Completed Blood & Lust

"By the gods..."
He rolled his eyes and looked at the ceiling of the carriage for a moment.
"Why do I love you?"
He looked at her again, he seemed to be getting a little frustrated with this line of questioning.
"Because I want to, because I choose to love you. That is my commitment, it's not as fickle or flighty as a feeling we call "love", which if mortals we're honest with themselves could be any number of things from lust to addiction to a flight of fancy based on preference."

He still held back from her, not touching her on his own even though he looked at her again.
"I love you because you are worthy of love, and you won't turn away my affection."

Eleena could tell that she was irritating Gideon. She reached out and intertwined her fingers with him.

"I am sorry, Gideon. No one..." she paused and let out a slow, sad sigh. "No one has ever loved me before..."

She felt silly. She felt like a teenager. She had no idea how love even worked or how it felt to feel loved.

Until now.

She felt a weird tingle at his words. A nice warm feeling that made her happy. Was that how it was supposed to feel?

Eleena could tell that she was irritating Gideon. She reached out and intertwined her fingers with him.

"I am sorry, Gideon. No one..." she paused and let out a slow, sad sigh. "No one has ever loved me before..."
He let her lock their fingers together, making no move to separate them.
"Nonsense. Your family loved you or you wouldn't have loved them enough to seek vengeance for them... Unless that is another excuse you tell yourself?"

She felt silly. She felt like a teenager. She had no idea how love even worked or how it felt to feel loved.

Until now.

She felt a weird tingle at his words. A nice warm feeling that made her happy. Was that how it was supposed to feel?
He shook his head.
"You feel cared for, you feel happy, you feel safe because I do things that express my love. Love is an action and choice, love is what I do for you of my own freewill regardless if I have feelings for you today and hate you tomorrow."

He finally moved, putting his fingers under her chin and gently lifting her head.
"An eternity is a long time Eleena. And emotions will pass. Unless love transcends our fickle feelings and the wearing away of time, it cannot be true."

Spoken as one that has loved many times over the centuries. Damn he was old...

"Nonsense. Your family loved you or you wouldn't have loved them enough to seek vengeance for them... Unless that is another excuse you tell yourself?"

Eleena gave him a look that said obviously their love is different. She did not say anything else though.

He shook his head.
"You feel cared for, you feel happy, you feel safe because I do things that express my love. Love is an action and choice, love is what I do for you of my own freewill regardless if I have feelings for you today and hate you tomorrow."

He finally moved, putting his fingers under her chin and gently lifting her head.
"An eternity is a long time Eleena. And emotions will pass. Unless love transcends our fickle feelings and the wearing away of time, it cannot be true."

"Stop reading my thoughts!" She said with a slight narrowing of her eyes. She was not really mad though. It was just weird and something she needed to get used to. He had been doing it all this time, she was sure, but he had not commented until now.

"Well...I like your love and I want to be with you as long as we are happy together," she leaned over and kissed him softly.

"I don't understand love but I am happy with you and I do not want to kill you or any other vampires..."

Eleena gave him a look that said obviously their love is different. She did not say anything else though.
"It's not so different. Your family doesn't have to like you or be happy with you to love you."
"Stop reading my thoughts!" She said with a slight narrowing of her eyes. She was not really mad though. It was just weird and something she needed to get used to. He had been doing it all this time, she was sure, but he had not commented until now.

"Well...I like your love and I want to be with you as long as we are happy together," she leaned over and kissed him softly.
He accepted the kiss, caressing her cheek and closing his eyes.
"I want to love you longer than that, I want to love you even when we're unhappy together."
"I don't understand love but I am happy with you and I do not want to kill you or any other vampires..."
His voice was a whisper.
"I'm happy to hear that..."
He continued to kiss her, chastely at first and simply enjoying the softness of her lips... But he slowly became more aggressive, kissing her more roughly as it drew on.

He only stopped to pull back and ask her a question.
"Do you forgive me for hiding your memories and manipulating you?"

"I want to love you longer than that, I want to love you even when we're unhappy together."

Tears leaked from her eyes at his words. That was quite possibly the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to her. He wanted to love her even when they were unhappy. She had never been in love and she had especially never been in love and unhappy.

She melted into his kisses. They were different than earlier even. They meant so much more now. There were no secrets between them now.

Well...none that she knew of. She push that thought to the back of her mind though.

"Do you forgive me for hiding your memories and manipulating you?"

Eleena put her hand on Gideon's cheek and nodded.

"Yes, of course I forgive you. You let me figure my shit out and I appreciate that more than you know," she leaned in and kissed him again.

"Gideon, I want to love you forever. I just don't know if I know how to love. There has been so much hatred and mistrust in my life..."

Tears leaked from her eyes at his words. That was quite possibly the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to her. He wanted to love her even when they were unhappy. She had never been in love and she had especially never been in love and unhappy.

She melted into his kisses. They were different than earlier even. They meant so much more now. There were no secrets between them now.

Well...none that she knew of. She push that thought to the back of her mind though.

Eleena put her hand on Gideon's cheek and nodded.

"Yes, of course I forgive you. You let me figure my shit out and I appreciate that more than you know," she leaned in and kissed him again.
Good... He relaxed a bit and let himself indulge in her affection, giving and receiving kisses.
"Gideon, I want to love you forever. I just don't know if I know how to love. There has been so much hatred and mistrust in my life..."
He stopped her lips in a kiss and put his arms around her waist.
He picked her up from the seat and moved her to sit beside him so he didn't have to lean across the carriage to reach her.

He spoke breathily between kisses.
"You'll... Figure it... Out..."
He then crushed their lips together and practically sucked on her lips and tongue to keep her from saying anything more.

He didn't move on her, but spending the rest of the ride making out had it's own appeal. Even as marked up as she already was with hickeys, he was willing to add a few more.

Eleena did not leave his arms or lap until the arrived back at the manor in which they occupied the basement. She had snuggled into him with her cheek on his shoulder and her lips buried against his throat.

"I have forgiven you, Gideon, but I hope you can forgive me," she paused. "I was so determined and headstrong in my pursuit of what I thought was right that I neglected to see that not all vampires are terrible. I blamed my parents death, of course, but then my sire...he was cruel. It just added to the thoughts and pushed me to continue my vendetta."

She kissed him softly on the neck before the continued.

"If I find the vampire that killed my parents...will you allow me to kill him...or at least try?"

Eleena did not leave his arms or lap until the arrived back at the manor in which they occupied the basement. She had snuggled into him with her cheek on his shoulder and her lips buried against his throat.
He carried her bridal style into the manor and into the basement, the sun was rising but the building cast a shadow allowing them to enter safely.
"I have forgiven you, Gideon, but I hope you can forgive me," she paused. "I was so determined and headstrong in my pursuit of what I thought was right that I neglected to see that not all vampires are terrible. I blamed my parents death, of course, but then my sire...he was cruel. It just added to the thoughts and pushed me to continue my vendetta."
He nodded, "Yes, I forgive you Eleena. And damn anyone who doesn't like it... Although it seems slightly ironic that you realize not all vampires are terrible, yet here you are with one of the terrible ones."
He chuckled as he entered their underground chamber, still carrying Eleena in his arms.
She kissed him softly on the neck before she continued.

"If I find the vampire that killed my parents...will you allow me to kill him...or at least try?"
"Of course."
A simple request, easily granted.

He carried her to the bedroom and laid her down on the bed. Her lips on his neck were very stimulating and driving him crazy!