head staring sightlessly yet disturbingly at the door.

_______________________​

At the same time the Raven Club received a visitor as well.

*Screee*

*Click*

*Screee*

*Click*

*Screee*

*Click*

Another immaculately dressed man entered the Raven Club with his limping gait. He came to a stop about fifteen feet away from where Charity and Eilerias spoke and blue eyes scanned the room, a slight look of disappointment entered his expression as he took in the mess and tears.
"It seems I missed the reunion."

His steel gaze bore into the two girls as he assessed them both. At a glance he determined that they were both uninjured though that blinding priestess seemed a bit dimmer than he remembered and not a little bit ill looking.
This didn't mean that something DIDN'T go wrong, but there was no signs of struggle on them or the room around them, so some infighting must have occurred.
This observation brought a sharp sting to his gaze as he held them both in his sight, but he decided to let Charity answer the unspoken questions that she knew he would expect answers to.

Last edited:
“I did what you asked as always. There was no delay and it was sent on time. Why are you here.” She said calmly. Her hands slightly shaking.

The darkness wanted out very soon and this amount of emotional stress was getting to be a bit much for her taste.

“And your tests were childish.” She added some what curtly. Yet her posture did straighten and she flicked a hair from her face. “If this is a social visit I think we both know you can find the exit easily. Because these halls do not take kindly to thieves and liars.” She spat “and I don’t..” She stopped as a feeling of his eyes washed over her. “..I..” Gwen seemed at a loss for a moment.

"Isak didn't do anything to you? Are you sure?" Charity asked Eilerias sharply. Her gaze was hard and direct, burning into Eilerias' eyes. She listened in shock as Eilerias told her how she had asked Isak to lie to Gwen about their relationship and how she had wanted to keep it a secret.

"What?! Are you stupid?!" Charity exclaimed loudly. "Gwen is WAY more upset with you right now than she ever would've been if you had just been honest with her. You know Gwen already has difficulty trusting people. And now one of the people she's closest to has gone and lied to her! What were you thinking?! As far as I can tell, you and I are the only people who Gwen has let get this close to her. We're the only people she can actually trust, and now you've gone and thrown that out the window!"

"And do you have ANY idea what she would have done to Isak if she thought he had done something to hurt you? You wouldn't have just lost Gwen. You also would've been out a husband. She cares about you so much she would outright kill anybody she thought had hurt you. Gods above, Angel! Did you even stop to think about the consequences of your actions?!"

Charity paused, realizing she had been overly harsh as tears began streaming down Eilerias' cheeks. "Woah... I... I'm sorry Angel." she whispered softly, leaning over to tightly hug the seated woman. "I-I'm sorry for shouting like that. Look... I... Love... You..." Charity stopped for a moment after struggling to get those last few words out. "And I just really worry about you sometimes, and I know Gwen worries even more than I do. We just want what's best for you and to help you. We can't do that if you won't be honest with us. So please... Just be honest with us and don't ever feel like you have to hide something because you think we'll be upset. Can you promise me that?" Charity placed a gentle kiss on top of Eilerias' head and let her go.

"I'm relieved that Isak didn't hurt you. Forget Gwen! Do you know what I would have done if he hurt you?" Charity giggled, knowing full well that she wouldn't even be a challenge to Isak and his demonic powers at his weakest. "Gwen will be back at some point, I promise. She just needs some time alone to calm down and come to her senses. You didn't ruin the reunion, and while what you did might have been selfish, you did what you thought was best and nobody can fault you for that."

The club door opened and Urchin entered carrying a small bag. He was still going on about tea for some reason as he disappeared into the kitchen. Charity smiled and turned back to Eilerias. "See? There's no reason not to be honest with us. The people around you will care for you no matter what!"

The door opened once again but this time the person was preceded by an imposing aura. Charity knew exactly who it was before she even saw them. "Hello, Gil." Charity said sweetly, her words dripping with venom, as the man stopped a short distance away. She knew he hated it when she called him by name, and she took great joy in doing it whenever she was upset with him. "I'm so glad you were able to find the time to come see us in person. And punctual as always too." She faked surprise as the man remarked about missing the party. "What? Nooo! The party's just getting started!"

Charity stared him dead in the eyes, willfully disregarding the unspoken questions in his cold unwavering gaze. She knew he expected her to just fill him in on what had happened, but decided she just didn't feel like it.

Last edited:
Eilerias stared at Charity, unable to respond as she began to yell at her. "I..." She stuttered as Charity continued. She was right. She was incredibly stupid to sever such an important relationship. Still, it was her decision to be so dumb. She chose to lie, intending to tell her the truth when she could force herself to. The lies kept growing and getting bigger and now it was too late.

"I'm sorry." She said looking away from Charity, feeling her disappointment as she yelled. "I didn't want to lie to any of you. I was just afraid. I was kicked out of one church for something that wasn't even my fault. I didn't want to get kicked from another for something that is my fault." She took a few deep breaths. Trying to stop herself from crying, but Charity continued her rampage and the tears soon followed.

She cried into Charity's shoulder as the two of them hugged. She nodded as Charity asked her to promise she wouldn't hide anything else from them. "Why does everyone keep acting like he would hurt me? I don't get it. He saved me from someone who broke into my house and attacked me because you stole from him." She looked at Charity, unsure if she ever told her of the strange intruder the night before the heist. "I don't know what would have actually happened if he didn't show up." She began to cry again. "I feel like I'm missing something. Like everyone knows more than I do and its horrible."

She accepted that Gwendolyn needed time away from them, however long it may be. Even if it made her sad, it was what she needed. She sighed after Charity tried to reassure her that what she did didn't ruin the night, but she knew it wasn't true. The quiet room spoke for itself. "I know Gwen isn't here to hear this, but I want to tell you everything. I really do...just please don't be mad at me." She couldn't find the courage to look her in the face as she spoke, afraid of what she might think of her.

"I broke my vow. My most important vow. I shouldn't be wearing white anymore for I am not the same pure priestess that everyone thought of me as. Please don't kill Isak because he didn't make me do anything. Actually, I think I initiated everything that night...that's beside the point. Also, he's not my husband. We've only recently got engaged when we spent the night in this sort of weird sort of magical elven ruin. A lot also happened in Cerak with some weird shadows, but now I have a new apprentice in the church, Lidia, she's wonderful." She realized she was going incredibly off topic the faster she spoke so she took a second to calm herself. "Anyway the night before we left for the heist I went to visit Gwen right after you. I asked her about love and I don't really know too well what happened. Things went really dark and it was scary. That's the reason I didn't want to tell her. Something really bad happened with her and love and I didn't want to open that wound again."

The door opened and Urchin was back. She smiled at him, taking a few deep breaths after spilling too much information, most of which Charity probably already knew. She thanked him softly as he announced he was making her some sort of tea. "That sounds much more lovely than Ogden's Dwarven Medicine he tried giving me upstairs. God knows how much of that concoction was just ale." She said as she looked at the clock. Morning sickness? "Charity, does this boy know how to read a clock?" She asked quietly, as Urchin went back to the kitchen to throw pots and pans around in search of a kettle. For someone who was able to do such remarkable work with the healing, she sure knew next to nothing about the body.

The familiar sound of a squeaky brace captured both her and Charity's attention. "Good evening sir. I'm glad you made it here tonight!" She said, putting on a fake smile as though she hadn't just been bawling her eyes out. "Sorry...Gwendolyn just stepped out but there's still plenty of food and drinks to be had. Sit down please!" She got up from her chair and pulled one out for him, completely oblivious to Charity's tone towards him.

“I did what you asked as always. There was no delay and it was sent on time. Why are you here.” She said calmly. Her hands slightly shaking.

The darkness wanted out very soon and this amount of emotional stress was getting to be a bit much for her taste.
He turned another page. At first no response, no reaction, but she clearly wasn't done. He didn't turn to face her yet, he simply closed and latched the now docile demon book she had been reading and placed a pair of enchanted spectacles on top of it that he had been using to read it unharmed.
He listened but his posture still seemed to indicate that he either didn't know or didn't care that they were there.
“And your tests were childish.” She added some what curtly. Yet her posture did straighten and she flicked a hair from her face. “If this is a social visit I think we both know you can find the exit easily. Because these halls do not take kindly to thieves and liars.” She spat “and I don’t..”
That was quite enough, she was emboldened by her independent work for him and the Cherry Rose, and simply ignoring her growing impudence wouldn't do at all.
With a slow mechanical grind from his leg brace he stood up from his chair, picked up his cane to lean on it, and turned to fully face her, freezing her words in her mouth with his icy cold stare.
“..I..”
That was more like it.
He stood there without saying a word, letting the uncomfortable silence drag on and letting the weight of that silence press in on Gwen from all sides. Even Cleo, a demon, couldn't alleviate the weight of his stare on her mistress.

Finally he broke the silence, "You both know that I don't do "social visits"." He considered a beat before adding, "The reunion being an exception."
He shook his head, putting that aside. "This is business, Gwendolyn. It's rare for you to ignore my daughter so completely, and when it happens there's always an earth shattering reason..."
He released her from his gaze and let his eyes wander around the walls and other decorations.
"But I'm not here on Charity's behalf. This chapter of the Cherry Rose is by far the most skilled and successful, but now it's under threat so it's no surprise that I should begin to take notice... And what I've noticed is the disturbing possibility that you may do our enemies job for them by tearing each other apart... Weakening yourselves."

He turned the chair to face her desk and sat down with another squeak of his knee, motioning for her to take her seat.
"Tell me what's going on... And then let's make a deal."

Charity chose obstinacy for reasons Gilgamesh could probably guess. Perhaps the usual; absentee parent, maybe once again for keeping her out of the loop about something or keeping ANOTHER secret, maybe she figured out another lie he told her... Or maybe she'll surprise him this time once she's done being venomously sarcastic.
Just like that, as soon as he doesn't have bodyguards around him she's playing the brat
He glanced at the priestess as she graciously offered him a seat and then momentarily raised an eyebrow at Charity as if to say "I'll deal with you later".

He smiled at the priestess as well, such a genuine and appreciative expression, a lie he designed just for Eilerias. "Thank you, my dear. I appreciate your kindness."
He shifted the rest of his attention over to Eilerias as he took the seat with a squeak from his knee. He planted his cane in front of him as he regarded the priestess for a moment.
For her he crafted a sort of grandfatherly persona, kindness seemed to radiate from his eyes as he looked at her as one of his own.
"You're one of Gwendolyn's associates, yes? I've read her praise about you in her reports and ever since I've been itching to ask you about your faith! We've not been properly introduced yet, I'm Gilgamesh Briarthorne, Charity's father."
He already spoke as if Charity wasn't there, so he took it a step further.
"Tell me; what guidance does the church of light give to their parishioners in regards to disciplining disrespectful children?"
The jibe was aimed at Charity but he asked the question of Eilerias in mock confidentiality, everything about his new persona radiated friendliness towards the priestess.

Isak hated the feeling of losing control, of not knowing what to do, what to think. He couldn't even say anything to Eilerias as she rushed past him, leaving him anyone with Ogden in his office. And what could he even say? She was suffering, and he could only think that the blame lied on him. Even more than feeling powerless, he hated seeing her hurt, it was something that boiled his blood and made him want to do the only thing he knew - destroy.

The young man was about to slam his desk all across the room when Ogden stepped in to try and talk some sense, or to annoy him even further. "Everythin' will be alright, boss! It's just some lady stuff, I'm certain!" Isak was gripping tightly at the edge of the wooden desk, feeling his fingers slowly going numb at the strength he was putting into it. He wanted to do something, anything, to just make things better. He couldn't bear the thought of Eilerias hating him, but he couldn't just burn down his entire club in a fury.

But then, Ogden's words ringed some curiosity on his mind, which made Isak's expression change from anger and disdain to a more puzzled look, intrigued by what the dwarf had said. "What do you even mean? Am I to believe you know something about her illness? And how come you never spoke to me about it?" His questions sounded more like a crude interrogation, but the dwarf dismissed his tone with a short laugh before putting the metal plate with medicine pots near the bed.

"Ya forget I'm a traveled little grunt, boss! I know me some things, but ya have to trust Miss Eilerias on this one, it's her decision!"

Decision... He would trust her with his life, as he did many times, let alone a decision, but he only wished to know what kind of decision was that. Was it the same kind that led them to lie to their closest friends? The same kind of decision that now seemed to push away someone very dear to her? And it had been his fault as well, he was the one to give away their secret, even if Gwendolyn already suspected of them. Breathing deeply, Isak punched the desk in a small showing of frustration, feeling powerless and without ideas. It cracked a bit of the wood and barely relieved some of his angers, but it was better than destroying his entire room.

"Miss will have to stay a few months away from wine, though!" It was the last thing Ogden said before he left the room laughing, leaving Isak behind with more questions than answers as the dwarf made his way downstairs, watching as Gilgamesh arrived and started talking to Eilerias and Charity. The dwarf never had more than a few words with the man, but it had been enough to harbor a great deal of respect to him, and so he decided to join the fray of that conversation, worried about Eilerias. "How ya doin', Miss?" His dark brown eyes scanned her, looking for any more signs of fatigue, searching for things that would vindicate his suspicions. "Boss is worried sick about ya, but I'm sure he means well!"

Ogden had only a few more words with the group before he departed to the kitchen, to check on Urchin and his tea, desperate that the kid could end up stealing any of his precious stuff.

A few moments later and Isak now descended the stairs, his eyes fierce and his mouth set, a focused and centered look, completely different from the desperate and emotional one he had only moments before, when he was pacing around his room in search of words to comfort Eilerias. He had seen Gilgamesh arriving at the club earlier, and his presence there had been enough to spice Isak's curiosity, seeing as the man rarely visited them, even after their successful heist. Back then, a few words of gratitude and the large amount of coins given to him had been enough, but he still had many questions about that man. Isak had the impression that even though he endorsed and supported their criminal activities, he cared only about Charity, and Gwendolyn to some extent. At least they had something in common, for Isak only wanted to see how Eilerias was doing, even if she didn't want to speak to him.

"Greetings, Gilgamesh." He entoned in his rasp voice, now standing close to Eilerias and Charity, his fingers barely touching Eilerias' hand without even meaning to. "I didn't take you for someone who enjoyed small and merry gatherings like this one."

Isak wasn't convinced by the smiles and soft voice, the seemingly fake friendliness aimed at them by that man, having always suspected that the man hid many secrets underneath whatever mask he chose to wear. He recognized such things very well, as Isak himself had many different 'masks', one for each business he had to take care of. Deceit, violence, bribery, coercion... Still, he wouldn't press his employer for his deepest information though, but he could hardly trust someone with so many things to hide. He respected him as well, but trusting was a greater stretch, something he only truly had for Eilerias and Ogden.

"Tell me; what brings you here tonight? I'm certain you didn't come seeking lectures about faith."

Urchin half overturned the kitchen looking for all the right utensils he would need, occasionally causing a loud clatter and bang to emit through the entire inn as he rummaged through the Raven Club's vast collection of pots and pans. Luckily Ogden soon arrived and managed to set the lad on the right path to making his tea whilst causing as little ruckus as possible. Eventually, the lad walked out of the kitchen awkwardly holding three mugs in his hands.

"'Ere ya are Miss Eilerias. Might take a little while, but this'll do ya a world o' good. Made one fer you too Charity. Not that ya need it, but it tastes nice." It's then that Urchin noticed the arrival of a new comer. One that he'd had the pleasure of meeting before. "Oh..." he mumbled awkwardly. While the man had never done anything to frighten or threaten him, Urchin always felt extremely intimidated by his presence. Like he was involving himself with matters that were way over his head. "'Ello there Mr Briarthorne," Urchin shyly greeted Gilgamesh. "Want some ginger, peppermint an' chamomile tea?"

Then Isak came down, and the lad couldn't help but feel the tension in the air. This could be a battle of wills if ever there was one. His plan was to sit drinking tea with the ladies and keep his head down while the gentlemen talked.

"You're most welcome!" She smiled she smiled as Gilgamesh sat down. Her first encounter with him, the night before they left for the heist, was a bit of a blur. It was brief and she hadn't had the chance to get to know him personally. "Ah yes, It's nice to meet you properly this time, I'm Eilerias the Priestess of Light! I'm always ready to talk about The God of Light to those who wish to listen! " She paused for a moment. "I needed to thank you actually. Your gracious payments helped me start up my own church closer to home. It's small but it's perfect." She was practically beaming as she talked about the church she had started up. "If you're ever up to it, I'd love to bring you by and give you a tour."

She smiled at Ogden, a little confused by his comments but then watched as Urchin finally made his way back, carrying multiple cups of tea. "Thank you Urchin." She took the cup from him and sat back down in her chair. She held her breath as she took the first sip, afraid of repeating what had just happened a little while ago, but she appeared to be fine after the first few sips. "Mr. Briarthorne, can I get you something to eat? We also have way too much wine and ale for the few of us." She offered, before he asked about her religion's methods of discipline.

"Well...I guess it depends on what the child has done. Corporal punishments are typically not favored for being disobedient, but if the child is thriving in darkness it may be required. I guess I really wouldn't be the best to speak on that for I have no children and I didn't have parents that taught me any of this. I was taken from an orphanage in Vel'Anir by some man who brought me to this gorgeous church in that very city. I think he saw some potential in my healing abilities." She sighed. "The only disciplining I ever faced was getting kicked out for helping Gwendolyn's associates in the church." She shrugged, pretending it wasn't something that hurt her deeply as Isak made his way down and over to them.

She wanted to apologize for being upset with him, but not was not the time or place to discuss private matters. She pulled her hand away, a little nervous as to what Mr. Briarthorne would say if he saw the priestess holding hands with one of his employees.

Last edited:
Made one fer you too Charity. Not that ya need it, but it tastes nice."
Charity broke off the glare she had been giving her father as Urchin brought out the tea. "Aww! That's so sweet! Thank you!" she said, flashing Urchin a loving smile. Pulling a chair over close to her, Charity patted the seat, offering it for Urchin to sit down. The tea was delicious and she could feel some of the stress of the evening melting away as she drank.

Although the tea was helping her, the anger and annoyance Charity felt towards her father was rising faster than the calming effect of the tea could bring it down. She shot her father an annoyed look as he and Eilerias talked as if she wasn't sitting right there. Sparks of energy made visible by illusion magic began arcing off the tips of her hair. "C'mon Angel. This is all just an act. He doesn't really care about you or your church. I'm sure he's only here because he wants something." Charity growled, shooting her father a look that would freeze the blood of any normal man.

As Isak joined them, Charity could feel the tension in the air between the two men. She rolled her eyes as he politely asked Gilgamesh why he was there. "Shouldn't you be off visiting a certain one of your other associates?" Charity spat, staring daggers at her father. "Heaven knows you spend more time with her than you do with your own daughter. Just tell us what you want and leave!"

"You're most welcome!"
Her smile was of course met with a crinkle eyed smile from the middle aged man with white hair. Even though he had an imposing presence that seemed to come naturally to him, he seemed more relaxed to smile and politely converse with someone as an equal.
"I needed to thank you actually. Your gracious payments helped me start up my own church closer to home. It's small but it's perfect.""If you're ever up to it, I'd love to bring you by and give you a tour."
Her gratitude was met with a gracious nod of his head, almost a bow as if it were an honor to be recognized as having a hand in establishing a new place of worship.

As the tea came out he took note of the various scents that wafted from the steaming cups. It meant nothing to him for the moment but he stored that information for later use, the lad was simply being thoughtful in seeing a need and filling a need. Eilerias was ill, tea was good for illnesses.
"'Ello there Mr Briarthorne," Urchin shyly greeted Gilgamesh. "Want some ginger, peppermint an' chamomile tea?"
"Mr. Briarthorne, can I get you something to eat? We also have way too much wine and ale for the few of us."
He politely nodded to both offers.
"Thank you miss Eilerias, I could go for some wine. And perhaps I'll have some of that tea afterwards, mister Urchin. Both are kind offers." He greeted the young Urchin with another grandfatherly eye crinkling smile.
"Well...I guess it depends on what the child has done. Corporal punishments are typically not favored for being disobedient, but if the child is thriving in darkness it may be required. I guess I really wouldn't be the best to speak on that for I have no children and I didn't have parents that taught me any of this. I was taken from an orphanage in Vel'Anir by some man who brought me to this gorgeous church in that very city. I think he saw some potential in my healing abilities." She sighed. "The only disciplining I ever faced was getting kicked out for helping Gwendolyn's associates in the church."
He listened attentively and nodded as she spoke, leaning forward on his cane to show how riveted he was to what she was saying.
As she explained a bit about her past his expressed joviality dimmed to one of kind pity for the lot she'd faced in her early life. It even seemed to pain him a little when she talked about getting kicked out of a church.

He smiled warmly and comfortingly as she finished her story.
"I'm sorry to hear that you've faced such troubles. I hope that you've found some solace in the Cherry Rose, but I truly wish that you could have been spared from our world, seems we've been nothing but trouble for you since it was our needs that drove you to part ways with the church for a while."
He seemed truly contrite that they'd caused her such trouble.
"C'mon Angel. This is all just an act. He doesn't really care about you or your church. I'm sure he's only here because he wants something." Charity growled, shooting her father a look that would freeze the blood of any normal man.
Gilgamesh had been all but totally focused on the priestess, but Charity's words seemed to introduce the rest of the room to his attention.
He gave Eilerias a look of mock pain and a grimace.
"You can see what I've got to deal with."
He chuckled and shook his head sadly as he slightly shifted to include Charity in their discussion, "I knew this would happen, if I remained aloof you would have berated me for being too focused on work to make time for this reunion, yet I came anyways to be met with venom and suspicion as I predicted. I couldn't win either way."

Then Isak Lavelle came down the stairs and instantly the club owner seemed to take a defensive position in regards to Gilgamesh, the others seemed to pick up on it as well but the tension they felt between them was all one sided, only Lavelle seemed to project tension while Gilgamesh seemed to calmly absorb it with his kind smiles and caring demeanor.
Gilgamesh met the man's gaze with an easy confidence without interrupting his lighthearted grandfather persona.
"Greetings, Gilgamesh." He entoned in his rasp voice, now standing close to Eilerias and Charity, his fingers barely touching Eilerias' hand without even meaning to.
"Good evening, Mister Lavelle."
"I didn't take you for someone who enjoyed small and merry gatherings like this one."
Gilgamesh met this with a small sigh, "Many would be right to assume so, Mister Lavelle. I've precious little time most days to even consider taking some for myself."
The slight instinctive brush of his hand against Eilerias's was one born of familiarity, again this meant nothing to Gilgamesh but he filed it away for future reference.
"Tell me; what brings you here tonight? I'm certain you didn't come seeking lectures about faith."
He raised his eyebrow at Isak.
"On the contrary, Mister Lavelle. I find matters of faith and it's practitioners to be most fascinating. Did you know that many clerics receive their powers directly from the gods they serve? Matters of faith and gods are nothing to sneeze at or take lightly in the world we live in. Or do you have no faith in the Abilities of this healer?"
Strange, for a pair with an... Intimate... Familiarity, Isak seemed flippant about her beliefs... A mystery... Perhaps there really was something else at work here.
"Shouldn't you be off visiting a certain one of your other associates?" Charity spat, staring daggers at her father. "Heaven knows you spend more time with her than you do with your own daughter. Just tell us what you want and leave!"
Charity was getting out of hand, and her boldness was emboldening further challenges to his authority. But he could tell that her anger wasn't really with him... It was with a "certain one of your other associates".
Which coincided with the argument he witnessed outside from the shadows... Charity was angry with Gwen, yet she was foolish enough to think she could get away with taking it out on him.

They were calling him out, laughably they were demanding him to reveal his actual intentions... A cunning tactic meant to catch a guilty party and convince them that nobody was being fooled. Easily defeated by simply denying their baseless accusation... But whether he had hidden motives or not, as The Father of the Cherry Rose he couldn't allow the disrespect to continue.
"Charity!" He snapped at her, the lash of firm reprimand in his voice and taking his turn to freeze her with a withering glare that truly could freeze blood.
Eyes closed he took a deep breath and bowed his head, he slowly stood using his cane to aid him up from the chair that provided solace to his disability.

*... Scrrrrrreeeeeee...*

His brace protested as he drew himself to his full considerable height. He raised his head high and looked down imperiously at the two who seemed intent on drawing his ire.
"Is that really what you want... Daughter?"
He looked over them, still keeping his grandfatherly persona, but now that persona was growing angry.
"I am Gilgamesh Briarthorne... Has my name lost it's weight in your eyes? Do you think me weak because I am crippled? Do you think me vulnerable without my assassins and bodyguards?"
He struck the floor a ringing blow with his cane. In spite of his obvious disability he was far from frail or impotent, far from a fattened king unable to fight to keep what is his.
He stared down Isak with a stoney expression and wouldn't relent until the younger man broke the eye contact. Then he turned and singled out Charity fully. Out of everyone in this room she should have known better than to test him... But as he stared at her his expression softened.
"I came for the reunion... And found this... The scent of salt and tears is still fresh in the air, miss Vollmund is storming back to her archive and ignoring my daughter... You have the hypocrisy to call me out for hiding things?"

He looked down at Eilerias, compassion filling his voice. "And somehow our dear Eilerias is caught up in the middle of our family troubles... Perhaps her faith can provide her with a clarity of sight to see the path forward. Perhaps she can explain things and all will be set to rights."
It wasn't a request.

The angry look on Charity's face vanished as her father sternly called her name. She knew she had been pushing her luck ever since he had walked through the door.

"Is that really what you want... Daughter?"
Charity's face softened and she looked like she was on the verge of tears as her father reprimanded her. "No... Please stay..." Charity said quietly, almost begging him not to leave. It had been some time since she had last seen him in person, she wasn't sure what she would do if he actually left. She knew she had been foolish to question her father and make such demands.

"I am Gilgamesh Briarthorne... Has my name lost it's weight in your eyes? Do you think me weak because I am crippled? Do you think me vulnerable without my assassins and bodyguards?"
Charity looked down at the table shamefully and shook her head. "N-No... Of course we don't..." Gilgamesh was far from a weak man who needed the constant protection of bodyguards. She had seen him effortlessly take on large groups by himself and walk away without a scratch.

"I came for the reunion... And found this... The scent of salt and tears is still fresh in the air, miss Vollmund is storming back to her archive and ignoring my daughter... You have the hypocrisy to call me out for hiding things?"
"I..." Rivers of tears began rolling down Charity's cheeks. Gilgamesh was one of a very select few people who could shatter her aloof, easygoing façade. "...I'm sorry, Daddy..." she said barely above a whisper. "I was just so upset with Gwen and I took it out on you... W-We know if you're not telling us something, you must have a reason."

"I'm really am so happy to see you and glad that you could come to the reunion in person. Sorry for acting like such a brat..." Charity looked up at her father with a genuinely happy smile as she wiped the tears from her face.

Faith. It was such a funny word to him.

If Gilgamesh had asked that question to Isak months ago, he would've simply replied that he didn't have faith in anybody but himself, only believing in the usefulness of her skills. That was his faith - to see and touch things that can be used as means for his interests. But now, that had changed, or rather, Eilerias changed him. He had faith in her abilities as a healer, but not only that, he also had started to have faith in other people. In the people of the syndicate, his closest friends.

A smirk formed from the corner of his mouth, confident and loose. Isak glanced at Eilerias shortly before staring back at Gilgamesh, as he seemed to patiently await for his response. "I'm no pious servant of gods, if that's what you're asking. But my faith on her goes far beyond her skills." It was blunt but truthful, which looked like something Gilgamesh already expected from him.

Isak was a bit tense, but not for himself. Rather, it was Charity and Eilerias that he worried about, shooting quick glances at them as Gilgamesh smiled, probably satisfied with his answer. He said nothing else though, as Charity went on to blast him with a few heated words, her eyes trembling with anger as she sought to unload all the frustrations of that disastrous night on the man she called father.

Fatherly bonds were also a strange thing to him, seeing as Isak never had one, and the closest man he had to a father sought to enslave him, to use his powers to fuel his dreams and ambitions, and discard Isak once he had enough of it. He couldn't care less about Charity and her unusual relation to that man, but he could almost feel the anger pilling up on Gilgamesh as he tried hard to keep his friendly smile and soft look. He already knew the exact moment where that man wouldn't take up any more of Charity's challenges, and the sound of his cane beating against the wooden floor only confirmed what Isak had been expecting. Gilgamesh rose up from his chair, struggling with his bad leg and seeking comfort upon the cane as he started staring them down, seeking to submit them to his strength, to put fear into them with only his eyes.

He screamed at Charity, as the girl almost immediately stopped talking, and Isak could feel Eilerias flinching just beside him. Isak, on the other hand, stood unimpressed at that showing. He had seen his share of powerful men looking to stare into submission and obedience, looking to convey some kind of otherwordly strength at him, to make him look smaller and less capable. His old master had been the first one to do so, and Isak felt smaller and smaller at each time he glared at him, until the day he felt powerful enough to cut his throat.

He wouldn't be so easily intimidated anymore, not when he also had to power to stand up against it. Isak broke sight of Gilgamesh only to look at Eilerias and Charity for a short moment, to see them intimidated by that sharp look and strong voice. Charity seemed to regret her outburst, already apologizing to him while Eilerias stood frozen, afraid to answer Gilgamesh's questions. Isak slowly took a step forward, his gaze cold and unaltered, but his presence was strong and unrelenting, equal to Gilgamesh's.

"I'm hardly capable of speaking about the bonds of father and daughter, or faith for that matter, but I have to question something." He shrugged a bit, looking at Charity and almost taking pity at her petrified state after Gilgamesh's words of rebuke. "Was it faith that brought you to my club tonight, to scream at your daughter and demand that we enlighten you about our troubles?"

He was staring straight into the eyes of the beast, and for all its dangers, Isak had no intentions to look away now. "Eilerias' answers are of her own will to give, and no one else's. We don't think of you as weak, Gilgamesh, but do not take me for a fool either. Faith alone will only take someone so far."

“You already know what’s going on. And how dare you speak to me of deals after..” Her hand drifted to the scar in her back where he had barely missed her heart. “After what you did.” She do dishes after a moment of seeming to struggle to find the correct words.

“He failed to protect my asset and my asset refused to return so I allowed it. That does not change the fact that he lied and turned her against me. She was vulnerable to such nonsense falling in love with the first powerful man she meets too selfless to withstand the iron will of his selfish desires. How long until she’s the one stabbed in the back and shoved from a cliff all because she wouldn’t simply stay FUCKING put and LET ME PROTECT HER.” It had been too much.

The darkness overwhelmed her and seemed to begin to attack Gilgamesh. Before it seemed to realize the trap had been sprung. It was not the predator and he was not the prey. Cleo left the room silently shutting the door. The darkness trying to escape.

“And that stupid girl dragging around that little street rat! Doesn’t she understand what she’s tied to!? Who could be aiming to kill or capture him right now! No. But I do. And I’ve been working to keep that bug safe since she met him!” Her eyes were black pits of despair and she continued to speak. Objects in the room began to float. “And he’s going to introduce himself to me like I haven’t known him for days. Even if he didn’t know!”.

Voices that weren’t there seemed to raise in volume.

“But when I’m lied to she sides with them. Blames me! Tells me I’m selfish..” She blinked. Her eyes remained as the objects in the room settled. The darkness remaining trapped by Gwen herself. “I have not been sleeping well.. Using my powers has..Built up more than I’m used to dealing with..” She admitted softly.

Refusing to meet his eyes.

The voices quieted as Gilgamesh stepped forward.

Eilerias smiled at Gilgamesh's kindness towards her. It was unexpected, given his last brief and unsettling visit, but very welcome after the night's previous events. Perhaps Charity and Gwendolyn were wrong, it is okay to see the good in everyone rather than be so strangely suspicious of everything.

"I don't regret helping Gwendolyn...sure I loved that church, but they weren't kind to me. How strange is it to think that people who deal in criminal activity would show more generosity and kindness towards me than the people who claim to be so holy?" She took a sip of the tea, trying to fight back the sadness that was creeping up on her as she brought up her past and the abusive people of Vel'Anir, who already hated anyone who wasn't a human, when they found out she was aiding criminals.

She wanted to reach for Isak's hand, looking for comfort, but she knew it would not be an appropriate place to show affection, especially since she had already severed one relationship with a powerful ally. Her thoughts were cut short by Charity with her suspicions about her father's true intentions. Her heart dropped as she stated he wasn't interested in her or her church. Perhaps, they were right after all. "Oh.." The word barely left her lips as she looked down into her cup.

She could feel tensions rising as Charity began to speak up, so Eilerias ushered Urchin back to the kitchen to remain with Ogden until the argument was over. "I'm sorry, child." She rustled his hair. "You shouldn't have to see things like this." She thanked him for the tea quietly before grabbing the bottle of wine and a glass for Gilgamesh. The sight of the wine was enough to make her feel ill again, but she quickly filled the glass and rushed it over to the table, as she held her breath, before taking her place next to Charity and Isak.

She kept quiet as Charity threw hostile accusations towards the man who had done nothing but show up to the gathering, showing kindness to Eilerias. Of course, the room got more uncomfortable as Isak began to talk, his words just as out of place as Charity's in this conversation. She was scared as Gilgamesh stood and slammed his cane down, shouting at Charity. Instinctively, Eilerias grabbed Charity's arm with a lightly glowing hand, using her soothing touch to try to calm her down as she began to cry.

She listened to Gilgamesh, questioning her on the events that took place this evening and then watched, frustrated, as Isak defended her privacy. She was growing upset as everyone seemed to have hostility to the only person, other than Urchin, who hadn't shouted around her this evening. "I'm sorry sir." She said, sitting back down across from him.

She had no intentions of telling Gilgamesh the full details behind the argument that took place shortly before his arrival, but something about the aura he gave off made her feel comfortable enough to reveal the cause. "I'm sorry." She repeated, staring at her distorted reflection in the cup of tea. She spoke as though they were the only two in the room, comfortable enough to confide in him as though he were a close family member and not just an acquaintance. "I kept a secret from Gwendolyn. It is something that I felt I had to hide because of my vows." She looked back up at Gilgamesh for a moment and then over to Isak, pausing as she stared at his worried expression his face. "I broke my vows. I haven't been faithful to the church. I have been seeing Isak since shortly after the heist." She paused, stopping herself before she got too into the intimate details of their relationship. "I should have told Gwendolyn before it snowballed into something so big it was making me ill to hide from her."

"Sure thing," Urchin agreed as most around the table accepted his offer of tea and he started to pass the cups out. Isak came down and the lad would've offered him some, but something told him that Isak wasn't exactly in the mood for a tea party.

Sitting himself down besides Charity, Urchin looked about awkwardly between all the people in the tavern. There was a lot of tension in the room, and Urchin was the outsider looking on from the sidelines, wondering what everybody was so damn upset about. Luckily, there was still plenty of food on the table, so Urchin was quite content to help himself to another meat pie and sit there nibbling at the pastry while the others talked around him.

Charity seemed to be stirring the pot, looking for a fight with her father. Well, she certainly got what she was looking for. Gilgamesh didn't seem pleased at all. Strangely enough, Charity folded and apologized immediately, but now Isak seemed angry with him for raising his voice to Charity, and everything was getting rather uncomfortable. Luckily Eilerias took it upon herself to rescue the boy by ushering him back to the kitchen.

"I'm sorry, child." She rustled his hair. "You shouldn't have to see things like this." She thanked him for the tea quietly before grabbing the bottle of wine and a glass for Gilgamesh.

"Ah, dun ya worry none, Miss Priestess," Urchin assured her. "I grown up in a brothel, seen plenty worse than this, trust me." When Eilerias picked up the bottle of wine though, Urchin put a hand on her lower arm to pause her. "Uh, best ya dun have no wine fer awhile though Miss. Could make ya more sick."

While Eilerias clearly wanted the lad to stay out of the argument, he was a nosy little bugger and couldn't help but peak his head around the doorway to listen in on the conversation. It seemed that Eilerias was really beating herself up about the situation and blaming herself for all the trouble it was causing. In Urchin's opinion, all this drama was over the top and ridiculous. All because the crime lord porked the priestess. Was that really such a big deal?

"I broke my vows. I haven't been faithful to the church. I have been seeing Isak since shortly after the heist." She paused, stopping herself before she got too into the intimate details of their relationship. "I should have told Gwendolyn before it snowballed into something so big it was making me ill to hide from her."

"Dun ya beat yerself up none Miss," Urchin said gently, emerging from his safe space in the kitchen and rushing over behind Eilerias's chair to put a hand reassuringly on her shoulder. "Them vows are stupid anyhow. Ya didn't do nuthin' wrong. Ya just fell in love is all. Ain't nuthin' wrong with that. I mean, love's a good thing, right? Ain't like ya hurt no one." Well, Gwen would probably beg to differ, but Urchin didn't really see things from that side. "Yer a good person Miss, an' ya deserves ta be 'appy. An' if yer stupid church dun like it, then fuck 'em!" Of course, that was easy for him to say, Urchin hadn't devoted his entire life to that 'stupid church'.

“You already know what’s going on. And how dare you speak to me of deals after..” Her hand drifted to the scar in her back where he had barely missed her heart. “After what you did.”
He somberly listened, impassive to her righteous anger, not betraying any of his own thoughts. It was her time to rant and in doing so answer the questions he had asked of her.
A manipulation? Perhaps, he'd done it to her enough times throughout the years yet she always somehow found something about him when he's around to let her guard down.
“He failed to protect my asset and my asset refused to return so I allowed it. That does not change the fact that he lied and turned her against me. She was vulnerable to such nonsense falling in love with the first powerful man she meets too selfless to withstand the iron will of his selfish desires. How long until she’s the one stabbed in the back and shoved from a cliff all because she wouldn’t simply stay FUCKING put and LET ME PROTECT HER.”
He nodded again before briefly interjecting to clarify, "Your asset, the priestess from your heist reports?"
He then let her continue, sifting the useful information from the expletives.
Then her powers started manifesting as her emotions ran higher.
The demonic energy formed itself from shadows, anger, frustration, insecurity, doubt, guilt, and whatever residual emotional waste it could latch onto. But when it turned on Gilgamesh it stopped as Gwendolyn's iron will took control once again.
Gilgamesh remained seated, unperturbed.
“And that stupid girl dragging around that little street rat! Doesn’t she understand what she’s tied to!? Who could be aiming to kill or capture him right now! No. But I do. And I’ve been working to keep that bug safe since she met him!” Her eyes were black pits of despair and she continued to speak. Objects in the room began to float. “And he’s going to introduce himself to me like I haven’t known him for days. Even if he didn’t know!”.

Voices that weren’t there seemed to raise in volume.

“But when I’m lied to she sides with them. Blames me! Tells me I’m selfish..”
He cocked his head to the side, a gesture of curiosity in his stoic demeanor.
"I didn't know Urchin was involved somehow? Clearly you've learned something I haven't, how intriguing that he's a player in this drama as well."
Things are certainly becoming clearer. The final duty she performed in purely his name is a large part of why she's become the way she is now... Disillusioned by the lie between them she now endeavors to uncover every secret about everybody, but when she uncovers a lie against her it becomes a deeply personal matter, because of the lies he told her... Lies that he still does not regret, Nor does he regret the outcome of those lies... Or so he told himself.
“I have not been sleeping well.. Using my powers has..Built up more than I’m used to dealing with..”
The storm of power was contained... For now. But she was becoming volatile, a danger to others should emotions run high again in a more public area. His power was the sort that grew more powerful with use.
"I can see that. You've been taking good care of that part of me in your life, I'm flattered."
He stood up once again and stepped forward, the voices quieted as he stood mere inches away from her.
He touched her hand lightly, briefly, but in that brief moment of contact she could feel the tiniest portion of that power recede, transferring from her to him.

"I can help you, Gwendolyn, you know I can... And you know I will if you just ask a favor of me..."
His favors were one of his most well known features. For some the price he asks in return is simple, for others complex, and still others are favors in return yet to be determined. Hundreds, if not thousands, of people in Alliria owe him a favor or two, and nobody could escape a debt with Briarthorne.
Gwendolyn would have seen him make these deals many times. For better or worse he always delivers.

_________________________​

"I don't regret helping Gwendolyn...sure I loved that church, but they weren't kind to me. How strange is it to think that people who deal in criminal activity would show more generosity and kindness towards me than the people who claim to be so holy?"
Gilgamesh nodded in agreement with her last sentiment, but he seemed to have just the answer, "Claims of holiness and piety are rarely more than that, in my experience. The truly devoted are rarely heaped with honors or titles, they quietly serve in the background, follow the tenants of their faith, and are only ever noticed when they slip up or make a mistake. I am unfamiliar with the Light you serve, but the truly devout need only the recognition of their gods, not the approval of the supposed "holy men"."

"I'm no pious servant of gods, if that's what you're asking. But my faith in her goes far beyond her skills."
Gilgamesh nodded cordially to his response, "Naturally I didn't assume you to be the pious sort, few in our line of work ever attend a church or temple service. Yet you need not attend services or hear doctrine to believe in the gods, even demons acknowledge the existence of gods."
He smiled good naturedly to himself at a thought he just had, "Perhaps our priestesses mission is to bring the word of the Light to our world of shadows and secrecy?"
Eilerias was a perceptive sort, when Charity started getting more out of hand she ushered Urchin to the kitchen and returned with the wine she'd offered, pouring him a glass, he accepted it graciously and took a sip, but set it down on the table as he raised his voice and stood to deal with Charity and Isak.

Charity's reactions to this smallest expression of his wrath was about as expected. He would have found it difficult to believe that she'd truly turned against him or underestimated him so drastically. She'd known The Father persona longer than anyone here in this room, she could question whether anything he said was true but he played the role to a T, as The Father he could be terrifying.
"I..." Rivers of tears began rolling down Charity's cheeks. Gilgamesh was one of a very select few people who could shatter her aloof, easygoing façade. "...I'm sorry, Daddy..." she said barely above a whisper. "I was just so upset with Gwen and I took it out on you... W-We know if you're not telling us something, you must have a reason."
After her tearful apologies there was no way he could remain angry with her... Even if a shred of his anger was actually real. Again, he was not above manipulation to produce the desired response, and for better or ill Charity had received a lifetime of it, learning some, enduring the rest.
While her anger was directed appropriately he hadn't reason to continue to be angry with her.
He reflected that with his lies and manipulations he ironically inspired more people to tell the truth than not... Perhaps that's his higher purpose?

He let out a sigh, releasing the tension in his voice and posture that made his reprimand strike home. Charity was normally free to do and act as she pleased with near immunity to the consequences, but The Father was one authority she couldn't evade.
"I really am so happy to see you and glad that you could come to the reunion in person. Sorry for acting like such a brat..."
He nodded to her, not favoring her with a smile but a small gesture to convey to her that he was pleased with her truthfulness and all was forgiven.

Isak was another matter entirely. Thoroughly un cowed by Gilgamesh's words, or even the reputation behind those words, The Father briefly wondered if he might get to draw blood tonight after all...
"I'm hardly capable of speaking about the bonds of father and daughter, or faith for that matter, but I have to question something." He shrugged a bit, looking at Charity and almost taking pity at her petrified state after Gilgamesh's words of rebuke. "Was it faith that brought you to my club tonight, to scream at your daughter and demand that we enlighten you about our troubles?"
Gilgamesh turned Isak's words around in his head, mulling them thoughtfully... He let his questions hang in the air for now, Eilerias was choosing to stand for herself.
"I'm sorry sir." She said, sitting back down across from him.
Gilgamesh turned his attention back to Eilerias, he remained standing as he listened, waiting for her to continue.
"I'm sorry." She repeated, staring at her distorted reflection in the cup of tea. She spoke as though they were the only two in the room, comfortable enough to confide in him as though he were a close family member and not just an acquaintance. "I kept a secret from Gwendolyn. It is something that I felt I had to hide because of my vows." She looked back up at Gilgamesh for a moment and then over to Isak, pausing as she stared at his worried expression his face. "I broke my vows. I haven't been faithful to the church. I have been seeing Isak since shortly after the heist." She paused, stopping herself before she got too into the intimate details of their relationship. "I should have told Gwendolyn before it snowballed into something so big it was making me ill to hide from her."
His jaw tensed as Eilerias confessed... The irony of a priestess in confessional with a demon was not lost on him.
Urchin came out of the kitchen to give his opinions.
But her vows... His eyes rose from Eilerias back to Isak. He processed this information, corroborating with the information he was gleaning from Gwendolyn at the same time. Pieces were fitting together, the special tea, Eilerias' illness, and now this new information... He was calm and his voice was even when he spoke next.

"As I said, Mister Lavelle, I came for the reunion. Faith is trust in things unseen, and that has nothing to do with sharing a drink amongst allies and seeing my daughter. Faith has nothing to do with your suspicious nature or Charity's misplaced anger... But faith has everything to do with Miss Eilerias."
He stroked the point on his beard for a moment in a contemplative gesture.
"She broke her vows, vows of chastity I assume... You'll have to educate me on this, Miss Eilerias, I assume these vows are a very big deal in the church of light, but did you make that vow to a man, or to your god?"
He turned back to Isak.
"Unconsciously or not, did you use the heat of the moment against her, Lavelle? In spite of everything she is mortal as well, with every fleshly weakness... Did she tell you she wanted it while she was too wrapped up in you to think clearly about the consequences? Too focused on the moment to remember her vows?"
He shook his head as he once again placed both hands on his cane.

"I'm afraid you've indeed been unfair to Miss Vollmund, all of you. You kept her in the dark as if she were an outsider, she worked closely with you but she had to find out for herself what you are now telling me. That woman has earned more than a livable share of trust issues to last her till an early grave."
He bowed his head and stood like a statue, or an oak tree, deep in thought about how to proceed. Whether punishment or further reprimand was in order... But he decided it was time to shift focus, those could come later, business first.

"Miss Eilerias of the Light."
He lifted his eyes to hers.
"I will grant you a favor, anything you desire I can give you. And in return you will do something for me."

Eilerias took a few deep breaths to calm herself after confessing everything the she believed to be the origin of the argument to Gilgamesh. She blushed, embarrassed by her inability to stop herself from oversharing, but maybe it was better someone with authority over the group knew everything.

She couldn't tell Gwendolyn now, but she could tell someone she seemed to have some past with. She kept her stare at the ground, allowing him to speak once more. She had no response to his comments about faith until he spoke of her vows. She nodded silently as he brought up her vow of chastity being the one she broke.

His question was not one she had considered before, so she thought for a moment before responding. "Well, I made the vows to the head of the Church of Light in Vel'Anir." She responded. "I suppose I made the vows to a man..." She trailed off as he turned to Isak, seemingly interrogating him about their moments spent together.

"Sir," She spoke up before Isak had the chance to respond. "Please Mr. Briarthorne, please do not put blame on Isak. I chose to break the vow." She admitted. "I...I wanted to break it. It felt right to do so." She looked over at Isak, worried about his response. She knew she was the one who initiated the breaking of her vows, not him, and Isak did not deserve the accusations he was given. "Please don't punish him for my choices."

She looked briefly between Charity and Isak as Gilgamesh lectured them on Gwendolyn's trust. "I'm sorry." She apologized once again, as though Gwendolyn could hear her. She knew Gwendolyn had no reason to forgive her, nor would she every trust her again, but that was all she wanted. She needed the woman who took her in to come back to them.

Gilgamesh calling her took her attention. She made eye contact with him as he offered her a favor.

What could he possibly need Eilerias for? She wondered, thinking it over as they stared at one another. "I'm unsure even you can force Gwendolyn to forgive my selfish actions." She was firm with her words, though there was a sadness behind them. "I wish to be with Isak." She turned from Gilgamesh to look for Isak's hand, gripping it tightly before turning back. "We are engaged to be married, but I fear that the church will find out if they are to send someone to observe me without my knowledge. If this got back to the head of the church, I am sure I would no longer be permitted to practice." She took another deep breath. "If you are able to prevent this, I will do whatever you ask of me."

“A deal with you?” Gwendolyn raised an eyebrow. Her breath caught at his touch but her face remained slightly strained but impassive.

“I have cleansing rituals to deal with my darkness.” She said stepping away with more strain entering her tone as the darkness was pulled back into her. Her eyes fading to thier normal hazy grey.

A thin line of dark red blood slowly trickled from her nose, but a quick wipe of her face and it was gone. A normal person would not have even noticed.

“I aid you as a Greywood.” She said pointing to her wrapped arm. Tearing into the wrap to reveal her tattooed flesh.

Every symbol of every family and organization connected into a tapestry that continued to her back. All uniting and combining to form a cherry rose. Her arm acting as the “stem, and branch.” of the image in the artistic sense. The Greywoods ran everything. Amadeus ran them.

The father. Her love...She blinked. Her teeth clenched. “But do not think I have forgotten. Both your deals made in past and deals made in present.

I got to see how most are repaid.” She spat. Standing at her full height. Her old scar giving a ghostly throb as she looked at his face. As impassive as it was when.. The moment flashed through her mind again.

“So you think you can trap me. Force me back under your will for a favor that would give you a meal and ease my pain?” She laughed harshly. “I would like to say I’m surprised. But I’m not the one known for lying.” She finished. Passing him and taking her seat behind her own desk.

“Leave me be for tonight sir...Please..” The last part lacking its sharp edge. It held in it the last bit of weakness she had left in her to express. He could kill her now.

She knew it. Her rage stemming from things as they were not the man solely though this man was the perfect target for its ire for many reasons.

She had not crossed the line however. While angered by him she knew her place. Those tattoos were etched into her skin over 6 decades ago. It did not change. Only the people that knew what it meant. She was still at his beckoning call. As she would be until she died.

It was what had earned her the simple word tattooed at the very bottom of her neck.

Sitting just between the top of the cherry rose the other families symbols bore and the bottom of her neck.

Easily just concealed by any shirt she or cloth wrapped like the rest of her tattoos. A single word that brought fond, warm memories to many but only brought one memory to those that understood.

“Mother.”

“A deal with you?” Gwendolyn raised an eyebrow. Her breath caught at his touch but her face remained slightly strained but impassive.

“I have cleansing rituals to deal with my darkness.” She said stepping away with more strain entering her tone as the darkness was pulled back into her.
Again Gilgamesh was tuned to listen and observe. With every word she said she gave away information, though this was information mostly about herself now.

A deal with him...

She was still betrayed and bitter, yet she couldn't conceal the feelings she still held for him and the effects he had on her. Her devotion to him still ran deeper than the dagger he plunged into her back.

Cleansing rituals...

This effect he had on his followers wasn't planned from the beginning, but it wasn't an unwelcome surprise, at least for him. Although there was an aspect about it that displeased him... It was like truth leaking out of his being, bits of his true nature that rubbed off on this world. Magic was mysterious even to its most advanced practicioners so that mystery protected his disguise, but for the information broker it was like waving a carrot in front of her nose... What was the source and true nature of this sorcerous power that Gilgamesh wields?
And yet her own suspicious nature would suspect something else even if she were to find the truth, no answer could be so simple, she knew him too well for that to be sufficient.

“I aid you as a Greywood.”
She removed the wrappings around her arm that concealed his mark. It pleased him to know that she still revered that mark and its meaning.
“But do not think I have forgotten. Both your deals made in past and deals made in present.
I got to see how most are repaid.”
He let a smirk quirk his stony expression at this. She was not wrong, he'd taken souls as payment for his favors, even taking everything they owned in exchange for his services. He wondered what she thought he would take as payment from her for doing her a favor...
“So you think you can trap me. Force me back under your will for a favor that would give you a meal and ease my pain?” She laughed harshly. “I would like to say I’m surprised. But I’m not the one known for lying.” She finished. Passing him and taking her seat behind her own desk.

“Leave me be for tonight sir...Please..” The last part lacking its sharp edge. It held in it the last bit of weakness she had left in her to express.
His smirk faded and once again the stony expression returned.
"I never once asked you to trust me, Gwendolyn. I don't need your trust. I've lied to you from day one and you were no fool. Because you chose to believe my lies you stood by my side and remained there until the day my lies could no longer shield you from the truth. At the time you loved nothing better than being my pawn but when the realization hit you that a pawn is what you were you grew to hate me..."
He leaned forward on his cane.
"Why? Where you disillusioned by an illusion you chose to accept? In spite of my deductions I've yet to come to a satisfactory answer... Yet. But you've built your entire new profession on learning secrets, you've no doubt replayed that night a thousand times over in your mind so I have to ask... Have you figured it out yet? Have you figured out why it had to be you?"
He straightened and turned towards the door but he wasn't ready to leave just yet.
"I will leave you, if that is what you truly desire. Believe the lies again, I craft them carefully and thoughtfully and you've always been happy in them... Has the truth brought you any happiness yet?"

____________________________​

"Well, I made the vows to the head of the Church of Light in Vel'Anir." She responded. "I suppose I made the vows to a man..."
He nodded in response, since he didn't know much about her religion he was I'll equipped to deal with the tenants of her own vows. He was familiar with quite a few of the gods and popular religions around Alliria, but there was always more.

"Sir," She spoke up before Isak had the chance to respond. "Please Mr. Briarthorne, please do not put blame on Isak. I chose to break the vow." She admitted. "I...I wanted to break it. It felt right to do so." She looked over at Isak, worried about his response. She knew she was the one who initiated the breaking of her vows, not him, and Isak did not deserve the accusations he was given. "Please don't punish him for my choices."
Gilgamesh raised an eyebrow at her. Her confession didn't invalidate the accusations.
"Gwendolyn is right about your selflessness, miss Eilerias. She believes you made this choice out of naivety of the world and the consequences of your actions... Can you tell me with absolute certainty that you were fully aware of what you were doing when you broke your vows of chastity with mister Lavelle?"
He studied her intently for her answer.
"I'm unsure even you can force Gwendolyn to forgive my selfish actions." She was firm with her words, though there was a sadness behind them. "I wish to be with Isak." She turned from Gilgamesh to look for Isak's hand, gripping it tightly before turning back. "We are engaged to be married, but I fear that the church will find out if they are to send someone to observe me without my knowledge. If this got back to the head of the church, I am sure I would no longer be permitted to practice." She took another deep breath. "If you are able to prevent this, I will do whatever you ask of me."
The favor was asked... And he sighed almost with relief, closing his eyes.
"You wish this transgression of your vows to be overlooked by your superiors. Make no mistake, miss Eilerias, I value your connection with the church of light far more than you realize... You may even discover why soon enough... The more we know about your religion and the teachings of your god untainted by mortal tradition, the better our chances of swaying their decision."
He opened his eyes.
"I will grant you this favor. Your honesty will be most valuable in persuading the church to allow you to continue to fellowship with them... And in return, you will become my daughter. I will adopt you into the Briarthorne family."