Private Tales Bound by Fate

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Myrcella Bochanan

Eldest daughter of House Bochanan
Character Biography
Link
Politics.

Myrcella hated it. Yet there was no way to avoid it. Ever since she learned of her betrothal to Richard Henry the Eighth , she had looked for any ways upon which that she could get out of it without causing a war. Richard's Father apparently loved war and his armies were vast. Although her late Father's armies were good in their own right, without his leadership they could crumble in defeat. And then where would that leave her? Miserable in knowing that she was the cause of so much preventable death. The guilt would be too much.

So she had to find some other way.

Myrcella sat at a table in one of the libraries, a stack of books nearby while one lay open in front of her. A cup of tea cooled beide her, as well as a plate of cookies. Only half of one had been eaten so far as she had only been in the library for about twenty minutes.

"This would be so much easier if my Father was alive." Myrcella spoke to herself. Sometimes during her studies she found that to be helpful. Yet it brought up another thought. What if her Father was murdered? What if he was killed on purpose so that there'd be little chance of not joining the two noble houses from different countries together? That was certainly possible. Yet there was too much that wasn't known in order for that to be a possibility.

"I hate politics..."

Richard Henry the Eighth was still awaiting that letter from his sister. It had been a week since he sent the messenger bird to Elbion. Richard was told that it will take at least 3 days to reach the city and his sister is known to be a fast writer faster than a scribe which is why she's usually tasked with writing letters to lords or other important people. Something was seriously wrong but then again his entire family must be shocked that the is betrothed to not only a lady of Cintra but one of the most powerful families in that kingdom. The game of thrones has turned on his head.

His father has pretty much strengthened his family's position not that it wasn't strong in the first place but an alliance with someone in the Cintrian Kingdom is liable to have all eyes placed on the Henry family. And Richard Henry the Seventh loves to put on a show especially when it comes to war. The Bochanans definitely has some valuable goods to trade along with their political clout but what was the reasoning behind this alliance? Myrcella's father is not available to answer that question but Richard's father...…. now he has a lot of questions to answer.

Richard walked down the hall finishing eating an apple, Myrcella will have to get ready to leave soon his family is already aware of it or at least he thinks. The Gods just don't want Richard to be happy and make his choices. There was just no running from this, Richard was well aware of the consequences of broken betrothals and he needed to start doing his duty as a noble. Richard approached the library and found Myrcella Bochanan reading one of the books possibly one on the history of marriages from the College of Elbion. Richard read it when he attended the College it was quite dry and boring.

"If you're looking for a way to get out of a marriage," Richard said smiling. "You won't find it in the History of Betrothals. Professor Alosrin is a boring writer and tends to conveniently omit certain aspects of history to suit his Elven supremacist beliefs."

• Yay
Reactions: Myrcella Bochanan
By the Gods, he found her. Was he stalking her now? Making sure that she didn't run off? Or was Richard Henry the Eighth just being annoying on purpose? Two could play that game, of course.

"Hello Richard," she spoke without even turning her head to look at him. Instead she just took one of the books out from her pile and tossed it to the next table. "Thanks for the tip." Of course History of Betrothals was on her list, but now there was no point to looking into it. Instead she had the History of Cintra Volume One opened up.

Myrcella picked up her tea and had a sip. "I'm just...trying to figure out why they did this to us. And why in such a fashion. Why was it to be revealed only at my Father's death? Was it a secret? Is your Father looking to establish a strong foothold here? It's all for power, isn't it?" They were nothing but pawns; the two of them. Yet she had hoped that she could control her own movements on the chessboard before she was taken out.

Her brows furrowed as she finally turned to look up at him, the anxiety in her eyes clearly visible. "I'm nervous about leaving. What if I'm never able to come back? What if they hate me in Elbion, but you're never around to see it or put a stop to it?" And what if she couldn't bear sons or any child at all? Such a thing was always a worry.

Ricard crossed his arms watching Myrcella read the History of Cintra. The timing was suspect why wait until after Myrcella's father die. Why couldn't they just announce the alliance when he was alive. "I don't know," Richard answered grimly. "It just seems strange that your father wouldn't tell anyone until his death. It's even stranger that my sister hasn't replied to me."

He's going to have to ride to Elbion soon, this mystery needs to be unraveled. Richard can't sit in the Bochanan estate and wait for an answer. It was like what the great bard: Gerald of Vel Anir said: "Sometimes you wait for the answer. All the times you get up and seek it." Myrcella would love it if Richard left he had a sneaking suspicion that she would be relieved if he fell in battle or died of the flu. In any case the young woman had a fortnight to get her affairs in order before moving and Richard needed to make sure that his family was aware of it.

Myrcella was anxious about the whole marriage and Richard couldn't blame her. Hers and Richard's life will be changed forever. The Bard Knight wondered where he and Myrcella would stay? His older brother is the heir to the Henry Estate where will that leave Richard? Probably in some noble's keep that his father will purge out in his never ending blood lust for war and present it as a gift the "happy" couple.

"Elbion is a melting pot of races," Richard said smiling at Myrcella. "This isn't Vel Anir where there's an occasional purge of nonhumans or foreigners due to a misunderstanding, Elbion takes all people from all parts of Arethril."

Of course the merchants guild can be pretty selective on who enters the city sometimes. Mrycella doesn't have to worry about that given her social status. "You will return," Richard said placing a hand on Myrcella's slender shoulder. "You just have new responsiblities that you and I must take on together now."

• Yay
"Maybe she never got your message? That happens sometimes. We have falcons in the area. Try sending another." Or maybe Richard Henry the Eighth could head home himself. But the very idea of what could happen should she break the engagement before he got back gave her chills. He was right in what he had said. Wars had been started through such means in the past. Betrayals were never forgiven.

Yet in the face of her anxiety and perhaps to mask his own, Richard tried to ease her fears. The very idea of seeing all of the other races was almost...exciting. If they were so welcoming than perhaps she had little to worry about at all. That would at least make her adjustments a little easier.

As he placed his hand on her shoulder, she performed the same action as before, by placing her hand on top of his. "And what responsibilities would those be?" Her own responsibilities at home weren't much. That is until her Father had died. With the absense of her Mother and older brother, Myrcella has had to try to run the household as best as she could. Although she had help from members of the staff and close friends of the family. That didn't make things easy though.

Oh how she longed for her childhood again.

At least Mrycella is feeling more comfortable around Richard, he would hate to imagine himself married to a woman who was disruptive, uncooperative and just plain disrespectful. Myrcella may show her claws out from time to time but at least she's willing to go through with this. Or at least that's what Richard is hoping.

"Well," Richard said enjoying the softness of Myrcella's hand touching his. "You will represent the Henry family during dinners, political discussions, negotiations. If you're a fighter then my father would expect you to lead armies into battle. But you're not so you'll be likely at home setting up business inquires."

Richard removed his hand from Myrcella's shoulder and sighed. "As much as my family has become war hawks for the past..... say 3 generations." he continued. "Business still runs through the Henry blood and as they say Elbion: Anything can be turned into a business and our unfortunately is war."

Richard's older sister is trying to steer the family into more nonviolent ventures, such as trading various goods from other countries. It was something Richard's family did dating back to the Age Urogosh. The Henry family words were: Strong mind, Strong body which meant they strived to become not only intellectuals but also strong and healthy warriors. Sadly the Henry are now expected to be warriors now and days which was a shame. Richard was always fond of wise sayings of Richard the 1st otherwise known as Richard the Philospher.

"I guess I'll have to write to my sister again," Richard groaned. "It's really pain delaying the potential answers we'll receive."

• Yay
"I'm not going to be made to sit there and look pretty or be paraded around like some doll, am I?" It wasn't as though she'd be the only one there to represent his family, afterall. It was hard to say what the dynamics of Elbion nobility was like. Would she be a second class citizen because she wasn't a soldier? "And I can shoot a bow and arrow, you know. Just in little tournaments with my brother." Never in battle. Myrcella hadn't come across violence like that at all.

She lowered her hand as Richard Henry the Eighth removed his. It was....kind of strange to be there with him, working on a puzzle. It was much like a mystery story. Hmmm. Was that what they were living in right now? "Maybe send a messenger this time. Have another ride with him to ensure the arrival of the message. If there's anything other than a falcon going after the pigeon, we'd need to know. What if there are others trying to keep you from your family?" Oh now she was slinging out some of the tales that she had read. "What if you wrre in the way of something, and that this whole mess was concocted to keep you away? Afterall, who'd of ever thought of Cintria and Elbion being united through marriage? Why the Merchant's Council would probably laugh right out of their chambers."

If anyone had any answers it was probably Richard's Father. He was probably the only other person present when this betrothal was agreed upon.

Richard smirked staring at Myrcella's question. Didn't already answer that? Oh well maybe a little light wouldn't hurt. "Oh my apologies," The Bard Knight chuckled. "I've must've spoken Elvish again forgive me Lady Bochanan. I was In Fal'Addas lovely place if you ignore the smugness. Allow me to answer the question I already answered a few seconds ago. Your tasks involve you negotiating trade goods, alliances, and meetings. Sure you'll have dress pretty and be paraded around but that's just how the grand game is played."

Richard then crossed his arms staring into Myrcella's deep blue eyes. The sounds of swords clashing and men and women screaming filled his head again. Richard thought he blocked it out, but here it is again. Images of men and women dying as they charged up the hill. His father gathering what remains of his army before a Halberd struck Richard's father. The blade scratching his breastplate but otherwise knocked him down. Richard himself was covered in blood and gore shouting his father's name rushing to him just as the enemy was about to aim the Halberd towards his father's throat.....

Richard snapped out of his trance feeling beads of cold sweat forming on his forehead. He swallowed and forced a smile at Mrcyella. "I pray to the Gods," Richard said rather slowly. "That you never go into battle and that the only act of violence that you'll commit is slapping me on the head for being so silly."

If it was something that scared Richard was that he had a talent for battle. It ran in the family and Richard was descended from great warriors but they were abilities that he did not want. To harm another person no matter how bad they may be wasn't right..... And Richard harmed too many people fighting for his father, too many sleepless nights. Terrible nightmares.

"If anything," Richard said trying to forget those unfortunate thoughts. "I'd say it's time we watch out for the families that participated in the funeral. Thankfully the will was read in private but know this Myrcella. Nobles don't go to a funeral to mourn, they go to plot and form alliances. The head of one of the most powerful families in Cintria has passed away and the vultures are circling around the Bochanans looking to strike."

• Yay
"That wasn't exactly what you had said earlier, Richard. A little clarification would have been a bit more....appropriate. Afterall, sometimes to represent a family, one needs only to be present. And that is all." He seemed to poke at his higher knowledge of the outside world to her whenever he could. Yet Richard Henry the Eighth was still not quite seeing things from her position. But maybe that was because he'd never go through it himself.

Speaking of which, the look in his eyes seemed to change as he stared at her with his arms folding across his chest. Myrcella just stared back, her brows furrowed until he broke out of his thoughts. Despite the fact that he was looking at her, she had the sense that he didn't really see her. His eyes looked distant.

She gave him a small smile as he joked about her slapping him. No doubt that'd probably happen many times over. But still, if she was going to be protected, she needed to trust that protection.

The subject was changed to the mystery at hand, however. And it was the most pressing of matters for the pair. "My Father has died and my brother is missing. What if....what if this betrothal was only to be done in the event of his early demise as a means to protect my family from these other nobles? That would make the reason that it was in his will make more sense, wouldn't it? Or am I just grasping at straws?"

"I think I've made point clear Myrcella," Richard said grinning. "It's just that I have that damn habit of speaking Elvish. I guarantee I'll try to be more concise next time."

Richard gave Myrcella a wink after he said it probably not the best to further agitate the young woman Celty did warm him about how Myrcella did not like to be teased excessively. Which was pretty considering that Myrcella herself was the one who did the tormenting. Richard then frowned when Myrcella expressed her concerns about the other nobles taking advantage of her father's death. Even though the Kingdom of Cintria have different customs compared to Elbion. One thing that they both share in common is their thirst for politics. Oh how the Cintrians love a good backstabbing.

"With your brother's disappearance," Richard began. "If I understand the Cintrian the line of succession states that males are favored over females yes? I'm not sure if I agree with that statement, if anything this might make the family more vulnerable. Long lost relatives will conveniently appear, express their condolences while laying claim to your estate. It happens all the time in Elbion."

Despite the Merchant Guild running the city, Elbion second favorite pastime is politics. If the nobles weren't bickering about trade goods, they would bickering about their families rights. "I get the feeling that either our fathers didn't plan think this through which is unlikely or your brother's disappearance had something related to this betrothal."

• Yay
Myrcella smirked as Richard Henry the Eighth teased her even more so. Was he always going to be so...so...annoying? Frustrating? It wasn't as though she was in his head. The two had lived very different lives in different kingdoms. How much was left unsaid in what he said? It was very difficult for her to figure that out right now.

But then he began responding to her questions of their situation. She rested her chin in her hands, elbows on the table while she stared at the opened book in front of her. "My brother was favoured above me, especially as he was a tiny bit older. Which left me free to just do my own thing. I suppose that it's the same kind of freedom that you shared?" And now that freedom came to an end. For both of them.

And the very idea that her betrothal was somehow linked with her brother's disappearance was disturbing. She didn't like it at all. "My sister is going to need protection when I go. She cannot leave the Estate without our enemies pouncing on it. Yet having her here alone would make her vulnerable..."

Myrcella frowned slightly. Titus Phane would be the perfect man to protect Celty. And he'd do it too, all for the love that he had for the family. And for her...

So that was what duty meant, was it? She had responsibilities now that'll end up spanning two families if the betrothal was set to come true. Only now was she just starting to grasp the political aspects of it.

Richard grimaced when Myrcella said that Richard had that same freedom Myrcella had. Truth be told, Richard had to fight constantly to be the person he wanted to be. He was given a sword when he wanted a quill, told to fight when he wanted to sing. While it did pain Richard that he left his family, traveling the world was the most free he has ever been. Until fate decided otherwise, Richard frowned why oh why was he cursed to obey his father? Why couldn't the Gods just let him live the life he chose?

"Truth be told," Richard said to Mrycella quietly. "You've probably had more freedom than me." Mrycella was lucky to live a life by her terms. To be free and happy doing things she liked while Richard faced the realities of living up to the family name. Now everything is crashing onto the girl and it's up to Richard to guide and protect her.

Speaking of protection.

"Agreed," Richard said in regards of Celty being in danger. "Which is why I'll send knights from Elbion to watch over her once we leave. They're the best in the city albeit they tend to be overzealous at times but are fiercely loyal!"

There were many knights who place honor over everything else. The problem with honor is that everyone has their different view on what it is making some knights appear self-righteous and sometimes even killers though Knights think that they're doing the honorable thing. Richard didn't care about the notions of honor especially when it pertains to the arbitrary parameters of the chivalric code. All knights in Alliria follow it but some Kingdoms interpretation of it is rather colorful to the least.

"So Mycella," Richard said smiling awkwardly. "Let's try to forget about the marriage and focus on having fun?"

• Yay
Hmmm. That was probably true. Maybe she did have more freedom than Richard Henry the Eighth did. Looking back on her life up until the betrothal, Myrcella got to do whatever she wanted. That made her a bit of a brat at times, something that she didn't notice until recently. And now she couldn't afford to be that way. Especially as she was being uprooted soon.

She nodded at the mention of Elbion knights being sent here to protect Celty. That was probably a good idea. "Alright, have them brought here. But I'd like to see them myself and be sure that they're a right fit. I don't want Celty to be...uncomfortable." But at least most of their staff will remain here. Already Myrcella pictured the number of staff that she was going to bring with her getting smaller. And that was a hard pill to swallow.

At the mention of doing something else, Myrcella closed her book. "Well, what do you suggest? Go for a ride?"

"Well the Knights of Elbion may be pompous asses," Richard explained "but they much rather hang themselves than harm a girl of noble birth."

A commoner on the other hand..... it depended on the knight. Despite the unpleasantries, the Knights of Elbion are considered to be the best and most honorable knights in all of Arethril with the Vel Anir knights coming at a close second in terms of being borderline fanatic with chivalry. The Knights of Elbion even have a roundtable located near the college where they train and discuss events going around Elbion. Richard was invited to join main due to his noble connections but he declined. His older brother on the other hand was a high ranking official in the roundtable.

Richard didn't want to spend any more time brooding over the betrothal. It bought down what was already a dour day for the Bochanan family. Gwyendolyn not only lost her husband and son, but her eldest daughter will be leaving her soon. Richard already saw nobles getting ready to usurp the Bochanans out of their position and all Richard and Mrycella are left with are just more questions to this marriage mess. They needed a break from all this.

"Splendid!" Richard clapped his hands with glee. "I've heard that you are a talented rider! I'd say that I'm good rider myself. My noble steed: Roach and I have won many jousting tourneys while I traveled the world! Shall I race you to the stables?"

Richard winked at Mrycella before running out of the library. "Last one to the stables cooks dinner!" he yelled sprinting as fast as he can.

• Yay
"Well I wouldn't want them to annoy her or tease her too much. That' my job, remember? Of course this could help pull my Mother out of her mourning and get her to take charge again." Gwendalyn Bochanan was a fierce woman. Yet the death of Rorric had her go into some self seclusion. Everyone was worried about her. No doubt Myrcella's betrothal didn't help matters.

The change in topic was good. As Richard Henry the Eighth remarked on his riding skills, she got to her feet and started to collect the books so that she could put them away for safekeeping. But then he...ran out the door? "Hey!"

Myrcella dropped the books and gathered the folds of her skirt before she started sprinting after him. "Hey! You're cheating! And I don't think you'd want me to cook!" Especially as she didn't know how. She groaned as she ran, her shoes clearly not made for running, so they began to hurt her feet after she managed to sprint down one of the hallways and around the corner. Huffing, she chased after him, Richard obviously knowing the way. "Ladies first! Have you forgotten!" Well it was a race, so such rules didn't apply. Still, he cheated!

Richard laughed while he sprinted through the hall he was never the best runner but years training in armor doing mundane tasks such as picking up haystacks while jogging increased his speed and stamina. "My dear Myrcella!" Richard said craning his head back to see the young woman gathering her skirts struggling to keep up. "You've told me that you wanted be treated as an equal when we get married! And now you're using my chivalric code against me? Shame on you!"

It was a little odd that men were favored over women Cintria. Whether in the military or in the line of succession. In Elbion, men and women were considered equal and secession is determined based on the eldest sibling though not all families abided by it. "Come on Myrcella!" Richard winked. "I thought you were better than this! Celty informed me that you used to beat her in races all the time!"

The Bard Knight's first impressions of Celty was that she was bratty just like Myrcella had said. However after talking to the youngest child of House Bochanan, Richard found out that Celty felt insecure. She was jealous of Myrcella's beauty and talents for the arts. While she was a great horse rider and dreamt of becoming a knight, having an extensive knowledge of knighthood and swordsmanship It seemed that such things are frowned on Cintrain society. It didn't help that Myrcella's relentless teasing made her feel even more insecure.

Richard leaned next to the door leading to the gardens smiling at Myrcella huffing and puffing trying to catch up. "Mrycella," Richard said. "I felt so bad leaving you behind that I thought I should just allow you to catch up. I'll be gentleman and allow you to run the first mile."

Richard opened the door and as Mrycella got closer, Richard immediately ran off. "I jest!" he laughed running to the stables and reaching it before Myrcella.

• Haha
"We're not married yet!" Myrcella HAD to stress that while she ran. She was still a Bochanan, afterall, for a little while longer. And she planned on taking full advantage of it for as long as she could.

She grumbled as Richard Henry the Eighth continued to taunt and tease her while they ran. "Celty's smaller...and you're bigger than me!" Not to mention that he had a tougher life than she had, so he was more prepared for this than she was. Myrcella just wanted a ride, not a footrace! It was difficult not to trip as the folds of fabric would try to wrap themselves around her legs, regardless of her trying to hold the fabric up.

Seeing Richard stopped at the door of the gardens, she slowed herself down, her breathing coming in gasps. "Run the first mile? Did I hear you cor--" Myrcella's words were cut off as he broke into another sprint towards the stables once she had gotten close. Yet instead of chasing after him, she slowed down to a walk, letting go of the skirt while she began fanning herself with her hand. Her cheeks were flushed with the sudden physical activity and her hair carried a bit of a wild look to it. She reached the stables a full minute after Richard did, greeting him with a smirk. "You're a cheater. Though I think making me cook for you is more of a punishment than a reward."

"A cheater?" Richard raised his eyebrows in mock shock while chuckling. "This coming from the lady who would often get head starts ahead of her little sister during races. I figure I would return the favor for little Celty." The Bard Knight stood up straight and placed his hands on his hips. "Mission accomplished!" He announced.

Myrcella cheating during their competitions was one of the many things Celty would complain to Richard about. She would always get head starts and Cetly will always have tough time chasing her and would be made even worse when Myrcella taunted Celty over her loss. It did remind Richard of the competitive face offs between him and his older brother: Mathias. Mathias would beat Richard in everything physical: Racing, Swordfighting, Archery. Mathias was everything that his father wanted in a child and heir.

Richard admitted he was jealous of his brother, to see him get the praise and adoration just because he lived up to his father's expectations. While Richard did best him in jousting and pretty much any activity that didn't require physical exertion aside from war strategy, it was pretty obvious that Mathias was better at being a Knight than Richard ever could. It didn't help that Richard didn't want to be a Knight in the first place.

"My dear Mrycella," Richard smiled. "You look even prettier when your face is flustered, it shows that you have vulnerabilities under that bratty exterior. Besides my lady you haven't endured my cooking. I like to think eating my terrible food prepared my stomach for anything that's rancid. I mean I've survived stew made by Orcs I'm sure anything you cook will make Orc Stew taste like Strawberry Shortcakes."

If only Celty could see Richard verbally dressing down Myrcella.

Hopping onto his Horse Richard smirked. "Now my lady," he said. "Where shall we go?"

• Yay
Myrcella narrowed her eyes slightly as she smirked. "So Celty put you up to this, did she? Is that what all of this is about? Revenge for her?" Normally she'd be quick to get Celty back for such a thing. However since she was going to be leaving soon and needing to have Celty protected, her attitude towards her little sister had changed.

Still, that didn't mean that she'd let Richard Henry the Eighth get away with it. On the contrary she had every intention of getting him back. But revenge was a better dish served cold, so Myrcella planned on being patient.

"I don't need you to search for my vulnerabilities, thank you. I'd prefer to keep them to myself, if you don't mind." She quit fanning herself once she had caught her breath. And the fact that Richard thought that she knew how to cook anything, let alone well, was laughable. "And I'm not going to cook for you. Especially as you cheated."

Her golden stallion was brought to her, saddled up and bridled. She took hold of the reigns and mane, pulling herself up with ease after placing her foot in the stirrup. Given that she was a lady, she rode side-saddle. "This way." With a nudge she urged her horse into a canter along the path. The Bochanan grounds were rather large, given that they raised and sold horses. It wasn't until they were free of the trees and into one of the fields that she brought her horse to a full gallop.

One of the things that Richard did observe from Myrcella was that she was observant. She was capable of picking up the smallest of details. It was a great trait to have especially in the cutthroat politics of the nobles and merchants of Elbion. Richard remembered Myrcella telling that during the funeral when Cintrian nobles smiled and asked her to accept their condolences that their eyes don't smile when their face does. It tipped Richard off of the nobles true intentions not that he needed Myrcella to tell him as years at court hardened him to go beyond first impressions but Myrcella is learning at a rapid rate.

"She might not need my protection after all," The Bard Knight thought. "But she needs to grow that gift and not just use for mainly observing the latest fashion that the nobles are wearing."

Richard then crossed his arms. "I don't know Lady Bochanan," he said smirking. "You have a gift of spelling vulnerabilities to the world all ready. It doesn't take a child to figure out what makes tick. Besides it's keep your end of the bargain. In Elbion people take debts rather seriously, of course given that I'm an altruistic Knight who loves nature, I'll let it slide though unlikely that other people won't be as forgiving."

By the Gods about 60 percent of murders in Elbion was because the victim either couldn't or refused to pay off debts to gambles or loans. The nobles were much more subtle with the occasional poisoning or as Richard recalled the Elbion guard saying that a victim who had a knife In back of the head was a suicide. Apparently that guard wasn't paid off sufficiently enough or was really dumb. Richard leaned on the latter.

Richard hopped on his Horse and began following Mrycella around the field. It was massive land full of birds and squirrels going around. Richard wondered if Mycella would like his home, it was huge as well but not in the way the Bochanan residence is. Just then Richard saw the young woman begin to speed up leaving the Bard Knight in his dust. "Now wait just minute!" He laughed spurring his Horse to gallop faster. "Are we in a race now?!" He shouted behind.

• Yay
Myrcella's mouth just dropped as Richard Henry the Eighth nearly held her to the deal to the foolish race that he cheated on. How dare he? He cheated! There was no honour in that. Was that how the people in Elbion operated? Was he always going to be teaching her lessons like this at her own expence?

It didn't matter though. She was beating him now. Her golden stallion was used to running hard and fast. He was familiar with these fields while Richard was not. A path was visible through the grass, one that was clear of dips and stones that would otherwise hurt the horses. "Yes! And you're looooosiiiiiiing!!!!" Myrcella laughed in spite of herself.

That is until she thought of her Father and her brother. Normally it'd be the three of them racing through these fields. And now it was just her and Richard.

She shook her head a little, clearing her mind and heart of the sudden wave of saddness. The stone wall that seperated one field to the next was fast approaching. Should they end it there? Or keep going? After a moment or two, she decided to do both. "Heeyah!!!" Myrcella urged her stallion to keep going and clear the four foot wall in an easy jump.

Richard chuckled at Myrcella galloping her Horse ahead of him. "Oh so this isn't cheating when it benefits you huh?!" he said with a smirk urging his Horse to run faster.

Knights mostly fought on Horseback though Richard knew some who rather fight on foot. According to them it was more epic and satisfying to take on the enemy with nothing more than a shield and sword. War was neither epic nor satisfying It was a brutal and bloody and Richard hoped someone like Myrcella would never have to experience it. Though given how is father loves war that may prove difficult.

Still Richard has a gift for Horse riding, it was as natural to him as breathing. Richard can take the lamest of Horses and have them be as effective as War Horses. Richard's older brother would joke that Richard is a "Horse Whisperer" which could be the case as every time Richard would be around a Horse they would be calm and at ease with him. That gift served Richard well when it came to sports such as Jousting or Horseback riding. When Richard couldn't find get coin from singing or reading his poetry, he would compete in tournaments exclusive for knights and win big.

The wall was no problem for the Bard Knight as Richard signaled for the Horse to jump over the wall and next to Myrcella. "Well what is it you said about losing?" Richard smirked at the young woman before spurring his Horse to accelerate ahead of her and to their goal. Leaving Myrcella in the dust.

• Yay
Myrcella narrowed her eyes slightly as she lowered her body to her horse to provide less air resistance. So Richard Henry the Eighth was going to call her a cheater everytime she beat him at something? Well that wasn't fair! Why must everything be so...so...open for debate? Of course she was rather used to getting her own way most of the time.

As Richard passed her by, she urged her horse to move faster. "You don't even know where we're going!" And just to prove her point, Myrcella pulled the reins and veered her horse to the right, breaking away from their previous path anddirectly towards the lake. The shores were full of pebbles as opposed to sand, yet the tide was out, so that helped. Another group of trees waited along the edge, weeping willows. It was there that she was leading him. One of her hideaway spots that helped her to just forget everything for a time and listen to nature.

With a head start, Myrcella arrived there first. But as her horse slowed down to a canter, it spotted a snake in the grass and reared. Myrcella didn't expect that. She held onto the reins, but given that she was sitting side-saddle, it didn't stop her from falling off. She tried to catch herself on her feet, but landed sideways on her left ankle and rolled it. "AHHH!!!" She let go of the reins and crumpled to a heep on the grass, her dress billowing around her. The horse continued to rear and buck until it stomped the snake to death.

Myrcella was right Richard didn't know where she was going but it was fun seeing her flustered trying to keep up with the Bard Knight. It was good to have a little bit of fun, to be so carefree before heading back Elbion. Soon the Henry family will be in the eyes of every noble in the merchant town, they're the first family to finally break through and form an alliance with a noble of the Cintrian Kingdom. Mrycella will be targeted but Richard hoped that she would be prepared. It seems that Myrcella wants to head for shores located far away from the Bochahnan estate. That's one of the few areas that Richard haven't explored, Myrcella on the other hand seemed to know what it was.

Myrcella passed Richard looking more flustered as ever, he chuckled just watching the young woman doing anything in her power to beat him. She will fit just fine in Elbion in addition to cut throat politics, they love good competition between businesses Myrcella's competitive nature will make her feel right at hime. Just then Myrcella's neighed in fear causing Mrycella to scream. Richard gripped the reigns of his Horse urging him to slow down, It was likely that there was something that had Mrycella's Horse spooked. The Bard Knight watched mouth agape Myrcella fall of her Horse and land on the ground rolling her ankle in the process.

"Myrcella!" Richard got off his Horse and sprinted to Myrcella's side nearly tripping on the pebbles In the process. Wouldn't it be funny for Richard to also twist his ankle as well. "No," Richard thought rolling his eyes. "It wouldn't be neither funny nor pleasant."

Richard knelt by the young woman removing the shoe of the inflicted ankle. He frowned seeing some swelling around Myrcella's ankle. "Hang on my dear," Richard said taking out a white cloth from his pocket. "Do not your ankle. You'll make the pain worse."

Richard gently wrapped the cloth around Myrcella's foot and he began carrying her bridal style. "A Knight always helps the lady," he smirked at Myrcella. "You're going to be alright."

The Bard Knight carried Mycella near the stream and slowly placed her down. "Don't move," Richard said again taking Myrcella's ankle and dipping against the stream. "Just keep your ankle submerged," Richard advised. "I'll make sure that you won't drown." The Bard Knight winked at the young woman smirking.

• Sip
Myrcella winced, propping herself up on her elbows as Richard Henry the Eighth took off her shoe. "Don't you move it either! ...Ow..." She hadn't really hurt herself like this before. She closed her eyes, shielding them with one of her arms as she layed back while Richard wrapped her foot.

As he carried her, she held onto him with her outside arm, turning her head towards his chest so that she could hide even more so. Now this was some cruel joke on her! It just wasn't fair. "...At least I won the race..."

After placing her down, Myrcella sat up. The cold water shocked her, so of course she jumped in spite of herself, which sent a shock of pain going up her leg. "Ow!!! It's so cold!" Speaking of cold, she began to tremble as mild shock set in. "I may not drown...but I could f-freeze to death!"