Open Chronicles Beasts are in town

A roleplay open for anyone to join

lionman

Walking into the human settlement felt odd to me. I hadnt entered a real town in quite some time
The humans call this place alliria

I call it snack box. Thats all these humans are snacks to be had. However thats not why me and my men are here.

I walk down the streets as people part the way they are no doubt scared of such large beasts.

We come to the set meeting spot. A small pub. 'Neutral' ground as they call it. Why the faction wanted to meet here i dont know.

The door to the pub creaks as we enter all eyes are on us.

"Maybe this isnt a good place to meet"
Leo my main royal guard wispers to me.

I give him a look of wavering agreement. So many humans made my skin crawl.

"We have to the faction leader wouldnt have it any other way. Lets just sit at the bar for now"

Leo and arron sit on either side of me normally there would be a third guard at my side but hes in training and i felt like he wasnt ready for such a long trip. The only reason we dont meet in the human capital is cause this faction is not in good relations with them and of course we wouldnt go to the elf capital cause elfs are food not friends.

The bar tender looks startled by us as does everyone else a few people have already left.

"Bar human get our king a mug of your best ale" arron says in a fake chipper tone.

The human shakedly places a mug in front of me. I grab his arm and pull him in close. He begins to wimper the way humans sometimes do.

"I could tear you limb from limb in a matter of secounds count your self lucky i dont"

I let the human go and he runs into a back room out of site. No doubt to change his clothes i could smell that he had soiled himself. Leo hops over the bar and pours him and arron a drink. He hops back into his seat takeing a sip and looking around. The place had become empty save for a few that seemed interested in us rather than scared.

I gulp down my ale and wait for the arrival of the other faction leader. It was tradition to meet in his camp since hes the one that wants something from me but i suppose he wants us no were near his camp. It dosnt get much further than this dump of a human settlement

Drinking was his favorite pastime, admittedly Gunnar had a problem, he often drank away his worried and misery. He desired nothing but the ability to forget certain events in his life, but no amount of alcohol would do that for him. He sat at a table in the back of one of the seedier but accessible taverns in Alliria. This tavern stood close to the West gate so it often got a lot of travelers and merchants who popped in for a drink.

What this day brought was a little different, something he could only describe as bipedal beasts walked in to the Tavern like they owned the place. It seemed like quite a few people were unsettled by these odd-looking new comers, Gunnar wasn’t one of them but then again, he was good just staying in his corner drinking his drink.

These beasts obviously acted like they looked, no respect or an ounce of consideration for the place they were in. Gunnar took the last swig from his mug and signaled to the rather frightened bartender for another drink.

“Barkeep, get me another mead will ya?” He shouted, figuring he would do the barkeep the favor by letting him get some distance between him and the animals that took over part of his establishment.

The large Nordenfiir shook his head as he recounted the words that the beast used. ‘Not even in the door for a minute and already threatening to tear someone apart.’ He gave a big sigh before the Bartender came over and delivered his drink with a nervous smile.

“Here you go Wolfsbane, on the house.” Obviously, the Barkeep wanted to keep him on his side in case these animals caused anything more than threats. Gunnar would keep his eyes on these creatures, at least for the moment, if he didn’t want to deal with it he could always walk out and notify the guards.

Valencia was rudely jostled awake from her nap by the people squeezing into her bench at her table. With a slight yawn, she slowly roused herself from her uncomfortable slumber, blinking away the bluriness of her eyes as she tried to take in the waking world.

What's going on...? she wondered, noticing the nervous people around her. She follows their gaze towards the three hulking beasts seated around a table. She tried to process what she was seeing. Were they ... were they men? They certainly looked like men. They were sitting like men, had the physique of men, yet they had the heads of -*she squints* - large ... cats?

"Excuse me," she asked, tapping the man lightly on the forearm before continuing quietly, "but who're they?"

"Don't know missy," came the hushed reply. "But they's be trouble, if yer ask me."

Trouble was the last thing she wanted. Reaching below the table for her walking stick, she made her way over to the bar and took a seat, propping her walking stick against the counter as she scanned the room for the barkeep. She found him at a corner serving a particularly tall tankard to a hulking mass of sinew and muscle. Patiently, she waited for him to return to his station, noting how shaken the man was. It wasn't easy running a tavern.

"I'll have a loaf of rye please," placing the money on the counter as she made her order. The barkeep muttered nervously in acknowledgement, obviously still keeping a nervous eye on the beastmen as he ducked away into the kitchen, reappearing moments later with her meal on a plate. Her normally scowling visage broke into a soft smile as she nodded in appreciation. She broke the pleasant-smelling loaf into two uneven halves, pocketing one in her dress for later. The diminutive woman got up, taking her walking stick in her free hand and moved towards the exit, intending to leave before there was trouble as she munched away on her meal.

Last edited:
The faction leader who we were to meet bumps into a human with a walking stick.

"Move feeble human"

The faction leader growled as he enterd with two high elfs an odd mix since elfs are food for lionmen.

Leo stands and growls.

"I hope you brought those elfs for us to dine on"

He hisses.

The faction leader puts his hands up in mocking surrender

"Hey you caught me. These are my guards. We find elfs more usful for magic guards rather than food"

He takes a seet across from us calling to bar keep who has some how found time to change clothes.

"Hey serve us empty cups ill pay full price of course but your piss water ale is not gonna cut it."

He waves to his guard who quickly produce two small bottles of blood wine from each of there satchels.

I eye the faction leader suspiciously. He most certainly is a young lion no older than 20. Hes cocky and to partner with elfs is a crime in and of its self. However he has a larger army than i and i wouldn't want to cause a fight.

I swipe one of the small bottles as i twist the cap the whiff of elf blood wine his my nostrils elf blood wine is made in a long processes and elf blood wine is rare because most lionmen don't have the will power to resist eating an elf .

I take a sip savoring the flavor. My eyes roll back and i let out a quiet purr.

He smiles and leans forward.

"My father had a deal with the elf's for a long time in return for not eating there towns folk he got acsess to all there magic folk. Now that the old mans dead and ive taken over the faction ive decided to let you join me. After all with a offer of as much elf blood wine you can drink who could say no?"

Aaron my secound guard who hasn't said a word stands and draws his dagger. He holds it to the faction leaders throat.

"Our king is the divine king to offer us to join you rather than surrender your army to him is an affront to the divine gods. I should have slit your throat when u entered not bowing before the divine lord is a sin"

I stand as well. There was no way i was going to be taken over with a bribe no matter how rare the wine.

"Don't make a mess here we will see them later and when we do we will kill him and his magic friends."

I hiss at them and start walking out. I push some humans out from my way as we exit. Leo and arron back out behind me growling at the elf's who had the own weapons in hand. The faction leader stand and yells out.

Maybe you will change you mind when my army flattens what's left of you pitiful kingdom"

He hisses at a few humans before helping himself to a drink from behind the bar

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: TTamark