Private Tales Cat and Dog

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Seemed Akane had noticed the same things he had. Her description was accurate, but she had missed one important detail. The place had far too few people even with the new recruits to host a serious threat to the usurper. Being able to man the keep was all well and good, but if that was all they could do then their opinions were severely limited outside of defending themselves.

The words of the man who had approached them reflected this. His armor was as mismatched as everyone else, but the way he conducted himself showed an air of authority in the camp. Perhaps the heir or just one of his advisers. They were no doubt about to find out.

"Acteon. What is your role in this place?" Acteon said as he motioned around the keep a bit.

Ōjo Akane

"Acteon. What is your role in this place?" Acteon said as he motioned around the keep a bit.

"I'm the commander, or some people call me the heir. It doesn't matter much." the young man sighed. He turned back to Akane, "I must say, the skill your people have exhibited is extraordinary. I don't know how many lives would have been lost had they not shown up when they did."

Then he looked to the both of them, "It seems we all have much to speak of. Come, we aught to find a place a little more private."

The man was showing more interest in the girl than he was in Acteon. That worked for the Allirian. Let her do the talking and maybe even work her wiles on the man. That was actually a good idea. See how easily he could be swayed by a woman.

Acteon leaned over and whispered in voice so soft he knew only she could hear him, "See if he is vulnerable to seduction. Nothing more that flirting. You belong to me and it would be a shame if he loses his hands for touching what he should not have."

With that he motioned for the man called Arthur to lead the way. Strange how he called himself the heir. Was he not the son of the late lord? He would rather not get too involved with an attempt to usurp a man who got his position by urusping it himself. Too messy. Be simpler to just directly take their revenge and not get involved with such a situation.

Ōjo Akane

• Devil
Reactions: Ōjo Akane
Acteon leaned over and whispered in voice so soft he knew only she could hear him, "See if he is vulnerable to seduction. Nothing more that flirting. You belong to me and it would be a shame if he loses his hands for touching what he should not have."

She nodded, "I'll do that."

She'd been flirty before to get information or favors before, so she knew how to handle that kind of job without any problem at all. So she'd make sure to prod him for it, the only problem was subtlety.

He lead the two of them into an old, ruined great hall. They were alone. "I heard about the riot in Greyhollow."

The girl agreed to his request. Excellent. He had expected her to decline by saying something about him owning her or having claimed her. Not getting to hear it was a little disappointing but the fact she would made her even more useful. As long as she held to their deal of never mating with another male then she was free to do as she pleased with them.

The place they found themselves was less of a great hall and more of what use to be four walls and a roof of a great hall. Debris still on the floor. Giant patches of planks over what were holes in the walls. And nearly all of the upper levels was gone. A sorry state that perfectly reflected the condition of this land.

As Acteon had been taking that all in, Arthur made the first move. The riot was brought up. Already knew about it? It was possible word had just moved that quickly, but the likelihood was staggeringly low. Someone would have had to rush by horseback straight from the town to have beaten them here.

"You have? And what did you exactly hear about this riot in Greyhollow?" Acteon asked in a tone that sounded curious and only curious. All his suspicion and caution were hidden away as of they did not exist.

@ojo akane

• Smug
"You have? And what did you exactly hear about this riot in Greyhollow?" Acteon asked in a tone that sounded curious and only curious. All his suspicion and caution were hidden away as of they did not exist.

"One needs eyes to see, and I have many." He says simply, "In fact, I seem to recall a few of my scouts witnessing from afar a man carrying a woman in a foreign dress through the forests. Knowledge is power, and intelligence is key to all wars. My scouts and spies work wonders, but they were unable to determine, or at least inform me yet, of the riots cause, perhaps you'd be willing to enlighten me?"

Akane glanced at him, as though asking permission.

What sort of game was this? Between the actions of the usurper and now how this commander was behaving, it was clear the former lord had far too many ambitious subjects at his back. He even was calling himself the heir, but that was a term he had invented and started using. How did this man know of it? Then what followed was not even accurate to his actions. The girl was hardly dressed when he was running through the forest with her on his shoulder. Why did this job just have to keep getting more complicated? He was about ready to slit all their throats and leave them to clean up the mess.

Acteon smiled to the man claiming to be the heir. No hint of his inner doubt or suspicions showing. "Your scouts must have either been drunk or witnessed something truly strange then. I did not carry any woman in foreign dress through the forest."

The Allirian decided to switch up his position a bit by starting to wander about the "great hall." As he did he continued on speaking.

"The only time I picked up my companion was after she hurt her ankle on the road. I carried her to the local inn. Was that what your scouts reported? If not then as I said earlier, they must have been drunk. And as for the matter of the riot, how would I know? I do not even know what the name of the town we were in was called. We visited a couple of shops, including the blacksmith and leatherworker. Things got noisy in the square before we left the town. Perhaps your scouts and spies could enlighten you better on what took place?"

Acteon had come to stop with himself on one side of the man and Akane on the other. He would not be able to look at them both at the same time and need to pick who he was looking at. The action's only meaning was to off balance the man and frustrate him. Perhaps he would slip up or not remain as focused as he should.

No matter what, Acteon was passively searching through all senses available to him for hidden people. A scent. A sound. A sight. Anything that might give him an idea of where this man had one of those spies he was bragging about tucked away.

Ōjo Akane

• Popcorn
What sort of game was this? Between the actions of the usurper and now how this commander was behaving, it was clear the former lord had far too many ambitious subjects at his back. He even was calling himself the heir, but that was a term he had invented and started using. How did this man know of it? Then what followed was not even accurate to his actions. The girl was hardly dressed when he was running through the forest with her on his shoulder. Why did this job just have to keep getting more complicated? He was about ready to slit all their throats and leave them to clean up the mess.

Acteon smiled to the man claiming to be the heir. No hint of his inner doubt or suspicions showing. "Your scouts must have either been drunk or witnessed something truly strange then. I did not carry any woman in foreign dress through the forest."

The Allirian decided to switch up his position a bit by starting to wander about the "great hall." As he did he continued on speaking.

"The only time I picked up my companion was after she hurt her ankle on the road. I carried her to the local inn. Was that what your scouts reported? If not then as I said earlier, they must have been drunk. And as for the matter of the riot, how would I know? I do not even know what the name of the town we were in was called. We visited a couple of shops, including the blacksmith and leatherworker. Things got noisy in the square before we left the town. Perhaps your scouts and spies could enlighten you better on what took place?"

"Quite possible." He replied simply. "I will be sure to get more detail from them once our business is concluded here."

Acteon had come to stop with himself on one side of the man and Akane on the other. He would not be able to look at them both at the same time and need to pick who he was looking at. The action's only meaning was to off balance the man and frustrate him. Perhaps he would slip up or not remain as focused as he should.

No matter what, Acteon was passively searching through all senses available to him for hidden people. A scent. A sound. A sight. Anything that might give him an idea of where this man had one of those spies he was bragging about tucked away.

The man, heir or not was wise to their game, and wasn't tricked by anything. "Even so, you are firsthand witnesses. I was also informed that a small number of people were killed in the riot, one of whom was a lord's man. In which case we need to relocate those people before the usurper gets word of it. If he does the village will be massacred. And no matter how angry they may be they aren't trained for war, and if they come into conflict with trained professionals and experienced mercenaries they will be slaughtered."

"There were people killed yes, and one of whom was one of the usurper's men." Akane confirmed.

"Then we can't waste any time. Luckily for us we're close enough to help them before the Usurper hears a word of this." Arthur said to them. Turning to Akane he said, "thank you for telling me this. You've saved countless lives today."

And so he left the room and called together a large group of men, twenty to be specific, and he informed the two of them that he was off to evacuate the village. He'd be back sometime that night, hopefully with the villagefolk in tow.

(Sorry again Acteon Cass )

The Allirian just listened to what the man had to say. Seemed to be in the loop on events, not surprising given his mention of spies and scouts. The part he did not care for was how he planned to support the villagers given their current circumstances. Judging from what he had seen, this fort could not support to feed a whole village of people. Even if they did find work to do, not enough of them would be worth training to fight. It just put them into a disadvantageous position and further on the defensive.

He kept quiet and just gave the man a nod in response to his apology. Once he was off since there was no one spying on them in the great hall, he turned his attention to Akane.

"Their rebellion is going to fail. Thought he might be attempting a play for the lordship himself, but his actions are more damning than helpful for that." He said as he walked over to the girl.

As he came to her, he slipped an arm around her waist and pulled her up close to him. He looked down at her with a smile. "What do you think? Should we help this man even though his goal other than saving the people is still unclear? Or should we disrupt the usurper's plans and leave this man to his own devices?"

His free hand took her chin. If she was not already looking at him he would move her face so their eyes would meet. Then he would lean in closer as if to kiss her, but stop just shy. "Before you answer. That head on the pike from before that I mentioned we both knew. It belonged to one of the usurper's men who tried to steal you from me. The Usurper already knows about this place. Those bandits were his men and likely sent as punishment for their failure in the woods. I do not think this Arthur is aware of this fact either. If he was then he would be relocating not fortifying his position like this."

Ōjo Akane

• Devil
"Their rebellion is going to fail. Thought he might be attempting a play for the lordship himself, but his actions are more damning than helpful for that." He said as he walked over to the girl.

As he came to her, he slipped an arm around her waist and pulled her up close to him. He looked down at her with a smile. "What do you think? Should we help this man even though his goal other than saving the people is still unclear? Or should we disrupt the usurper's plans and leave this man to his own devices?"

"I don't think we should say that just yet. It's clear that this man cares about the people, and regardless of who they are, a leader's primary objective is the safety and security of his or her people. Advantageous or not, it's the right thing to do, and it shows exactly how much concern he has for his people if he is willing to put himself at such a disadvantage for them. Besides, he seems like a strategically sound man, he knows that the Usurper knows where they are, and doubtless he feels ready for what he can throw at them."

"I say we help. But we don't need to be here to do that. All we need to do is, as you suggested, disrupt his plans enough to put him off balance and bring the people over to the Heir, which probably won't take that much effort."

His free hand took her chin. If she was not already looking at him he would move her face so their eyes would meet. Then he would lean in closer as if to kiss her, but stop just shy. "Before you answer. That head on the pike from before that I mentioned we both knew. It belonged to one of the usurper's men who tried to steal you from me. The Usurper already knows about this place. Those bandits were his men and likely sent as punishment for their failure in the woods. I do not think this Arthur is aware of this fact either. If he was then he would be relocating not fortifying his position like this."

"Maybe." She said thoughtfully. "But from what I understand, it was quite the considerable number of men who came here. If they were fought off, annihilated even, then the Usurper will know better than to rush in mindlessly if he has any brains in his head. Besides, it's not like he can relocate, the number of people here, where would they go?"

The girl was showing her inexperience when it came to these sort of affairs. Certainly she grew up in a land full of conflict, but it was not first hand experience she was speaking from. Or at least it was not much experience. Her work with the codes showed more talent and skill for the information side of warfare than her current comments showed in the logistics and combat side of it.

"I agree. We should disrupt the usurper's plans. But I disagree with you on this Arthur fellow still. It is one thing to care for your people and another to do the right thing for them. Putting himself at a disadvantage intentionally is putting his people at disadvantage. He is there shield from the usurper, but what good is he as their shield if he is already half broken before the first strike?"

The Allirian let go of her chin and moved his head away from her face. He then motioned about a bit idly as he continued. "This fort is in no condition to sustain a siege. Certainly their walls are up, but that means little if what they protect is lacking. They were lucky before. Fighting from a fortified position, even one that could use more fortification like this, makes the number difference less of a factor. It takes three to four times the number of attackers to be able to break the defenders. Usually even more if the defenders are competent. The attackers this time around were not very well trained. They lacked proper siege equipment. And they rushed the walls. They were destined to fail simply because of your guards being here. Arthur got lucky we intervened when we did. He is walking a tightrope right now and going to evacuate a whole village could be the thing that trips him up."

Acteon did not like any of this. Too much of it was insufficient. He knew because his own plans were still on going back home and he was well aware of the efforts it would take to seize control of a land. His plans had been going on for months to years now, and he was still not yet ready to make his move. How could this Arthur hope to resolve anything without outside help right now?

His gaze went back to the girl. "Now, how would you disrupt the usurper's plans? My method involves bedding you as often as I can so he knows who your true owner is."

Ōjo Akane

• Ctuhlu senpai
The Allirian let go of her chin and moved his head away from her face. He then motioned about a bit idly as he continued. "This fort is in no condition to sustain a siege. Certainly their walls are up, but that means little if what they protect is lacking. They were lucky before. Fighting from a fortified position, even one that could use more fortification like this, makes the number difference less of a factor. It takes three to four times the number of attackers to be able to break the defenders. Usually even more if the defenders are competent. The attackers this time around were not very well trained. They lacked proper siege equipment. And they rushed the walls. They were destined to fail simply because of your guards being here. Arthur got lucky we intervened when we did. He is walking a tightrope right now and going to evacuate a whole village could be the thing that trips him up."

She thought about this, she couldn't deny that she didn't have much experience with combat, assassination yes, but not combat. So she didn't see his point until he made it. "Fair enough. I do see how that can be a problem."

His gaze went back to the girl. "Now, how would you disrupt the usurper's plans? My method involves bedding you as often as I can so he knows who your true owner is."
She had been about to answer when she was silenced by his a d she smiled with a blush. "Oh that kind of disruption sounds most entertaining."

She appeared at his side, arms wrapped around his own so his hand was somewhere rather inappropriate. "So, master. When do you want me~

The girl did not seem to be aware of many of the points he had brought up. Or perhaps she was but things in her lands were different. Every culture had a unique set of traits that were honorable after all. Out here it was more on efficiency and profitability. You did what got you and your own the most gains even if it meant you had to sacrifice a few people. Everyone was responsible for their own value after all and it was always in your best interest to make your own value as high has possible.

But it would seem the cat in her was brought out by his little teasing comment. She had her arms wrapped around his own and his hand somewhere interesting rather quickly. Her comments were also not subtle in the slightest. All she would have to say to be more direct is come and directly ask him to bed her. Interesting, but not the place and time for such a thing.

Acteon would smirk at Akane and lean down. "Not just yet. Rather we had more privacy when next I take you. That sight belongs to me alone. Rather not have some unfortunate soul need to be buried because they opened the wrong door at the right time."

The smirk shifted into a smile. Time was slipping away from them and they needed to move now. He glanced around the room once more to see if he could spot any spies. But it seemed their efforts were entirely focused outside their fort. Likely for the best given the resources these people had available to them.

"The best disruption right now would be looking for that cave and halting the castle construction. They would have to address it and the lack of payments would just push people's loyalties away from the usurper. We can claim it is to help out Arthur if he asks, but the funding could be useful for our own purposes as well."

Ōjo Akane

• Devil
Acteon would smirk at Akane and lean down. "Not just yet. Rather we had more privacy when next I take you. That sight belongs to me alone. Rather not have some unfortunate soul need to be buried because they opened the wrong door at the right time."

She didn't look too surprised or disappointed by this, she had actually expected it to a point, so he got no complaints. She let go of his arm and said happily, "well I'm always ready for you, master~"

"The best disruption right now would be looking for that cave and halting the castle construction. They would have to address it and the lack of payments would just push people's loyalties away from the usurper. We can claim it is to help out Arthur if he asks, but the funding could be useful for our own purposes as well."

"Yes, that sounds like the best option for now. We find the cave guy, get what we can out of him, then go on to other acts of sabotage and inviting rebellion." She said with a gleeful smile. She wasn't a battlefield strategist, but she absolutely loves acts of espionage.

The girl seemed to be rather excited for it all. How much she had changed from before was remarkable. The serious and reserved nature had at some point shifted into this encouragable and cheerful kitten. Was this her true self or just how she wanted to be?

Acteon let the thought go. More important matters were at hand.

"Gather your men. We need to begin our plan as soon as possible. The faster we strike the slower the usurper can recover."

He smacked her rump. The act was both a signal for her to get going as well as a reward for her good work so far.

Ōjo Akane

"Gather your men. We need to begin our plan as soon as possible. The faster we strike the slower the usurper can recover."

He smacked her rump. The act was both a signal for her to get going as well as a reward for her good work so far.

She squeaked when she was spanked, but she smiled and said, "Yes master."

Then she walked off to carry out his instructions. She had to be truthful, being a subordinate was both easy and a lot less stressful. She could stop worrying, at least for a little while, about what to do next. Now she wasn't so naïve as to believe it to be an all day every day deal, she had responsibilities after all, but it was refreshing to be a simple pet.

She gathered her guards outside the gates, and waited for him to join them. She explained the goal to the group while they waited.

The girl was eager and ready. She made a pleasant squeak when he spanked her and then got to her duties right away. That was something Acteon liked to see. It was hard to find those willing to do their jobs without question or attitude. Perhaps he was going to get more value out of her after all than just a kitten that kept his bed warm for him while he was away.

Acteon decided to take his time heading out the gates. There was more for him to check out. The earlier trainees had already stopped and scattered about to their other duties. Likely Arthur had taken some with him on his quest to save the village. The scene with the quartermaster and soldier had already come to an end as well, but had simply been replaced. The quartermaster was instead in an argument with what looked to be a cook stirring a large kettle of beans.

The fort certainly had the usual sights and goings on of other forts he had been in before. But it just felt too small scale to feel real. It was more like some play was going on and they had forgotten to inform him of it.

But he was at the gate and out of it soon enough. On the other side was the girl and her guards. She was speaking with them when he came up behind her. Instead of saying anything he just stopped and waited. Right behind her. Like a looming shadow or hungry beast.

Ōjo Akane

• Devil
But he was at the gate and out of it soon enough. On the other side was the girl and her guards. She was speaking with them when he came up behind her. Instead of saying anything he just stopped and waited. Right behind her. Like a looming shadow or hungry beast.

She knew he was there instantly. Very few things could escape the sharp ears of a cat. So when he came over she turned around to look right at him and smiled.

"Didn't take you long I see." She commented. "well, shall we be off?

The girl was quick to notice his presence and quick to acknowledge him by speaking. How long had it been since he did not have to speak simpler or wait for someone to get his intent? Not since the Tattered Sails.

Acteon smiled to Akane. "Yes, we shall. But once we are away from the fort I would like to take a detour into the woods. Believe you deserve a reward for your work today."

His eyes would meet her own. He knew what she would ask for if inquired. So after the short pause with that smile still on his face he said, "Unless you do not want that reward."

Ōjo Akane

Acteon smiled to Akane. "Yes, we shall. But once we are away from the fort I would like to take a detour into the woods. Believe you deserve a reward for your work today."

His eyes would meet her own. He knew what she would ask for if inquired. So after the short pause with that smile still on his face he said, "Unless you do not want that reward."

All of the samurai present rolled their eyes, they had seen the collar that adorned her neck now, and they knew exactly what Acteon was saying, all of them had at least one woman of their own, some had several. And the thing is, their people were extremely lustful when it came to their partners, so they wouldn't judge nor get in the way, in fact the leading Samurai spoke directly to Akane.

"Watashitachi wa anata no jama o shimasen." He assured her with a knowing grin.

She smiled back at him, "Dōmo arigatōgozaimashita."

"Hai." He responded.

She turned back to Acteon. "I'd love that. And they say that they'll be sure to stay out of our way."

The Allirian raised a brow as they began to all speak together in their foreign tongue. By the general mood of the group it seemed to be something personal. Perhaps comments over her reward? Well that would not do. He needed to shift his plan a bit.

When Akane came back and commented, he just smiled at her. "How could they be in our way? I thought we would all pick some in season mushrooms and greens that I could cook with some fresh game or fish for you."

Certainly a plausible excuse as they would need to go into the woods for such items. It was clearly not what she wanted nor what he had originally meant, but why would they call him out on this? He had not said what he intended directly before and left it all to interpretation.

"Shall we get moving? The sooner we start the sooner I can put some food in you kitten."

Ōjo Akane

When Akane came back and commented, he just smiled at her. "How could they be in our way? I thought we would all pick some in season mushrooms and greens that I could cook with some fresh game or fish for you."

The guards rolled their eyes again, clearly not believing him. Akane looked disappointed but couldn't argue. The samurai began to march ahead, making sure to keep the two of them behind them.

"Shall we get moving? The sooner we start the sooner I can put some food in you kitten."

"I thought it was the woman's job to cook for her man." She teased, with a content yet disappointed smile.

Acteon was happy to let them take the lead. They could act as shields to take the arrows and bolts much better that way. Perhaps not the best reason or the most noble but it was his reason.

As they walked he answered her comment. "For some yes. But it is the owner's job to feed his pet. I would be a terrible one if I did not feed my pet what she wanted."

With that comment made, he grabbed her and put a hand over her mouth to muffle any sounds she might make. Then he sneaked into the woods around them.

Acteon swiftly walked until he found a relatively isolated hollow amongst some rather thick brush and trees.

The man smiled at her as he let her go.

"Time for your reward kitten. Would you rather face the trees or have your back up against them?"

Ōjo Akane

• Devil
Acteon was happy to let them take the lead. They could act as shields to take the arrows and bolts much better that way. Perhaps not the best reason or the most noble but it was his reason.

As they walked he answered her comment. "For some yes. But it is the owner's job to feed his pet. I would be a terrible one if I did not feed my pet what she wanted."

That had a suggestive undertone, so she couldn't exactly complain, "I look forward to eating whatever it is you cook for me master~"

With that comment made, he grabbed her and put a hand over her mouth to muffle any sounds she might make. Then he sneaked into the woods around them.

Acteon swiftly walked until he found a relatively isolated hollow amongst some rather thick brush and trees.

The man smiled at her as he let her go.

"Time for your reward kitten. Would you rather face the trees or have your back up against them?"

She squeaked quietly, the sound silenced by his hand as she was dragged off into the woods. It reminded her of something, the night they met perhaps?

She looked up at him with a blush, and replied, giving her his answer...

The girl had been thoroughly rewarded for her good work up until this point. He had made sure of that. But that was over and it was time to refocus back onto their task at hand. They had a cave to find and some plans to ruin if they were to get their vengeance on the usurper.

But his stomach grumbled and reminded him that no matter what they might want the needs of their bodies came first. Luckily it seemed they were in luck. Wild mushrooms and greens were actually growing around the woods right now.

With a smile Acteon said to the girl, "Now then. Time for us to pick some mushrooms and wild greens. I will make that food for you like I said I would earlier. Can be the reward for your guards for doing their jobs. How does that sound to you?"

Ōjo Akane

• Devil