Private Tales A new claim

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

king dac'are

The choice to leave was not considered lightly. for many years i have toiled with the idea that perhaps the caves are not wear we were meant to be. everyone can find piece with the darkness wear ever they go all they must do is close there eyes and the gods are with us once more.

250 women and children. only 6 men, my royal guard are confident mages. we are whats left of a tribe of thousands. what once was piece in our lands has turned to blood shed. 200 men volunteered to stay within our territory the battle will wage on in my absence, they will fight to the bitter end.

today we began setting our camp. defenses have been put in place as well as cloaking spells. it wont stop anyone from wandering in nor will it stop noise but with echo spells we have been able to redirect many travelers away from our camp. it sits between the capital city of the furless folk and the home city of the elves. we are away from roads and hope to stay hidden till we can find some allies. we once long ago were allied with the elves to help with the eradication of the inferior lionmen that plagued these lands. unfortunately those ties have long since been forgotten. ive sent two of my best women worriers to try to open diplomatic ties with both the elves and the humans.

"my lord our scouts are having trouble navigating these woods they are far too thick what shall we do?"

i sigh so is the curse of supreme command every idiotic question is sent to you.

"clear the trees, i suggest wither to dust spells or if we need use of the wood cut them down your self just dont come to me with questions on HOW TO DO YOUR JOBS!!" i yell the last part. one would think skill full mages would know what to do in any situation. i cant blame them well i shouldn't. everyone here was raise in deep caves never seen a tree in there lives.

i stand from my make shift thrown and begin pacing in the tent. "SERVANT!" i bark a young lad comes rushing into the tent.

"yes sire"

"inform the hunters to kill any animal that moves i want a feast tonight. i believe this land will be our claim for the future of our people."

"yes sire!" he says before bolting out from the tent.

i sit back onto my thrown. in the back of my mind i could sense a presence this land made me feel at home but something was lurking something i had not encountered before.

Last edited:
Jair was passing through the same forest, stomping through it rather than just passing. It was all part of being a giant, there was no such thing as subtlety. Trees cracked as they were pushed aside, animals scurried from him small things like stags, and horses. Birds too, mostly when their trees were disturbed. His movements were a steady thump thump thump as stepped over obstacles that normal people tend to have trouble with.

Even among giants, Jair was a big boy, he was twenty feet tall if he was an inch, and tipped the scales at better than a ton. His shaggy hair blew in the slight breeze, Hanging off his shoulder, and swaying off his legs was a one hundred five pound anchor. It brushed the tops of scrub oak, and other smaller trees, and brush. He wasn't going any where in particular as he often searched out magical lore on his own. Very few things harassed the giant as he journeyed. There was an easy swish, swish swish sound as his anchor swung.

i sat on my thrown writing down a few spells i have been working on. nothing spectacular just need to get the wording right for a light spell. when crafting spells the words and what they mean is everything.

one of my royal messengers enters. she bows before speaking "my lord i have news"

"i have ears to hear the news" i say not looking up from my notes.

"our scouts spotted a rather large creature heading straight for the barrier. general gau'ah insists that we send the 3rd and 4th squad to apprehend the creature, here are the request forms"

he hands me the forms.

"have we identified the creature to be of mind and soul or only mind"

"the scouts spotted the creature and claims its equipped with a rather large metal object i would wager that the creature is of mind and soul however weather they be sane or not is unknown"

"tell general gau'ah to hold off from starting a war with an unknown...GIANT!" i look at the report of close to 20 feet.

"never mind tell general gau'ah to peacefully confront the giant i dont want any trouble"

i write the order down and put my seal upon it. i hand it to the messenger and she bolts from the tent at top speed.

i look out the flap of the tent as she goes.

Large lionmen, powerfully built, and savage in appearance, and they were positioning themselves for a fight..with him. ~Foolish kitties~ Jair thought to himself, well if they were dumb enough to pic a fight with him, than he would fight. Hell they might win, there was enough of them. He started swinging his meteor hammer back and forth building its momentum until it started performing full vertical orbits on his right side as he looked from side to side gauging who might be the first group to strike. He was building up momentum when a harold showed up.

She talked to the leader of the opposing group, and then with a few signals, the drawn bows, and readied weaponry was lowered. Jair breathed a sigh of relief not really wanting to kill any one he didn't have to, and let his anchor swing to a stop. The harold, and the general talked to one another, and there were deliberate looks toward him, and back towards their camp. They were talking about him the giant mused. He waited patiently as the pair of cat people spoke to one another. Waited for their next mover.

the very nervous messenger spoke into the generals ear the general shook his head in anger hissing to himself before he let out a huge sigh. he mutters to his second in command who began yelling orders in cat speak. all the soldiers are female except for the general there seemed not to be any other males in sight. all the soldiers in the area began moving about.

a moment later they were in line standing at attention on either side of the giant. a few people had stepped out from there tents to see what the commotion was. many of them had swords in hand expecting a fight from the giant but didn't look like they could give one if they tried. a pregnant mother stood behind her young daughter who dawns a bow and arrow drawn and ready.

"make way for his Majesty king dac'are"

all of the non soldiers in that area of the camp throw them self's to the ground bowing noses almost to the ground. this is why the camp seemed so big the areas around each tent were more like little roads with plenty of room for all the huge beasts to bow at a moments notice

-------------------------------------

i had wanted to see this thing for myself. my tent was some what in the middle of the camp. the camp was a good size and do to the trees position my tent was not in line of sight so i did not see the giant at first. but when we met the clearing at the edge of our border i saw it. a magnificent creature to say the least no doubt one of the gods best worrier races, one of is the operative word. he would make a great fighter in any army. though my mages would have him down in a heart beat.

the four guards in front of me part ways signing me a salute witch is a fist held to the heart. i step into the field and i hear the forty soldiers all salute in unison. my general approaches me fist still on chest he bows his hes slightly.

"the other generals will not like this." he growls. "i dont answer to the other generals" this is all done in whispered hisses in our native tongue. he sulks off mad barking an order for his second to follow him as they re enter camp.

i turn to the giant.

"ahndrkiae" i say under my breath. if the spell worked the giant should be a tad bit at ease a trick used to aid in diplomacy used many times by our ancestors when dealing with other races

"i am king dac'are rightful ruler of the three tribes, i do hope that this is not your territory. ive got 250 women and children who are tired of long journeys we hope to make stake here between our ancient allies the 'pourantie' which means pointed ear or elves as they are now known now and the new race hu mans that have become a plague on this land. we hope to make allies were ever we can and we ask that you stay and feast with us tonight. ill order my men to hunt a very interesting animal you have here i believe they are called cows"

i look up at the giant wondering if he even heard what i said.

Jair was taken to meet with the leader of this particular sect of cat people. As he waited, he let his hammer swing by his ankles. He was a patient kind of guy really, and could wait for some time, his species was quite long lived, and he was young among his kind. As he waited, he began to feel a kind of pressure in his head, and could feel the runes on his face, and arms start to tingle. The the regal Simba leader of the cat people appeared, and Jair put two, and two together, and smirked.

"I am Jair, this is not my territory." He said most amiably at the lion the smirk on his face, "I am looking for magic, and or magical lore. Maybe the occasional relic." He said with a nonchalant shrug, he was a simple being really, not one to be trifled with, but still a simple being, and didn't need any pomp, or ceremony. "Cows are a heard animal, typically tended by humans. I would recommend purchasing the meat from the ranchers, rather than steeling their cattle. I tends to upset any locals." The Giant remained noncommittal about his allegiance to any one especially amongst a group this large.

(Ooc. Srry on phone many typos.)

I smile. "Food was gifted to us by the gods for all to enjoy" i say side stepping his warning in a way that i hoped was not laced with dismissivness.

I raise a hand makeing a follow me gesture. 20 soldiers fell in line behind the giant. The other 20 on eather side guiding the giant along the path.

"I do belive you have found the right camp. Our people are born into magic. It runs through us like a river runs through soil. Stay for the darkness cellebration. it begins at high sun." i say pointing up. We reach my tent. People have gathered gawking at the giant. Some in fear others in awe but mostly fascination fills the air. Most of the camp is childeren. In fact most of the hunting partys are children with a single adult soldier. We are too weak in some partys eyes. An agreement with the giant could bode well for us. Though i hold the throan by divine right there are those that would like to see me hung for moveing our people so far from the gods.

I raise my arms to the growing crowd.
Im in a hill over looking the camp. My tent was put here so that i could adress the people below.

"Do not fear we have not a beast in our mists but a soon to be friend, now go get ready for high sun we are feasting in the fields."
The crowd disperses as everyone returns to there work at my order.

I wisper to a messenger to dismiss half the guards as well. I figured if the beast were to attack he would be fighting every woman and child in the camp as everyone here has been trained. There was no need for a show of force.

I motion for a messenger.

"Tell the hunting partys to stay in stealth formation we cant have farmers noticeing whos hunting there cattle." i smile at the giant who is within ear shot of my command.

Jair was deadpanned for a moment, the Lion King would not listen to advice, especially blatant common sense advice. He was gonna take a seat, but then shook his head. "Young King" he said slowly "I would enjoy very much like to stay for your celebration, but I am unable to. I must move on," The Giant shook is head "I have business to attend to, and if I do not keep my appointment it would be rather jarring to all parties involved." Which was the true enough though with multiple cows disappearing, enough for nearly three hundred large leo-oids to feed on daily, combined with a very overt giant in the area, it wouldn't take long for the locals to put two and two together, and come up with seven. In short Jair felt as if he would soon be hunted. He wanted to be out of the area before suspicion arose about him. "I shall take my leave of you now." He said with a nod.

"I bid you, and your kin a farewell, and hope that your journeys are safe." He cinched up his meteor hammer so it wouldn't swing too much as he moved. Go on try to stop him as he moved away from the camp. The giant nodded once more, and started making his own way out of the camp. He was his own man, and wasn't going to be blamed for a crime he did not commit.

it has been 10 days since the giants swift exit. he should have known he could not be seen from even up close while be-hinged our magical barriers, it was of no consequence its better we not be discovered until we can get proper defenses, ive sent more messengers to the elven lands but yet to hear word, i fear the fierce reputation the savages of falwood have made for our kind have bloodied waters between all the races, in the last ten days i have heard many rumors my scouts manage to hear. these savages will tear your gut open and eat your innards while you watch.

"What the f-"

Sapphire was overlooking the valley, eyes fixated on the lionmen as they took down a score of cattle. She'd never seen their kind before, hadn't even heard of them. Of the many races across the lands, she'd never expected to encounter cat-people. From past experience, she'd found that trusting cats could be a risky move. The wanderer looked over her shoulder to find she was alone. The Bocan had wandered off a couple of days ago, but she expected it would find her again soon.

Looking back down to the creatures, she watched them savage the simpler mammals, hoisting them over their shoulders and lugging them off into the woods. Sapphire dug through her knapsack, pulling a map from the bag and spreading it across the grass. The man who'd drawn it for her suggested bypassing the forest, and she was beginning to see why. Rolling up the map again, the girl watched the trees for a time, before preparing to follow a path around the trees.

king dac'are

the she lion hauls the cow with little effort needed. her eldest child had come being only 2 winters away from his test that would allow him to become a soldier like his father. the wild cows didn't put up much of a fuss.
the son sniffed the cool breeze. he was only ten winters old and had the best nose of her litter. many young lionmen are known with a signature ability. he looks at his mother questioningly

"whats that mother?" he says sniffing the air and pointing with his head. any good hunter can see for miles weather permitting

"go back to the camp warn an officer we have been spotted"

he runs into the trees out of sight. without another word.

she drops the cow, the meat was only being collected for some plan the generals are being vague about most of her kind is vegetarian.

she begins walking towards the creature slowly. she whisper's an enchantment to throw her voice farther and softer then a roar would achieve.

"you must not fear i am not your foe, we welcome you with open arms so that you may learn the grace of the gods"

it should have come to it in whatever language it uses as a disembodied whisper

Sapphire

The beast dropped its prey, and began to advance towards her. Sapphire swore, dropping down, her back against the rock as the lion called out to her, assuring it meant no harm. Sapphire reckoned people who 'meant no harm' were honest about forty percent of the time. She wasn't crazy about those odds. The cursed girl sat still, daring not move in hopes that the creature would leave her alone. Her hand found the blade at her belt, and she gripped the hilt in a vice. She inwardly cursed the mapmaker, and the Bocan, and even herself, for not foreseeing such an obstacle in her path.

king dac'are

the she lion saw the thing duck away. she sniffed and stared at the point were she had last seen movement.

a rustle in the bushes behind her makes her jump a bit but she immediately relaxed when she saw it was a compliment of soldiers, 6 in total all clearly women. not a lot by looks but all that was needed, the leader of the group looked around before speaking to the she lion. she spoke with authority that made the hunter she lion flinch.

"where is it Breeder" she said Breeder as if it made her mouth sick to even acknowledge the woman who was hunting.

"my son has the gift of sent he smelled something beyond our protection spell. in the Forrest hiding. i tried to make contact but-"

she was cut off by curt slap across the nose. the commander growled. and turned away from her no longer acknowledging

"listen up girls we have an unidentified creature near were our family's call home. be silent be quick and remember the king has man dated we bring anyone we find in the Forrest alive back to base camp to meet with general gal' haleia (hay-Lee-ah) i want a clean catch lets try not to kill it this time" she smirks before disappearing into the bushes he comrades all skitter different ways move through the bushes quickly and silently. they may be of the lionmen people but as women they make perfect spies they are small and stealthy but they are only small compared to there male counter parts.

Peeking from behind the rock, the girl found that the lions had certainly made her. Advancing at a leisurely pace, a large group of them were closing in too quickly for her liking. She turned, looking back the way she came. An open plain, nowhere to hide. She doubted she could outrun the beasts anyway. Where was the damn Bocan? With the supernatural being at her side, there was a chance she could take the pack in a fight. The Bocan was deadly, and it had a way of making her deadlier too. Sadly, it was not around.

Sapphire looked back again, noticing the kid that fronted the pack. Probably the little run who'd noticed her in the first place. Flanked by a few females, it seemed like he'd noticed her now, and so the wanderer emerged from her hiding spot, fists clenched at her side. "I'm just passing by. Please stand aside". She did not speak as though she was confident in her ability to hurt the beings. Simply put, Sapphire wanted to avoid hurting anyone. That, and stories of a girl whose touch broke bones tended to travel far and wide, potentially to the ears of those who'd been hunting her in the first place.

king dac'are

it was an odd creature to the she lions that stood not 6 feet away. the commander smirked amused by the small creatures excuses. the other soldiers quickly encircled the creature. they had seen this furless species before but only from a distance. when your a large force of lionmen journeying through unknown lands you tend to stay away from heavily populated areas. they had never been spotted by one however and a tale about snowy white beasts in the forests were sure to cause unwanted attention this one cannot be aloud to tell the others of its kind not yet anyways.

"im afraid you will have to cut your journey short for the time being" the commander smiles sweetly but on a face of a lion it still looked like a snarl.

she sighs

"besides the sun has past its peek many hours ago, you wouldn't want to be caught out here alone at night, there are monsters in these woods,"

she said this as if she wasn't referring to herself and her people but rather some other group of monsters

"if you come with us peacefully you will not be harmed"

she looks at her compatriots and they each in unison draw there swords. if you could call them that, the swords were at least as long as a man and just as wide. one swing would bisect a man instantly for sure

"you may resist if you so choose but then i cannot ensure your safety. we are under strict orders to capture anyone who enters this Forrest and bring them to general gal, haleia, any creature that resists can be subjected to bodily harm or death, these are your options choose now or i will choose for you"

the she lions with there swords drawn all tense up ready to swing if provoked. the commander had not yet drawn her sword but rested her hand on the hilt fiddling with it un concerned with the creature seeming rather bored than anything at this point as if shes dealt with odder people and this was just a job for her at this point

Sapphire looked at the beast, rather unimpressed. It spoke as though to frighten her into complying. It spoke as though it had something over her. With its pack of followers, it did outnumber her for sure. But it acted out of some fear of obligation. Bringing in her would be to follow the rules. If Sapphire did not follow, or managed to escape, she imagined the lioness would get into some sort of trouble.

One of the swordsmen reached for her, and she did not move a muscle. The feeling of a warm paw close over her wrist was instantly met with a cold rush that danced across her body; a coldness she was all too familliar with.

It happened slowly at first. The lioness' arm began to tremble. Then, Sapphire turned to face her, seizing the beast's own arm now, looking it in the eye until its bones began to truly strain against their natural setting. The lioness cried out, and Sapphire let go, taking a step backwards, wary of the she lions at her back.

"I'll follow you", she began. "But if one of you even thinks of touching me, I'll show you a new kind of pain". She'd found speaking in a more threatening tone easier these days. Practice made perfect, and she'd had plenty of need for practice.

king dac'are

the soldiers were ready to slice the creature up but the commander yelled for them to remain in formation. they lead the creature into the thickets beyond were the 'breeder' had been hunting.

"you bare the mark of the first tribe, the general will be pleased, i may even gain tittle for this."

they walk in a pattern of sorts three walk the flank two walk the forward non of them are beyond sword length. the injured one has replaced her sword with a dagger but shes directly behind the creature looking rather angry.

the commander curiously has decided to walk beside the would be prisoner no more than a humans arms length. she seems un afraid. even large creatures seem afraid of what they dont know but this seemed to be another day for the commander. just work and maybe a promotion.

the commander falls silent for a spell before speaking once more.

"the general may decide you acquired the mark in an unholy way, be prepared to face hostility, pray he gives you mercy, ultimately it will be the king who decides what happens to you but for now you are under the generals charge, until his lordship says otherwise i suggest you refrain from breaking any more arms, your lucky we pure bloods are born with gifts of our own though, her arm will be mended by a medic and be healed by tonight."

the trees sort of begin to thin more and more. the lionesses seem to be following an odd path. its not straight even though straight would be faster.

suddenly the Forrest lets out to a field of wood chips and stumps. a good 300 hundred feet away sits a camp surrounded by a wooden wall. the camp was rather large. a call can be heard as soldiers begin to file out single file. they line each side of the wall leaving the opening clear theirs 10 of them 5 on each side. as the group approaches one of the 10 steps out and salutes the commander. the comander salutes back.

" make sure it makes it to the generals tent alive, do not lay a hand on it be sure the general knows this one bites"

the commander walks past the guard that saluted here and disappears into the camp.

"you heard the commander! Lets go"

suddenly the escort changed hands the commander and her subordinates disperse into the camp and now are replaces with 10 very nervous looking soldiers swords ready to draw blood.

the path through the camp was wide. tents were everywhere both big and small all made of hides and poles made from sticks they must have brought with them because the wood was odd nothing like anything that grows locally.

the camp was abuzz with chatter and noise, some noise was blacksmiths clanking away at metal. others cubs playing casting harmless light spells that sparkle in the air. a group of lionesses dressed in robes stood on the side lines watching the creature being escorted to the generals tent.

"move along sisters" the guard says to the robed lions.

they say nothing but one strays and menages to wander close enough to the prisoner.

"may the darkness guide you" she mummers before securing off.

they lead the creature to a tent the tent was large, two of the guards urge the creature inside but do not follow. the creature stands in a rather large space. the floor i carpeted with wools and furs. there is a desk to the far side of the tent. book shelves filled with both books and scrolls line each side of the tent. in the middle is a map and at that table stands a male lionmen hes dressed in armor as if hes waiting to go out to battle. a metal helmet sits on the table,

the man dose not look up from his map.

"what and who are you"

he says as if hes rather annoyed his guards just dumped her into the tent. they seemed rather scared to enter the tent themselves.

"What the f-.."
Sapphire muttered obscenities to herself as she wondered what mark they were talking about. Had she a spot on her head? A bit of dirt? Surely they hadn't been talking of her curse. A 'mark' was an interesting way to describe it, considering she bore no physical indicator warning others that her touch would fracture one's bones. Walking beyond the one she wounded, she followed the tribe as they lead her into a thicket of trees.

Eventually the trees cleared, and they arrived at a rather impressive looking camp. Though largely comprised of wood, the place seemed well designed and fortified, leading Sapphire to wonder why she was being 'captured'. It wasn't as though she were going to break in any time soon.

"I'm sorry, did you just call me 'it'?", she questioned the commander. The lionesses lead her towards a tent, beckoning her inside but staying behind themselves. Cautiously, she moved inside, met with a lionman in armor that looked too thick for her to break through. His skull was nice and unprotected though...

"I am quite annoyed. And my name is Sapphire. Can I go now?"
king dac'are

the general finally looked up, but only a glance before scrawling something down on the map. he seemed to be stressing out over battle plans.

"trust me creature i am as annoyed as you must be, the king mandates that all way fairer's in the vicinity of the camp be collected before night fall, your lucky you would have not made the night if we hadn't rescued you consider be grateful you did not encounter the things that haunt our nightmares as well as our nights"

a woman enters from a back flap on the other side of the tent it was the commander as before and beside her hanging back slightly as if ready to run was the woman whos arm was struck lame.

"general sir" the commander says saluting with an arm crossed over her breasts and a slight bow.

"im here with my report" she presents him with a scroll.

he snatches it and rips off its bindings he sits and reads for a good moment before glancing up at the prisoner inquisitively.

he turns to the commander.

"you expect me to believe it possesses the gift of the first tribe?"

the commander nods.

"she broke private hal's arm with a simple touch, the holy words say that one day one of hig'ars forgotten children will walk the same path as the gods and be given a gift, perhaps we can have the priestess's look at her, it could be a sign. she is one of the lost childeren."

the general looks at the creature once more eyeing it objectively

"the texts also say that a forgotten child will also gain power from the demons to try to kill the gods messenger and that we should be wary of false travelers"

he glares at the human before him.

"do you really have the power to break bone with a touch? or did you use one of those one time use spells your people are so fond of, i do wonder" he says mostly to himself.

he says sounding rather intrigued but his face was that of a man with plans and his gaze felt less than holy. he came around the table to stand in front of the creature.

"sir be careful do not touch it, who knows how long till it snaps and kills us all!" the private says frantic.

the general stops his advance and turns to the private. with one very fast swing he knocks the private to the ground with a clawed slap to the face. blood seeps from the scratch

" YOU speak when you are spoken to woman!" he growls

he turns to the commander

"you are both dismissed."

the commander looked a bit ticked but saluted and took her private away from the tent

he turns back to the creature.

he pulls out some paper and sits down re wetting his ink. ready file his report

"so your name is Sapphire ive seen your kind but only from the bushes i haven't the slightest clue what you are or how you came to bare the mark quite frankly i haven't the time to find out i have a meeting with the other generals very soon i cant play woman sitter. i need race plus reason for traveling in this area and desired destination. you will be spending the night for your own protection, i dont make the rules i just follow them, after you are seen by the priestesses you can make a plea to the king on departing early he may send an escort if he feels you cannot handle the demons."

he dabs his quill and looks at
Sapphire

waiting for a response.

Sapphire

Last edited: