Private Tales Blood Money

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Victoria O'Connor

Red Vampire
Character Biography
Link
The new moon meant an especially dark night, and those were Victoria's favorite. The stars blazed more brilliantly and the swirling infinity of the cosmos could be seen far above. Down below, the sounds of waves crashing against jagged black rocks dominated the background.

In the grand entry hall of Greyrock Castle, Victoria stood atop a large stone staircase. Rich, red carpets had been laid down and ran from the heavy wooden doors and up the steps, splitting where she stood to go in either direction to the upper levels of the dark fortress. Tapestries, taken from various lands, adorned the walls on either side, and the highest ranking house servants stood alongside the carpet, ready to serve their new guests. Many of them appeared subdued and glassy-eyed, but the man and woman nearest the door, dressed in the finest clothes, were bright and alert with charming smiles.

Outside the iron-wrought doors the carpet extended into the courtyard. Bright torchlight illuminated the entryway, and groundskeepers and more servants stood ready to receive travelers and to carry their effects to their respective rooms. Stablehands stood ready to feed and water the horses after their long journey, and fresh red roses had been set up in honor of the occasion.

Victoria stood with hands clasped in front, wearing her typical color palate of deep red and black. The necklace she wore was silver and adorned with several large rubies, and it complemented the rings upon her slender, ivory fingers. When the heavy doors were pulled open, she began her descent with arms open in greeting.

"Welcome, friends, to Greyrock. I do hope your journey was comfortable." Her voice was warm honey wrapped in silk, and she was flanked by four very attractive young women as she glided down the steps and up the red carpet. "Please relax and allow my servants to attend to you. We have baths drawn and a warm meal prepared."

He re-read the letter for the tenth time to make sure he wasn't mistaken as to who was inviting him... Yes, it was still Victoria O'Connor, the vampire he met at a birthday celebration in Alliria. During their acquaintance she hinted at her desire to do business with him, and with her letter she confirmed that it was for the sake of herself and the lands under her reign.
At the time her presence had put him ill at ease when his senses told him that she was a vampire, he had since then become a better master of himself and he was confident that he won't be at a disadvantage here.
When his caravan of trade wagons arrived in Castle Greyrock he was traveling in a carriage much like a noble would, though he was not a noble.

By this point he was less wary of the fact that he was entering a sovereign vampires den and more curious as to what sort of agreement they could come to. He was very much aware of what he could offer, but he wanted to play his cards close to his chest until he knew for sure of what she could offer him.

Traveling with him and in other carriages he brought some of his most skilled tradesmen to complete his entourage, including his close friend Ryado Eldemitri.
He was confident in his own skills and a merchant, but he wanted people he could rely on incase of the one percent chance that this is all a plot to take his blood or punish him for curing his vampirism. A clear paper trail led straight to this place should he not return within a reasonable amount of time.

As the carriage pulled up into the court yard and he stepped out onto the red carpet he had to admit that this was certainly a grand welcome, and they literally rolled out the red carpet for them!
Servants took their luggage and he and his people were ushered into the presence of the lady of the castle who welcomed them just as grandly!
"Welcome, friends, to Greyrock. I do hope your journey was comfortable."
Tzuriel gave her a warm smile and stepped forward as he and his companions bowed low, "Thank you for your gracious hospitality, Mistress O'Connor! It's truly an honor to be in your presence once more in continuation of our last meeting and we humbly accept your invitation."
He looked up and his blue eyes met hers accompanied by a teasing smirk, almost as if a hilarious joke just crossed his mind and he couldn't wait to share it, but it soon melted back into a cheerful greeting as he stepped closer and chastely kissed her hand.
"We would indeed enjoy a warm bath after our hard road. Your kindness knows no bounds, my lady."
He released her hand slowly, reluctantly, he knew what kind of danger those pretty hands concealed, but just as his first vampire encounter, he didn't mind at all.

• Love
Reactions: Victoria O'Connor
Victoria’s eyes flickered from Tzuriel to each of his guests in turn as they bowed. She had not met any of them before, although one looked almost familiar… had he been at the gala as well? She could not remember.

Tzuriel’s lips were warm on her hand. Very warm. The warmth of living flesh, a heat that gave a pleasure stopping just short of pain. She could feel the hair on her neck tingle, and while he was not her normal choice in prey, she could do far, far worse.

Tzuriel would be quite safe, of course, as would his traveling party. She had not lured them here as a trap nor under any false pretenses. She had been, for once, entirely truthful in her motivation: business and prosperity for all parties involved.

”Master Alanthis, ever the charmer. It is good to see you again.” She took his arm, gently intertwining her cool arms with his as a servant beckoned them to follow. Up the stairs they would go and to the left. There would be rooms provided for all of his company, but none would compare to his personal accommodations. A guest suite, smaller only than Victoria’s own chambers, awaited him. He would have a view of the dark sea, and when the sun rose he would be able to see the farmlands stretching to the north.

”You must tell me what news there is from Alliria, and of your travels. I do miss the energy of the city from time to time.” They approached the large, gilded doors to his chambers. ”Ah, but you are tired.”

The doors opened, as Victoria disentangled herself. “My girls will take care of you,” she said silkily, and two of the young women who had been flanking them stepped forward. One was raven haired, the other blonde, and both were extraordinarily beautiful. “I have asked them to attend to your every need, so do not be shy,” she touched his arm gently, Every need. Please, bathe and rest. When you are ready, someone will be at your door to lead you to dinner.”

She turned to go, and unless Tzuriel had any other parting words, she would meet him downstairs in the grand hall. One of the girls placed comforting, warm hands on Tzuriel’s shoulders, while the other would close the door behind them.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Tzuriel Alanthis
”Master Alanthis, ever the charmer. It is good to see you again."
"Likewise!" He agreed as she looped her arm in his. They followed the servants and one by one his people were dropped off at their respective rooms to freshen up.
He couldn't help but grin when they came to his guest room, of course save the best for last. He knew when he was being buttered up, fortunately he enjoyed the attention of being buttered up!

”You must tell me what news there is from Alliria, and of your travels. I do miss the energy of the city from time to time.”
”Ah, but you are tired."
He shrugged as he turned to face her. "Not as tired as you might think, but I will certainly freshen up!"

“My girls will take care of you,”
“I have asked them to attend to your every need, so do not be shy,”
Every need. Please, bathe and rest. When you are ready, someone will be at your door to lead you to dinner.”
The blatant offer of her two beautiful servants was tempting... The girls were exotic and almost as alluring as their mistress with their own subservient charms.
"I'll put them to good use then, again thank you for your hospitality! I will be down shortly."

He went into the richly decorated guest room with the two ladies in tow. A hot water bath was prepared and he moved to the center of the room, without even instructing them they started removing his clothing, first his travel coat, then his boots, then his shirt and trousers. He watched the two servants as they stripped him and tried not to stare at his built frame.

He lowered himself into the bathtub with a sigh and leaned back to relax. Two pairs of talented hands started massaging his shoulders and working the stress of the day out of his muscles.

• Devil
Victoria moved down the hall gracefully. Hopefully, Tzuriel would emerge from his bath rejuvenated and amenable to discussing allegiances. The girls may have been overkill, but she had observed enough of the man to know that even if he did not partake of their delights he should appreciate the offer.

An attendant, the head of house, approached her and bowed low before speaking. "The feast will be ready momentarily, my Lady."

"Good," she replied flatly, "And the other guests?"

"All seen to their rooms, my Lady, and offered every comfort. The horses have also been seen to the stables."

"See that they are well cared for. Master Alanthis must leave with horses cleaner and healthier than when he arrived... and ideally the same for his companions."

The servant bowed and moved to relay the orders. She liked him... though his name escaped her at the moment. Truthfully she didn't need it, as he was always around when she needed him and rarely required direct instruction. Good help had been difficult to find at first, so Victoria had made sure to hold tight to quality people... especially those who knew better than to ask dangerous questions.

The head of house was, like most of her help, human. Precious few other vampires lived at the castle, and those that did were young and relatively innocuous. Perhaps Tzuriel would notice that the blonde girl's hands were a bit cooler than her black-haired partner. Perhaps he would see that the human girl's eyes had a slightly glassy look to them. So strong, they would coo to him, relax, and let us take care of you, Master.

Thralls certainly made up a portion of the staff, but in truth they were not usually necessary. A job at Greyrock was about as luxurious as a peasant could ever hope for, and most were more than happy to serve. Most of them knew, to some degree, the dark secrets of the castle and its Lady, but they knew better than to mention this if they wished to keep their livelihoods. Servants that made trouble tended to go missing, and Lady O'Connor always seemed more vivacious for a day or two after they did...

The grand hall was lavishly decorated for the occasion, and long tables had been set for the feast. Victoria sat at the head and Tzuriel would be seated at her right hand. His closest associates would be seated nearby, and so forth. Even the servants would be treated to a meal for their trouble, although they would not be eating in the same room.

• Love
So strong,
relax, and let us take care of you, Master.
He could recognize the blond vampire immediately even if she wasn't touching him, and he'd seen enough thralls to recognize the other one, but he really didn't mind. He hadn't had a chance to relax in a good while, his business as kept him working day and night at times, even on the carriage ride over he had paper work to keep him busy.
And now skilled feminine hands worked his muscles and massaged the stiffness and stress out of his overworked body.
There were times their fingers dug in at just the right spot and he couldn't hold back a moan or a groan of satisfaction.

He took their advice and was finally able to relax if only a little. Though he did accept light entertainment from the servants he didn't take advantage of their willingness to serve him out of respect for the sacred codes of guests and hospitality.
When he came out of his room he was refreshed and in proper evening clothes and he let the servants lead him to the grand hall.

He smiled as he was led into the mistresses presence, he seemed less stiff and far more relaxed than when he came in.
"You're hospitality is indeed exquisite, Lady O'Connor. It's good to relax after a long journey on the road!"
He sat at the indicated spot and one by one his companions joined them.

Victoria smiled at Tzuriel’s words, though it could not really be called warm. His attitude, as always, was infectiously cheerful, and even the vampire herself could not help but enjoy his company.

”Only the finest for an esteemed guest. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your accommodations.” Her fingers toyed at the stem of a crystal goblet filled with rich red wine. At least… that is what she would say it was. Her lips were colored to match, cutting a stark contrast to her powder white skin and moving gracefully as she spoke.

Others were seated, and Victoria made sure to address each within earshot. Some greetings were cursory, but she would be sure to make special note of Captain Eldemitri. The nearby coast had its share of treacherous areas, indeed immediately behind the castle was a particularly nasty stretch of jagged stones barely beneath the waves, but a skilled mariner should easily find the safe passages. Along with establishing a land route between her lands and Alliria, Victoria wished to exploit the sea so close with its promises.

”Now, I must know the news from Alliria. The real news, I’m afraid only the driest stories find their way all the way out here.” She spoke as the first course was served.

• Popcorn
”Now, I must know the news from Alliria. The real news, I’m afraid only the driest stories find their way all the way out here.”
Tzuriel and the others talked while they ate.
"Alliria is busy as ever, never a dull moment to be found anywhere. Nobles and merchants bicker and scheme a bit more than usual as of late, apparently the rumor mill is running a story that the so called "Empire" has lost some of the steam it had when it was starting out, and of course there are those for which war profits so plots come up to get things rolling again."
He sipped from his glass, he wasn't naïve enough to believe that the red fluid in her glass was wine, even if he couldn't smell it clear as day.
"The rumors around Alliria also talk about a miracle worker, a creature working out of the slums that grants wishes or makes desires real. Some upstarts that tried to cut in on my profits confessed that this creature was responsible for their recent successes or acquisition of assets."

He didn't speak of these scoffingly like nobility do, but with an air of quiet consideration as if he didn't dismiss the idea that he could believe these rumors as well.
He was seated next to her so he leaned forward conspiratorially.
"There are many such merchants creeping up as if late, with promises and deals with devils. I don't know what you believe on the matter, but it seems such dealings are becoming far quicker and cheaper than reaching your dreams by your own efforts at this rate... For the low low cost of your soul."
He chuckled.
"If I had a copper for every time someone called me a devil for the deals I make, I would double my fortune at least once."

He gave her a cunning smile, "But fear not, My Lady. I don't ask for souls, usually coin, trade, shares and investment privilege's will do!"
He settled into a roguish expression as he regarded her with his fingers steepled.
"I don't know how much you intend to speak of business this evening, I know the night is young, but you'll find that I and my associates are more than willing to help you get your kingdom on its feet for out mutual benefit."

His companion, Ryado Eldemitri, spoke up with a hopeless gesture.
"Pardon my employer, Mistress O'Connor. Honestly I've had to slip him drugs before just to get him to rest for a couple minutes (He's very resistant to sedatives)! Naturally we're at your service, but we need not rush anything!"
Tzuriel looked sheepishly at the ceiling as he sipped his wine, but he was good humored about the jab.

• Haha
Tzuriel's boisterousness with words did not displease the red lady. She listen to his tales with a benign smile, gleaning what useful information she could from them. She had to suppress a cold chuckle as he described his competitors making "deals with devils," as if that was not exactly what he had come here to do, whether he knew it or not.

A wish-granting creature was intriguing, and Victoria wondered if it were true or just a tall tale used to disguise their actual means of acquiring wealth and power. As far as alibis went it was a lazy one... although notably creative.

"Oh, I am sure that is not the only reason they call you 'devil,'" she chided, resting a cool hand on the table by Tzuriel's wineglass. "But I am glad my soul is safe. And no need for Pardons, Master Eldemitri. There is pitifully poor conversation most meals; I am glad to host someone so... enthusiastic."

She took a sip, savoring the taste on her tongue before slowly setting the glass down. "Business is the reason for the occasion, I appreciate a man who can cut through the preamble. I hope to prove to you that my kingdom is quite steadily on its feet, although I should like to get it some nicer boots and see it walk farther in the near future. Our crops have done well this year, as you can see before you, but the surplus will go to waste without foreign buyers. Your caravans are legendary, of course. I should count Greyrock lucky to have its goods in such expert hands, and I would count myself lucky to have more visits from you."

"Both of you,"
she turned her sanguine gaze back to Ryado. "Captain, your reputation precedes you. The sea is dark now, but come morning I do hope you will be able to see the coast. I should like your opinion the best location for a trade dock."

• Devil
"Oh, I am sure that is not the only reason they call you 'devil,'" she chided, resting a cool hand on the table by Tzuriel's wineglass. "But I am glad my soul is safe. And no need for Pardons, Master Eldemitri. There is pitifully poor conversation most meals; I am glad to host someone so... enthusiastic."
True, he'd been called "devil" for other reasons, but mostly those were either women he'd taken to bed or the men he'd bested at swordplay. He needn't mention this, however.
He smirked and sampled more from his wineglass, allowing their fingers to brush against each other.
""Better the devil you know...", as the saying goes. But I do agree, good company is hard to come by at the best of times."

"Business is the reason for the occasion, I appreciate a man who can cut through the preamble. I hope to prove to you that my kingdom is quite steadily on its feet, although I should like to get it some nicer boots and see it walk farther in the near future. Our crops have done well this year, as you can see before you, but the surplus will go to waste without foreign buyers. Your caravans are legendary, of course. I should count Greyrock lucky to have its goods in such expert hands, and I would count myself lucky to have more visits from you."

"Both of you,"
she turned her sanguine gaze back to Ryado. "Captain, your reputation precedes you. The sea is dark now, but come morning I do hope you will be able to see the coast. I should like your opinion the best location for a trade dock."
Tzuriel listened attentively while Victoria spoke of what she desired for her kingdom.
Bringing her surplus to market was easy enough, but he felt that they could do better than that. As a kingdom it possessed many business opportunities for the enterprising entrepreneur to build a name for himself. Investing in shops and craftsmen so that their businesses could grow and commerce could increase ultimately benefited the kingdom in taxes.
Tzuriel lightly set down his glass.
"I believe that we can more than accommodate your desires, Mistress O'Connor. But we can do better. What we can do is sink a large investment into one or a few industries in your kingdom that you would like to see expanded. Having more to export besides surplus food will bring in more outside coin in the long run, but it will also increase your home market as well and people from surrounding towns and villages will come to purchase the products straight from the source. You're kingdoms economy will become richer as a result."
Ryado nodded in agreement and added his own input.
"I did notice the cove, my lady. Building a dock and a warf will be expensive, but ultimately opening trade from the sea will be sure to attract more customers for whatever your city has to offer, not to mention whatever the sea might offer to your own markets. You would be surprised how popular shell and rock trinkets are in the bigger cities amongst the middle nobility. Additionally if you want your home to become a trade hub for this part of Arethil I believe that you're in a prime central location to do so."

Tzuriel was getting fired up. This is what it meant to be a merchant.
"There's also the question of imports. Every city has something that they don't have access to and therefore need to have it brought in through trade. Many cities that build along the coast without any mountains nearby have a deficiency in Iron, for example. So they need Iron to be bought and transported from another village or kingdom, establishing beneficial relationships with those around you while you gain a necessity. The merchants in your own town can represent you in that regard as they build those trade agreements to bring in what your city lacks."

Tzuriel’s assurances were very, very nice to hear. There was no doubt that his climb to riches had ridden heavily upon his way with words, and of course his abilities to back them up.

She sipped at her drink as various portions were brought and removed, finding herself thoroughly engaged with these men. It was refreshing to speak with bright minds, and there was still the dark and curious enigma surrounding Tzuriel. It had a familiarity to it, but the man was certainly not a vampire. What could it be?

She considered the best avenues for their cooperation. Sea trade was something she definitely wanted to embrace. She enjoyed the sea but had never been permitted much time upon it. Perhaps she could enjoy its wilds vicariously. Boat travel also meant more people from different parts of the world. Like any good gourmet, Victoria enjoyed sampling different cultures.

She would need to be careful, of course. Expanding too quickly might lead to her secrets being revealed. She was sure the locals had their suspicions about her and her keep, but they kept it to themselves. So long as they were fed and warm Victoria doubted they would question who ruled them. That assurance started to wane as more and more external variables entered.

”A couple hundred years ago Greyrock was a grander place, but almost a century ago it fell upon hard times. I have managed to recover quite well, if I do say so, but we are still ultimately a farming community. What we do have in abundance is land. I should so like to see artisans and crafts return. If you are able to provide the infrastructure for their arrival, I am prepared to offer very generous land parcels to those who prove they can better our community.”

She nodded to Ryado, ”I believe at the very least a dock and wharf are needed. The sea is rich, and it has too long been just out of reach.”

Again to Tzuriel, ”You are very learned in your geography. You are correct, unfortunately we have little in the way of mines, although we do have a sizeable quarry that supplied the substance of this castle. They don’t call us Greyrock for nothing.” She smirked. Cold stone was not the most comfortable environment to grow up in, but it had a calmness to it that she enjoyed.

• Bless