LFG Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble.

Selina Della Altas

Universalist Wizard
Elbion College
Character Biography
Link
Looking for witches to form a coven. Doesen't necessarily need to be a witchy witch but any related art is welcome (You don't have to be old, green, and covered in warts). It is a girl's club. Sorry boys.
This is a good opportunity to explore the nuances of occult magics and dark alchemy in a sisterhood of not necessarily evil but very chaotic magic casters that work towards the furthering of their own goals or the goals of the coven.

Want to make a potion with toe of frog? Want to perform a sacrifice based ritual that requires the blood of innocent infant hearts boiled in the blood of a cleric blessed midwife that had a hairy pimple under her left armpit?
Don't know if we'll be doing any of that, this isn't my idea, just making the LFG for a friend.
Who's down?

I liked the naming conventions of Daggerfall too
can add this under the pile

The [Region] witches
The Daughters of [Something]
The [Noun] Witches
Witches of [You get the gist]

Some words may include Cone Perhaps.
Sisters of the Cone ad an example-
Daughters of the Goddess.
Now let creativity roll.

Here's my ideas for the name.
"The Nightshade Sisters"
"The Hemlock Coven"
"Moondark Maidens"

As a coven what should be our goal? I have some ideas of things we can pursue in a quest of some kind, but what do you guys think?

Last edited:
A coven would be made among other reasons to create more powerful spells than a single individual could on their own. (we can have so many different spells here)
To celebrate solar events whenever we feel like to just chill (we have three annual eclipses!)
Ease of labour and the trading of wisdom.
Discuss witchwork and maintain our cromlechs. maybe get attacked by witch hunters he ho.
Communally perform a ritual for a brave adventurer requiring our aid to commune with greater demons lords.
Character specific rps relating to their own personal struggles and troubles. (like perhaps helping Selina get a grip on witchcraft perhaps?) We are many and we are diverse.

I like the hemlock coven.
Hellebore sisters.

Since we're from so far around. I suggest our meeting place be within the Allir reach or around Alliria in a grove.
I hope travel will not be much of a hassle, there are portal stones around plus other methods like broom coated in flying ointment.
For our first rp, are we gonna have a 'first formal' meeting? How well do they know each other?
It wouldn't be hard to imagine if Asuego and Medea knew each other beforehand (for the good or the worse), but a desire to gather more sprung up.

Medea and Asuego would probably know each other, at least as 'witch pen-pals' where they shared magical knowledge, ingredients and the like. Having our first thread be our coven's meeting would make sense, and maybe some ideas of rituals and things to do can pop up there. One possibility is doing some kind of ritual or ceremony to solidify the coven's formation, possibly involving dancing in the moonlight around a fire.

We wouldn't mind starting a thread then? I can write one up today. We don't necessarily all have to appear at once. So erryone can take their jolly time.

I think the first rp can easily be them just getting together, they can even discuss naming and voting for the name IC-ly.
(We should plop down some extra suggestions in the meantime so each witch can do one)

Spell Ideas:
I thought that collectively as a coven they could eventually erect a Mythal around their grove!
Mythal - Grand Ward: Spell
A mythal was a powerful magical effect, created by a group of spellcasters to protect and ward a large area with numerous powerful enchantments. The earliest mythals were created by a circle of elven High Mages. Mythals could permanently alter The Weave to create an area wherein the normal rules of magic are no longer applied. A typical mythal prevented certain schools of magic from being employed while empowering others. It could restrict access to the warded area to certain classes of beings. (For example, Silverymoon's mythal excluded evil dragons. Forgotten Realms) Creation of a mythal sometimes required the willing sacrifice of the lead caster's life, a result that led to the first mythals being named after its creator. In addition, many mythal spells corroded over time, and if not maintained could become corrupted.

I also had an idea for an enchanted weapon they could utilize. (Against NPC's)
Occult Blade: Magical Item
The blade of a witch or a necromancer.
This blade is enchanted with an instant kill spell that focuses on separating the spirit from the body with just a simple cut.
Once the victim is dead the corpse is marked, and the second enchantment can be activated to revive the corpse as a zombie to fight for you.
The blade holds six charges. A series of enemies can be killed and it will only take a single charge to revive them all at one time. The charges are renewed after a night of recharging, or a sacrificial feeding of ritual blood.

Okay, here's a personal project that Selina is gonna be building up to.

The Rings of Infinium
These rings of Infinium are enchanted items created by Selina Altas. The rings are powerful enchanted items by themselves, but together they make up the Rings of Infinium. A Set of ten rings, one for each finger, and two bracelets. The bands of the rings and bracelets themselves are enchanted, but they are also inset with three differently enchanted gems for the rings, and four for the bracelets. All of the enchantments have different effects.
Which I can list as well if ya wanna explore this. :)

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Medea
The personal project sounds interesting! Medea's got a myriad of different plants that could be weaved into different enchantments and bracelets if Selina wants a nice plant-themed one. Personally, Medea's working on expanding her garden and introducing a variety of life into it from different regions.

As for the ritual, not quite sure behind maybe some good old fashioned bonfires and ritual dancing. Maybe we can make some small sacrifices to show commitment, like tossing a favorite flower or old wand into the fire?

• Yay
Reactions: Selina Della Altas
Those sound like good ideas!
I was just thinking about how Selina can be inducted into witchcraft, cause she's basically switching her spellcasting ability, and I thought having her familiar or ghostly bond come out of the ritual to be bound to her would be cool, providing the nature of the ritual.

That sounds like a lovely project. Susan can give aide by letting her to her private library which may contain some of the most ancient books of various topics.

Ritual wise, I think that's about it, sounds simple enough.

As for familiar. I think you can go also about it by first gaining a pet of desire and then going through the necessary rite of summoning a familiar spirit and binding it to the pet so it may inhabit it.

Perhaps selina would be after a powerful spirit requiring many witched to help with the rite?

• Yay
Reactions: Selina Della Altas
Might just be me, but I think you can go ahead and join in wherever you feel like! The thread has slowed down a bit and needs to be revived. Welcome to the coven!

• Yay
Reactions: Medea