Open Chronicles Athbhliain

A roleplay open for anyone to join
"A day is such scant time, especially when you spend its hours on what you crave." The King smiled. He was no novice in the world of decadence and bliss, but it was indeed a realm he did not allow himself to visit nearly so often, with the weight that now hung down his pearlescent-clad shoulders. That Maphesa lived in that alternate plane, that she reveled in it... Nairth found no shame in admitting that it made her alluring to him, that it drew him in like a moth to a burning flame. "But what is a celebration for if not indulgence?"

“What? Has it been so long you need a guide?”

A laugh found San'Seya's lips, the taunt both reality and fiction. Long as it had been, he knew how this game was played. The two of them had been playing it from the moment their eyes had locked, had they not? Her words held another meaning though, an unspoken invitation to press further. Certainly, one of his status should be able to sway her, no? It was a challenge, and though the Spring ruler had changed much over the years, he had always been nothing if not competitive.

"A guide, no. Partner is the word I would use. Skirting responsibility on one's own is certainly a freeing experience, but..." Nairth's voice lowered slightly, raising one of his slender hands and brushing some of the ebony strands that hung down her face. "There's so much more to enjoy in the company of another, wouldn't you say?" The King's expression changed, for only a moment as his eyes flittered over her once more. He did not drink in her body this time, instead yearning to seek what was within.

That fire within her, that had once burned so brightly in his own veins. One that still crackled with life deep within him.

"Live with me today, Maphesa. I crave your freedom."

Maphesa

“Fun makes it all but a fleeting moment.” She replied, wearing a continued smile at his words.

Indulgence was a matter Maphesa knew all too well, it was what she lived for. Mortals might justify their pursuit of it by the limited time they had on Arethil, but she had no such shortage of it. Impulse alone was motivation enough to spur it's pursuit.

"A guide, no. Partner is the word I would use. Skirting responsibility on one's own is certainly a freeing experience, but..." He said, widening the smile she wore. It was something Maphesa knew all too well, and the confines of the Summer Court felt like shackles she was glad she'd long left behind. Now, she had freedom for frolic and fun, and her invitation to join had been far from unnoticed.

"There's so much more to enjoy in the company of another, wouldn't you say?"
He added. His touch to strands of her hanging hair told her much, and his look at her spoke more so than that.

“Why I would. So much so, that the words could well be my own.” Maphesa gave her response with a grin, one that was subdued but implicating her intent. IA thrill that she'd spurred someone to join her, and the king of the Spring Court no less. To tempt one so normally confined by regency was a delight. Even aside from that though, Maphesa had found a fine partner for fun.

She paused with a silent smile as she shared a look with Nairth. “Freedom is a fine gift I'd be delighted to share.” She replied, her smile widening with further implication.

Nairth San'Seya

Last edited: