Private Tales Brothels and Broken Things

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Cassian's smile dissolved as her mood seemed to shift because of what he'd said and his head shook, a hand reaching to gently clasp hold of her chin and divert her gaze back to his.

"Hey, no.. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously, lass." he assured her, his thumb stroking lightly over her soft skin. "That's our life, I wouldn't swap it even for this. Not, right now. Maybe when we're too old an' tired.." he laughed under his breath, though his brow furrowed for a brief moment as he wondered if there would ever come a day when Lexi would become old and tired, or if he'd live to see it happen. Regardless, he knew how committed she was to her job and he'd already promised he wouldn't get in the way of it.

"I won't ever do that to you.. alrigh' ? I wouldn't make you choose like that, I'm with you through whatever Lex. It's anythin' but dull.." he grinned.. "Let's just enjoy the break whilst we have it.." he winked.

• Bless
Reactions: Lexi Quinzell
Lexi's eyes raised when he gripped her chin and forced her attention back to him. His words warmed her heart and made it ache at the same time. She had made it clear from the start that she would never be the little pretty housewife with children running about her feet, ready to greet him when he got in from the field. But there was a secret part of her heart that still worried about that.

What if he changed his mind and left her?

She shut her eyes and gently leaned her cheek into his hand, bringing one hand up to lay over the top of his. a faint smile turned her frown upside down as she tried to convince herself that she would weather that storm like everything else if it came.

"I don't think you are realise how much my Council are going to badger you to get me to take more holidays now."

• Haha
Reactions: Cassian
He could tell there was some doubt on her mind and his brow knit for a moment. He wouldn't try to convince her with words, he'd simply spend the rest of his life proving it. He wasn't going anywhere, she had his love and loyalty and everything else he could ever give her, and he smirked to himself with a light shake of his head as she leaned into his palm.

"Well, if I can be useful for somethin', lass. I'm happy to take on the task of makin' sure you get your due rest." he grinned at her, and glanced up at the waiter who brought their food, offering a short nod of thanks. He suddenly realised how hungry he was, and he quietly groaned to himself as he looked over the plate and happily tucked in. "We should catch up with your brother again, before we have to leave. We'll make a habit of visiting him more often, hm?.." his brow arched and he gave a light smirk.

• Bless
Lexi's eyes crinkled at the corners as she laughed this time.

"Oh he would like that a lot, though I am concerned the trouble you two could get up to here," she gave him a slightly cynical look that was spoilt by the fact she was grinning so wide. It was a relief to her that he had now met all of her family and none of them disapproved. Considering who her family were, there could have been a high chance of that. Instead he seemed to have earnt her mothers respect, charmed her father and her little brother already seemed to think of him as a friend. He'd slotted in perfectly with her life.

Lexi glanced down to her food and began to pick at it with slow, deliberate bites and cast her eyes over the performance in the square.

"It is really beautiful here though."

• Bless
Cassian pulled off the most innocent look that he possibly could, for about five seconds. He attempted to look hurt by her words but he could only succumb to the amusement and he laughed. Truthfully, he’d never expected to get along so well with her family. With any family. With anyone, frankly. The thought of how much his life had changed since she’d stepped into it was overwhelming. Even over these past few days, he’d bonded with her brother, she’d saved his life, she’d rid him of the most vile demon of his life. His shoulders felt significantly lighter.

“I resent that..” he muttered under a smirk and sipped at his wine. He smiled at her latter comments and nodded, his eyes on her as he answered. “Aye, it is..”

Cassian finished his meal well before she did, he ordered more wine and enjoyed watching the performers and listening to their music in the square.

“My mother used to dance.” He told her with a small smile in amusement. “Always cheered us up. Father caught Remi and I dancin’ in Anir square when we were kids, tryin’ make coin. Dragged us back home by the ears and skelped our arses raw with his belt.” He laughed, conjuring the sting of pain but it wasn’t enough to tarnish the memory.

• Bless
Lexi savoured the last mouthful of her waffles topped in strawberries and cream with her eyes half closing. There was just something about that meal in the summer sun that really eased a knot in her soul. Cassian's story brought her out of her infatuation with her food however and she found herself reaching over to lay her hand over the top of his. It couldn't have been a painless memory even if he did laugh.

The Juggler had gone now from the square and instead a band had set themselves up and were pumping out some energetic jazz music that dared anybody not to tap their foot along to. Abruptly Lexi stood up, pushing the chair back and threw some coins down on the table to cover their meal. Then she held out her hand towards him after offering a delicate little curtsey.

"Would you do me the honour of a dance right now?"

• Wonder
He shot her a small smile in appreciation of her subtle pity, but he was comfortable talking to her about his family and his past now. It'd always been a painful subject for him, mention of his father and his brother had only brought him shame and he'd found no solace at the bottom of any bottles. But she had made it easier, she'd made him feel less to blame, made him feel like a better man than he saw in himself. The memory he spoke of was a pleasant one, despite the beating, despite his family being gone.

His eyes followed her as she stood up and his brows arched.. "Lex, what are y-- I don't..." he glanced around and looked back at her. A brief moment of staring at her incredulously as she stood there in her yellow dress, her hand held out to him. His grin spread and he shook his hand as he reached to take her hand with a husky laugh..

"Well, who the fuck am I to deny the lady?..." he mused and stood to lead her onto the square. "May not have danced in a long time, lass. But I'll warn you. I am half gypsy.." he winked at her and spun her around once and then in toward him to take hold of her waist.

• Love
"Is that a challenge, Cassian?" Lexi's eyebrows rose as a smile played across her face that only grew into a grin as he spun her out then in. She matched him step for step perfectly as if they had been dance partners for years. Dancing was a lot like fighting, her grandmother had once told her as she led both Lexi and Damian in the lesson of the waltz. Her brother had enjoyed it far more than she had but now she was thankful for those handful of lessons for boy, was the man not wrong about his Gypsy blood.

The musicians were delighted when the two took to the square to dance and soon they were not alone. Husbands and wives, friends, daughters and their fathers standing on their shoes - a whole host of different couplings joined them. Lexi's full attention was on Cassian though. It had to be. He twirled her and picked her up, moved her body across that floor in a crazy pattern.

• Love
Cassian hadn't danced in a very long time, but it wasn't something he forgot how to do, just something he forgot to do at all. She matched his footwork perfectly and his grin grew until his cheeks dimpled as he watched her move, her yellow dress shifting over her olive skin and billowing when he spun her. His hands slid down the curve of her back, over her hips and he dipped a little to grip hold and lift her from her feet, letting the dancers go on around them as he tilted his head back to kiss her.

• Cthuulove
Lexi gave a muffled noise of surprise when he kissed her. She had been out of breath and his lips gave her no respite to fill her lungs, greedily demanding what little she had. But oh was she willing to give it all up to him. Her hands came up to cup his cheeks, trusting him to hold her weight and keep her from falling. The world about her simply faded into some foggy memory; all there was was Cassian and her in the eye of a hurricane.

"GET A ROOM!"

At least, until her little brother ruined it all.

• Smug
Damien's words only just registered in his mind, his lips twitching into a grin but he took his damned time in releasing the woman from his kiss and lowering her back to her feet. He opened his eyes with a grumble and pressed a kiss to her forehead before turning to see her brother standing with his arms folded at the edge of the square with a massive grin on his face.

"Oh. We have one. Spent enough time there as it is, lad.." he teased him with a wink. He'd make the boy sorry he'd interrupted.

• Stressed
Damien covered his ears with a look of horror on his face.

"I don't need to hear from your own lips that you defile my sister!"

Lexi shot him a withering look that had made many grown men, and a half giant, shrink. Damien however weathered it like a stone and barely seemed to react at all to it. He stood dressed in the full Griffins Guard uniform complete with winged helmet tucked under his arm. As Lexi took him in, realisation dawned over her face.

"You were accepted?" Damien nodded with a large grin plastered over his face. In a couple of strides she left Cassian to wrap her arms around her little brother with a proud squeal.

Cassian cast the boy the most mischievous grin at the look of horror, and he glanced around at a few other eyes that had settled on the couple, some with amusement, others with disapproval. He shrugged at them.

He followed Lexi from the square, his lips curling at her pride, a pride that strangely, he felt too. He remembered how Remy would make his pride known to him where his father never would have, and he did as his older brother would have done and gripped hold of Damien's shoulder with a squeeze.

"Good job kid.." he smiled sincerely.. "You've done yourself and your family proud. Now just.. Don't fall off." he winked in amusement.

• Bless
Damien laughed and rubbed the nape of his neck, giving Cassian a cheeky but nervous smile.

"It's actually the Choosing ceremony in an hour. I came to find you both to see if you wanted to come and watch... we're allowed a few family and I thought..." he trailed off sheepishly but he needn't had worried. Lexi looked fit to burst with excitement and pride.

"Of course we will! Won't we Cassian?" she glanced to her lover and pressed a hand to the small of his back in a gentle caress. "I don't know when else we would get an opportunity to see the Griffin's up that close either."

Cassian stared at the boy for a moment..

Family..

Lexi's touch brought him back around and he cleared his throat, giving his shoulder another hard pat as he nodded with a husky laugh under his breath. "Of course.. I'd be honoured, lad.." he smiled and reached to pull Lexi against his chest, hoping she'd make the pain in his throat go away.

• Bless
Damien beamed at them both and it looked for a moment as though he really wanted to jump or dance to express his excitement, but with a glance to some women who were idly standing nearby he managed to keep himself under control. Lexi smirked and leaned back into Cassian as he dragged her close, her hands coming behind her to grip his hips and hold him close.

"Lead on then, Squirt," she nodded and the young lad scrambled to attention and set a brisk pace back through the city. Lexi stepped from Cassian's arms, her hands sliding over his hips to take his hands and drag him along behind her. She knew the city fairly well but she didn't know much about the Griffin riders and their training grounds.

Damien led them through the city up into the second level and over to the main headquarters. Instead of going in however they went round the back to a large square where a crowd was already gathering. Other successful cadets stood with their families chatting and a general buzz of excitement filled the air. Damien led the pair over to the front row.

"I got you the best seats," he grinned proudly.

"Shit, lass.. Y'can't be callin' him that in front of the lasses. Not now he's a damn griffin knight." he nipped playfully at her ear and grinned as he followed their lead. He looked around at the other little groups of families. Such a thing would have made him feel nauseously uncomfortable not so long ago, but now that he felt part of something he held his chin a little higher as he walked through the square to the seats he'd kept and he grinned at the pride that Damien was clearly bursting with.

"Thanks kid. Eh. Ser?" his brow arched and he gave the boy a playful nudge.

• Bless
Damien smirked.

"Ser would be correct," Lexi sat down with a roll of her eyes and strung one long leg over the other in a casual but elegant seating position. She actually felt as though she looked respectable, though it was clear she would have felt more comfortable in her armour in the military grounds. She tugged at the hem of her dress and fiddled with her hair nervously.

"So what happens now?" she asked, more to distract herself than anything else.

"Well, the General will come out shortly with the Griffins for this intake of recruits. Then we are called up one by one and kneel in front of the Griffins and one of them will come forward to claim us. And that will be my partner until we die."

Cass stared at her for a moment or two longer than necessary but no amount of time would ever be long enough when it came to staring at her. She was sexy in whatever she wore, but he had to make the most of the summer dresses whilst he could, knowing fine well that when they were back home it was back to business, and dresses didn't belong in their business. He smirked as he noted her nerves and he sat down next to her, a hand snaking to find hers and lace their fingers.

He nodded slowly at Damien's explanation and his brow furrowed in thought.. "Well shit, that's exactly how Lexi and I met. I knelt -well, I sprawled on my back in front of her, an' she came and claimed - well, assaulted me, an' now we're partners for life too." he smiled, fighting a laugh.

• Haha
"I wouldn't recommend pouring ash into your Griffin's eyes though," Lexi snorted a laugh. Damien's eyes widened a slight fraction and the smile dropped from his face as he begun to realise his older sister was not joking about what she had done to her now partner in the beginning.

"She poured ash in your eye and you still wanted to sleep with her?!" he sounded incredulous but it only made Lexi laugh louder. She wasn't going to apologise for what she had done; Cassian had been a state and a local trouble at the beginning. He had needed bringing down a peg or two in order to realise he could change and change he had. She squeezed their entwined fingers.

They both had.

Cassian's grin widened and he squeezed back at Lexi's hand. "Don't be mental, lad.. Of course I din't want to sleep with her after that.." his head shook and his eyes rolled. "It was after she threw me that she had my attention.." he winked with a husky laugh.

"Trust me, lad. I deserved it." he nodded in assurance "I'm just lucky that she gave me a chance at all.." he looked at Lexi proudly and lifted her hand to kiss her knuckles affectionately.

• Cthuulove
"Urgh, gross."

Lexi laughed and watched as her brother threw his hands in the air and disappeared to go join the band of similarly dressed new recruits waiting anxiously in the wings. Her eyes lingered on them as her fingers absentmindedly brushed over Cassian's stubbled jaw.

"I don't ever remember being like," she murmured quietly. The group were laughing at a joke someone had told, playfully nudging one another. Everything was a lot... lighter here. Like the weight of the world didn't rest on their shoulders.

• Bless
Cassian laughed as Damien left, his hand squeezing at Lexi's thigh just as absentmindedly, oblivious to how terrible he was at keeping his hands off of her. She was a need and a comfort, and extremely difficult to resist. Above all, she was his and he still found it too difficult to believe. He was happy. A man in love. And he wouldn't keep his hands to himself another day in his life unless she told him to.

His head shook at her words.. "No lass, me neither.." he rumbled, a small smile playing on his lips. Being a part of the military in Vel Anir had been grim. There were no joyous occasions involved, no celebrations, the job was simply the job, there were no medals for bravery. He looked to Lexi and smiled at her "I'm glad we came. He'll always remember you bein' here." he rumbled and pressed a kiss to her temple.

• Cthuulove
A faint smile tugged at her lips and she turned her attention back to the man who had stolen her heart. She pressed a kiss to the underside of his jaw where her fingers lingered for another moment, and then she dropped her hand over the top of his and gave it a squeeze.

"I'm glad we came too, not just because it meant I got to see this," Lexi would have probably made all the right noises about being here if Damien had written to her ahead of time but something would have kept her in the city. "Thank you for making me take a step back, for having a break," she could see, now, that continuing on in the headless pursuit of work would have resulted in a mistake on her part sooner or later.

• Cthuulove
Cassian sighed at her kiss. He would never get enough of the woman's affection. He grinned and oh-so-smoothly lifted his arms into the air in a stretch and a groan, and let his right arm drape around her shoulder to pull her close "Any time, lass." he smiled and kissed her head.

"I'll be ensurin' that yer takin' plenty breaks from here on in.." he gave a husky laugh and watched as Damien and his fellow recruits were lining up, and a hush fell as the first gryphon was led out onto the courtyard.

• Bless