Private Tales Blessings of Nature

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Hyacinth

Character Biography
Link
The quiet burble of a spring made it's music behind her as she tended to the flowers that thrived here in Spring. It wasn't her job per say, but everyday she made her way to every nook and cranny of the city, communing with all the flora that adorned their beautiful Court. Her face was common, and her routine was established. There were very few fae in Spring that did not know of her. The last stop on her agenda, the throne room of Nairth himself, though she always timed it until she knew he was away. She was not here to disturb, only to sing and commune.

This space was always her favorite, the rarest of seeds lived here. Their beauty was always unparalleled, and each time they bloomed it made her heart happy. Chocolate tresses were kissed by the breeze as she knelt to attend to a small group of unbudded flowers. Her skin was bare, preferring the freedom of it while she did her rituals, it made her feel closer to the blessings that nature had bestowed upon her.

She began to sing softly to the little buds, though the words would be undecipherable. She sang in the flower's own language, a language that did not exist beyond her and the flora. Each soft lilt and dip of her song, a bud opened, encourage by her voice. Each time, her eyes widened with joy, a smile wide upon her lips. When she had finished, there was still one bud that had yet to reveal its colors to her amid the rainbow of her brothers and sisters.

She leaned in, speaking softly in that same strange language, encouraging the little bud to open. It took a few minutes, but finally she relented, and her colors shone the most vibrant crimson Hyacinth had ever seen. She laughed softly, stroking the wide petals with a delicate feature. "There you are little one, free at last."

Tharu San'Seya

It was difficult to appreciate the beauty of the castle when his blood simmered with anger. Even as the birdsong and sunbeams did their utmost to embrace the young Duanann, to ease his troubled thoughts, the heat of his skin repelled such comforts. Thraru San'Seya took pride in his composure, something his father had so notoriously lacked at his age, so it was all the more frustrating that even he had reached his limit.

This beautiful court was in danger, from multiple threats. First there was the increasing odds of aggression from The Summer court, no doubt using Oberon's untimely demise as an excuse. For that, they'd employed the help of Autumn and the Vitae, two valuable allies who would allow them to stand a fighting chance should war erupt.

The second was a shadowy parasite of an unknown origin, a plague that infected and twisted innocent life into something ugly and violent. It was this mysterious foe that had slain Oberon, and ever since it had made multiple attempts on both he and his father's lives as well.

It was decided that his father, the King, would combat the parasite with Midir of Autumn's chosen representative, while Tharu handled preparations for the confrontation with the Summer. It was a task he gladly took, one he was honored to be trusted with. Already, he'd visited the Vitae lands and formulated a plan of defense with their forces, mapped out on parchment long enough to span his entire chamber.

Then that damned Sidhe helping his father had stormed in and ruined it. She thought herself so important, she'd used him in some wild hypothesis, and in the process had destroyed the only copy of his battle plan with the Vitae. It was all Tharu could do not to explode with wrath, to bottle his fury and leave Grovehaven.

That had been his intent, but...

As The Prince crossed one of the catwalks that arched over the Grand Hall, he caught sight of something that seemed a bit out of place... it was a woman, beautiful and completely bare of clothing, humming and singing along happily as she ascended the tall spiral staircase that led to his Father's chamber.

Her lack of modesty wasn't anything unusual for Spring, but that she was going up to his Father's room was. None were usually allowed to enter without being accompanied by The King himself, and Tharu knew for a fact that Nairth was on his way out of Grovehaven with Olyssa. Furrowing his brow, Tharu changed course and moved to intercept the strange girl.

By the time he reached The King's chambers, she was already inside. Slowly pushing the large stone doors open, The Prince poked his head in with a pensive look about his pale face.

"Miss? Are you... in need of help? We don't usually allow visitors in this part of the castle."

Hyacinth

Last edited:
Hyacinth could almost feel the atmosphere change, before he had even found her there. She had been throughout the castle many times, but she was careful not to distrub the occupants that resided in its brilliance. Her King was unlikely aware of her visits, and she certainly had thought she had continued to avoid disturbing the other royalty within the halls.

She looked up, a soft smile on her lips as Tharu San'Seya confronted her. He was kind about it, polite and well spoken. She had been on her knees talking yet another bud into blooming, and she rose before responding. Her voice was soft, her eyes looking down demurely.

"No, I am not in need of help." She laughed softly as she met the eyes of the son of Nairth, the one that brought Spring to its current glory. "I usually manage to slip in and out without bothering anyone, my apologies. I like to make rounds on the plants. Even though we are in the Spring Court, not all fae speak to the flora like I do. I try to keep them happy, it's the least I can do to contribute to my King, and my Prince I suppose."

Tharu San'Seya

Tharu listened to the words of the strange and admittedly captivating girl, his brow furrowing at the idea of a covert gardener that was so agile as to not be detected by him nor his father up until now. Still... The Prince supposed there wasn't any harm to her actions.

Looking back over his shoulder to see whether anybody was watching him, Tharu quickly slipped through the Chamber doors to join her. As he stepped gently across the stone floor, feet padding lightly against the smooth surface, he bore witness to the stranger whispering gently to a young bud. Slowly, it came alive under her tongue, blossoming under her guidance and blooming into a brilliant lavender.

"You have the gift..." Tharu smiled softly, his eyes trailing from the flower and up Hyacinth's body to meet her eyes, the fainted tinge of red on his cheeks as he realized how unsavory he must seem to look at her so. "It's no wonder the flora loves you. To speak with the voice of the earth itself, your soul must be as vibrant as you are."

She was right in that only a few could do what she did. It was said that you must have ancient blood in your veins to wield the voice of a Speaker.

"Ah! But--" Tharu shakes off his amazement and offers a quick bow of his head as he remembers his manners. Royalty or otherwise, it wouldn't do to be so brazen. "My politeness escapes me. I am Tharu San'Seya. It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss...?"

Hyacinth

He was furtive in his movements, and she watched him with bold eyes as he slipped fully into the room. No, she had made a concentrated effort to remain unseen so as not to disturb the Spring royalty. It was bound to happen eventually, though it was probably better that it had been Tharu to happen upon her. He was the softer of the two, though Nairth was not a harsh king.

At his mention of her gift, she smiled brightly. He knew what she was, and it was a source of pride to her. She touched the imprint of the hyacinth on her cheek softly, reverently. His eyes traveled her naked body, and she noticed the slight flush in his cheeks as his eyes met hers. It wasn't unusual for fae to bare their bodies, but admittedly many chose not to. It just felt as if it brought her closer to nature, to the earth.

"You give me such a wonderful compliment, but I have heard the things your father has done. What I do is practically trivial." She returned his bow of the head with her own reverence, for it was her place to honor him, not the other way around. "Hyacinth, just Hyacinth." The corners of her mouth lifted as she studied Tharu, she wondered if what they said about him was accurate, she in fact had never been close enough to see for herself. "The pleasure is all mine, it's not every day you get a private audience with the prince."

Tharu San'Seya

Tharu couldn't help but give a lighthearted laugh at her downplaying of her deeds. In a way, she sounded much like he had, before he'd allowed himself to stand outside the vast shadow cast by his Father. The lesson he'd learned to help him escape that cloud was one he would waste no time repeating, even to a relative stranger like Hyacinth.

"To belittle one's deeds is to insult all who ever did them, and those who never could." She thought her tending to the flowers was so paltry and trivial, but the truth was not so simple. "We are so used to our blooms flourishing, that we may neglect them out of complacency. That you have been so dutifully keeping them is a blessing, and one we knew not we ever had. Without that, they would wither and die, and our Grovehaven would be dimmer."

Tharu leaned forward with a smile, offering his hand to help her back to her feet from where she knelt. The momentary awkwardness had passed, once San'Seya had found common ground with her. Now she was as any other Fae of the Spring: His friend.

"Rise and take pride in your work, Hyacinth. You brighten us all with your effort."

Hyacinth

Tharu spoke a wisdom that resonated with her, and she took it in very carefully as he enveloped her in his kind words. He seemed warm and caring, genuinely invested in her as a person. She felt that if ever she needed, he could be a friend with a listening ear, not just to her, but to anyone that may need it. There was true leadership behind his words. Yes, he was a fine prince indeed. Perhaps he would eventually be an even better King.

She took his offered hand, her eyes meeting his at level. Hyacinth blinked slowly, and then gestured to the flora she had just tended to. "You give me a great honor Tharu San'Seya, and with your blessing I will continue my work to make Spring always thrive in the best way I know how." Realizing her hand was still clasped in his, she pulled it away gently, the moment lulling for a moment.

"You and the King are away often it seems, should we be worried?"

Tharu San'Seya