A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Silas felt a purr rumble up from his chest and he couldn't do a damned thing to stop it. Maybe he had been feeling a little impatient for a little more time alone with Livia, but with a promise like that, he'd wat however long he needed to.

Who would have thought Quinnick, of all the people out there, would be the one to finally hammer some patience into his thick skull?

"Mmm, that's alright though." He looked down at her with an impish grin, but he was unable to let his eyes linger on the beautiful woman he cradled in his arms for too long, lest he get too distracted and trip up. There had already been a few incidents in which he'd found himself thinking about her while on the move and nearly ended up running headfirst into a tree. "I think I'll like it better knowing you're wearing it just for me."

His feelings for Livia had been strong that night, but they were at a completely different level now. He saw her as more than that pretty girl who couldn't decide what she wanted them to be. She was his ride or die now, the one that, despite all his conflicting feelings with Houri, Zin, and Vic, he felt as though he was probably always going to end up with from the beginning.

She was the first person he remembered ever telling him that she loved him.

"It's settled then. I'll behave until you say so, no more impromptu makeout sessions." He conceded with a sage nod, carrying her through the gates of the Academy as the pace of his legs began to slow. "But we better hurry up and get ready, because even with my speed we're running behind schedule."

Livia Quinnick

• Ctuhlu senpai
Reactions: Livia Quinnick
Livia giggled, unable to hide the grin on her face.

"Yes, we ought to not waste time. Perhaps... I should get dressed without your distraction present." She teased, snorting just shy of his ear and a peal of laughter left her lips.

Silas was to her, persistent rays of sunshine that provided warmth on the coldest day. He had brought her out of her solitude, made her realise her truths, and now? She was just happy to have moments with him that brought her to smile. Liv did not care that they were nearing the girl dormitories, that other's may glimpse the two together.

Sure, she heard that Silas was popular with the girls, but Livia too was not shy to see other boys. They were both happy, were they not?

As they reached her door, Livia set her feet down and looked up at Silas.
"We have... two hours until we would be expected in the parlour before dinner. I can be ready in half an hour if you behave yourself." Liv quirked her brow at him. She needed less the night of the dance, but this was a dinner to impress her mother. To prove to her that she had grown stronger and wiser, that she was in control.

That she was not a disappointment for Idella Quinnick to sneer at.

Silas Artesto

Silas gave a playful scoff, rolling his eyes quite dramatically as he gently placed Livia back on her feet in front of her door. "I suppose I can bear to restrain myself for a little while, if you absolutely insist." He drew out the words theatrically, leaning against her doorframe with an ear-to-ear grin that betrayed his apparent dilemma.

He was somewhat surprised that Quill had allowed him to carry her into the dormitory, as she usually asked him to let her go outside. That certainly wasn't a complaint, though; Silas would never deny that the idea of parading around that Quinnick belonged to him made him feel like the King of the whole god-damned Republic.

"Get your gorgeous ass in there and get ready before I change my mind, won't ya?"

Silas hung around her door until it clicked shut behind her, and he felt the vibrations of her footsteps as she walked inside. All at once, he released the breath he'd been holding, and let the nervousness he'd been trying to hide away from her come crashing down around him. Fuck, this was going to be terrifying. Okko seemed like a good dude, but Livia always made her mom sound like a major hardass. The idea of fucking up and losing Idella's stamp of approval was... well, it was out of the question.

Half an hour... he had work to do too.

Quickly Silas rushed out of the girls' dorms and over to his own room. First, he quickly washed himself in the bath, paying special attention to the unruly mess of a hairdo on his head. With enough work, he could usually get it to behave for one night. Then came actually trying on the outfit that Borros had put together for him, and sure enough it looked damned good, even better when he was able to wrangle that blonde mop behind his head.

On his way back outside, he was sure to grab the small gift he'd prepared for later in the night and tuck it away in one of his pockets. A minute later he stood outside the ladies' dormitory again, dressed up with only one place to go, as soon as the lady of the evening arrived.

Livia Quinnick

• Ctuhlu senpai
She had only a minute to spare by the time she left her room, making her way out from the dormitories. Liv was glad not to bump into anyone she knew, but she gathered many stares as her hair was smoothed down her back, pins keeping her hair at the side from falling into her face. It had been a time since she wore something in the Quinnick colours, but was glad for an occasion that called for a full set of pearls to drape across her collarbone, to fall from her ears, and bound both wrists.

Livia smiled seeing Artesto waiting for her, and she could not help but think this was what she should have done that night of the dance. She could have paid attention to Silas, demanded to dance with him instead of Rowley....

"Well?" She asked, stepping out a foot to spin before continuing to walk towards him. They certainly made quite the pair.

Her dress started in pearlescent hues before deepening into the blue synonymous with her House. What did not match her elegant attire was the large pack she slung over her shoulder, something comfortable to change into once dinner was over, and a pair of perfectly worn in ballet block shoes. Dancing at the Academy was not quite the same as the studio room her father had put in for her, and she knew her mother would insist on watching Livia's form after all these years away from home.

"Goodness, Silas... you look like you truly belong to the Quinnick name..." He looked good in blue.

Silas Artesto

Quill was definitely cutting it close on the time limit she'd given herself, and Silas was tapping his foot by the time he caught any glimpse of her emerging from the dorm. When he did finally see her though, he no longer felt any jealousy towards those who had gotten to dance with her at the party. This ensemble blew that one out of the water, and as Livia briskly made her way over to him, he nearly had to use his hand to close his own mouth.

"You're..." Silas muttered, tilting his head to get a better look at her outfit, his eyes running from her feet up to the shimmering pearls that adorned her neck, ears, and wrists, making her that much more eye-catching, if that were possible. "Absolutely stunning, Quill. Really." He finished, stepping forward to take her by the hips and pull her into a hug, placing a comparatively chaste kiss to her lips, as he flashed that award-winning grin that seemed to always get him in trouble.

"We're in luck, then." He replied cooly to her compliment. "I do belong to a Quinnick, but only one of them."

Once again, Silas scooped Livia up into his arms with his hand supporting her behind the knee and his other at her back. She was a bit heavier with the outfit on, given all of the extra material, but it wasn't enough to cause a problem. Silas' new clothes, however, weren't exactly made with high-speed running in mind. He'd need to be careful, lest he rip it before anybody got to take a look at it.

"Alright, let's save the flirting for the afterparty, yeah? Where am I headed? Give me some directions."

Livia Quinnick

Livia blushed, trying to fend off his gushing and compliments, but the kiss silenced all protests. She was in his arms once more, attracting plenty of looks, but Livia did not seem to care at all what they thought, to see her smiling happily and in the presence of Silas Artesto. Let them talk, she thought.

"The town of Ariston." Livia trailed a finger down form his jaw to neck, magic flaring a moment as she tested a spell that would allow Silas to follow the pull of her magic. "You will know where to go." She smiled.

proxy.php
And the journey would only make them late for drinks in the parlour room, but Livia never truly participated growing up, only present to perform pretty ballet positions to make her parents proud.

The Quinnick Estate was not hard to miss, the town preceding it looking every bit of a provincial town, and Livia's home was the crowning glory of the small town. With sprawling gardens of lush greens and every soft colour of petal found, it was a home built from love. At the doors, Livia stepped down from Silas's arms and promptly ran her fingers through his hair.

"There... all better.. and you look very good, Artesto." She smiled, stepping back to truly admire him.

"How do I look?" She asked, doing a twirl that fanned her skirts out.

Silas Artesto

"You look like a gal I wanna wine and dine, even if it has to be in front of her folks."

Ariston. He'd only been there once, and Silas was worried for a second that maybe he'd get turned around somewhere and end up in the middle of nowhere; it could be tricky to keep track of yourself when you moved as fast as he did, and he still messed up runs to the City sometimes.

"Ariston... Okay, I can try but--" She interrupted his worrying with the gentle caress of her fingertip across his jaw, and the air in front of him seemed to ripple like water. Seemingly from nowhere, a thin blue glowing trail floated out from the woman in his arms, leading him like a compass to their destination. "Ah..." Silas grinned, shaking his head. "I dunno why it didn't occur to me that you'd be able to do that."

Anybody who looked down on Quill's magic hadn't been stranded in Orc country without a map. If he could, he'd carry her around with him all the time.

With Liv's help, the trip went smoothly. Not to imply that Silas was the complete and total gentleman he'd purported himself to be the whole way through; halfway to Ariston the hand tucked into the crook of her nkee had slid up to hold her by her backside, obviously trying to get a rise out of her. A bad idea considering their speed? Yes. But it being a bad idea had never stopped him from hitting on Quill before.

"I'm guessing that's it up ahead?" Silas nodded to a gorgeous estate, pristine gardens surrounding pearlescent white walls, glowing even in the waning daylight around them. It was the kind of building that demanded attention from anybody that passed it. "If I were rich as hell, I wouldn't look past it."

Livia Quinnick

• Bless
Livia was fixing Silas' hair one last time before her magic made her turn towards the door as it opened, revealing Okko with a large grin.

"Fuck." He exclaimed, olive eyes falling on Silas and seeing his new piece of worn finery. "Looking good. I think it may impress Mother." He grinned, turning his eye now onto his sister. "Why is your hair all like that?"

"Silas... has a unique bit of magic..." She started.

"Livs, I do not want to know his bedroom prowess."

Livia went to punch him, like old times, but ended up actually catching his arm and landing a good blow. Okko yelped and went to rub it, giving his sister a surprised and wary look.

"Alright, seems the Academy did teach you something."

He stood aside to let them in, and a smug smile on Livia's lips turned to Silas and reached for his hand. She lead him into the entry hall, where many balls were held in her childhood, but Okko had not been feeling festive as of late to hold another. With walls of silver toned white, and marble columns placed in symmetry, a grand chandelier could be seen glittering even when unlit. Pearls fell in cascades from it, and Livia nodded her head towards it.

"Built by my grandfather before he passed. He collected many pearls in his life, and these are the first pearls he acquired as a boy. They are worth as much as anything common, and so he decided to drape the old and boring chandelier with the pride and joy of House Quinnick." She explained.

"Livs and Grandfather used to look through his entire collection when she was a little girl. Took a shining to her, he did, but thank all the gods for that. Ban and I have no clue or interest in the business... and we hope that our dear sister will take it off our hands upon her graduation."

Silas Artesto

As the pair of them passed Okko to enter the estate, Silas flashed Livia's brother a somewhat apologetic grin as he rubbed at his freshly-slugged arm. 'She's just shy' He mouthed to him jokingly, having noted that Okko at the very least seemed to be capable of taking a joke. Artesto would be careful not to attempt such a thing with her mother, of course.

The entry hall looked like less of a hall and more of a stately ballroom. It was the first interior room he'd seen and already it nearly put the Hall of the Academy to shame in its size. In its design, it far surpassed that antiquated building. That this was considered an entryway made him curious as to the true scale of the Quinnick home, and he found himself squinting as the shining pearls suspended from the ceiling glimmered off of the bright walls.

"It's so bright..." Silas muttered, squeezing Quill's hand as he looked to the pearls she herself had worn tonight. "Those pearls you're wearing then. Are they from your Grandfather?" He hadn't stopped to wonder about Livia's choice of jewelry at the time, but it appeared the pearls were more significant to her than he'd realized. That she'd donned them for him caused a smile to cross his lips. "I think I prefer them on you over the chandelier, but I'm biased."

Okko offhandedly mentioned that they were perhaps banking on Livia inheriting the pearls for herself. That was all well and good, but from the way he spoke of the collection...

"How many pearls are we talking about here?"

Livia Quinnick

• Bless
"Only if I do go into the reserves, Ko..." Livia turned to look to Silas, a small smile on her face. "Grandfather collected over three hundred pearls. The market is ever growing, and we have hands in the pearl harvesting farms all over Arethil. Father liked traveling to each one, but... I supposed I will not have that sort of time either way..."

"You can hire someone, Livs."

"I know." Livia scrunched her face, following after her brother as she strode on past them.

"Behold, Silas, the family picture." Okko held his hands up as he framed the large portrait, stepping aside for them to see. Livia kept her face pleasant, but did not offer a word to Silas or her brother.

The large portrait was a few years old, four months before the accident. Okko looked almost unchanged save for his hair growing a little, another young male that must be Bannon Quinnick, and seated on the floor, playing with a kitten and a ribbon, was Livia. Thirteen, on the cusp of her fourteenth birthday. Their parents stood at the rear, gazing at each other with a smile that showed a faux love. It was not a love match, nor did Idella or Caelum fall in love. It was simply the painter's touch, but was hung up in the entry hall nonetheless.

"Once Livs has graduated, I wanted to commission another portrait, just myself and my siblings." Okko smiled, turing to wink at the couple. "Reckon you can make Silas a brother-in-law by then, hey Livi?"

"I have to get him to survive dinner first. Besides, are we not late for drinks? Will mother slight me for being late?"

"Oh, no, she's still on her way home."

Livia frowned.
"Excuse me?"

Okko looked at her weirdly, "She is on her way in from town. She does not know you are here, neither does Bannon."

Livia's hand tightened around Silas', a smile plastered to her face.
"Well, is that not excellent news." Yet her tone suggested anything but.

Silas Artesto

Artesto was less worried about surviving dinner as he was surviving the whiplash that came with Quill not at all dismissing the idea of marrying him when Okko brought it up. They'd only been together for a few months, but she didn't seem even slightly put off by the question, not even a blush came to her cheeks.

And before he'd had any time to process that nugget of information...

"She is on her way in from town. She does not know you are here, neither does Bannon."

It was here Silas found the first clue that perhaps Livia's hesitation around Okko earlier in the day hadn't been completely unfounded. They'd both assumed he'd actually cleared this dinner with Livia's mother beforehand, but now it looked as though it had actually been more of a spur-of-the-moment thing, one he'd neglected to ask anybody about before doing it.

Silas couldn't say much. It sounded like something he'd probably pull himself. Why go through the hassle of deferring to people when you could skip that step and pass it off as a surprise? "There's still time..." He peered over at his girlfriend with a smirk, returning the tight squeeze of her hand in his own. "You could find somewhere to stash me away, she'd never know I was here." He was joking, but he would have been willing to call this off if Livia deemed it the right choice. If anything, Okko had given her an excuse to do just that. "I'd smuggle myself out with the mail cart in the morning, make it back to the Academy in a day."

His eyes flick over to Okko.

"Failing that, I guess we should count our blessings and prepare. Anything Liv might not have briefed me on that I should keep in mind tonight? Is Bannon around? I could get that introduction out of the way too."

Livia Quinnick

• Stressed
"Don't be ridiculous."
"Don't be ridiculous."

The two siblings spoke at the same time, except Livia had rolled her eyes with a sigh, and Okko grinned and winked at Silas.

"But Bannon is not a bad idea... except, I did want to see his face when you pop in next to Livi here. Unless you have a bevy of suitors we can surprise our dearest brother with?"

Livia snorted, but did not answer her brother either.
"Well, if we are to wait for them, should we not have a drink in the parlour?" She suggested, pulling Silas along with her as Okko followed at the rear.

"What is your poison, Master Artesto?" Okko asked on his way to the drinks station, pouring himself a whiskey.

Silas Artesto

Dipping into the drinks before they'd even had dinner seemed as though it might be a bit out of order to Silas. After all, it wouldn't very well make a good impression on the Quinnick Matriarch if she arrived home not only to find her daughter had brought her boyfriend home without a proper invitation, but that said boyfriend was already drunk off of her stores.

Still, maybe these wealthy types had a different way of doing things. Quill had suggested it, and Okko didn't seem to balk at the idea, so Silas merely shrugged and walked alongside her as she tugged him through to the parlour.

"Me? I guess I've always been partial to wine, but that's all I've really tried, too." It wasn't as though the Academy handed out alcohol, and the Guardhouse where he'd grown up had always had a little wine provided by the Republic for their service. He'd simply snuck that now and then, when he was learning his limits. "Surprise me, Okko. Let me try whatever your favorite is, eh?"

Silas offered a grin, doing his best to endear himself to Quill's brothers. Okko didn't seem like he'd be a hard sell, but he'd never met Bannon, and didn't know at all what to expect.

"What about you, Quill?" Silas squeezed the woman beside him, snickering. "What's your pick?" Leaning in, he pressed a quick, yet lingering kiss behind her ear, muttering in a low whisper.

"Don't drink so much you can't give me that dance you promised me. I won't wait another night."

Livia Quinnick

• Ctuhlu senpai
Livia cut Silas a look, glad that Okko was too busy filling glasses. Her eyes fluttered at the nearness of his whisper, and suddenly she wished the night was over to show Silas the home he grew up in. She did her best to think of a coupled dance, not the dancing she was trained and taught to do in these halls, the strict composure that made her feet bleed at the end of the hour. Silas did not want that from her, he wanted a dance she never gave him.

"Livs always liked the honeyed mead. Only this time, you get an actual glass, not stealing sips from Bannon's glass." The Lord of the House handed them each their drinks. "Whisky, a really nice beautiful texture. You seem to the be kind that enjoys something good." Okko winked, and Livia narrowed her eyes at him.

"If Mother heard you speak like that---"

"Well, she is not present, yet. Bannon and I will be on our best behaviour, do not fret, Livi." And Okko reached to pinch her cheek.

A door at the opposite end of the parlour room opened.

"Here you go, brother."

Bannon's green eyes fell onto the waiting glass his brother offered, his feet moving to take him forward before his eyes settled on a young blond boy, dressed in the House colours. He made a face of questioning, tilting his head before his gaze shifted to the right.

And fell upon what could only be his dearest sister.

Honeyed mead forgotten, he strode past and enveloped his sister tightly. Her pressed his face into her hair, inhaling. She was real. Healthy. The scent of rain no longer clinging to her like it did that night, before he bade her goodbye. Livia was grown, stronger and a little taller. He could not help but laugh before holding her at arm's length.

"Fuck. We should have kept you here. Could have married you off to a Great House with the Quinnick genes that---"

His smile faltered. "Who is he?" Suddenly remembering there had been another new face present.

Silas Artesto

The little reactions he was able to draw from Livia were the only anchor he had in this place, the only familiarity he could cling to in an environment where he was vastly out of his element. Maybe Okko wasn't exactly what he'd call prim and proper, but he did have that air of refinement that came from growing up wealthy. Livia had it too, but to a lesser extent.

Meanwhile, Silas had grown up in a barracks, and then the Academy. He'd been surrounded by roughnecks and soldiers his entire life, completely isolated from this kind of thing. Hell, he had to pretend he'd had whiskey before, nodding along to Okko's rather suggestive comment with a chuckle "I'd be lying if I said my taste has steered me wrong lately." He almost felt sorry for poor Quill; Silas teasing her was one thing, but double-teaming with Okko? Barely a sentence passed that didn't bring a flush to her cheeks.

"He's right, Quill." Silas peered over at Livia as he sipped from the glass, shivering a bit at the warm feeling that washed over his tongue and throat as he swallowed. It was spicy, but not bitter. Certainly a hell of a lot better than what he had been able to swipe in town. As the heat settled into his gut, he closed his eyes and leaned against his love with a sigh. Not realizing another man had now entered the room "Might as well let me get it out of my system, right? Don't want me hailing my 'enjoyment' in front of your mother, do we?"

Silas felt himself pushed away as somebody wrapped his arms around Livia, and Silas slid aside and watched the exchange rather awkwardly. This was... Bannon, he assumed?

He was so happy to see Liv that it took him a moment to realize Artesto had been sitting right beside her. Silas gave a somewhat meek grin, raising a hand to wave at yet another strange rich man he'd no feel for whatsoever. What fun this was becoming!

"Silas Artesto. I'm, ah... dating Liv."

Livia Quinnick Bannon Quinnick

"Courting." She corrected, smiling at her other brother. Bannon was closest with their mother, and took after her in many ways, but the siblings all held a certain respect for each other.

"A term mother would prefer to hear." Okko grinned, glancing at Silas and lifting a brow, almost the same way Livia would do so. "Who knows, Ban, this may very well be our future brother-in-law."

Livia stepped forward to punch her brother again, but pulled back after a thought. It was best not to bruise them up.
"Honestly, it is much too early to having such a conversation of the future. I know you both to be insufferable, but please. One thing to endure it from mother, but you both?"

Okko scoffed. "This is me accepting of your choice! No matter if he becomes a Quinnick or you take his--- DO NOT PUNCH ME AGAIN!"

Bannon was quick to hold his sister back after her face was painted with annoyance.

"Alright! I thought you wanted to be civil, Livi?" He chuckled, trying to keep his own surprise in check as Livia was no longer the smaller and weaker of the siblings. Bannon was really holding her back. "Come on then, go walk it off, show your suitor some more of the house and leave Okko and I to talk." He had meaning to come here searching for his brother before being pleasantly surprised by the return of his sister.

"I assume you saw the chandelier in the entrance hall, Silas. Perhaps Livia might show you the secondary love of the Quinnicks, the pearl collection."

Livia glared at Bannon, but it did not last long, to his relief. "We will be in father's study then."

Bannon shared a look with Okko, not moving to correct their Initiate sister that it was now Ko's study, as he had become the newest Lord Quinnick.

Silas Artesto

Maybe it was the whiskey that Okko had given him rushing to his head a lot faster than he'd expected, but Silas was beginning to feel more than a little overwhelmed by the banter between the three siblings. Oh, he was good at endearing himself to people, and he'd never had an issue in fitting in with a crowd, but this was a bit different. These three knew each other better than he could ever know any of them. They were siblings. Hell, Bannon barely spoke an entire sentence to him before shooing him away.

So when Livia grabbed his hand and pulled him off to continue the grand tour of her childhood home, Artesto couldn't claim to be disappointed. If anything, putting a door between them and her brothers let him breathe out the air he'd been holding in his chest.

"Is it always like that with you three?" He asked, still clutching the glass of whiskey in his hand, raising it up for a quick swig. Before, he'd been reluctant, but now he was convinced he'd need it. "I dunno if I've ever felt so out of place before. Not that I mind your brothers, it's just..." Silas raises his shoulders in a shrug "Different worlds, you know?

Still, Artesto wore a smile on his face. This might have been uncomfortable, but he was enjoying himself well enough, so long as she was here. There was something empowering, about not being concealed, not having her pretend they weren't together.

He only hoped her Mother was so enthusiastic.

"So, pearl collection." He recalled what had been said last. "Sensing a theme with this trip. Hopefully your mother doesn't start clutching them when she sees me walking around in here..."

Livia Quinnick

• Frog Cute
"I guess," Livia shrugged, moving to slip her arm through his and slowly lead him down the hall. "I... never really had to think about it... but we are close. Okko is a little over a decade older than I, and Bannon is turning twenty a month after my birthday, but we have always gotten along, even when our father favoured me over his heirs." She was only glad Okko wanted her too to experience the freedoms himself and Bannon were awarded growing up. He had told her so in a letter not long after she settled into the Academy, encouraging her to experience her new venture in life. It wass a future up to her to forge, and it had led her to Silas.

At the end of the hall, they turned the corner and came to face the double doors of the study. Lifting her free hand, she flicked her wrist, the magic coming to her naturally. She tried not to make her stiffening noticeable when realising that same magic she used, the last time it was wielded here on these grounds was to kill her father.

"I like pearls. They suit me better than anything." A fact herself and her mother could agree upon. "When a Quinnick turns eighteen, we get to pick a pearl from grandfather's collection, and it will be the pearl adorning the engagement ring for their marriage." Pink lightly bloomed across her cheeks, turning to look up at Silas. "Of course, the whole collection was left to me."

Stepping through the doors, they were met with a desk before the grand windows, the last light filtering through. Okko must have been in here, or at least a member of staff had readied it for the darkening hours for the sconces were lit and gave the two the ability to see the cases and glass cabinets featuring pearls sitting in cushioned and silken seats. Livia's grandfather's handwriting detailed where the pearl originated from, how long it took to form, and their price of purchase, dated.

"This collection here are from Amol-Kalit and Cortos. They specialise in pink and white pearls, but my favourites..." Livia wandered from Silas, crossing to a small case against the wall. "Golden pearls. From an island found in the Gulf of Liad. That is near the Steppes." Livia did not tell Silas, but the pearl at the top, a nice yellow colouring with the golden most sheen of the case, was in fact her favourite pick for when she turns eighteen. It was embarassing to even discuss it with him, when their feelings were known but the vulnerability still made Livia feel as if she needed to tread carefully.

If she could stick to her instincts, then she would know for full surety that Silas was always going to be the one for her. Even her compass kept track of him, her True North.

"Sometimes," Silas admitted, "I wonder what it would have been like to have siblings. The guards I grew up with were kind of like siblings, but they were all so much older than me. We didn't have any common interests." Artesto was, and would always be grateful for the Guard sheltering him, preventing him from being consigned to the streets of the city. That being said, it had been a rather lonely period of his life, until he'd been accepted into the Academy.

Perhaps if they'd still been in the company of her brothers, Silas would have taken the time to gawk and marvel at the next grandiose hall that she led him down, but truthfully it was all so spectacular that he almost had to shut it out to focus on what was important. That being the young woman on his arm, her heart beating softly against his bicep.

"Marraige has come up a lot already... and we haven't even eaten yet." Silas observed softly, watching Livia as she used a flicker of magic to open the double doors into the study. It wasn't like her usual magic, this was different-- something he hadn't seen her use before. "It feels a bit soon, but..." Silas moved his other hand to brush some of her hair from her face. "I'm open to talking about it. I've a feeling your mother isn't going to give me a choice on that matter tonight."

Honestly, Silas hadn't realized that she was that serious about him. There had been rumors that she'd been seen looking quite cozy around other men now and then, and he carried a similar reputation. Their relationship had been rather fluid until very recently, after all... If Quill asked him for more, asked him to take this to another level... Artesto was all but certain he'd accept in the blink of an eye.

The study itself was impressive, steeped in eminence and nearly imposing in how large it was. You didn't need to know anything about this place to know that whoever used this room was a person of grand importance. When Silas had been told of the pearl 'collection', he'd envisioned piles of the glimmering round stones piled atop one another haphazardly in barrels. On the contrary, each one was within a glass case, perched carefully on a cushion to prevent any damage.

This pearl business was much more serious than he'd initially taken it.

"They're stunning... all of them." Artesto muttered. It wasn't the pearls that took his breath away though, rather the glimmer in Livia's eyes when she looked up at the golden ones, the way her face lit up brighter than any pearl could match. "Thank you, for showing me. I can see they mean a lot to you, Quill..."

Livia Quinnick

Last edited:
"They do." She smiled.

Livia looked to him, turning a little sheepish.
"Marriage talk will come up, but that will only be because of my age. Mother would want me to already be meeting prospects, but I am an Initiate." A hindrance in Idella Quinnick's eyes, no doubt. "You do not need to feel pressured into any of it... I mean, it is a bit soon? A bit... presumptuous."

She still felt as if this could be ruined between them, the more she opened up to him, the more it would hurt her. Livia was standing in the very home where her father doted on her, lifted her up, only to betray her love and trust by using her in his ploy for more power. She had not asked for the corruption, the ability to test the strengths of the most powerful of magic being used.

It was not as if she thought Silas had a bone in him to truly devastate her, but this love he brought out from her, had asked her to say out loud and admit it... that, that alone had Livia terrified of ruining this happiness she had gotten to experience in the past couple of months.

"If we are talking about it..." Something weighed in her stomach, causing Livia slight pain at the anticipation she was feeling. "Well, then.. I think it is fair to say that I have not been entirely true to you." She grimaced, sheepish and she now started to float to other display cases and looked passed the glass to see the other pearls of the collection. "I had a moment where I was spiraling after taking a life, but you know, Dreadlords would not think twice. I felt so guilty... so... monstrous, I could have costed the whole mission."

In a smaller voice, as if to reason, but Livia's face looked guilty. "You know full well I like a bit of distraction when emotions are too much to process." She did that their first time sleeping with each other, and did so again after the dance and discovering a dead body.

Silas Artesto

Presumptuous.

The use of the word puzzled him a little. Was it presumptuous of him to think it was quick to be discussing marriage? Honestly, Silas wasn't sure. How long had they been a couple, really? They'd been sleeping together for a while, but initially, it had been purely physical. Even after emotions had entered into it, they hadn't considered themselves a couple until recently. Was there some guideline for this? Some standard?

If there was, she'd be more likely to know it than him.

"The only thing that matters to me is what you want." He decided. If that meant tying the knot? He couldn't say he'd turn the idea down outright. It was a frightening idea but... There wasn't a lot he wouldn't do for Quill at this point. "Once the culture shock wears off, I feel like I might be a bit more open to different avenues. That make sense enough?" This was all so foreign to him now, but there would come a time when it wasn't. Artesto wasn't sure if he looked forward to it or feared it.

There was something else in the air too, a stifling tension that Liv had been carrying ever since they'd met up for the night. It hadn't been so suffocating that he'd felt the need to pry it from her so far, but now it seemed she couldn't bear it any longer.
I have not been entirely true to you.

Almost as soon as the words left her mouth, she drifted away from him, roaming the collection to distract herself from the topic. Of course, the confession stung. Even if she hadn't technically done anything wrong, the idea of Quill being with another guy felt like a swift punch to the stomach. Silas' lips curled into a frown as his gaze slid to the floor.

Who?

Some part of him wanted to ask the question, but another dreaded the answer he'd get. There were plenty of Initiates in their class he was fond of. Knowing they'd laid hands on Livia the way he liked to claim exclusivity to would only damage such relationships. Conversely, he could also think of a few he'd have no qualms throttling over it.

"I won't lie, and tell you I wish you'd have waited for me. Or at least, chose a different avenue of distraction..." Artesto's arms crossed over his chest, and his amber gaze continued to trace invisible paths along the floor of the study. "But I understand. I've had... episodes... with another as well. Though, I don't know if it got so far as it did for you."

Silas releases the breath he'd been holding, shaking his head and leaning back against one of the many display cases carefully.

"I love you, Quill. Everybody slips up. Just... pay me a thought next time you fall down, yeah? I might be closer than you think..."

Livia Quinnick

• Ctuhlu senpai
There was so much she could not tell him, but knew that it would ease his worries if he got to know. Livia could not tell him about the Taskforce, nor could she tell him about being in the Empire for a few days on an espionage mission. Her Kaliti was one of the best at the Academy, making her the perfect candidate to go assist Ivan.

"You were away on a mission, Sil." She sighed, crossing her arms and chewing at her bottom lip. Her eyes were still on the pearls as she continued. "You were gone for so long, I jumped at the chance to go do something."

She had little friends at the Academy, at least those she would not mind spending time with.

"I love you too." Finally she lifted her head and turned to look at him. A smile sprung to her lips as she drew closer to him, arms wrapping around him as she rested her cheek to his chest, listening to his heartbeat. "I know that at least..."

Liv closed her eyes and took a deep breath, listening to him breath. "Well... if one day, we do make it to the altar... will I be Livia Quinnick or Livia Artesto?" The latter sounded desirable, handsome. Curious, she lifted her head to look into his hazel eyes. "Okko might try to convince you to become an actual Quinnick though." And damned what Idella Quinnick thought.

If Silas was it, Livia wanted everything he wanted.

Silas Artesto