Completed Book One. Nosdyn Saga.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2578
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2578

Years later...

The Lord of the Castle, Nosdyn, paced back and forth for a long moment. He was deep in thought. He was watched as always by Lady Velera and Anya. One of them though...was with child. His state as a Vampire had given him a mixed blessing. In his ritual work with Velera, he'd been able to gift his wife Anya, with child...what he could not do in normal life. Velera explained that their child would be a Pure Blood Vampire burn of their strain.

They'd fought long and hard to earn their freedom.

The Vassal medics worked on Lady Anya and he, Nosdyn observed the entire proceedings. He refused isolation for that opting to be by her side.

A Vassal walked up to Nosdyn. "You've been here for hours without break..."

He suddenly smacked the medic hard. "I am going to remain here as long as it takes. This is my place, where I belong. Don't ask me to leave. See to my wife, if she is harmed during this it will be your head on a plate. So get back to work." Nosdyn commanded.

With time, he'd grown used to the Vampirism and had developed an edge. A cold one. The only two who were immune to his wrath were Velera and Anya herself.

Velera was sitting nearby, having also remained to insure their child was born safely. "She will be well my Lord." Velera promised. "I swear to you."

He nodded grimly towards Velera understanding why she said that to him. Anya was strong, and would need that strength to survive the current ordeal.

It was agony, nothing but agony. She had been prepared for this, and thanks to her activities with Nosdyn it wasn’t as painful as it could be, but it definitely hurt, a lot. But once the child was free, the baby boy cried loudly, a good sign. The child was covered in blood, and the medics wrapped the boy in a clean white cloth and handed him to Anya, who accepted the child, tears in her eyes.

“Don’t take it out on the medic Nos.” She said between screams and grunts. “Don’t be like the slavers.”

Conrad.” The name they had agreed on should the child be a boy.

She broke down into joyful sobs, the pain all but forgotten.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
Velera breathed a sigh of relief. Anya and the child were fine, and healthy. Velera stood and went over to Nosdyn, “Master Nosdyn, it’s best if we leave them alone to rest. Both of them are exhausted. There’s no way they aren’t. It’s better if we leave them alone.”

Velera held the door open for him and said to Anya, “you and Conrad get some sleep. You need it.”

• Love
He made sure he saw the heat signature of the boy, Conrad for a moment before he accepted it.

He looked at Velera. "Yes, let us take leave for a while and let them rest they have earned it." He took Anya's counsel to heart, but he couldn't help the fact he was changing...

He went with Velera to the master library.

There he sat down for a long moment, deep in thought a lot had happened. The blind Vampire Lord looked at Velera. "Thank you for being there for me during the battle with Lord Grendric. I don't know that we would have lived otherwise. I know you had doubts but I believed in you." He told Velera calmly. He had kept some parts of himself in the transformation process.

He sat deep in thought at that point many thoughts passed through his mind at that point...he was just glad that Anya had lived through the whole process.

She chuckled, it was hardly a battle. It was a war. “I wasn’t as important as you or Anya, Master Nosdyn. I was the bait for the initial ambush, which we both know didn’t kill him. I appreciate it though. And look how it turned out, you now control a Vampire nation. Not too bad.” She said sitting next to him. “And you have two hot women on a leash. And now you have a son on top of it all. You are the one who earned it all through your own decisions, don’t thank me, you did most of it. You and Mistress Anya.”

• Love
Nosdyn looked at Velera's heat signature the whole time...he really didn't mind it.

The whole signature was like a burst of light. It somehow made people far more beautiful than they were initially. "Its a light...everyone appears as a glowing light." He suddenly told Velera. He'd told her that he had become completely blind in the process....but he hadn't been able to quite mention the heat signature aspect of it quite yet.

He thought there was a beauty to the whole situation.

"Your are my instructor in all this always. Teach me what I must know as a leader of this Vampire Nation of ours." He made sure to say the word ours...they were all in that together. "I just want to be an effective leader, it's no longer about just us. Velera before the transformation rite, I took step to cut us off from the other fort. I don't wan to risk putting the others in danger. We're all on our own but with different resources now." He explained, he knew he had done the right thing. He didn't want to become the oppressor to former allies.

“Protect the clan, make decisions on what needs to happen and make sure that the vampires are organized, and regulate what they can and can’t do.” She said. “This isn’t your clan now, not ours, yours. You are the Clan Lord. Just make sure that they stay in line. Lay down rules, enforce them and defend your subjects. That’s the gist of it.

• Love
He listened to her speaking at that moment.

She was a great instructor, and would help steer him in the right direction always.

He knew having complete command of that Vampire Clan would take a little bit of getting used to...he didn't mind share power primarily with his wife.

He would take all of Velera's teachings to heart.

"My clan it is." Nosdyn said after a few moments of deep thought. He didn't mind it, but he knew the Vampire's society structure worked different than what he was used to.

He handed Velera a small group of letters and parchments he'd been working on after she'd told him the exact numbers they were working with. "Tell me what you think of those. I wrote those all that first week." Nosdyn explained. "I want to pool all of our resources and recall them here if we're to prepare for a long war with other Vampire Lords potentially, as well as The Empire...I want all of our resources available to me at all times. Primarily...your skill set I am going to need." Nosdyn explained carefully. There was another enemy that watched closely from the shadows too, The Empire who'd been silent on that front for months by that point since their last commander got sacked brutally by Nosdyn's forces.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Yay
Reactions: Velera
She looked over the letters. She listened to him talk. “Sounds like a good plan, a way to make sure that it’s safe. As for wars with other vampire lords, it’s not uncommon, and definitely a real possibility in your position. Caution is a good policy, but I would advise you make it clear that you aren’t afraid, fear is the first step towards death in your position.”

She looked up at him. “I hope that you trust me enough to give you counsel.”

• Love
"You are doing great as my Instructor so yes I trust you. You saved us during that battle. In turn I will always have your back." Nosdyn said quietly to her. "Your counsel is a boon." Nosdyn explained things to her. "I'd be tumbling around in the darkness without your help." He held her hand in his hand at that point. A simple and kind gesture.

"How much of the process is going to take time to complete?" He asked of her, he knew he was still changing and discovering things of himself as a Vampire Lord. Even years after the fact. But because of her guidance, he'd done it all with dignity. "If you ever need help with anything remember what I promised you. I will always save you." He said to her, their silent oath to one another.

Last edited by a moderator:
“The process never ends. Vampirism, at least this strain, always changes the vampires, changing not how they can do various things, usually improving on existing senses and capabilities, and doing the same with their weaknesses. It’s basically an ever growing augmentation, making everything more prominent.”

She accepted his hand. “I’m glad you trust me Master Nosdyn.”

• Love
"I believe in you. I believe fate brought us all together for some higher purpose, a higher cause." He knew he must have sounded like a madman right there. But in his mind it made some sort of a sense. He didn't believe in any particular religion but perhaps The Vampires he was a part of at that point would provide him with one. "Tell me about our Gods...surely we Vampires have a religion to call our own. I wish to learn what I can." Nosdyn said to her, he was eagerly one of her best students.

"I don't have a religion but I am willing to embrace ours." He said truthfully to her.

“Religion? We vampires don’t have religion either, in general anyway.” She said. “We usually don’t worship a higher power. Sorry to disappoint you.”

She looked at him.

The following day, Anya came to Nosdyn with her newborn child Conrad. “Nosdyn. You haven’t actually met your son yet. Here he is.”

• Love
A change occurred within him right then...

He would have always made a great Father.

In his Vampire state he became an excellent Father...she handed Conrad to him and he held the little one carefully to him. "My son..." He said quietly to them. "Our son..." He looked at Anya. They would do everything together with the boy. Nosdyn noticed something immediately. "He has blue skin...he's an Orc as well." Nosdyn noticed the boy's blue skin right away...his people would live on. The blue marks were visible to him with his heat signature...

He thought about his people for a moment. We will beat the odds...we will live on. From Lady Anya, he never guarded his thoughts from her. He wanted her in his mind, always. He'd told her such. He held his son in both of his arms carefully, and for the first time in a long time...he suddenly cried before his two women. But they were tears of joy and a feeling of happiness.

They'd won their freedom in the end.

Anya hugged him closely, their child between them. She was a mother, she still couldn’t get her mind around it, a mother. Tears streamed down her face, she had borne a child. She needed to contact her family, her father and brother. Her heart stopped.

Her father, her brother, both hated vampires more than anything else. She stepped back, looking suddenly torn.

• Love
He observed the Lady Anya for a long moment.

He understood what had just happened, their thoughts were as one. He nodded to her. "Do you need time to contact your people?" He asked of her. "Maybe maybe we can change things." Nosdyn suddenly said boldly. He knew a Vampire Slayer would always be a Slayer through and through. But he'd turned Anya who was a Slayer herself.

He understood somewhat what that could mean.

"I want you to understand if they attempt to harm you..." He became serious at that point. "But take your time to contact them. I will watch our son, and Velera will be here too. I won't be alone." Nosdyn said to her. "I recommend letters at first." He told her, they would not be safe in a den of Vampire Slayers...

“I’ll start with letters. I can’t avoid this, my father needs to know he has a grandchild, and my brother needs to know his nephew. It isn’t something we can solve today, but I’ll get started on a letter. My brother will be the most forgiving, after some time anyway, I’ll tell him first.”

She hugged him again, “but not right now, Let’s just enjoy the moment.”

• Love
He held her closely to them, their son in between them both.

He ran a hand softly through her hair, holding his son with one powerful arm.

His body had been well chiseled into a weapon...so he could easily hold the little one.

He spoke with her for a long time, Velera was present and he included her in the talks as well.

He considered his women, the guiding light in his heart even as a Vampire.

He knew the darkness would tempt him, make him do things on impulse.

The night was for him and his family he kissed his wife deeply words were not enough to mention how proud of her The Blue Orc was. At that point a thought passed through his mind that his wife could hear. We did this together my love...we beat the odds...

His thoughts were heard, and was thankful. She looked up at him, then kissing her son’s head she spoke, “when my brother gets here, I want you with me when we talk. He needs to meet you, and he definitely needs to see Conrad. And he’s more likely to understand than my father.”

She hugged them more closely. “I hope, he understands.”

"Your brother will be safe. This I promise you I will command our forces to let him pass to speak to you." Nosdyn suddenly said, he deeply understood he had to be a leader there for all of their sake. Once again he was standing up and embracing a fate he did not want but accepted it for what it was....he was a Vampire Lord there would always be enemies.

He would order his vassals to allow her brother to pass upon his arrival. It would all depend on the Slayers code. Nosdyn would allow her to see things right by her family.

Nosdyn never had a family but he understood, somehow, what Anya was feeling because of their mental bonds.

That night...

He sat in the library with Velera deep in thought. He was searching for something, the old tomes contained secrets. "This one." Nosdyn said to his instructor. "Listen to the Diablerie passages here." He was searching for a way to more powerfully control the thirst in a much safer environment...maybe there could be a peace between his people and Anya's family.

He showed Velera the article in question. He had a good eye to seek what he wanted out of the books in question, the old Vampire knowledge.

They were written in their Vampire's tongue. Velera had taught him their symbols and many other things besides that.

He admired his teacher...

“There isn’t no real way to get rid of the thirst. We can do something though, there are a number of criminals around the world, bring them in you can avoid harming innocents and clean up the streets at the same time, and have a semi permanent food source. Several birds with one stone.”

• Love
He nodded. He wasn't trying to find a cure for the thirst...but rather a way to control it far more effectively. But he listened to her guidance and accepted it, she knew a lot more about their state than he. And he was an accepting student.

A thought occurred to him. He suddenly had a serious expression on his face. "We could feed on The Empire's citizens as a viable food source." He said that in a very serious way. Long had The Empire been a thorn in their side, and they could pick off people from this or that district. They didn't even have to go to deep within The Empire fortress. He was considering their options carefully. "And you, my love can always feed on me. I rather enjoyed how you bit me."

"And you, my love can always feed on me. I rather enjoyed how you bit me."

“I doubt that Mistress Anya would allow that. Besides, you know how the hierarchy goes, and that Mistress Anya won’t let it change. You could drink from me though, she’d have no trouble with that. Besides, I cannot do anything to harm my Vampiric Master no matter how much permission I have.”

• Love