Private Tales Cherry Rose Inc. Reunion

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Charity Briarthorne

Mischief-Maker
Cherry Rose Inc.
Character Biography
Link
Sunlight poured through the open window, splashing itself across Charity's face. She yanked the blankets over her head grumbling, and curled up into a ball. A raven began calling loudly outside her window, and she reluctantly got out of bed. "SHUT UP YOU FUCKIN' BIRD!" Charity shouted out the window and waved her pillow threateningly. "And I was sleeping so well too!" she muttered.

Charity got dressed and leisurely made her way to the other side of the large room. "Wake up ya damn brat!" she said, using her foot to none too gently roll Urchin off of his sleeping mat and onto the floor. After joining the family, he had nowhere to go so she had taken him in. "C'mon, get dressed. We have that thing tonight and there's shit I want to get done before then!" Charity looked at him sprawled out on the floor and felt a flash of guilt. Leaning over she offered him her hand to help him up. "Uh... Sorry..." she mumbled almost inaudibly, struggling to make eye contact. She still wasn't used to living with and caring for somebody else.

Today was the day she was supposed to meet all her "friends" again. Charity had seen them around of course, but never really had a chance to sit down and talk to them. The only person she had seen frequently was Gwen, but that wasn't really anything new. Charity was more excited than she would've admitted to have a chance to sit down with them again.

Charity took the afternoon to visit Gwen, but upon finding she was away, decided to take a nap on Gwen's couch. She groaned and stretched before sitting upright. This was supposed to be the most exciting day she had had in a while, but the day just dragged on and on. It felt like the closer it got to her seeing her "friends" again, the slower time seemed to move.

Seeing the last bits of twilight vanishing from the sky out the window, Charity jumped off the couch. "SHIT!" Charity cursed and rushed out to the lobby of the club. She had no clue where Urchin had gone off to, but she figured he would show up eventually.

The club was empty of the regular rowdy patrons. Charity expelled a small "hmph" as she looked around the room. This was certainly a first. She was NEVER the first one to arrive for anything. In her mind times for meetings and such were nothing more than a suggestion.

Neither Isak nor Ogden were anywhere to be see. Charity shrugged and went over to the bar. Selecting the largest mug she could find, she filled it with ale and went back to sit at one of the large tables. "And now we wait." she thought, tipping her chair back and placing her feet on the table.

Eilerias | Gwendolyn Vollmund | Isak Lavelle | urchin | Sirius

Last edited:
Eilerias lay in her own bed for the first time in months. She had been feeling ill as of late and didn't want to risk Isak or Ogden's health...or their business. It was best if she stayed away until she was feeling well again.

Healing didn't help and she didn't have the scientific knowledge of human and elven diseases that Gwendolyn had, so she decided to just wait it out like any other virus that made its way around the gloomy city.

She had wanted to seek out Gwendolyn's guidance, but she hadn't spoken with her since the night in her archive before they left to go on their heist. She was scared of what she saw and what might have happened had Gwendolyn not awoken when she did. She wasn't sure Gwendolyn even wanted to see her after that either.

Honestly, she had thought to send word that she wouldn't be at the meeting, but she knew Charity would sooner drag her out of bed by her feet than allow her to skip out on the reunion of their little family. She was just so exhausted.

Oh well, a few more hours of sleep couldn't hurt....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She heard the familiar slam of the Raven Club's doors and shot up in bed. She crept over to the window to be greeted by the evening light and Charity entering the building.

"Oh no, what time is it?" She said out loud as she scrambled to get ready. She slipped into a white dress. It wasn't her typical priestess clothing, but it wasn't revealing. It was just a little lighter to suit the warmer weather.

She knew Isak was concerned for her eating habits since they left Alliria to carry out business in Cerak, so she had to show her face. Even if the mere thought of food had been making her violently ill. At least her illness gave her an excuse to go back home and sleep.

Eilerias slipped on a pair of flat white shoes and made sure she looked okay in her mirror. She could touch up her hair all she wanted, but she couldn't completely mask her fatigue.

Locking her door behind her, she headed across the street and entered the Raven Club. "Nice to see you again Charity." She skipped over to the blonde woman and hugged her. "Where is everyone?" She asked as she walked around the bar to look for Ogden. She then made her way to the staircase that led to the rooms upstairs. "Hello?!" She shouted, but got no immediate response. "Hmm...maybe they bailed?" She chuckled quietly as she sat down across from Charity.

"I trust everything is well to your terms, Mr Lavelle?"

Isak raised his head from the papers he was looking at, staring at the man. He looked despicable. A man too complacent and comfortably sitting on his pile of money to even look after himself. Like most of the rich fools of that city. And yet, he had something that Isak wanted. The docks, and a permit to the renovation and ownership of one of its old harbors. Isak relished in the opportunity to strike such a lucrative deal, to gain the tiniest bit of control over something so vital to Alliria. Even though he despised the man before him, Isak knew he was a powerful entrepreneur with many connections in the city, connections that he could use.

Isak opened a small smirk, letting the paper slip between his gloved fingers. "Fifty per cent of the profits from South Harbor, and your cooperation in its renovations. I'm sure it's a fair deal." Isak responded, his rasp voice echoing through the dimlit room as the two men glared at each other, separated only by a expensive and well crafted wooden desk. Isak slowly put forth a small card, the drawing of a rose on top. He saw the look in the man's eye once he picked it up, a dry smile on his lips. He already knew what it meant.

The Cherry Rose, a mark of power that he had started to use across Alliria, the mark of a powerful syndicate.

"Surely, this deal calls for a few glasses of brandy!" The man quickly rose from his chair, lousy and jumbled as he made his way towards a few shelves, filled with many drinks. He took two empty glasses from there, pouring some dark brandy on them, and Isak could tell that it was incredibly strong by the smell, even from afar. He looked at the drink for a few moments, reminding himself that he had somewhere else to be. A very important reunion.

"I'm afraid business calls me elsewhere." He said, pushing the filled glass away from him. He took some of the papers, already marked and signed, the proof of his new property. He was anxious to get his hands on that harbor, and watch his new source of income bring him profit beyond his wildest dreams. He certainly had the syndicate's, and Gilgamesh's, influence to thank for that.

Isak stood up to leave, but he paused before he could open the door of the man's office. He didn't look back, but one could tell by his cold tone that he meant to cover that man in fear. Intimidation was always a pleasurably and effective tactic. "Don't try to cross me, Mister Fowler. Or my thief master will pay you a visit, and you won't like her subtlety."

He didn't wait for any answer or retaliation, quickly making his way back to the Outer City, where the lights coming from the Raven Club could be seen all the way from the distant streets. It was a quiet evening, and he had put the order to suspend any activities at the club for the night, knowing that his merry band of misfits were all waiting to see each other again. Ogden was also away for a time, dealing with some personal matters that he refused to share any details about. Even in the distance, he spotted some movement at the club, and he wanted to announce his presence as a surprise.

Isak took a shortcut, arriving at one of the hidden entrances that he had installed, to make it safer and easier for his associates to enter the club without any fuss or curious looks. As he made his way through the storage rooms underneath the building, he could hear a few familiar voices. Her voice even, which brought a large smile to his face and a warm feeling to his chest.

"Feet off the table, Charity." He finally spoke, appearing suddenly from one of the side rooms and slowly making his way through the lobby. "I'm a terrible cleaner, and Ogden is absent for the time being." He had somewhat of a cheeky smile forming by the corner of his mouth, before he slowly approached Eilerias, almost unable to hide his happiness now. He always had a hard time hiding his emotions around her.

"Good evening, priestess." Even as happy as he was to see her, it was impossible not to notice the signs of fatigue on her face. It didn't make her any less beautiful, but it did worry Isak. "Are you well?"

Urchin, on the other hand, was snoozing away happily, completely unresponsive to the tweeting of the nearby morning birds. Yes, he was having a lovely dream where he was eating meat pies and befriending a giant, talking bear. He could've contently dozed away for another hour or two... Unfortunately, Charity had other ideas.

"Ya!" Urchin gasped in surprise as Charity kicked him off his bedroll. "I'm up, I'm up, I'm up!" he blurted out panickedly as he looked about the room. Where was he? Wooden floor. That was nice. He was sleeping in a building and not under a bridge somewhere... And no cobwebs either. Not an abandoned building that he was squatting in. Very nice... And who had woken him up? Oh shit, he hadn't been kidnapped by slavers or organ harvesters, had he? He looked up and rubbed his eyes to clear his sleepy, blurry vision... Oh yeah, Charity! He'd forgotten about his good fortune in meeting the spry young sneak thief, and how she'd kindly allowed him to sleep in her room in exchange for assisting her with some "errands". He really couldn't believe his luck in befriending her. He hadn't eaten or slept so comfortably in years.

"No worries," Urchin reassured Charity, reaching to take her hand as she pulled him to his feet. "So, what's the plan fer today?"

After getting into all kinds of mischief with their little tricks and antics (Urchin, as always, completely blown away and envious of Charity's illusion casting abilities) Charity left the boy to go visit an associate. Still having access to the room, Urchin decided to take the opportunity to clean himself up for once. He was meeting new people today, and it was always nice to make a good first impression! The lad boiled the kettle several times to fill up the big, brass basin in Charity's room, spilling a lot of water on the floor along the way. As far as Urchin was concerned, there were few things in life more enjoyable than a warm bath. Generally, living rough in the Shallows, he had to settle for rinsing himself off in the docks, fully clothed (since he was a very private young lad and had no intention of letting any random passersby see him in his birthday suit.)

After washing himself clean though, the boy was absolutely horrified to see how murky the wash water was after he was done with it. Had he really been that dirty? And that was to say nothing of the ragged old clothes that he'd left folded on the chair beside him. Taking one last look at them, the boy decided to have a little pride in himself and throw the things away. There was no salvaging them to look even marginally presentable. And besides, at Charity's suggestion, he'd stolen himself some new clothes the day before! A nice, clean, white tunic with a navy blue blazer and some pinstriped trousers with an actual belt instead of just a knotted piece of string to hold them up. Sure, the clothes didn't really fit him very well, due to being snatched from some poor sap's washing line, but at least they were clean, and he'd at least be presentable to the distinguished company. The shoes he'd stolen on the other hand... Well, they were going to be an issue. He'd stolen himself a lovely pair of brown, leather shoes, but as was often the problem with him, even the smallest of men's shoes were absolutely massive on his freakishly small feet. Looked like he'd have to go barefoot again. Not that this was a problem though, Urchin hadn't owned a proper pair of shoes for the past five years, and it wasn't going to bother him now.

Well, the hours were ticking by and Urchin didn't want to be late. Being late was for important people, not for young, low class scallywags looking to make a good first impression. As he headed down the street in his smart new get up, it didn't take long to realize that he'd already gotten himself lost. Where the heck was this Raven Club place anyway? Luckily he caught sight of Charity just as he entered the Club and followed her in.

"'Ello!" he greeted the girl and her companion as he poked his head through the door. "Sorry I'm late. 'Ey Charity, I managed ta sneak a half dozen silvers from a merchant trader while ya was gone, so the first round's on me!" he offered happily as he walked up to their table and sat himself down next to Charity.

His eyes then focused on the white haired woman across the table, rather rudely and unabashedly staring. "Oh wow, yer pretty," he declared, rather tactlessly. "I dun mean like normal pretty, I mean like magic pretty. Like elves an fairies an' them siren things what sing ta the sailors an' make 'em crash on the rocks. You an elf, Miss?"

It was then that a young and rather stylish looking man entered the room and greeted the pretty lady in a rather tender way that indicated that she was his, and perhaps Urchin should be a little more careful about where he threw his compliments... The man was very pretty too, but for once what little common sense the boy had took control and made him realize that it might be a little inappropriate to say so. "'Ello," was the simple greeting he gave instead.

Last edited:
Charity jumped out of her chair excitedly, nearly knocking it over. "Hiya Angel! Good to see ya too!" Charity hugged Eilerias back tightly. She was overjoyed to see Eilerias again, and couldn't help but smile warmly. "Woah... You look terrible! You okay?" she asked worriedly as she released Eilerias. The woman seemed to pretend not to hear Charity and sat across from her. Charity sighed and sat back down with her feet on the table.

"Feet off the table, Charity." He finally spoke, appearing suddenly from one of the side rooms and slowly making his way through the lobby. "I'm a terrible cleaner, and Ogden is absent for the time being."

"Fucking hell, man! Don't sneak up on people like that." Charity pulled her feet off the table, scowling at Isak. She couldn't help but notice the way he looked at Eilerias. A sly smirk spread across Charity's face as realization struck her. "You're terrible, Isak!" she laughed as she threw her arm over the back of her chair. Charity was happy for them, but was a little annoyed that somebody she had come to consider as a sister over the past months hadn't told her about it.

"'Ello!" he greeted the girl and her companion as he poked his head through the door. "Sorry I'm late. 'Ey Charity, I managed ta sneak a half dozen silvers from a merchant trader while ya was gone, so the first round's on me!" he offered happily as he walked up to their table and sat himself down next to Charity.

"Bout time ya showed up kid." Charity said without even looking at him. "Good going," she said grinning mischievously at him. "But you're better off saving that silver until the night is over. Never know when Isak is going to demand payment for something." She had forgotten to warn Urchin about Isak and his tendency to demand "compensation" for things. "You so much as scratch the table, and he'll charge you a week's worth of silver. And don't even try to get out of it. He takes money and payments very seriously."

Charity gave Urchin a light smack on the arm as he "complemented" Eilerias. "Sorry 'bout him. He's still new to the whole 'social' aspect." she said smiling at Eilerias. She sat in silence for a bit as she finished her drink. Charity felt a light kick under the table from Urchin, who looked at her expectantly waiting to be introduced. "Oh, right. This is my... uh... protégé Urchin. Don't bother asking him his real name. He won't tell ya. Caught the damn rat trying to steal my money. Guess my father saw some potential in him though, and brought him into the family."

Another kick, this time harder. "OW! What the hell!" Charity rolled her eyes and sighed. "Fine... They keep the rum on the shelf behind the bar. Just don't over do it tonight okay? And fill this while you're at it, won't you?" she said handing her mug to him.

Charity wasn't sure how Isak would respond to them helping themselves to his stores of booze, but she had brought (hopefully) more than enough coin to cover whatever price he might demand.

Eilerias smiled as Isak made his way over to the table. "Interesting entrance. Is it new?" She cocked her head to the side before greeting him properly. She shot him a quick look to tone down his happiness before responding to him and Charity. "I'm alright. I've been a little ill, but I'll live. I think I've been overdoing it on the healing, but people keep getting themselves hurt and it is my job to fix that. I didn't want to miss everyone coming together tonight." She looked at Charity. "I think this one would have dragged me here by my hair if I even thought about skipping out."

She saw the look on Charity's face. Eilerias' eyes went wide as she realized Charity knew that her and Isak had been spending quite a lot of time together. She knew Charity could keep a secret, so she insisted, "Please don't tell Gwendolyn, she will kill both of us." She didn't really know what to say beyond that. She feared her reputation would be ruined and she would be removed from another church. Her expression softened a bit as a young redhead burst into the club and the silence was disturbed.

She blushed as he showered her with compliments. "Urchin, that's an interesting name! I'm only half- elven, but thank you, sweetheart." She responded as she extended a hand to shake. "I'm Eilerias, the Priestess from the Church of the Light down the road and the resident healer here." She shook his hand politely. "If Charity is teaching you anything, then I have a feeling we will be seeing each other quite often."

"Oh! Isak, is there any of that Cortosi wine left or did Ogden drink it all?" She said referring to the wine deal he had secured shortly after returning from the heist. "It's actually very good, though it does hit you like a boulder in the morning. Its a special occasion! Get the new lad a glass on me." She knew Isak wouldn't charge her, but she offered anyway.

"So...Urchin...whereabouts are you from?" She put her elbows on the table and rested her chin on her hands. "How old are you? How'd you end up in Alliria?" She asked curiously as she checked out his outfit. She could tell the clothes were not his because they were a little too big, but she appreciated that he made an effort to impress them all. She made a mental note to make him some clothing that fit him when she had the chance to work on her tailoring again.

Gwendolyn had been very busy. Granted she was usually busy but this had been..different work.

Gwendolyn had been working for Amadeus Greywood, and he wanted her back in the field. So she was back in the field. She had kept this a secret from the others. Knowing would only place them in peril.

Which would be fine if there was money to be made.

There was no profit to be had from peril like this.

Only power.

She had been allowed to continue to run her information broker business so lying had not been hard. She had always been gone often, but when he called she answered.

The tattoos on her back labeled her a Greywood.

No matter how many decades ago they were applied. And that meant loyalty to the family. Until death. He had been quiet for so long. She thought he had finally died. She should have known better. She returned to her archives dragging the head of some large unholy beast behind her. It’s blood ate into the stone as she left a trail behind her. Her dusty cloak and robes replaced with light, black plate, worn under her usual figure fitting clothes.

She had forgotten she even had a figure in the first place, but judging from some of the looks she had received she still had a nice one for a woman in her first century.

“Do I have any more appointments Cleo?” She asked dropping the head in a chest as a few workers shifted it as soon as the lid shut.

Amadeus’s underlings.

They said nothing and left quickly.

“No ma’am.” Cleo chirped by her side as always. Her unblinking blue eyes roaming the list she had on her clipboard. Her quill scratched a few more boxes before she glanced away.

“All except the dinner party. Mr.Isak invited you and the rest of our friends after your last job.” Cleo said with a small smirk of excited glee. “They should all be waiting for you tonight!”

“I’ll be sorry I missed it I’m sure.” Gwen said with a tired wave ducking into her room as Cleo spluttered on the words she was going to say.

“B-but..Ma’am I..” Cleo began as Gwen slowly turned. Her long silvery blonde hair was caked with blood. Her eyes held bags under them that were like black pits of tar.

“I’m tired Cleo. This..Work..Tires me.” She wheezed before she let out a small cough. A screech of demonic pain forming darkness and smoke seemed to vent from her lips. A flower in a pot next to the entry way withered and died as the cloud passed over.

Cleo kicked open the door as the cloud carried on through the doorway and into the street.

“Close call. Cant have all that demonic waste floating around killing my house plants.” Cleo said brightly as it continued to float away.

“Now you won’t hurt a..” She began as it passed a man on a wagon instantly turning his entire face to a bare skull. “Daddy!?” A small girl riding on the back of the wagon turned and squeaked in horror.

Cleo stood there with her eyes wide and mouth agape as she slowly shut the door as there was a crash.

“Oh no! A wagon just crashed into the pitchfork and oily rags stall! Someone check on ol’ Smokey he’s the ow-.”

The door clicked shut.

“Save your demonic waste for the cleansing chamber ma’am..” She would say with a slight shake.

“Apologies.” Gwen said with a yawn moving to dump her clothes and fall into bed. “Charity was hear as well.” Cleo said following her in.

“Ah you noticed the couch as well?” Gwen asked as Cleo glanced outside of the room and to the butt print on her beautiful black marble desk.

“You..Could say that.” She grumbled. “She wanted to make sure you were coming. It would mean a lot to her.” Silence met her response as she began to redden.

“F-fine don’t go. What do I know about..Mortal..emotions..” She slowly calmed as she realized Gwen had not been exaggerating her tiredness and had fallen asleep almost instantly after falling into bed. “Well maybe later..” Cleo said with a sigh.

After a few hours Gwen had felt much better. A small cleansing ritual and a bath later and she almost felt like a new woman.

Picking a tasteful dress she did her silvery blonde hair in its usual elegant bun that hid its incredible length held in place by a pin made completely from a piece of diamond leaving it to almost seem made of glass and wrapped in a red silk ribbon. Soon she was close to the clubs entrance.

“Must you always be so late. It seems they’ve started without you..” Cleo said as she stopped her short of entering. “Besides. Your left index finger is still dislocated.” She whispered taking her mistresses hand and popping the digit back in place. A pair of red accented black gloves matching her dress covered the new cuts and scars her fighting had earned her. “The body, and face of a socialite and the hands of a killer..” A voice from the past whispered in her ear. She shoved it aside as Cleo opened the door for her and they entered gracefully. Calmly and silently taking her place at the table. Her calm, hazy grey eyes surveyed the room like the corpse of a blind man searching for his killer. They lingered on Eilerias and Isak for a moment.

The tension of her presence and arrival only broken as a smile began to spread across her face giving the dead eyes a bit of shine and warmth in them.

Cleos own expression remaining plain and professional though she seemed to be fighting her own smile. She was on duty after all. She had plenty of time to smile and laugh with Charity on her days off. “Everyone.” Gwendolyn said with a slight nod.

Isak almost failed to notice the redheaded boy staring at him, but he did notice his compliments towards Eilerias, itching the young businessman in a way that he hadn't felt before. He did his best to try and hide his menacing disgust as the kid called to him, but Isak just glared at him, as the whole room fell into a awkward silence. He wasn't fond of strangers walking around his club so casually, and it would certainly take more than Charity's good word for Isak to even begin entertaining thoughts about trusting that boy.

Eilerias walked up to him then, her smile quickly undoing Isak's brooding pose as she asked him about the new entrance that he had used to enter the lobby. He chuckled a bit, which probably would've come as a surprise to Charity seeing as no one but Eilerias had been allowed to see his softer side. She quickly tried to reassure him about her health, but Isak just couldn't feel at ease, wondering if she wasn't still feeling the effects of bringing him back from the brink of death. He knew she wouldn't just stay put and rest, as she never refused the call of someone in need, but Isak just wished that she wouldn't force herself to exhaustion with all her healing.

"I'll get you something to eat soon." His voice was soft and low, and Eilerias suddenly turned to look at Charity, before Isak realized that he was being far too obvious in his affection. They hadn't told anyone that they were together yet, and he knew that they would have to be extremely careful about it, or else he could put her entire reputation in jeopardy. He cleared his throat and recomposed himself, just as Eilerias went to speak with Charity.

He watched as the thief ran off to the bar afterwards, grabbing a few bottles and hoping that Isak wouldn't scold her or charge her for those drinks. In another times, he would probably do that, but that night was a special occasion, and he wanted everyone to enjoy their evening, without emptying his entire supplies though. "Don't worry yourself, Charity. I won't charge anything... for tonight." His lips formed a small smirk once he said that, slowly sitting at the nearby table, locking eyes with the boy called Urchin again, as he conversed with Eilerias.

"A new delivery arrived just yesterday, there should be plenty of wine for everyone. Unless Miss Charity drinks it all." He joked as he answered Eilerias' question about the Cortosi wine, glancing at her and letting his eyes linger for a bit longer than he should've. He couldn't help himself, she was always so stunningly beautiful, especially when she looked happy.

And she always looked happy to meet other people, although Isak couldn't say the same. The only time he could bear the troubles of meeting someone was when he needed to negotiate his deals, or when someone could be useful to him. That boy did remind Isak of himself a bit, but he couldn't exactly tell why. Maybe it was because he looked like a loner, something that Isak identified with, and he almost looked glad to be meeting other people as well, which made Isak wonder if Charity had been his only company, and for how long.

Before he could ask him anything, Gwendolyn arrived, wearing one of her fancy dresses and taking the attention of everyone there. He could feel her sight upon him for a moment, always looking for a point of interest, some kind of loose information that she could grab. He could also see her assistant, Cleo, always accompanying her to every place she went. They barely exchanged words before, with Isak so rarely visiting Gwendolyn in her archives, as he preferred not to disturb her work, just as he valued his own peace.

"Welcome, Gwendolyn. And Cleo." Isak greeted them before he put his gloved hand on the table, taking a quick look at the rest of the lobby before speaking up. "We're only missing Sirius now, but he's always late. Should I arrange some food and drinks?"

"But you're better off saving that silver until the night is over. Never know when Isak is going to demand payment for something."

"Fair 'nough," Urchin said, quite happily slipping the coin purse back into his pocket. "Maybe we could put some down on a dice game later, if yer up fer it," he suggested. The lad was always up for a game of dice, cards, or practically any game that he could get involved in. Life had precious few pleasures for the poor in this world, so Urchin was quick to take any opportunity he could get to have a little fun.

Charity gave Urchin a light smack on the arm as he "complemented" Eilerias. "Sorry 'bout him. He's still new to the whole 'social' aspect."

"Owh!" Urchin grumbled in protest as Charity told him off for his far too forward behavior. "What? She is pretty," he reiterated his statement. "Dun ya reckon she's pretty?" To be fair, this assessment couldn't really be argued with by anybody with a working pair of eyes. Apparently Urchin hadn't caught on that his issue wasn't so much his admiration of the lady, but the fact that he just blurted it out so blatantly. Luckily he was still young enough that he could get away with his forthright honesty without gaining a black eye in the process... Most of the time at least.

Another kick, this time harder. "OW! What the hell!" Charity rolled her eyes and sighed. "Fine... They keep the rum on the shelf behind the bar. Just don't over do it tonight okay? And fill this while you're at it, won't you?" she said handing her mug to him.

Now that's what he was after. Happily taking Charity's mug in his hand, Urchin quickly ran off to dive behind the bar, returning with two full mugs of rum. Charity's and another, considerably larger. Looked like the lad had not exactly taken her advise to heart.

"I'm Eilerias, the Priestess from the Church of the Light down the road and the resident healer here."

"Oh, a Priestess?" Urchin asked curiously. "So yer like one of 'em ladies what lives in a church an' prays all day? What ya doin' hangin' out with scum like us?" he asked teasingly. "So, Church o' Light... Which one's that? They ain't the ones what kidnap little children an' then burn 'em up as sacrifices, are they? ... Or was that the Church o' Fire? I can't remember." Eilerias certainly didn't look like the type to make sacrifices out of live children, but you could never really tell.

"Oh! Isak, is there any of that Cortosi wine left or did Ogden drink it all?" She said referring to the wine deal he had secured shortly after returning from the heist. "It's actually very good, though it does hit you like a boulder in the morning. Its a special occasion! Get the new lad a glass on me."

Well, it looked like Urchin had made a new friend. Maybe being utterly blunt and tactless with his compliments wasn't such a bad thing after all. "Ah, thank ya Miss!" he declared happily. He generally stuck to the cheaper drinks as fancy wines were a little out of his price range. Still, he certainly wasn't one to turn his nose up at a free drink. "Yer a real peach, ya know that?" Yes, it looked like him and Eilerias were going to get along swimmingly... Isak on the other hand... Maybe not so much. Perhaps now would be a good point to stop laying the compliments on so thick with his lady, if the boy hand any common sense... He didn't.

"So...Urchin...whereabouts are you from?" She put her elbows on the table and rested her chin on her hands. "How old are you? How'd you end up in Alliria?"

"Oh, from 'ere in Alliria. Born an' raised. My Ma' worked the Honey Pot up by the docks, so I lived their most o' my life, then moved down ta the Shallows when I out stayed my welcome." You would've thought that a boy would want to keep that information private. The Honey Pot was a rather low class brothel and being raised there wasn't exactly something to be proud of. Honestly though, Urchin didn't understand the meaning of shame. "Can't say fer sure 'ow old I is. Ma' never really kept track. Older than I looks though." Which could mean anything considering the boy could easily pass for 13. If he could take a guess though, he'd place himself around 17.

Now, while the boy seemed to be rather popular with the ladies, it looked like he and Isak had gotten off on the wrong foot, considering he'd responded to his greeting with a scowl. Yikes, this guy was intimidating. Urchin would have to watch his step, especially considering that the club belonged to him.

"Don't worry yourself, Charity. I won't charge anything... for tonight."

"Ah, swell!" Urchin declared happily as he downed his rum. Perhaps he should've paid more attention, just because he wasn't being charged for tonight didn't mean he wouldn't have to pay Isak back eventually. That said, Urchin wasn't really one to plan ahead and would happily drink himself stupid while the alcohol was on offer.

"We're only missing Sirius now, but he's always late. Should I arrange some food and drinks?"

"I like food!" Urchin quickly agreed, despite the fact that the offer wasn't being made to him. "An' I like drink."

His attention was quickly distracted though, by the new lady that arrived. He'd never quite seen anybody like her before. "... Are ya blind?" he asked, rather stupidly. It should be pretty obvious that she could see considering the woman walked into the club and took her chair with ease, as well as made eye contact with everybody that she spoke to. But the boy was confused by her cloudy eyes. He'd never seen eyes quite like that on anyone before... And they weren't quite the eyes of a blind person either. They were something else. Perhaps the eyes of a person who saw more than any mortal eyes could see.

Last edited:
Charity looked around at the group that had gathered. Despite her general indifference towards most people, she was finding it extremely difficult to not grin like a dumb idiot. Resisting the urge to get up and hug each of them was proving to be a challenge.

She smiled reassuringly at Eilerias, taking hold of her hand. "C'mon Angel. You know I can keep a secret!" Charity said giving the woman's hand a light squeeze. She knew Eilerias had a reputation to uphold as a pure and holy priestess, and she would do everything in her power to keep it that way.

"Owh!" Urchin grumbled in protest as Charity told him off for his far too forward behavior. "What? She is pretty," he reiterated his statement. "Dun ya reckon she's pretty?"

Charity sighed. Really it was her fault that Urchin didn't know better. "Yes, she is very beautiful. But you can't just blurt out things like that." She lowered her voice to a whisper and leaned in towards the boy. "Especially now that she's with Isak. Don't know if he's the jealous type. But what I do know is that you don't want to get on his bad side." Charity had seen what happened to people Isak didn't like. And it was never a pretty sight.

"Don't worry yourself, Charity. I won't charge anything... for tonight." His lips formed a small smirk once he said that, slowly sitting at the nearby table, locking eyes with the boy called Urchin again, as he conversed with Eilerias.

"A new delivery arrived just yesterday, there should be plenty of wine for everyone. Unless Miss Charity drinks it all."

"Really?! That's so generous of you! I'll never be able to thank you enough for your kindness!" Charity chirped insincerely. At Isak's mention of her drinking all the wine, she tilted her head to smirk at him. "Was that a challenge, Lavelle?" Her face split into an even bigger smile. "And I don't drink that much!" she giggled, knowing she could effortlessly out drink anybody in the room.

Her fun was interrupted by the sound of Urchin asking Eilerias if she sacrificed children. "Of course she doesn't you dumbass!" she snapped, smacking him on the arm once again. "I've never seen her hurt as much as a fly since I've known her! You can't ask people things like-"

Charity's eyes opened wide as a figure walked through the door. "GWEN!!" She leapt up from her chair knocking it to the floor and rushed over to wrap Gwen in a tight bear hug. "I'm so glad you came! I went to see if you would and Cleo said she wasn't sure if you would have the time! You're too busy! I hardly ever get to see you anymore!" Charity realized she was beginning to ramble and released Gwen. "...Sorry. I guess I got a little over excited... Anyway come sit next to me!"

"No! She's not blind!" Charity said with some annoyance. She would have to sit him down and teach him about keeping his mouth shut. "Gwen, this is Urchin. The scamp I was telling you about last time!" Charity scooted her chair closer to Gwen and leaned against her with a large smile on her face.

"Well I do spend a lot of time in the church, but no I don't steal children." She chuckled at the boy asking her questions and Charity's reaction. "Gwendolyn hired me to heal her associates, and I couldn't say no. She saved me when I first came to Alliria." She ruffled the boy's hair.

She couldn't help but laugh out loud as Charity defended her. "I wouldn't know about that." She responded. "I think your opinion on my passiveness may change when I tell you about this trip we took to save some enslaved people in Cerak." She was unsure if she would share the part where she threw up some strange shadow creature and killed a man with it, but she was excited to share that she came up with the plan and somehow by the God of Light, it worked out!

"The shallows, huh?" She raised an eyebrow, turning her attention back to Urchin. "I've only been there once or twice. It's a little spooky, but they have such luxurious fabrics for sewing. The neon colors are so beautiful!" She looked toward Isak, curious about how he felt about the Shallows nowadays, but he didn't seem interested in their conversation as he said something privately to her.

Eilerias shook her head gently at Isak as he spoke. She knew he was a little obsessive over her eating habits after finding out that she had been giving all of her money to her church and feeding those who worshipped before she fed herself. He made sure to put food on her table if she wasn't going to do it herself, and she had been eating. Though she looked tired and queasy, she did look healthier. She was no longer bony and hollow looking, which she could tell made Isak feel better to see.

She wanted to pull him aside and tell him she really couldn't eat anything that wasn't the stale bread she had been nibbling on all week, but then Gwendolyn walked in. A chill went down her spine as she could feel her hazy grey eyes burn holes in her and Isak, examining the room. "Hi Gwendolyn, its nice to see you." She was quiet and remained in place as she delivered her greeting, a stark contrast from her running in to hug Charity just a little while ago.

She was jealous of the way her and Charity interacted, like mother and daughter. It was something she longed for in Gwendolyn, but her cold attitude towards her lack of awareness always made her feel bad about herself. She couldn't help but act on her impulses, while Gwendolyn was calm and calculated. Even Charity had the foresight to plan ahead most of the time, while Eilerias just followed her feelings and her faith.

"Hey, do you mind if I swing by your archive later?" She looked nervous as she waited for an answer. "I just wanted to see if you have books about human and elven illnesses. You have information on everything, so I don't see why you wouldn't have those." She spoke quickly, getting more nervous as she did so. "I think I should really expand my knowledge about healing these days with illnesses going around Alliria so quickly."

“Ah, Charity. I-oof!” Gwen gave a slight squeak of pain loud enough for just Charity and Cleo could hear as she was seized into a tight hug.

“I missed you too young one.” She said with a slightly groan said as Charity released her. Her eyes softening as they met the young sneakthiefs. She sat next to her and placed an arm over her shoulder allowing her to lean against her. “You’ve been missing your training sessions. Cleo thinks it because your scared to spat with her.” Gwen whispered.

“Hey! That’s not true! I said she scared me! Last time she tied me up in my own tail and...” the assistant reddened slightly. Her black bird wings folding and vanishing behind her back fading to shadow. “And sat on my back until I made chicken noises..”

Gwen chuckled. After the harrowing events of the time between that stupid heist, usual clients and Amadeus’s various biddings..

Gwen had needed this. Eilerias had a more reserved greeting. Gwendolyn gave a slow nod of response, and simply listened as the girl gave her self to her usual outpouring. Gwen blinked as she ended.

“Child I know you fear me. But conversations with me are not what should worry you. Disloyalty, and lies are.” She glanced between Isak, and the priestess again. Every pass seeming to put more together. “Cleo how many slaves did that client curse about losing. Recently.”

“Oh That would be here.” Cleo chirped quickly pulling out a paper and handing it to her boss. Gwen looked at the report. “Cerak?” She mused reading further. Her left eyebrow raising by the word. She gave the paper back to her assistant. “So, what have you two been up to? Just enjoying-.”

"... Are ya blind?" he asked, rather stupidly. It should be pretty obvious that she could see considering the woman walked into the club and took her chair with ease, as well as made eye contact with everybody that she spoke to. But the boy was confused by her cloudy eyes. He'd never seen eyes quite like that on anyone before... And they weren't quite the eyes of a blind person either. They were something else. Perhaps the eyes of a person who saw more than any mortal eyes could see.
Gwen was distracted as Charity berated her pupil.

“No I am not blind child. In fact some would say I suffer from a curse of sight far too powerful.” She smiled at the little ruffian with a slight acceptance in her gaze.

“If Charity brings you around some time we could talk about what I see.” She said with a chuckle. She blinked and for a moment her eyes were simply twin black pits. A small circle of white in the middle where her irises usually were. Another blink and they were back to their ghostly self. Any one not paying extreme attention would have missed the sight.

“Now where was I..” Gwen muttered tapping her chin. “Ah yes.” Her eyes fell back on Eilerias. “Of course you can come to the archives. Cleo likes you better than this rouge anyway.” She said casually. It seemed they had evaded suspicion..for now.

Gwen was on to them, but the party almost acted as a bribe. Her enjoyment of her time here overriding her viciously gnawing curiosity.

Isak recognized the look in Gwendolyn's eyes, the look that said she knew something. And she knew everything. Knowledge was her greatest weapon after all, and Isak respected that deeply, for he also dealt in information, and that's why their partnership had been so successful. But her gaze towards Eilerias was almost caring, before it turned to suspicion once it went back to Isak.

He could understand that, not only Eilerias was one of Gwendolyn's most important assets, she also cared greatly for the healer, always giving her counsel and pointing out how much the world was perverse, so she could never put her trust in other people blindly.

Little did she know, that Isak had also been teaching her similar lessons, and they both had seen much of the evil things that the world had to offer in those past few months, but they managed to get through of all that, together. Trust didn't came by Isak easily, and perhaps the people there were the only ones that he could impart such trust.

He was quite surprised to hear that some of the people that him and Eilerias had encountered, and killed, in Cerak were former clients of Gwendolyn, and Isak began to wonder if they had bought only information from her, of it was something else. Sadly, the dead could tell no tales, and their ashes had long since been scattered to the four winds, after Isak and Eilerias burned their properties to the ground and saved those slaves from their bondages.

Isak looked at Eilerias for a bit, trying his best not give away the affection in his eyes, seeing her happy and relieved that Gwendolyn allowed her to visit the archives again. He know much Gwendolyn meant to Eilerias, almost like a mother. He could already imagine that Gwendolyn had questions for the both of them, and he also feared for Eilerias' reputation, but there was no better keeper of secrets in the whole of Arethil than Gwendolyn Vollmund herself, especially when such secrets mattered so much to people that she cared for.

He took out a silver pocket watch from his coat, holding it on his gloved hand and carefully watching as the seconds passed, before looking at the doors and putting the watch away, just as a few of his guards, and Ogden behind them, barged inside the club, carrying several crates and dishes. "We got everythin' ready, boss!" The dwarf shouted, putting down a crate of ale near Charity. "Here ya go, little thief!" The guards began to set up a few tables, filling them with food and several bottles of different drinks.

Isak had dismissed all the club's workers that night, but he still had Ogden and his mercenaries available to help him arrange some food and drink for that reunion, before Charity and her little brat friend could drink all of his reserves.

"I believe that's our dinner." Isak said with a short smirk on his lips, before reaching for one of the wine bottles, and walking towards Eilerias as she took one of the glass cups. He opened the bottle and poured some of the wine on her glass, before slowly leaning towards her, his lips just a few inches away from ear, his voice a whisper that only she could hear. "I got your favorite wine, my darling."

Isak poured some wine on his own glass and waited for the rest of them to prepare their drinks, so they could have a toast for that awkward but very anticipated reunion.

"Yes, she is very beautiful. But you can't just blurt out things like that." She lowered her voice to a whisper and leaned in towards the boy. "Especially now that she's with Isak. Don't know if he's the jealous type. But what I do know is that you don't want to get on his bad side."

"Sorry, didn't mean no 'arm," Urchin mumbled halfheartedly as Charity scolded him for being too blunt. When Charity whispered something to him though, the boy only gave a childish laugh before leaning close to Charity to whisper back to her. "Ya think 'es worried I'm gonna steal 'is woman? The beautiful elf lady runnin' away with the scrawny ginger teenager? Well game on, I'm gonna woo 'er with my irresistible charms, just ya watch," he teased. After all, what woman could ever resist a 5'4 half starved runt carelessly blurting out whatever thought came into his scatterbrained little head? ... Though Charity did have a point. Maybe Urchin should be a little more careful not to piss off Isak. The guy was scary.

Charity chirped insincerely. At Isak's mention of her drinking all the wine, she tilted her head to smirk at him. "Was that a challenge, Lavelle?" Her face split into an even bigger smile. "And I don't drink that much!"

Urchin grinned when Charity insisted that she didn't drink that much. "I do!" he declared... Which was true on the rare occasions when he could actually get his hands on some alcohol. Of course, that didn't mean he could hold his liquor, he could just drink rather large quantities before passing out. "An' if yer makin' a challenge outta it then count me in! I love drinkin' games!" and he knew them all! Two Truths and a Lie, Never Have I Ever, Most Likely, Straight Face. And he was a master of them all... Except for Straight Face, he always burst out laughing at even the most mildly humorous comment. Whether or not this crowd could be roped into a drinking game though, he wasn't sure.

"Of course she doesn't you dumbass!" she snapped, smacking him on the arm once again. "I've never seen her hurt as much as a fly since I've known her! You can't ask people things like-"

"Ow!" he groaned again. His poor little arm was taking a beating tonight. "What? Ya never know. Some o' these new religions get up ta real dodgy stuff. Ever 'eard of The Church o' Lechery? Ya dun wanna know what they get up to, trust me. They pray ta this statue of a big, muscley guy with 100..." but his words trailed off when Charity went off to meet Gwen. Too bad, she'd never know what the God of lechery had 100 of.

"No! She's not blind!" Charity said with some annoyance. She would have to sit him down and teach him about keeping his mouth shut. "Gwen, this is Urchin. The scamp I was telling you about last time!"

"Sorry," he mumbled again. "Were just asking." Looked like Urchin wasn't making the best impression. He'd have to make more of an effort at what they called 'polite conversation'. Though having the grace and manners of a bull in a china shop, he'd have to watch his tongue very carefully. "Oh, ya told 'er 'bout me? That's swell! All good things, right?" As if poor Charity had anything good to say about the boy besides his skills as a dirty, rotten pickpocket.

"Well I do spend a lot of time in the church, but no I don't steal children." She chuckled at the boy asking her questions and Charity's reaction. "Gwendolyn hired me to heal her associates, and I couldn't say no. She saved me when I first came to Alliria." She ruffled the boy's hair.

Urchin beamed a smile like a happy puppy when Eilerias ruffled his hair. He liked this lady already, he could tell! She was nice. "Oh, so you got magic too?" he asked, eyes wide with interest. The lad had an absolute fascination for all things magical, despite having no aptitude for the art himself. "How's it work? Ya gotta mix potions up together an' stuff, or do ya just sorta wave yer hands over people an' all the cuts an' bruises go away?"

"I wouldn't know about that." She responded. "I think your opinion on my passiveness may change when I tell you about this trip we took to save some enslaved people in Cerak."

"Oh wow," Urchin said, quite impressed. "Now that's a good deed if ever there was one. Church o' Light must be one of 'em good religions. Cerak, ya say? Friend o' mine used ta be a slave in Cerak At'Thul. They cut out 'is tongue. Now 'e can't talk none." ... And there he was bringing up whatever thought came to mind again. Maybe 'polite conversation' wasn't for him.

"The shallows, huh?" She raised an eyebrow, turning her attention back to Urchin. "I've only been there once or twice. It's a little spooky, but they have such luxurious fabrics for sewing. The neon colors are so beautiful!"

"Oh yeah, they got real nice silks," Urchin agreed. "Cheap too! I could get ya some if ya like. Reckon a nice royal blue would suit ya perfect... Or maybe some green an' gold fabrics ta match yer pretty eyes. What ya think?"

As Cleo followed in after Gwendolyn, Urchin found himself looking at the strange creature in awe. What in the world was she? An angel? A demon? He'd never seen anything like her before. She was both beautiful and fascinating and for once, Urchin found himself at a loss for words. Especially when Cleo folded her wings and they faded away into the shadows. "Woah," Urchin muttered... And then realized he was staring. He then quickly turned away from Cleo before Charity could notice. He didn't want to be punched in the arm again.

“No I am not blind child. In fact some would say I suffer from a curse of sight far too powerful.” She smiled at the little ruffian with a slight acceptance in her gaze.

“If Charity brings you around some time we could talk about what I see.” She said with a chuckle. She blinked and for a moment her eyes were simply twin black pits. A small circle of white in the middle where her irises usually were. Another blink and they were back to their ghostly self. Any one not paying extreme attention would have missed the sight.

"Oh, wow," Urchin gasped as he saw the strange alteration in the woman's eyes. It was a kind of magic that Urchin had never even heard of before, let alone seen. "So... Ya can see stuff what ain't there? Like the past an' the future an' stuff?" he sure hoped the woman couldn't see into people's minds. Could she tell all of Urchin's secrets just by looking at him? The thought made the lad very uneasy. He had a lot to hide and had no intention of his new friends finding out.

"We got everythin' ready, boss!" The dwarf shouted, putting down a crate of ale near Charity. "Here ya go, little thief!" The guards began to set up a few tables, filling them with food and several bottles of different drinks.

Urchin's eyes lit up like a pair of fireflies when he saw all the food and drink that Isak's men were bringing in. "Woah!" he gaped, "Is this all fer us?" the boy didn't even wait for an answer before reaching across the recently set table, grabbing a meat pie and shoving it in his mouth.

Remembering his manners, he turned back to Isak. "Anch ou!" he thanked his generous patron, with his mouth full of meat and pastry. He would definitely need to make more of an effort to get on the man's good side. He gave people food!

Charity snuggled closer to Gwen with a contented smile as Gwen put her arm over her. Her smile faded a bit as Gwen mentioned her training. "But training with Cleo is no fun... She always goes easy on me! All she's taught me so far are parlor tricks!" Charity whined looking up at Gwen. "That's why I tied up up with her tail and sat on her. Told her I would keep doing it too until she took my training seriously. Charity's smile took on a more mischievous edge. "Besides... Who needs training when they have raw skill?"

Raising her arm a bit, Charity pointed at one of the empty bottles sitting on the table. After concentrating for a moment, there was a barely discernable twitch of her finger, and she lowered her hand. Only those paying very close attention would have noticed a slight shimmer rocket from her hand and pass harmlessly through the bottle. At first it seemed like nothing had happened, but after a moment a quiet tink! could be heard. Then it again appeared like nothing was happening. A fine line began racing its way down the bottle from the neck to the base, and the bottle split, each half falling to the side. Charity caught movement in the corner of her eye, and her eyes darted towards a dark corner of the room just in enough time to see a shadow shrinking away.

"That'll be your tail next, Savoca, unless you start taking this seriously." Charity said trying her best to sound menacing. Tearing her eyes away from the darkness, her face twisted, fighting back laughter as Cleo had turned white as a ghost. She snuggled back up against Gwen as the woman started to converse with Eilerias.

This cuddling was short lived however as Ogden and his men hustled into the club. Unpacking crates, they set about laying out food and drinks. Charity's eyes opened wide with excitement and amazement. This must have all cost Isak a pretty penny! She was shocked that he had gone to all this trouble for the party. Charity had been expecting a much simpler meal, and cheap drinks, knowing how Isak was with his money. She wasted no time in joining Urchin, grabbing a meat pie herself and taking a giant bite out of it. This was going to be the best party she had ever been to!

Disloyalty and lies....

Eilerias shifted uncomfortably in her spot as Gwendolyn and Cleo discussed their trip to Cerak. She was unsure if Gwendolyn was suspicious of them or genuinely interested in the recent trip. She nodded as Gwendolyn mentioned Cerak, nervously twisting the unique petite white gold ring on her finger adorned with a diamond and two rare blue stones on either side of the diamond.

Jewelry was something Eilerias usually strayed far away from. It was far too expensive for her to ever justify keeping for herself, but the expensive ring was a gift from Isak- an engagement ring. She hadn't even told the people she considered friends that they were together, save for Charity who had figured it out herself and exposed the two of them to her new protégé, Urchin.

"I do, healing magic!" She smiled proudly. She loved talking about her work and especially the church. "I get it all from the light god Sol'Nityr!" Of course, she didn't mention the darker side of her magic, but it wasn't really relevant to the conversation anyway. "Maybe we should take a trip together and pick out some fabrics you like." She suggested, "I'll make you some proper clothes that fit you!"

Her ears twitched to some strange noise she heard from across the room. She turned to see a bottle crack clean down the middle and splitting in half. "When did you learn that Charity? Can you do that to people?" She asked, watching Charity sit down before Gwendolyn answered her previous question.

She felt Gwendolyn's eyes shift back to her but her eyes dropped to the floor, avoiding her suspicious look. "Thank you Ms. Gwendolyn." She quietly responded, looking up to smile at Cleo. Gwen's assistant always treated her kindly, which Eilerias appreciated her for, though Eilerias didn't know it was likely because her healing abilities were deadly to her kind.

Her attention was once again drawn away by Ogden bringing in food and drinks for the group. She thanked him and Isak's men politely as they began to set up the food and drinks all around them. Isak's voice gave her goosebumps as he whispered in her ear, causing her to blush. "You scared me!" She turned around and whispered back at him.

She was quiet as Isak began a toast to the group. After he had concluded his speech, she brought the glass to her lips and at the inhalation of its pungent scent, she felt herself gagging. "Pardon me." She covered her mouth as she tried to set the glass down on the table, knocking it over in the process. She turned away from the group quickly and made her way up the staircase and to the bathroom to throw up.

Last edited:
“Raw skill will get you far enough to get you killed. Learned timing will make your skill an asset.” Gwen said with a small tut. Her own fingers pointing at where the bottle had been before it began reforming. “And you heard her Cleo.

No more training wheels.” Gwen said with a smirk as Cleo gave her a funny kind of smile. “Will do ma’am.” She said with a smirk. A finger still stuck between her human looking teeth. “Cleo. You have something left over from..earlier today..” Gwen hissed as Cleo quickly closed her mouth and swallowed looking embarrassed.

She was human after all. Her short professionally cut raven hair fell in a bob and fair skin and bright blue eyes really came together to form a cute assistant. But her eyes never blinked.

Her teeth seeming to shift between normal human and a maw of teeth sharper than razor blades, she saw the tribulation Eilerias had with the wine and rose as the girl left up the stairs. “One moment child.” She whispered to Charity standing to go after her. She would shoot Isak a look if he moved to follow. It was a look that would hopefully freeze him in his tracks.

“You have done enough.” She said not in a manner of accusation. But in a way that spoke of her knowledge on what they had been up to. Gwen had been allowing the girl far too much freedom in a world that could easily turn deadly. There had been a time when Eilerias stayed by her side as much as Cleo. This hadn’t been the case sense meeting Isak.

In all honesty Gwen felt guilty. Guilty for throwing her to the wolves in a sense and assuming she would be as fine as the rest. She was not and Gwen could feel it. Something was very wrong with her.

She followed up the stairs and would listen to the girl finish vomiting before entering the room. There was no knock. No permission asked.

Gwen kept her secrets to protect people.

Others had privacy for tribal things.

Many times for things she already knew.

She simply entered and would place a hand in the girls shoulder. “It’s the darkness isn’t it..” she said with a sigh.

Isak felt a unfamiliar feeling coursing through him, making his skin warm. After such a long time, seeing those people there, it made him... happy. It was unusual, but it was something that he had learned from Eilerias, hearing her talk about her bonds with Gwendolyn and Charity, and Isak also had a bond of great friendship, with the dwarf Ogden. He had learned to trust him, as well as those people there, strangers that got together seeking fame and riches but who now called each other friends. He was still getting used to that notion, to letting his barriers down so that his friends could come to truly know him, but he was slowly progressing.

He had promised it to Eilerias, that he would at least try, to trust other people. As she had said to him that he taught her how to not be so naive and innocent in a place like Alliria, he now owed it to her to let other people know him. He would never get over how Charity managed to bleed him dry of his drinks every time she was around the club though.

He looked at everyone there for a moment, watching them in their moment of bliss. Isak slowly raised his glass and the room fell into a awkward silence, as they all looked to him and waited. He wasn't really fond of speeches. Before he could say something, he felt Eilerias' hand softly and gently entwining with his, beneath the table, giving him the confidence he needed. "It's... good, to have you all here again. I suppose we should call it a celebration, even." His lips formed into a awkward smile, but he pressed on. "To many more nights like this, and to the health of the Cherry Rose."

Shortly after, Charity led them into a hooray along with Ogden and they all toasted together, the noisy sound of glass echoing throughout the lobby. Isak drank all of his wine in one go before looking at Eilerias and noticing that she hadn't drink her wine, her favorite one. It was then that he felt that something was wrong, but before he had a chance to say something, she put her hand over her mouth and bolted towards the stairs. He wanted to run after her, but Gwendolyn had already crossed over the table and passed by him, her words cold and menacing as was her look at him, like he had done something wrong.

He was frozen in place for a few moment while the rest of the people there kept enjoying their drinks, until he decided to go after them. Ogden reached for his arm, stopping him momentarily. "It's probably ladies stuff, boss! Come enjoy yar drink!" The look Isak shot Ogden was unlike anything the dwarf had ever seen, his eyes almost turning fully dark before the young man hastily climbed through the stairs to reach the open bathroom where Eilerias and Gwendolyn were talking.

He could feel Gwendolyn's cold gaze again, but all that mattered now was to see if Eilerias was well. "You may threaten me with your secrets, Gwendolyn. But leave Eilerias out of it, I'm only here for her." Without warning, he barged inside the bathroom and lowered himself to check on her, noticing how pale she was. He suspected she was still being stubborn about eating the food he arranged for her, but she had never been this ill before.

"Let me take you to our room, love." He said without hesitation, but his voice was soft as he almost begged her to accept his aid. He didn't care that he could've blurted out the depth of his relationship with Eilerias to Gwendolyn by calling her with such affection, he was desperate to see if she was alright.

“This is more than you can handle. The darkness never halts its feast on one being..or ones sanity.” Gwendolyn snapped her final words breaking her sharpness with a tone of total compassion. Like a blade being shattered upon the rock of reality. She was by her side and remained even as Isak approached. “This only happens when she uses her shadows. I kept her safe. Allowed her to use her light to heal people. Protected her.” She spat. “I thought you would as well.” Her eyes narrowed. “I was wrong.” She picked up Eilerias in her arms.

“You fell in love with her. You went soft. And You placed her in a position so perilous she had to call a darkness so powerful it’s devouring her. You kept it a secret for the sake of a silly marriage that could cost her her faith and reputation! and you allowed her to reach this state.”

Her eyes held an angry so purely focused it was a wonder her eyebrows did not turn to ash.
“Do you notice the YOU at the beginning of every negative sentence. It’s because it was selfish!”

“If you weren’t her husband I would kill you for such selfish and lustful behavior.” Her eyes closed and she let out a short exhale.

“Be that as it may. We both wish her well so you can accompany me to return her home...The state of her might vary. Just be prepared.” She said heading for the door carrying her in her arms.

“I can cleanse her at the archives but her darkness is unique. It could have no effect but it’s all I know to do.” She said with a slight desperation entering her normally level tone.

Eilerias sat still as Gwendolyn came in. She shook her head as she mentioned the darkness and the shadows. "Gwendolyn..." Her voice trailed off as Isak burst in after her. She stared in horror at the two of them as they argued in front of her.

She went white as a ghost when he called her 'love' in front of Gwendolyn, prompting her to become furious with him. She knew Gwendolyn was suspicious before, but now it was all in the open. She wasn't sure how many details of their relationship Gwendolyn knew, but regardless she knew they were now together. "Gwendolyn please leave me here. I'm alright." She tried to calm the situation and wriggle from her grip. "I promise, I'm fine."

She knew neither of them believed her. They had no reason to. She had been keeping secrets from Gwendolyn for months and hadn't told Isak she had been sick. "It's not the darkness, but it is the reason I wanted to visit the archives. I've been sick." She looked down, not wanting to make eye contact with either of them.

"Before you ask, Isak, I promise I have been eating." Her voice was a little more harsh than she wanted it to be. "I just can't keep anything down. It's been, I don't know..." she counted on her fingers, trying to figure out how many weeks she'd been feeling ill. "It's been like three or four weeks I think. I feel terrible, but I know its not the shadows. I haven't even been healing people. I've been staying in the light. I haven't heard them speaking to me." She admitted to the two of them, still not looking from her hands. She was being honest now, she really had not heard the shadows since the night her and Isak stayed in some Elven ruins.

"I just wanted to know more about illnesses of humans and elves so I could figure out what was wrong with me." She frowned. "It's selfish, but I want to feel better." She admitted, feeling guilty as she said so. "So please, would you leave me here or help me find some books?" Her tone got uncharacteristically sharp again, this time aimed at Gwendolyn.

Last edited:
Raising her arm a bit, Charity pointed at one of the empty bottles sitting on the table. After concentrating for a moment, there was a barely discernable twitch of her finger, and she lowered her hand. Only those paying very close attention would have noticed a slight shimmer rocket from her hand and pass harmlessly through the bottle. At first it seemed like nothing had happened, but after a moment a quiet tink! could be heard. Then it again appeared like nothing was happening. A fine line began racing its way down the bottle from the neck to the base, and the bottle split, each half falling to the side. Charity caught movement in the corner of her eye, and her eyes darted towards a dark corner of the room just in enough time to see a shadow shrinking away.

"Woah!" Urchin gasped in awe at Charity's little trick, leaning across the table to get a look at the bottle she'd just split in half. "That's some proper magic right there, Charity. Is it real, or is it like one o' yer illusion tricks?" he asked, reaching out to touch the bottle to see if it had truly split in half... And promptly cutting his finger on the glass. "Youch!" he yelped, quickly sticking his finger in his mouth to stop the bleeding. Yep. It was real. "How'd ya do that? What kinds magic is it?" he asked, utterly fascinated.

She snuggled back up against Gwen as the woman started to converse with Eilerias.

Urchin couldn't help but feel a little jealous of Charity and Gwen's relationship. They seemed so close. It must be nice to be loved that much. It wasn't that his own mother hadn't been affectionate. No, she'd been extremely good to him. On the occasions when she wasn't drunk, drugged up or entertaining men... Which wasn't often. He wished he'd been able to spend more time with her while she was still alive... Still, since meeting Charity, he had started to feel for the first time in years like he actually had somebody who cared for him. Like he belonged somewhere... Almost like having a family again. It was nice! He hope he didn't do anything stupid to bugger it up.

"I do, healing magic!" She smiled proudly. She loved talking about her work and especially the church. "I get it all from the light god Sol'Nityr!" Of course, she didn't mention the darker side of her magic, but it wasn't really relevant to the conversation anyway. "Maybe we should take a trip together and pick out some fabrics you like." She suggested, "I'll make you some proper clothes that fit you!"

"Oh wow, yer God gives ya magic? That sounds like a swell deal. Most folk pray ta their Gods fer their whole lives an' dun get shit. I wouldn't mind sayin' a few prayers if I got some proper magic outta it. What ya gotta do ta get the magic?" he asked, as if magical powers granted by a God were something that could be brought with a few fake prayers and twiddling his thumbs in church for a couple of hours a week.

At the offer of Eilerias taking him into town to buy some new fabric and make him some clothes that actually fit him, his eyes widened at the prospect. "Really?" he asked hopefully. Clothes made specifically to fit him? Sweet Gods, how long had it been since he'd last worn something that wasn't snatched off of somebody else's washing line? ... But then, he wasn't really in a position to ask for such a favor. "I dun 'ave much coin right now." He admitted sadly. "Dun reckon I'd 'ave enough ta buy no decent fabric. Let 'lone 'nough ta pay ya fer all the sewin' an' stuff."

Suddenly though, Eilerias darted up the stairs with her hand over her mouth, looking extremely nauseous. "Ya'll right Miss?" he asked, concerned. But she wasn't exactly in a position to answer, considering the poor woman was doing her best to avoid throwing up in the middle of the tavern. Poor thing.

Shortly after, both Gwen and Isak went chasing after Eilerias to make sure she was alright. "Wow, she looked real pale Not well at all," the lad noted to Charity and Cleo. In fact, he had some clue what might be wrong with her. He'd seen similar conditions many times before... In the brothel where his mother had works. "Ya think maybe it were the food?" he asked Charity, pressing. "There certain smells an' stuff what make 'er feel sick?" Of course, it was only a hunch. It could be anything... Still, with those lovely dovey eyes that Eilerias and Isak had been making at each other all night, he wouldn't be surprised.

“Leave you here? Child. Your ill. There is nothing selfish about your actions.” The girl remained stubborn. “You can’t be..” Gwen seemed at a total loss as she let the girl stand on her own if reluctantly.

Another deep breath.

She seemed so drastically calmed it was almost jarring. “Very well. Cleo will be by with the books you require. Consider it a marriage gift.” She said with a slight nod. Her eyes narrowed to twin slits as they passed over Isak. The darkness was rising in her gut reacting to her rage.

She left opening the door gently and shut the door. She would take her leave. “Cleo. The books I set aside yesterday. Set them on Isaks desk. Then collect my things from the office. We will not be back.” She said with a slight sigh. Not even sparing a single member there a glance and took her leave.

She didn’t trust herself to not lash out. The whispers in her ear growing.

Isak knew he had messed up, but he didn't care. All he wanted now was to make sure she was well. And even though Gwendolyn's gaze was sharp and terrifying, it was the cold look that Eilerias shot him that sent shivers through him, his gloved hand stopping mid air from reaching her arm. With a single word, he had put her reputation in danger, and he could never forgive himself for that.

All he could do now was to look after her. He stood in silence as Gwendolyn lectured him of the dangers he brought to Eilerias' life, partly because he knew she was right, but also because he knew how much Gwendolyn meant to Eilerias and she wouldn't like to see them at each other's throats like that.

Eilerias and Gwendolyn both feared the shadows in ther lives, the whispers at their ears, speaking of lies and deceit. But they weren't the only ones. "I'll die before putting her in danger Gwendolyn, you can be sure of that. I'm all too familiar with darkness to know how it works." In his frustration, Isak's eyes flashed in a dark smoke for a few seconds, his own manifestation of dark powers coming forth for a fleeting moment. Isak and Eilerias knew what they were putting at risk, being involved with each other in such a dangerous work, leading such a perilous life, but they trusted and loved each other enough to make it work.

Eilerias explained more of her condition to Gwendolyn, begging her to stay at club and research more about it, to which she reluctantly agreed to. He saw Cleo walking up the stairs to attend to Gwendolyn's request, before setting off to grab a few of her things from her office at the end of the corridor, with Cleo telling them that she'd return with the books that Eilerias asked for.

Isak wouldn't beg Gwendolyn to stay. As a precious ally as she was, she was understandably angry at him for taking such risks, and frustrated at Eilerias for being so stubborn. She wanted some time for herself, and Isak would give her the space, especially since he was already focused on taking care of Eilerias, even though she now flinched from his touch, angry at him. He had been a fool after all, and he wouldn't deny that.

As Gwendolyn and Cleo left, without even a proper goodbye, Ogden came upstairs to see if everything was alright, to which Isak responded with a few blunt orders about searching some medicine for Eilerias while he tried to lead her to their room, although she still refused his touch. He had stopped her from going after Gwendolyn when she left, fearing that it would only bring more harm to that delicate situation, and Eilerias had reluctantly agreed to that, to walk to their room and wait for Ogden to bring medicine in order to help her with whatever illness she had.

"I'm sorry..." His voice was barely a whisper but he was sure she heard it as they reached the wooden door to their room. It was all his fault.

Charity watched with worry as Eilerias rushed up the stairs shortly followed by Gwen and Isak. She grew even more concerned as she heard the faint sound of raised voices floating down the stairs. A strange feeling came over Charity, a feeling that was entirely unfamiliar. The urge to run upstairs and push Isak and Gwen aside and to just comfort Eilerias. "I'm getting too attached to these damn people." Charity thought to herself trying to push the feeling away. Still, she felt the need to go see what was going on.

Pushing her chair back, Charity rose to her feet and walked towards the stairs. She paused at Urchin's question, pondering if the food might really be the cause of Eilerias' sickness. It couldn't be... She looked sick when she had first entered the club... Charity had heard of a sickness like this before and it wasn't disease related.

She stood behind Urchin and leaned against the back of his chair, putting her arms over his shoulders in a gentle hug. "Its not the food causing her sickness. Think about it. She's been spending a lot of time with Isak lately. You and I both know the sorts of things that happen between adults when they're alone. I just hope Gwen doesn't get too upset about it." She had only seen Gwen really upset once or twice, but those times were enough for her to not want to experience Gwen's wrath again.

"Hey, Cleo. Is everything alright up there?" Charity asked as she saw Cleo descend the stairs. Cleo turned her head to look at Charity, but kept walking saying nothing. Charity was starting to get fed up with these people. The ones she was supposed to be able to trust. The ones who weren't supposed to keep secrets from each other. The heist had turned them into a family of sorts. And families weren't supposed to act this way.

When Gwen came down the stairs, Charity released Urchin and ran over to her. "Gwen! What happened up there? Is Angel alright?!" But like Cleo, Gwen passed by without saying a word. Charity recognized the look on Gwen's face. Somebody upstairs had done something to REALLY piss Gwen off.

Finally Charity had finally had enough. "Gwen? Gwen! Stop and tell me what's going on, damn it!" she said grabbing a hold of the back of Gwen's robe in a vain attempt to keep the woman from leaving.

Charity followed Gwen out the door desperately trying to stop her. "Look... We both know what Isak did was selfish and wrong. He tossed any regard he had for her faith and reputation out the window. But this relationship seems mutual. I don't think he forced her to any of these things. Angel's a grown woman, able to make her own decisions in life, ya know? And she looked so happy when she saw Isak, who are we to take that from her?" Charity tried to sound calm and reasonable, hoping it would calm the woman down but it didn't seem to be having any effect as Gwen just kept walking.

Stopping in the middle of the street, Charity slowly took in a deep breath, her frustration growing exponentially by the second, and let the breath out with an aggravated sigh. She followed a short distance behind Gwen as they walked. "Okay. You know what? Forget about Isak. Forget all the stupid selfish shit he did. None of that matters right now. The one you really should be thinking about is Angel. Do you have any idea how scared and worried she's probably feeling? She's young and pregnant, and the reputation of a pure priestess that she's been building up for years will vanish the second anybody finds out. And to her it must look like the one woman she could turn to for help, the one woman who would understand, just walked out of her life." Charity knew Gwen wasn't really abandoning Eilerias, but she had a point she was trying to make.

The more she talked, the angrier and louder her voice became. Invisible energy crackled through the air around her and grew more intense as she got more worked up. Her newly discover power became nearly uncontrollable when she was seized by strong emotions. "She sees you as a mother just as much as I do and you should be there for her no matter what happens. But right now, you're not. You're too busy being angry at Isak to consider how she's feeling. Have you stopped to think that maybe YOU'RE the one being selfish?!"

Charity could hear the stones beneath her feet crumbling at the sheer amount of energy she was putting out fueled by her own anger and egged on by the dark whispers in her head. But she didn't care. She was too caught up in her own righteous fury to think about anything besides getting through to Gwen.

But Gwen just kept walking, seemingly oblivious to anything that was being said to her. Charity took a few deep breaths to calm herself down. She was out of ideas. It appeared Gwen had made her choice and there was nothing she could do about it.

Charity began making her way back to the Raven Club. All she could think of to do now was be there for Eilerias in Gwen's place.

Last edited:
"Gwendolyn! I told you I'll be fine!" She snapped at her, confused by her reaction of going eerily calm. Eilerias knew something wasn't okay as she trailed off and set her down. "What do you mean? Can't be what?" Her voice was still more harsh than she had intended.

She watched as Gwendolyn turned away and slammed the door in her face, mentioning something about a marriage gift. Eilerias stood still, confused for a moment. She thought they were married? They had only just gotten engaged a month and a half ago. She planned on telling her as soon as she could muster up enough courage. She wouldn't dream of getting married without Gwendolyn by her side.

Eilerias wanted to tell her everything. She felt horrible hiding this from her for months. It started out as a fear of her reputation being destroyed and Gwendolyn being disappointed in her, but it quickly spiraled into lies and deceit. Just like Gwendolyn said. It hurt her badly to lie to the woman who's side she stood by for years. The woman who saved her and took care of her, like a mother.

Just like that, the voices were back. Telling her how awful she was.

She betrayed Gwendolyn's trust and because of her, she left them.

Gwendolyn was right. Eilerias was stupid and naïve. She should have never given her freedom.

Eilerias' stupidity just destroyed the Cherry Rose.

"Please..." She tried to free herself from Isak's tight grip as he led her to the room. "Let me go. I need to talk to Gwendolyn alone." Her voice was broken and quiet as she spoke. Isak didn't let her go, despite her begging him. He told her it would make things worse and after some protesting, she gave up. Reluctantly agreeing with him.

She sat still on the chair in their room with her knees to her chest, silent as she heard Charity leaving the Club. She didn't respond to his apologies. She didn't know what to say. It wasn't his fault. She told him to keep their relationship secret from Gwen and he obeyed. She told him she was fine, knowing she wasn't.

She was the problem, not him as Gwendolyn had said.

Ogden broke the awkward silence carrying some strange bottle filled with a foul smelling concoction. He told her it was 'Dwarven Medicine'. She shook her head. "No thank you Ogden, I'm feeling better." She lied. The smell was strong and she felt like she was going to throw up again, so she held her breath in hopes the nausea would go away.

She had a few tears silently flow from her eyes and down her cheeks as she looked away from the two and towards the window. "I want to go home." She was quiet, but firm as she tried to hide the sniffling. Isak and Ogden refused, likely concerned she would run after Gwendolyn, but she had abandoned that thought. She just wanted to be alone in the horrible embrace of her darkness.