Open Chronicles A little luck never hurt anyone

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Robin rose her hands and a bolt of lightning shot out if both,on landed in front of her and the other by the carriage, soon portals appeared from the ground making loud cracking noises. Robin took a step back into the alleyway as not be seen,she readed invisibility.

As a lightning bolt soared by the carriage the mix of Jax yelling and the bolt the guards fumbled everything and reacted to late as Jax whiped the horses and headed for the portal

Robin was tired from the magic but she had enough power to do a few more spells. She used the invocation adsendent step and began to float. She didn’t really know what the plan was now but she was ready to improvise

Has the carriage jolts back and presses forward Jax takes a quick look back, "where is she, I am almost through the portal now" as arrows begin being shot at him, missing. Hmm he turns forward and continues through

As Jax went through the portal robin jumped on to the carriage roof and closed the portal.

“Ok! Now what?” She yelled,pulling out a hand cross bow from her bag and firing back at them

Jax jumps a little by the surprise of her appearing, "oh jeez!" He yelped.

"Well first we need to get this out of town, I know of a cabin just in the woods about a mile or so out past the city walls, where does this gate portal even take us!" He yelled gripping the reins to whip to go faster.

“I think I know what you talking about” she opened a portal in front of them and they road out next the barn.

“Ok,should we see what’s in here?”

Not used to traveling through portals often, he was slightly dizzy as the carriage comes to a halt.

"Not yet, I am eager but I like this carriage so I'm going to keep it, just a quarter mile more through the woods." He continues forward and eventually they arrive at this dark slightly rundown cabin. He jumps down off the carriage and walks towards the side. A small latch hidden in the vines from the side of the cabin pulls and the ground slowly pops up, revealing a downward ramp into the ground.

He looks back to Robin, requesting she takes the reins and guides them down the ramp. "Dont worry, itll open up down there just move forward I'll jump on."

Robin looked confused at the reins

“I don’t know how these work” she said

“It’s a trap,kill him” no, she wouldn’t.she would get the box.

Jax gives a soft laugh
"Just a gentle tap with the whip and they will move forward, if you want to stop just pull the the reins and they will, it's simple, but I'll need you to move em so I can close this behind us."

Jax followed the carriage with his eyes as she rode past and down the ramp. He begins walking behind it until they are both under and pulls a lever which brings down the top.

He walks up to the carriage and hops back up next to Robin.

" a lot has happened in a short amount of time, and whether it be my judgement be lacking or I just see something in you I can trust, I have never shown others down here since my team was together last." He looks forward down the tunnel as they pass, torch lights flicker on to light the way.

"Up ahead is the garage where we can park this to the left is the entrance, I'll explain more once we park."

“Ok” she said

In the meantime she opened and book and wrote in it,but because of how she was sitting now it was impossible for Jax to see it

As the carriage pulls up to the spot Jax hops down and turns toward Robin lifting a hand to help walk down off the cart.

They walk up to the door and Jax knocks twice then once then three times. A soft voice speaks up.

"Hello Jax is that you?" She asks.
" yes lilly it is, and I brought a frie..ehm um aquaintence with me, please open up."
"Password please" she says
Jax gives a smile and turns to the door and quietly says "fe fi fo fum, I smell bubble gum." He says sort of embarrassed scratching the back of his neck. The soft voice giggles and opens the door.

Jax motions to Robin, "Ladies first" and he follows behind. A small human child greets them both waving fast and smiling big.
"Jax!" She runs up and hugs him
" I was wondering when you were coming home again, the others are in the great room."

As they walk through a hallway, which has wood lining the walls, the flooring is wood also with rugs placed here and there and art work on the sides, lit candles gave the hallway a peaceful glow. They arrive at the great room. Which has the same floors and walls and giant rug, there is a huge fireplace at the end and has stairs that lead up to a second part both floors having different doors leading somewhere and a giant chandelier hanging from the center ceiling. With a fair amount of couches and tables around.

As they walk in Jax turns his towards Robin.
"This is what I was talking about, welcome to the SafeDen Orphanage. "

Robin looked around curiously

“This rather nice...wait ophenage?” She said suprised,her green eyes darkened a little

Get the box already” she knew he couldn’t deny him for long,but he didn’t want to betray Jax trust...
She was conflicted

"Yeah!" He proudly exclaimed
He turned to her, noticing her eyes darken.
"I..uh..well there is no need to keep you here longer, follow me to our test chamber, it's where we bring new artifacts or well I guess boxes to work on." He leads her through a door on the right which lead down a hallway with glass panes on each side, each showing a small or bigger room with artifacts collected over the years on display. They arrive to a door at the end and Jax unlocks it and opens the door to a large room with concrete around the walls and ceiling and floor with padding up against the walls on top. He walks over to the table on the side presses a switch that opens a metal door in the center room that leads to a medium sized room where it was obvious tests have been conducted.

"Ok just place the box on the pedestal and step back to the corner of this metal room." He says has he closes the door behind them and steps to the other corner.

"This should be safe enough for you to use your spell"

“You have the box” she said plainly and she walked to the back of the room and looked for the spell in her tomb

She quitely mumbled. “I’ll open it and see if it worth our time nagoon” she mumbled,hoping Jax wouldn’t hear

"Oh!" He begins to laugh
"All of this running around distracted me for a sec"

Jax walk over to the pedestal and turns to bring is bag in front, he places it and begins opening the bag. As he begins to grip the box, a green light begins to glow around it and a pulse of energy shoots through his hands up his arms causing him to be blown back against the wall knocking him out cold

“Well...f*ck” she said

She rushed over to him and cast lay on hands to heal him.

“HEY! ANYONE IN THIS HOUSE A MEDIC?”

Like clockwork 4 children walk up.
"Is everything alright in there?" Lilly asks,
"We heard a loud thump, and just checking in"

"No! Jax!" She yells running over to the switch opening the door.
Lilly runs over to Robin
She pulls out a small charm on a necklace and places it on his chest.
"This was a magic charm Elisa gave me before she left, this will heal him you just need to give him some time to recover, we should take him to his chambers and let him rest." She explains as her and the others bring over a mat and lay him down lifting him and carrying him away.

Robin lent against a wall and sighed...

The box. She looked over to it,she had the spell.

She cast it,causing the symbol in the middle to glow and the box to slowly open