Open Chronicles A New Alliance

A roleplay open for anyone to join
knights of anathaeum

Nimue

Character Biography
Link
Nimues trip to Astenvale took shorter then expected, then she was used to longer treks like when she moved to Routé.

She had been sent on a emissary mission to make an alliance with the Knights Of Anatheum whos base was the Astenvale Monastery.
The previous night she had arrived but instead of staying at an inn, the elementalist had decided to camp out at a nearby river.

When the morning came, Nimue sat on the bank of the river and with a flick of her hand a small fountain spurted from it. Once she had finished washing her long black curls and washing her face she went for a small swim before drying off and getting dressed.

Pulling on some nicer clothes, Nimue packed up the few things she had brought with her and saddled her horse before making her way up the small hill leading to the Monastery.

outfit

• Yay
Reactions: Faramund
Stood by the Monastery gates, his face turned to the sun, Syr Faramund of the Dawn waited patiently for the emissary to arrive. Dressed in a deep blue tunic and pants of silk, the big man looked more like lesser nobility than he did a knight of the Order. He had been told to make an effort, after all, and shirts of mail and plate might set the wrong tone for their meeting.

Mind you, considering what Faramund had heard of Route and its customs, perhaps that might have been better.

Too late now, he mused, his eyes opening to the sound of hoofbeats. A rider had appeared on the road leading up to the Monastery and, much like him, the figure came unarmoured. Pressing away from the wall, Faramund shielded his eyes with a ham hock-sized hand. The rider appeared to be a woman, and a young one at that.

Faramund had no problem with that.

Smiling, he stepped out into the road, waited as the woman rode closer. The weight of responsibility grew as she walked her horse nearer, and Fara felt himself be borne down by it. 'Welcome to Astenvale!' He called out, striding slowly forwards to look up at the Northerner. 'Lady Nimue of Route, I presume?'

Nimue

Nimue slowed down her horse as she reached the gates and stopped alongside the man sent to welcome her.
"You are correct."
Nimue dismounted gracefully and soothed out her skirt, all the while looking the man up and down - not making any attempt at hiding her judgment.

"I was told Id be met at the gate by a knight of the Order," This man looked nothing like what she expected, his attire atleast. Nimue had delt with enough pompus noblemen so when she received the letter to say her next meeting would be with the Knights of Anatheum, she was relieved.

When needs be, Nimue had the composure and decorm of an upper class noble who had been surrounded by stuffy social circles their entire life whilst in truth, this was not the case.

"So if you could please lead me to one of the knights, it would be greatly appreciated."

Faramund

'I'm sure it would be.' Faramund stifled a grin. He knew he should've stuck to wearing armour. Whenever he got dressed up, bad things started to happen. Though there was that one time. 'Allow me to introduce myself! Syr Faramund of the Order of Anathaeum, at your service!' Meeting Nimue's eye, the Knight Sworn bowed in greeting. So far as first impressions went, he wasn't off to a very good start.

But that could change, given time and ample opportunity. Fortunately, they would be provided both during her stay.

'I apologise for any confusion I may have caused,' he said, straightening up. 'I don't normally dress like this, and to tell you the truth, you reaction was about what I expected.' Smiling apologetically, he gestured towards the Monastery gate. 'Please, come!'

Taking hold of her horse's reins -if she allowed it- the knight began to lead the emissary into the monastery. The heavy, iron-reinforced gates that helped protect Faramund's home from trespassers had been thrown open in preparation for Nimue's arrival. Faramund could hear the distant sound of swords clashing as he led her into the outer yard.

Faramund knew it was nothing serious. Just the knights running the squires through drills. A bit of theatre pre-arranged for Nimue's benefit, that.

'How was your journey?' he asked, nodding to Squire Gruki as she rushed over to relieve him of his burden. 'Not too stressful, I hope.'

Nimue

"Please do not dress up on my accord, I get enough of that when I travel west." Nimue offered a welcoming smile.

She handed over he reigns without hesitation followed Syr Faramound through the gates.

The emissary could tell the Knights of Anatheum were well prepared for her arrival and she appreciated it. As they walked she head the swords and the sounds of training, she couldn't help her mind wondering to if they had a triton she could train with whilst she was here, depending on how long the meeting and talks would take.

Nimue snapped out of her day dream when Faramund asked about her journey, "Yes thank you, I made camp at the nearby river last night and it was a quite evening. The journey in total was a breeze."

When another member of the order came over she offered them a polite nod.

"Are you by any chance aware of todays agenda Syr Faramound?" The most she knew of her mission here was the end goal. Everything imbetween was up for debate.

'Indeed I am.' Watching as Squire Gruki led Nimue's horse away, Syr Faramund gestured for the northerner to accompany him further into the monastery. 'First, however, I must ask: do you seek refreshment?' She had been a long time on the road, after all, and whilst her journey may have been short, it would have been rude of him not to offer her some form of comfort and respite.

'If so, I will have one of the squires bring you something. I myself find it's a little too early in the day to start drinking,' he smiled at Nimue, 'but to each their own.' Strolling along, the dawnling led her deeper, into the heart of Astenvale Monastery. Knights and squires and future prospects passed them by as they walked side by side through the hallways.

'Lady.' Syr Jarro nodded respectfully from where he sat on a nearby bench. The elf had a scroll in his hands, and though Fara was still learning his words, he would have recognised Lyra's handwriting anywhere. 'Word from your sister?' Faramund asked quietly. 'Why, yes, it is!' Jarro replied. 'Just letting me know her quest was successful and all is well. Oh, and she sends her love, by the way!'

Stifling a grin, Faramund nodded. 'I'm sure she does,' he mumbled, fighting hard not to laugh as Jarro watched him go, a devilish smile on his face.

'Sorry about that.' He turned his eyes to Nimue. 'Now, as to the agenda you mentioned, I believe your Queen, Esmerelda of Route, seeks to make an arrangement with my Order, though, I use the word lightly.' Pausing in an archway leading to the inner gardens, he continued, 'The terms and details of said arrangement are as yet to be agreed upon. Thus your visit.'

Stepping out into the open air, Fara took a breath as he turned his gaze towards the sky. The day was warm, and promised to get warmer before long. 'Care to sit?' he asked Nimue, turning to face her, a small smile on his face. 'Lovely day like this, why, it would be wrong to waste it.'

Nimue

'If so, I will have one of the squires bring you something. I myself find it's a little too early in the day to start drinking,' he smiled at Nimue,

"A cup of goats milk would be nice if you have any." As the pair walked through the Monastery and Faramund greeting those he knew she looked around, admiring the architecture.

'Sorry about that.' He turned his eyes to Nimue.
"No need to apologize, we are not yet at the formal part of me visit." When they reached the archways she would stop as he did. "Trust when I tell you, we are not looking for companions to go to war with."

Stepping to the gardens she took a second to enjoy the promising sunshine, warm on her golden skin. Nimue sat down on the bench nearby. "It truly is lovely weather," So far their conversations had been polite, idle chit chat and she was growing weary. Whilst this was her fortey it did not mean she enjoyed it.

"Do you know if my my wait will be long Syr Faramund?" The emissary fixed her skirt so it lay nicer where she sat. "If so, perhaps we you could take me to your training grounds."
So far, whenever she spoke her tone and expression remained the same. Simply, polite and unwavering - difficult to decifer if she was displeased or impressed so far.

Faramund

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Faramund
'If it's not allies you seek, then, pray tell, what are you searching for?' Sitting down beside Nimue, the dawnling posed his question. Though Faramund didn't spend much time here, in the monastery gardens, he had to admit the place was quite peaceful. Our very own slice of the wylds, he thought, making the most of their brief pause by enjoying the pleasant warmth and earthy smells of spring.

'You will not have to wait long,' he promised the emissary. 'If you've need of an attendant during your stay here, a squire will be provided to you free to charge
.' He carried on before Nimue could misconstrue his quip as an insult. 'Do you wish to see the training grounds? I can take you there if that is your wish.'

First she says she does not seek a military alliance, then wishes to see our training grounds? A bit odd, that.

Faramund let it slide. He, too, had been trained in the art of diplomacy, though, he was far from the best among the Order. If not for the fact he had shown up when he did, Fara was certain the duty of welcoming Nimue to the monastery would have landed squarely on someone else's shoulders. Alas, everyone was either out questing or else preoccupied with other, more important matters.

Faramund could only guess as to what those were.

'Your drink, lady!' Squire Tovarik offered her a cup of what Fara assumed was goats milk, before disappearing into the background. Looking on, Faramund made to stand. 'I can see you growing weary of my idle chatter. Apologies. Perhaps we should address the reason for your coming here.' He offered his arm. 'I can show you the training grounds while we are at it. What say you?'

Nimue

• Smug
Reactions: Nimue
When the squire arrived with Nimues cup she thanked him and wrapped both arms around is gracefully, causing the contents to bubble ever so slightly.
"I prefer my milk warm."

Taking off her one hand she stood and looped it into Faramunds arm and let him lead her to the grounds. "I am actually here to extend and discuss a learning opportunity to the younger members in your ranks who might not had the resources prior to join your order or whom you feel could use extra training before joining you."
She took one last look at the lovely garden before they were in the halls once more.

Faramund

She wasn't saying their current training was substandard, but it sure sounded like it. 'You propose an exchange of sorts?' Faramund tried to clarify. 'And what does your Queen wish for in return?' That was the real question. Looking to Nimue, the dawnling watched her closely. The emissary was young, to be sure, but to say she was inexperienced would have been a mistake.

Her face revealed nothing, and while she had behaved cordially so far, Faramund believed there was more to her than just her politeness. Mind you, the same could be said for everybody.

'How about we share with each other some of the specifics about this... additional training. What might it entail? What will you teach our young squires and hopefuls that we cannot teach ourselves?' Nimue might assume him rude for asking such. Alas, he had a duty to uphold. To the Order, his people. Just as Nimue no doubt held her queen's best interests at heart, so too did Fara.

Nimue

"What we wish to offer goes beyond just training. Think of it as an education opportunity." To make sure Faramund did not think Nimue and her queen found his community below them, she went on to clarify.
"We want to extend the offer of extending the talents in your younger ranks, assisting them in enhancing and honing their gifts."

They walked further and she wondered how long before the reached the training grounds, "but let me not dive to deep until the proper time, where we can sit and I can show you some documents to make the concept as clear as possible." She did not mean this as an insult to the knight intelligence but simply make the offer as clean cut and unproblematic as possible so if she were to leave without an answer just yet, the Order would have all the information required. "Will I be discussing everything with you and then you relaying it?" If that was the case, Nimue expected spending atleast a night or two at the Monastery.

Faramund

'You'll be discussing your offer with me for the time being, yes.' Faramund glanced at her out the corner of his eye. 'If I like what I hear, I'll relay the information to my Captain. Until then, well, you'll just have to make do.' He smiled to show that he had said something funny. It wasn't, really. But the thought of a Sworn being left to handle the important business while the Pursuants and Masters kicked their feet up amused him greatly.

'If I may be so bold, what was it that inspired your Queen to reach out to us?' he asked the emissary, enjoying the cool breeze whistling through the hallways. 'Unless my memory fails me, I believe I saw her at Princess Gwynnestri's ball not too long ago.'

He raised his chin invitingly. 'Perhaps she chanced upon one of my fellow knights during the evening,' he grinned mischievously. 'Depending on whom she met, I dare say I have my work cut out for me.'

Nimue

• Popcorn
Reactions: Nimue
When it came to Esmereldas inspiration and reasoning behind most things, Nimue did not know much. She knew she was just a pawn in a long game of politics an allies, but she was a game piece which held great value so she was content.

Her presence in different circles with many non-the wiser of her true purpose of being there was something she found entertaining.

This though, was one of few missions were she held a handful of information, her job not as simple as decive, spy and report this time around. If she fumbled here, Nimue knew it could lead to greater consequences - though if she succeeded, her duties would become greater, the once idle by stander merely there for distraction had climbed the leader to the responsibilities she held now but even more if she achieved what she was sent out to accomplish.

"My ruler wishes to build a school, one she find might benifit your organization which if you feel as well, could build a healthy relationship between our communities."
Nimue took another sip of her milk before continuing, "We are aware that The Knights of Anatheum take in people from many walks of life and Routé has become a safe haven for refugees. So to an extent, some of our goals may be aligned."

The emissary had to think on the ball Esmerelda, Koa, Kizzen and Wesley attended not to long ago.

"I must assume she met with one of your Captains at some point even if it were for idle chatter. Though I am aware that one of the men who accompanied is familiar with one of your female comrades, he also attended the annual festival your order throws, The Festival Of Lights I think it was?"

Nimue knew exaclty which of Esmereldas men was involved with exaclty which women and how they had danced at Gwynnestris ball and met at the festival, the kid wouldn't shut up about it...or her.

• Smug
Reactions: Yarrow