Private Tales Brothels and Broken Things

• The Veil Falls

Three times a year Lessat, the largest of Arethil's two moons, eclipses the sun. This time the event falls on Hallow's Eve. All across the world spirits start to appear, reliving their gruesome ends. They cannot be interacted with.

Join us for this year's Halloween event. More information coming soon!

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Cassian

The Outcast
Character Biography
Link
Cassian's smile dissolved as her mood seemed to shift because of what he'd said and his head shook, a hand reaching to gently clasp hold of her chin and divert her gaze back to his.

"Hey, no.. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously, lass." he assured her, his thumb stroking lightly over her soft skin. "That's our life, I wouldn't swap it even for this. Not, right now. Maybe when we're too old an' tired.." he laughed under his breath, though his brow furrowed for a brief moment as he wondered if there would ever come a day when Lexi would become old and tired, or if he'd live to see it happen. Regardless, he knew how committed she was to her job and he'd already promised he wouldn't get in the way of it.

"I won't ever do that to you.. alrigh' ? I wouldn't make you choose like that, I'm with you through whatever Lex. It's anythin' but dull.." he grinned.. "Let's just enjoy the break whilst we have it.." he winked.

• Bless
Reactions: Lexi Quinzell

Lexi Quinzell

Commander of the White Ravens
Character Biography
Link
Lexi's eyes raised when he gripped her chin and forced her attention back to him. His words warmed her heart and made it ache at the same time. She had made it clear from the start that she would never be the little pretty housewife with children running about her feet, ready to greet him when he got in from the field. But there was a secret part of her heart that still worried about that.

What if he changed his mind and left her?

She shut her eyes and gently leaned her cheek into his hand, bringing one hand up to lay over the top of his. a faint smile turned her frown upside down as she tried to convince herself that she would weather that storm like everything else if it came.

"I don't think you are realise how much my Council are going to badger you to get me to take more holidays now."

• Haha
Reactions: Cassian

Cassian

The Outcast
Character Biography
Link
He could tell there was some doubt on her mind and his brow knit for a moment. He wouldn't try to convince her with words, he'd simply spend the rest of his life proving it. He wasn't going anywhere, she had his love and loyalty and everything else he could ever give her, and he smirked to himself with a light shake of his head as she leaned into his palm.

"Well, if I can be useful for somethin', lass. I'm happy to take on the task of makin' sure you get your due rest." he grinned at her, and glanced up at the waiter who brought their food, offering a short nod of thanks. He suddenly realised how hungry he was, and he quietly groaned to himself as he looked over the plate and happily tucked in. "We should catch up with your brother again, before we have to leave. We'll make a habit of visiting him more often, hm?.." his brow arched and he gave a light smirk.

• Bless

Lexi Quinzell

Character Biography
Link
Lexi's eyes crinkled at the corners as she laughed this time.

"Oh he would like that a lot, though I am concerned the trouble you two could get up to here," she gave him a slightly cynical look that was spoilt by the fact she was grinning so wide. It was a relief to her that he had now met all of her family and none of them disapproved. Considering who her family were, there could have been a high chance of that. Instead he seemed to have earnt her mothers respect, charmed her father and her little brother already seemed to think of him as a friend. He'd slotted in perfectly with her life.

Lexi glanced down to her food and began to pick at it with slow, deliberate bites and cast her eyes over the performance in the square.

"It is really beautiful here though."

• Bless

Cassian

The Outcast
Character Biography
Link
Cassian pulled off the most innocent look that he possibly could, for about five seconds. He attempted to look hurt by her words but he could only succumb to the amusement and he laughed. Truthfully, he’d never expected to get along so well with her family. With any family. With anyone, frankly. The thought of how much his life had changed since she’d stepped into it was overwhelming. Even over these past few days, he’d bonded with her brother, she’d saved his life, she’d rid him of the most vile demon of his life. His shoulders felt significantly lighter.

“I resent that..” he muttered under a smirk and sipped at his wine. He smiled at her latter comments and nodded, his eyes on her as he answered. “Aye, it is..”

Cassian finished his meal well before she did, he ordered more wine and enjoyed watching the performers and listening to their music in the square.

“My mother used to dance.” He told her with a small smile in amusement. “Always cheered us up. Father caught Remi and I dancin’ in Anir square when we were kids, tryin’ make coin. Dragged us back home by the ears and skelped our arses raw with his belt.” He laughed, conjuring the sting of pain but it wasn’t enough to tarnish the memory.

• Bless

Lexi Quinzell

Character Biography
Link
Lexi savoured the last mouthful of her waffles topped in strawberries and cream with her eyes half closing. There was just something about that meal in the summer sun that really eased a knot in her soul. Cassian's story brought her out of her infatuation with her food however and she found herself reaching over to lay her hand over the top of his. It couldn't have been a painless memory even if he did laugh.

The Juggler had gone now from the square and instead a band had set themselves up and were pumping out some energetic jazz music that dared anybody not to tap their foot along to. Abruptly Lexi stood up, pushing the chair back and threw some coins down on the table to cover their meal. Then she held out her hand towards him after offering a delicate little curtsey.

"Would you do me the honour of a dance right now?"

Cassian

The Outcast
Character Biography
Link
He shot her a small smile in appreciation of her subtle pity, but he was comfortable talking to her about his family and his past now. It'd always been a painful subject for him, mention of his father and his brother had only brought him shame and he'd found no solace at the bottom of any bottles. But she had made it easier, she'd made him feel less to blame, made him feel like a better man than he saw in himself. The memory he spoke of was a pleasant one, despite the beating, despite his family being gone.

His eyes followed her as she stood up and his brows arched.. "Lex, what are y-- I don't..." he glanced around and looked back at her. A brief moment of staring at her incredulously as she stood there in her yellow dress, her hand held out to him. His grin spread and he shook his hand as he reached to take her hand with a husky laugh..

"Well, who the fuck am I to deny the lady?..." he mused and stood to lead her onto the square. "May not have danced in a long time, lass. But I'll warn you. I am half gypsy.." he winked at her and spun her around once and then in toward him to take hold of her waist.

• Love

Lexi Quinzell

Character Biography
Link
"Is that a challenge, Cassian?" Lexi's eyebrows rose as a smile played across her face that only grew into a grin as he spun her out then in. She matched him step for step perfectly as if they had been dance partners for years. Dancing was a lot like fighting, her grandmother had once told her as she led both Lexi and Damian in the lesson of the waltz. Her brother had enjoyed it far more than she had but now she was thankful for those handful of lessons for boy, was the man not wrong about his Gypsy blood.

The musicians were delighted when the two took to the square to dance and soon they were not alone. Husbands and wives, friends, daughters and their fathers standing on their shoes - a whole host of different couplings joined them. Lexi's full attention was on Cassian though. It had to be. He twirled her and picked her up, moved her body across that floor in a crazy pattern.

• Love