Fate - First Reply A Morning Strait

A 1x1 Roleplay where the first writer to respond can join
Well the floating young man felt really awkward now after yet another thoughtless question. Honestly what was with him and attractive women? Seemed like he couldn't keep his mouth shut as much as his eyes off them. How would he even go about getting better about that?

"Well girls just seem to need more care because of all the extra stuff they have to deal with.... Like having their asses spanked when working in a tavern. By both men and women at that. Watched Mizzie spank this serving wench once. Swear if not for Sig I'd think she was more into women than I am."

Rook thought back on that and how he had paid the woman a tip to make up for it. His feral drow housemate might be tiny but she was fiery.

His limbs were beginning to get tired. For her she could relax within the water but for him relaxing meant drowning. He didn't particularly feel up to that just yet. Not till Lami inevitably decided to devour him at least. So he worked on paddling his way back to the boat that was slowly drifting further away from the pair of them in the waves.

"If you had another kid would you rather have a girl or one of those rare boys for your kind?"

Lamirose

• Popcorn
  • Gasp
Reactions: Giibi and Lamirose
Lami tilted her head as he explained himself. She noticed he was growing weary of treading water and staying afloat so Lami encouraged the water to support him even more.

"Daughters of a Kivren mother tend to be more feral than most lander daughters, and they would certainly be able to defend themselves if anyone thought to attack them."
She paused as she considered his next question. "I do not care whether my child is a boy or a girl, all I care about is that they are mine and they are alive." Her voice became unusually firm for her normal temperament, and since the birth and death of her daughter, she was beginning to realize that perhaps more than anything else in this world, she wanted a child. Multiple children, if she was so lucky.

Suddenly she was looking at Rook differently. She shook her head a bit, then spoke. "Perhaps we should start heading back now," she said. She would continue to support him with the water until he got back into the boat, and then she would dive below the surface to retrieve her clothes. The silver coin from earlier glinted, having floated out of the pocket of the dress. She snatched it and pulled the clothes back over her head, her gray tail coming out from the hem of the dress before she shifted and her tail split into two pale legs.

Her lungs squeezing, she kicked to the surface and pulled herself into the rowboat with a surprising amount of strength. She pulled a breeze off the water to dry the two of them off for the most part. Their hair would still be a little damp, but their skin and clothes would be mostly dry.

Once Rook was dressed again and situated, she would put her fingers into the water, this time urging the little rowboat forward more gently.

• Sip
  • Gasp
Reactions: Giibi and Rook
As Rook listened to Lami he began to think about the people he had met in his life. She claimed they were more feral but he had met some feral women in the Shallows. A street walker who had a habit of not so much asking as telling you that you were going to pay her for her services. A mugger who sometimes didn't even take your coin and just beat you for the fun of it. There was even the tavern wench who had a habit of drawing a dagger out of somewhere no one had figured out if you touched her or didn't tip her properly.

The air was chilling but drying him off. Similar to the sadness of her statement about her child only needing to be alive. Things always had a way of turning grim in his life. Death never so far from life. Even in such a moment as this a ghost always seemed to hang about.

"Was there anything you wanted to do in the city still Lami?"

Rook had spoken while getting his clothes back on. Thankful that the boat wasn't moving nearly as fast as it had before once the anchor was pulled back up.

Lamirose

• Popcorn
Moving the boat at this slower, gentler speed didn't take nearly as much effort, but it did take longer. Perhaps Lami was stalling. She was beginning to think that, no matter what she had said earlier about getting to know the guy, if she stayed with him for much longer, she would end up having another baby that she so desperately wanted. He had said a man who left a pregnant woman was no man, hadn't he? But she couldn't even propose that, shoulder him with that kind of responsibility. If he wasn't going to leave, he was going to be stuck with her and a baby forever, trapped by his morals. Lami sighed. Maybe her mother was right, maybe she was too soft for her own good.

She didn't know what to say to his question as they moved closer to the shore. She hoped he couldn't read her face and guess what she was thinking; as embarrassed as he had been, she would be even more so. But... she hadn't exactly told him no, had she?

She shook her head. "I don't know," she said, her voice unnaturally high. Kiva, what was wrong with her? She had been talking about how female Kivren were feral and could defend themselves, and yet she was the exception. She was soft and a hypocrit.

Rook

• Sip
  • Popcorn
Lami had gotten quiet before she spoke. Her voice sounded different. He would say off, but admittedly didn't know what she should normally sound like. This could be her natural speaking voice for all he knew and her kind did have stuff going on with their voices. Maybe she had to keep her voice a certain way to not enthrall every sailor in earshot?

Rook thought things over himself. Now might be a good point to cut things off. Got to spend some time relaxing following his work and she might need to return to the strait. Both likely had things to do back home. Alliria only knew what misfortune his roomies had bought down upon their house while he was gone. Mizzie didn't need to be let near any kind of blunt or sharp object and Sig could sleep anywhere, which included places he shouldn't. Giibi probably was working. Goddess bless that girl and anyone around her.

"How about some music then? Lander music that is. Know some places you can sit and listen for a bit before heading home." Rook had made up his mind. Be a shame to let her leave this big trip to land on a bitter bite.

"If you are interested that is." He just gave her a smile. She might still need to leave after all.

Lamirose

• Popcorn
Heading home. Was Rook trying to get rid of her? Perhaps he could sense what was on her mind and he had changed his. Or maybe he was too oblivious? It was a possibility. He had been nothing but nice to her and paid for her food and even listened to her darkest secrets.

But that in no way meant he wanted her to have his baby. Of all woman, there were plenty of others to choose from. And like he said, landers mated for love and passion and the like. He might not even want a child.

She was definitely thinking about it too much and it was definitely getting to her head. Either because of that or because she had been spending too much time with Rook, her mouth seemed to work ahead of her brain. "You said you would help me in any way I wanted, before we got on the boat," she started suddenly, speaking rather quickly. She snapped her mouth shut quickly though, her brain catching up before she could embarass herself even more. Now it was her turn to blush.

She wanted to hit herself and she was tempted to throw herself over the edge of the boat and swim to the very bottom of the ocean and never surface again. This was what happened when she tried to join the landers. She would never be able to fit in.

• Sip
  • Gasp
The context and thoughts behind her words were lost to Rook. What he heard was her feeling he was bored of her now and trying to leave. A fact that wasn't true. He had been enjoying himself. Well he had been enjoying her company not so much all the events they had experienced together so far. The idea of a self moving boat and swimming out in the ocean depths still bothered him in small ways.

"I did...." Rook wasn't sure what to say next as she was right. What else was there to add other than piss poor excuses? Nothing.

The young man straightened up a bit in his seat and got a smile for her going. "What do you want me to do for you Lami? I gave you my word so everything is on the table. Just ask and I'll do it."

Hopefully it wouldn't involve him consciously floating again like before. But if it did then he would do it with no complaint.... Well mild complaint. Never was a person who didn't complain some out there. Just some did it more openly than others.

Lamirose

• Wonder
Reactions: Giibi
Gods, he was oblivious. Lami rubbed the side of her face and almost wished she had never met him. But as soon as she had the thought, she regretted it. He was just too soft for his own good. They were a lot alike, the two of them. Naive, with a soft heart that got them in trouble. Like this situation she was in now.

The boat bumped the dock and Lami jolted. She climbed out of the boat and stood on the dock, waiting for Rook to do the same. "I don't want to leave your company yet. I..." she started, trying to think of some way to not sound like a stupid, desperate fool. She looked away for a moment, the wind blowing her dark hair into her face. She pushed it over her shoulder and returned her gaze to Rook's.

"I... I know I haven't known you for very long, but I really do like you," she said, her voice wavering a bit. This was exactly how she had gotten herself into that past situation, and it had ended in nothing but pain for her. Well, not complete pain if it had led her to Rook. Perhaps Kiva was looking out for her, and had led her to this sweet and gentle man for a reason. Or maybe Lami was just crazy.

She remembered the incident on the boat where she had ended up in his lap, and she was struck with the sudden urge to kiss him. Before she could embarass herself in front of all these landers (who were already beginning to stare at them for standing on the docks for so long), she cleared her throat. "I would like to meet those people you mention so often, your family, you call them?" she said, hoping the incident would go over Rook's head so she could continue to spend more time with him.

• Sip
  • Wonder
The rock in the river that was Rook didn't understand the way things were flowing. When Lami began to speak to him he just smiled back to her. "I like you and your company too Lami."

Rook began to think over her request about meeting his roomies. A slight frown forming on his face. Who would even be around at this time? Not Giibi. She was better at finding work than he was. Mizzie maybe? If she wasn't with Sig then she might be out foraging or harassing someone else. Sig was definitely still home and definitely still asleep. If he wasn't then Rook was going to be in a panic.

After a bit he said slowly at first, "Right.... Can take you over to my place but not sure who will be there. If anyone is home and awake I'd be happy to introduce you to them. Sound good to you Lami?"

The young man was smiling for her again. He had this urge to hold out his hand for them to shake like it was some kind of trade deal right now, but he didn't. That would be awkward and he had already made it awkward enough for the both of them for one day.

Lamirose

• Popcorn
Lami couldn't decide whether she was frustrated or relieved that Rook was so clueless. She leapt for the subject change, hoping she would not embarass herself any more today.

She smiled back at him and nodded. He seemed unsure of what to do with his hand and arm, so she slid her arm through his once more and let him lead the way to his home in this swampy fish village.

The owner of the boat that had chased them out earlier returned to find his boat back and cursed at the couple walking away arm in arm as he scrambled back towards his boat. Lami watched him over her shoulder with a smile but then caught his gaze. He looked between them and while she was definitely not familiar with lander culture, she could still read the expression on his face and she knew what the boat owner was thinking they had done on the boat. She turned back around, her cheeks red, glad for Rook beside her.

"So how many of them are there?" she said changing the subject. If Rook didn't know what she was talking about it was her own fault for being distracted and not making herself clear.

• Sip
  • Popcorn
Rook was more than happy to let her take his arm and walk with him down the dock. The direction he guided her was towards his home, which he was a bit nervous about. The Shallows was a dangerous place for pretty foreigners. Guards stayed out unless they had to go there for a reason and the locals all knew it was best avoided if possible. Yet that was the only place he could live and not be on the street.

"Three. Giibi is a goblin. She works more than I do. Miz'ri is a drow. I think that is what she called herself. Then Sig who is human. He sleeps a lot. Not sure why but he is healthy enough so don't make it an issue."

A feel bunch of misfits. He was probably the more unusual of the group. Seeing memories at a touch and able to interact with spirits like they were living people wasn't normal on any level. The others despite their quirks were normal. He had his quirks and these unique talents he never wanted or asked for. The biggest misfit of them all.

"Stay close. I don't live in a safe place. Till we get inside you will always be in danger."

He hated he had to say all of that but it was needed to be said.

Lamirose

• Popcorn
Reactions: Giibi
Lami smiled as he described his found family. She could tell he really cared about them, but underneath she could sense a bit of nervousness, this time for her own safety. He said he didn't live in a safe place, and of course strange, unsafe places worried Lami, but she figured with Rook there she should be able to defend herself just fine. She still had her voice, after all, and no matter how mean they looked, a lander man's heart would always turn to mush whenever a kivren opened her mouth.

Lami thought that he didn't really need to say stay close, because she already wanted to be close to him and with her arm linked through his, the sides of their bodies were touching. It was rather a pleasant feeling; Rook was warm already even though they had just gotten out of the water minutes before. There was something to be said about a lander man's warmth.

She looked around them as the village slowly got more rundown and dirty, and Lami began to understand what he meant. They were given some mean looks as they walked by, but she felt better with Rook by her side. If she had been alone, like before, she was sure she would not have taken one step into the street without being attacked or raped, even if she could defend herself to a certain extent.

• Sip
  • Popcorn
The young man was thankful as they walked that nothing bad was happening. Sure the jealous looks from people that was expected, but nothing more malicious than that. He kept himself alert and watching for trouble the whole way. So it came as a big relief when they finally arrived at his home.

The place was just as rundown looking as the rest but the door seemed sturdier. He pulled out his key and unlocked it. He held it open for Lami with a smile. His eyes glancing to make sure no one wanted to try and rush in. That had happened a week ago at another house. Bunch of thugs rushed the door after it was unlocked and opened so they could raid and kidnap those living there.

Once they were inside he locked the door and let out a heavy sigh of relief.

The inside was in much better condition than the outside would suggest. While far from perfect it was obvious someone (Rook) had been doing their best to fix and maintain it with limited resources.

"Welcome to my home Lami. Make yourself comfortable. Going to see who might be here."

Then without waiting for a reply, he was gone deeper into the house. First he checked up on Sig's room where he found what he had expected. Sig was in that deep sleep of his and wouldn't wake up even if the world came crashing in around him. So long as he was sleeping he would always be at peace. Something Rook envied.

Lamirose

• Sip
  • Popcorn
Lami looked over her shoulder as Rook unlocked the door and ushered them quickly inside. How could anyone live like this? She supposed it was better to have a house with a roof than none at all.

She craned her neck to look around the house, her mouth falling open in awe. This was less a house and more a home. She could tell it was a well-loved space, filled up with well-loved people. So different from the other house she had been in. Even though it was smaller and nowhere nearly as nice, it felt more comfortable.

She nodded and looked back at Rook but he had already disappeared down a hall further into the house. She ran her fingers over the furniture and anything laying around, marveling at how... different it all looked. Did landers really need all this stuff to live? Or maybe they only had it to make their homes more comfortable and less... confining, in a way.

She recalled the cave she slept in back home and still could not get over how the landers slept in large, fluffy things called beds. After her first night in a bed, she had been reluctant to return back to her cold, empty, hard cave where all she did was sleep. It couldn't really be called a home.

Miz'ri Giibi

"Giibi! Giibi! Dinner! I found it!" A short, grey skinned elf burst through the front door. She had a malnourished looking chicken struggling to free itself hugged to her chest, and a rusty dagger in her hand. Miz'ri cursed loudly, nearly tripping over a loose floorboard as Rook emerged from Sig's room.

Hmm... Why was Rook home so early? Shrugging, she turned her sightless eyes to Rook. "Rook! See?!" Miz'ri hugged her prize tighter and was rewarded with a very displeased squawk. "Sig not want to wake up, so took walk. Saw chicken on road and chased all around. But was victorious!" she beamed proudly. "You see Giibi? Wonder if-"

Wait. Why was there a woman there?! She been so busy regaling Rook with the story of her triumph that she had hardly noticed!

"Oh... Hello..." Miz'ri narrowed her large black eyes as she studied the stranger up and down. She appeared to be human and was incredibly beautiful. Almost ethereally so. "Miz'ri," the small elf finally spoke, pointing to herself with a finger.

Miz'ri cocked her head to the side as she turned her attention to Rook. "Ssindossa?" she inquired. The woman certainly had the looks for that kind of work. Miz'ri shook her head. No, that couldn't be right. They didn't have extra money for that. Even if they did, Miz thought that Rook wasn't the kind of man to waste money on female companionship, no matter how atrocious his luck with women might be, when it could be better spent on necessities.

"Girlfriend?" She gazed at Rook clearly expecting an introduction, or at the very least, an explaination of who this woman was.

Lamirose Rook Giibi

Last edited:
When suddenly:

"AHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEK! NO! No-no-no-NO-NO-NO!"

Giibi came flying out from behind the privacy partition in one of the corners, the patchy blanket hung up by a string, that marked what was essentially "her room." She came flying out at full speed until she tripped and rolled and sprawled out on the floor and scrambled back up to her feet and went running again. She ran and fell to her knees and clutched the nearest set of legs she could wrap her little arms around.

Which just so happened to be Miz'ri's.

Giibi looked up with a face stricken with true horror, tears clawing at her eyes, and she shouted with paramount dread:

"MIZ'RI! THERE'S A SPIDER IN THERE! THERE'S A SPIDER IN THEEEERRRR-HEEERRR-HEEERRR-HEEERRRaaaaaaaaaHHHHH!"

Before leaving Sig's room, Rook could hear Miz'ri proclaiming something about dinner. This prompted him to get back to the main living area as quickly as he could. There was no telling what it was she had found and was trying to get them to eat. Her sense of food was different than his and Sig's for sure. Giibi though was a wildcard that pretty much ate everything like it was a fine steak.

A chicken. The drow girl had caught a chicken. Most likely it was one that had escaped someone's coop and gotten lost in the street.... Good news for them. A chicken was worth a lot here in the Shallows because it meant fresh eggs that you didn't have to pay way too much for. All the food they could now make and enjoy! It was making him hungry again.

But that might have been from the effort of swimming and rowing earlier too.

Before he could think of answering Miz'ri or trying to persuade her not to kill the chicken, Giibi came bursting out of her room terrified. A spider had gotten into her room and sent her down a spiral. Not good. Giibi was already high energy enough as it was, but now she was going to be a mess at the same time.

"Don't worry. I got it Giibi." Rook said squeezing Giibi's shoulder with a smile.

Then he was off into her room. He looked everywhere. No sign of a spider at all. Not even near the section of her clothes he made sure not to peak at no matter how curious he was. So after awhile of no sign of it he gave up and left her room.

As Rook returned, he said, "Didn't find any spiders Giibi."

He smiled as a fuzzy black spider with white spots crawled across his hair to the top of his head and then squatted down to wait for prey.

Lamirose Miz'ri Giibi

A strange girl with short white hair, white skin, and black eyes burst in, exclaiming something about a chicken, swinging a half-dead animal that Lami deduced must be the chicken she was talking about. But then she froze when she spotted Lami. She pointed at herself, calling herself Miz'ri and it made a little more sense to Lami.

"I'm Lamirose," she replied, pointing to herself.

She didn't understand what a "ssindossa" was, nor a "girlfriend", but at least the second word sounded a little more intuitive. She was a girl, and she was Rook's friend, right? She nodded and smiled a little. "Yes,"

Then there was a flash of green and a small green creature clutched Miz'ri's legs. Rook called her Giibi as he went into the green girl's room to look for the spider that had her so riled up.

He came back out, saying he couldn't find any spiders but then Lami saw a fluffy, small creature with way too many legs sitting on the top of his head. Half scared and half curious, she walked up to Rook, reached forward and picked up the spider gently, opened a window, and dropped it out the window. Somehow she managed not to get bitten. Perhaps the spider was awed by her beauty.

Rook Miz'ri Giibi

"I SWEAR I SAW IT!" Giibi cried plaintively. Then, inexplicably to Lamirose, not yet even recognizing that she was a new face, Giibi said, "Tell him I saw it! It was there and it was big and it was fuzzy and it had all eight legs and it was LOOKING AT ME-HE-HE-HE-HEeeeeeaaaaAAAAAAAAAH!"

So wrapped up in strangling Miz'ri's legs and making her plea to Lamirose, Giibi did not yet see that the spider, cunning little creature, was in fact on the top of Rook's head.

Rook Miz'ri Lamirose

"Mm, mm," Miz'ri nodded approvingly as Lamirose confirmed that she was indeed Rook's girlfriend. Rook had brought home some questionable women over the years, but he seemed to have struck gold with this one. The beauty of a goddess and a lovely soothing voice. And since they were dating, that meant... "Lovely hills?" Miz'ri asked Rook hopefully. She had more buring questions about various other parts, but was rudely interrupted by a green blur screaming about spiders.

Miz'ri looked down at Giibi desperately clinging to her leg for dear life with confusion. Was this really all because of a dinky spider? "That?" she gestured towards Lami and the spider she held. "Tiny. Not scary. In Underrealm? Big and hairy. Larger than horse. Can ride. Good for travel." She shook her leg, futily attempting to free herself of the quivering goblin's grasp.

"What about hen?" Miz'ri inquired, her attention still locked on Giibi. A swift change of subject, and a silent prayer to whatever diety may be listening, to distract the distraught goblin from the terror she had experienced. And just maybe loosen her grip enough for Miz to free herself. "Gives eggs? Can make cakes and sweets!" She smiled dreaming of all the tasty things they could now have. "Ooh! Or perhaps just eat? Turn into soup? Or roast and stuff with bread?"

Miz'ri listed off other possible uses, still shaking her leg. She turned her large dark eyes to Lami and Rook, begging someone to rescue her from the little gremlin.

Lamirose Rook Giibi

Last edited:
  • Sip
  • Stressed
The spider was on his head! How did Giibi not notice that? How did he not notice that?

By Alliria they were lucky she hadn't and that it was only a harmless fly spider. If not for how the green girly would react he would have left it alone to play pest control for them. But thankfully Lami saw it outside safely. Mizzie had been talking the whole time. Something about friends and hills and hens. He hadn't been able to pay much attention.

"Uh yeah. Very lovely hills.... I can build us a coop for the chicken. Better to have eggs for weeks than fowl for a single meal."

Rook smiled to the Drow girl then turned his sights to the goblin clinging to her legs.

He went over and held his arms out wide with a smile to Giibi.

"Giibi I can protect you from the spider. Easier to hide with me than Mizzie's scrawny leg."

He wasn't exactly the best fed himself (often giving up portions of his own food to them), but he had a more bulk than the Drow girl for sure. While he hadn't forgotten about Lami being there his focus was most certainly on calming the mad maid down so her chaos gremlin nature wasn't on full display.

Lamirose Miz'ri Giibi

Rook's reaction was delayed; Lami had already freed the spider. She turned back to face the group, still standing by the window. Miz'ri asked about hills which confused Lami because there were no hills here as far as she could see and what did that have to do with being Rook's friend? Rook said the hills were lovely which only confused her more.

Then Miz'ri went on about the massive, hairy spiders that you could ride in the underrealm and Lami decided she never wanted to go there.

The animal they called the chicken could evidently lay eggs or be killed for meat. Lami wondered if it was like fish and if it tasted the same at all. They seemed to have so many more meat options on land, all with different tastes and textures.

Rook approached Giibi, trying to calm her down. She felt a bit forgotten in the midst of the chaos but she did not mind. She rather liked not having the attention on her, it gave her more opportunity to observe and try to make sense of what was happening.

Giibi missed everything Lamirose did with the spider—the plucking of it from Rook's head, the walk to the window, the exile of the arachnid out the same.

Because Giibi's attention became affixed with all the terrible force of trepidation upon Miz'ri. One could have mistaken her frown for a perfect "n" in written Common, and her wide eyes were full of white and devoid of their pupils' color.

In Underrealm? Big and hairy. Larger than horse.

"...what?"

Then Rook came close.

And he, instantly, acquired a goblin, Giibi clutching fiercely to him now and quite prepared to use him as a shield against the spider if need be—against any spider, small or larger than a horse. "What are we gonna doooooo~? Where did it go??"

Then, as inexplicably as she didn't recognize Lamirose as a new face, she now did recognize her as a new face, at last truly noticing her out of the corner of her eye. She turned her head as he clutched Rook and said to Lami, "Hi! Welcome to the Hidey-hole! BUT DON'T GO IN MY ROOM, IT'S DANGEROUS!"

Rook Lamirose Miz'ri

Miz'ri's eyes opened wide in excitement. They were going to keep the hen!? She finally had a pet! After all the times Sig didn't allow her to keep the rats, or spiders, or whatever other creepy crawlies she found, she finally had something she could call her own! "Name?" Miz'ri squinted her eyes at the hen struggling in her arms. "Dinner!"

With that decided, she marched right up to Lami still keeping a firm grip on her new companion. So this strange new woman was Rook's "girlfriend" eh? Miz'ri would see about that! SHE was the one who got to decide if Lami was good enough for Rook.

She narrowed her eyes as she looked up at Lamirose. "Berry juice or ale?" the small elf demanded. "Cake or cookies? Doggies or kitties?" Her eyes narrowed even further. "Big hills or small hills?" Because you never could really tell just by looking.

Depending on her answers, Lami would either find herself warmly welcomed in with open arms, or with an armful of sharp teeth.

Lamirose Rook Giibi

Last edited:
Rook had become an anti-spider suit of armor for a goblin. Giibi was clinging to him so tightly that he knew there was no getting her off for awhile. Not that he minded. His arms went around her to give her a warm embrace as he began to soothingly rub her back and sides in an attempt to calm her down.

"Gone. Out of the house and everything was shut. Not getting back in."

A bit of a lie. There was no keeping a spider out of the house even if it was outside right now. Too many small holes for them to crawl through and be right back in. They could be inside of a geode and probably would still find spiders that had found a way inside.

"Let's go to my room. No spiders in there."

Partly true. He never saw any signs of them in there even if he was pretty sure there was a couple living on his ceiling and walls.

Rook stood up and carried Giibi towards his room. As he was leaving he looked back to Mizzie and said, "Mind getting Lami something to eat and drink? She is our guest and is owed that much."

The curtain to his room was shifted to the side and he entered. Inside was a small room made all the smaller by a short workbench with a small anvil and small brazier for heating up metal right next to it. All kinds of tools and materials lay scattered about the bench. A trunk for his other belongings stood at the foot of a bed barely big enough for him.

It was on the bed he sat and just held onto Giibi trying to get her to calm down.

Lamirose Miz'ri Giibi