Open Chronicles Beach Episode

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Lazule turned about, first his helm and then the rest of his armored body. The birdman had approached them. Unsurprising, that the birdman could not swim. Even if it was for a different reason, he was like Lazule: inadequately equipped for it.

Lazule stepped from the waist-high water back to the ankle-deep shallows.

"A swirligurgle," he said to Kikwi. "Is it dangerous?"

But Lazule's attention was near immediately diverted. A man--Steve--was being swarmed by undead beasts. Chickens. They appeared to be of that description. A poor choice of livestock, if the necromancer responsible had a wide array of choices at his disposal. Yet Steve seemed unconcerned. Just flopped as if struck dead into the water. Came back up. Not dead.

Lazule turned his helm to him. Said, "You are being pursued by the undead. Shall I slay them for you?"

Kikwi TTamark Vittorio Vespa

Aaaaahhhhh! The horse was talking haughty! It knew what was doing! Nooooo, it was going to win!

Rats! Emery didn't fall for her ploy! She didn't say it politely enough, that was the problem. Better luck next time! But he took time to throw Zier an ale. Yes-yes! Valuable time! If Rizzo came in second place behind the horse, that was okay! Silver was good, and it was made even better once she stole the gold! Right! Wait. How was she going to steal a metaphorical medal?

Nevermind! There was a race to win!

"Hey, you-you!" Rizzo called to Emery. "I think he wants another!"

And she grinned widely and kept on skipping over the rocks. Made it past them! Past the straight Pier and into the homestretch to the Swirly Pier! All she needed to do was not trip! Not trip! Not trip!

Emery Thatcher Former and the Foal Zier Xya Zythos

"Thank Y-" Zier being a dumbass was made clear several times before. This time, that dumbassery is demonstrated by him trying to catch the bottle of ale, fumbling around with it, then stepping on the jagged rocks. "FFFFF--"

That hurt, a lot. If that wasn't clear enough, he began cussing loudly in Elvish. We all know what became of the ale since he failed to grab it. He doesn't want another. FUCK THIS! He stepped away from the rocky area and back over to where he was before, leaning back and letting himself collapse onto the sand. I'll just lounge I gue- OWL. NO, CHILD. OWL CHILD.

Now that ale isn't distracting him, he can see all the faces of the beach. Although, one of them is... a suit of armor? casually walking about? Strange world. Then, a man floating in the water accompanied by Chickens? and why do I smell potatos... Mmm.. Chicken and potato soup..

“My name is Kikwi, what’s yours?” He answered to the polite long-haired man. His eyes widened as he watched the metal giant walk out of the water. Their voice was surprisingly gentle.

“Oh no, they’re harmless! He replaced the shell into the bucket and very slowly pulled out a square shell covered in stripes. He was gingerly lifting it with two claws, careful to keep any openings away from him.

“But this is a tiger-clam. And it’s deadly if it stings you! They make delicious soup, though.” His eager expression did not seem to fit with the dangerous creature he was holding.

He dropped the shell back into the bucket as an army of half-decomposed chickens entered the water with a very strange man. His beak was open, but he couldn’t think of any words to say.

Steve turned to the armoured individual with a look of concern,

"No, silly, they are my friends! And of course they are following me; who else brought floaties for them, slash would help them into them? I mea... *GLUB*"

Mid sentence a large wave hit Steve causing him to swallow a load of sea water. His chicken continued to kind of just float around held partially above water by their floaties.

Emery couldn't help but muster up a laugh when he saw Zier struggle for the bottle he'd thrown up. That did slow him a bit. Both Rizzo and the horse were ahead of him by a long shot. As he began to catch up to the cute dark elf again she tried to bait his attention with a notion that the elf behind him may want more alcohol.

Two reasons for folly in that.
One, Zier was clearly not paying attention to it anymore.
Two, Emery didn't care.

He was gonna beat her and get her to stay with him in the closest inn he could find nearby. Shit, he should probably propose that as a bet to begin with. He composed himself and caught up to her pace just before the race made its conclusion.

"Oi, pretty ass gal wit' a penchant for victory, how bout' if I beatcha' you do me a huge favor? And vice versa if ya beat me, whatcha think?"

Maeve Blackwood strolled lazily along the beach, her figure soon coming into view from the southeast. Her boots were clasped in the grip of one hand, and the woman seemed to be enjoying the warmth of the sand between her cold, dead toes. When she hit the silt, the greened flesh of her feet sunk deeper and the faintest traces of a smile teased the corner of her mouth. It was short-lived, quickly fading when the sound of others further up the beach met her ears.

"Tch." The undead Kivren's tongue clicked against the roof of her mouth as she observed them from what she deemed a safe distance. Her lips twisted into a cold, amused smirk.

The little equine gleefully skidded across the floor. Tap tap tap tap it's long legs dances and dances, kicking away socks and pebbles.
Yet with a woosh came the wave and oh no.
Wet feet.
Trot trot trot the equine stepped back and charged after Rizzo on the safe dryness of the pier.

Ash looks a bit sad and his ears twitch, "Do I need to bring in my dragon? Surely that will make them stop oppressing you and your people." He says calmly the laughs some, "Though I am sure that will not help at all." He pipes up as he joins Swallow on the pier and starts to walk down it some, turning to his friend as he did so.

"We both seem to have needed a vacation since my own keep was attacked." He jumps some as he walks backward chuckling some and enjoying the sea spray.

• Yay
Reactions: TTamark
Lazule looked from Steve to the chickens and back to Steve.

"I see."

A lie. One of necessity. He did not, in fact, understand anything about why the man would consider a swarm of undead chickens to be his friends.

The wave interrupted Steve and lapped at Lazule's waist, streams of water rolling off of the stone and metal of his armor. He turned to birdman Kikwi. Studied the creature--the tiger-clam--presented by him. Much like how he did not understand the matter of the undead chickens, he likewise could not fathom why anyone would risk eating a creature with such a deadly sting.

"Perhaps they should all be destroyed. For everyone's safety."

TTamark Kikwi

• Haha
Rizzo slid to a halt before the Swirly Pier.

Rats! The horse won. Made it to the Swirly Pier first! Oh! Hey! The horse came trotting back. Oh well, if she couldn't win then she could at least pet the horse that did.

Rizzo stretched her arm out straight and mechanically lowered her hand down to pat the horse on the neck. Once. Twice. Thrice. And she said, "Good job, horse! You won! Eventhoughthosehoovesarecheating. But you won! Yay!"

Emery showed up. He was carrying drinks. Rizzo should've brought drinks! And something to eat! Maybe somebody else did. And a little tap on the shoulder, hey what's that over there, grabby-fingers action could get her a snack. But enough of that, what's this?

Rizzo placed her hands on her hips and grinned and canted her head to the side, her hair swishing along with the motion. "Ooooooooh! A huge favor, huh? And I get one if I beat you? Hey, divvy, you're on! Where are we gonna race-race to, hm? From here to where? Quick! Pick! Time's wasting!"

Oh, and what if she unleashed--gasp!--her secret weapon! The horse! Befriend it and ride it and beat Emery and he wouldn't even know what happened!

Former and the Foal Emery Thatcher

• Haha
Almighty this girl was fast. As was the horse. He'd beaten animals in races before but he couldn't keep pace with either one of them for very long. It put a smile on his face. To actually earn his time with this woman rather than buy or beg for it while drunk. Huh.

"Absolutely. Uhhh why don't we just repeat this race but backwards?" He pointed to where her and the Foal had began. "As for your prize... whatcha thinkin' darlin?"

Steve coughed up the sea water he swallowed before launching into a monologue unfitting for simply swallowing sea water,

"No, no, the drink, the drink, - O my dear... heavily armored fellow,- The drink, the drink! I am poison’d. O, I am slain! If thou be merciful, Open the tomb, lay me with only the hottest of babes. Now my spirit is going; I can no more... *Bleh*"

With a dramatic flair Steve stuck his tongue out to the side, and threw his arm over his face. Steve's body floated atop the waves kept aloft by his massive floaties, and potatoes that for some reason were in his trunks.

Steve suddenly dropped the facade standing up again,

"You really have a thing for slaying don't you friend?"

Steve's attention quickly shot to the owl, or more specifically what he had had in his beak. As he stared the gears began a turning in his noggin, a smile slowly growing on his face.

Kikwi | Lazule

"I am Vittorio, my avian friend. What brings you to the beach this day? Are you here to admire nature as well?"

“It is very nice to meet you, Vittorio,” Kikwi said in his practiced manners. “Yes! It is splendid to watch the waves and look for creatures in the sand. I did not see the ocean at all as a child, so I have a lot of catching up to do.”

"Perhaps they should all be destroyed. For everyone's safety."

Kikwi’s face turned to horror at the thought. “Oh no! They really aren’t dangerous if you do not disturb them, and they are very important! Without tiger-clams there would be too many small fish, you see, and they would eat too much of the insects and seaweed.... it is all very connected. Isn’t it grand?” His shock had quickly melted as he fell into one of his lectures. Dangerous creatures just needed respect, for the most part.