Open Chronicles A little luck never hurt anyone

Discussion in 'The Chronicles' started by BerrangisKhan, Mar 22, 2019.

  1. BerrangisKhan

    Member
    BerrangisKhan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2019
    Messages:
    47
    Clear blue skies fill the atmosphere as the camera pans down over looking Elbion. The hustle and bustle of the locals daily routines fill the area with sound conveying well beyond a mile outside the city walls where I am sitting. Jax, a 27 year old changeling sits perched up against the tree ontop of a sturdy branch 12 feet up. As he turns his head from the direction of the city, he lays his head back against the tree letting a gentle sigh as his eyes begin to close.

    The gentle peaceful breeze blowing past and the sounds of birds chirping becomes interrupted by the sound of voices and a carriage. Jax slowly turns his head left to notice a medium sized carriage being pulled by 2 horses a gnome holding the reins, a dwarf walking to the right, and an elf to the left, conversing about their latest discovery. Normally Jax would not be phased by this, due to travelers are always moving in and out of Elbion. Something caught his attention though just as his eyes began to close again. "If anyone catches wind of what we have here...well let's just say it wouldn't be good for any of us." Jax's head perks up and still not seen by the travellers as they pass below the branch, Jax quietly crouches up and waits for the opportunity to jump, and lands softly ontop of the carriage. With the cover of the noise from town and the conversations the soft thud created does not alert anyone. He crawls over to the back and grips the top of the cart and kicks his legs up and sort of falls backward to the road swinging himself into the back landing softly.

    The usual containers fill the back of the carriage and he doesnt quite see anything worth taking after a few minutes and scoffs at what the travelers mentioned earlier and went to leave, as he gripped the side of the cart he turned his head toward the front to make sure no one sees him, the cart hits a decent pothole causing some of the contents in the back to shift, in doing so a small glimmer reflected over Jax's eyes and he looked and crept closer to see. The box is a medium size container not to much weight to it but the outside of it is wooden with strange intricate metal engravings and a small gem on top that appears to be in the middle of a four leaf clover. Without hesitation he grabs the container and quietly slips out the back and quickly moves to the trees, he makes it just in time as he stands covered by a tree and the elf walking to the right turned his head back with the slight sound of movement but saw nothing and brushed it off and kept on going. The travelers eventually faded into the distance towards town.

    "How do I get this open?" Jax says with a puzzled look. Normally he would be able to open whatever he wanted, the life of a thief held very little to imagine with lock picking. Determined to get it open he stashes it in his bag and perks around the tree with Elbion in his sights, he let's out another sigh and begins his travel into town. From all the years of experience in town there is a tavern he believes someone might be able to help. The Crooked Goblet, located in the slightly lower end of town, who's knows who or what he may find...
     
  2. Elise Virak

    Elise Virak Guest

    She hated this city.

    Looking out from her carriage at the street around her Elise couldn't help but feel a sense of extreme loathing. Her lips were thin, pressed together in a tight show of displeasure. Golden eyes floated from the facades of different buildings, her displeasure only increasing as she took in more of Elbion.

    The Baroness wasn't quite sure what was worse, the unwashed masses allowed to roil around in the street or the mages that ruled over them. There were few of the latter group yet, but she knew that they were here somewhere.

    Nails clacked against the heavy wooden armrest attached to the door of the carriage, her eyes closing as a free hand came up to pinch the bridge of her nose. Elise hated being here. The journey had been miserable, and she knew that her stay within this detestable city was not going to be much better.

    This was her fathers doing of course, her being here.

    Vel Anir was pulling itself into a grander stage, and her father intended to be part of it. House Virak had always been a family of military purpose, but now that was changing. At least that was her fathers intent.

    It wouldn't work of course, not if she had anything to say about it. There were ways of dealing with the rest of the world, and it did not involve diplomacy.

    Still, she would due her duty in this city. If only for the sake of appearances.
     
    BerrangisKhan likes this.
  3. cyberwarhead

    Member
    cyberwarhead Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2019
    Messages:
    41
    Robin walked down the road toward Elbion,muttering to herself. She had just come out of a dungeon and was going to town to sell the goods she had found.

    She continued forward to see man walk into the city,holding a box. The voice in her head exclaimed loudly,

    I need that! Get it

    Robin didn’t know why and she wasn’t in the mental state to fight back against the orders so she took her patrons command and press forward, following him into the bar.

    “The croocked goblet?” She said to no one in particular. “Why do all bars have dumb names?”

    Not wanting to keep Him waiting she moved into the bar and sat down,waiting for a good moment
     
    BerrangisKhan likes this.
  4. BerrangisKhan

    Member
    BerrangisKhan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2019
    Messages:
    47
    The stench in the bar smelled of despair and bad luck, there was the older female dwarven barkeep standing behind the wall length bar, 5 tables 3 of which were taken, 2 medium sized booths in the back wall, and a small stage to the right which appeared to have it's fair share of entertainment.

    Jax looked around at the patrons, "none of these folk look like they could even point me in the direction to the bar..ugh, well let me sit at the booth for a bit and wait to see if someone catches my eye." He says to himself. As he makes it to the booth a gnome waitress walks up, "hiyah! Welcome to the crooked goblet, what'll you be having to drink hun?" Jax was not one to drink, but didnt want to look weird sitting there with nothing. "I'll just have a small pint miss.." "oh! Sorry dear, the names Jess, a small pint coming up!"

    Jax sits back and gives a soft sigh, surely someone here can help. He looks at each patron closer, his eyes wondering from face to face, until his eyes meet the face of what looked to be a female, but couldn't tell if she what race she was. She appeared to be filthy, like she just out of a dark wet place. "Hmm, a possible adventurer maybe?" He thought to himself. He waited till her eyes met his so he could signal her over.

    "That'll be 5 copper sir" Jax hands her 1 gold coin, "thank you for your service, but maybe one more thing you could do for me?" He asks. "Sure hun, what'll it be" "without looking to noticeable, you see that lady over at the table there? Would you mind asking her if she could join me? I have a few questions for her but, it would be best if I dont move much at the moment." After receiving the gold coin Jess's response was in favor of Jax. "Of course dear! I dont mind being your wingman!" She says while giving a wink and walking off. "Its not like tha!... no use she already left." He exclaims to no avail as he places a hand over his forehead looking down giving a slight annoyed sigh. "Well, we shall see how this goes"
     
  5. cyberwarhead

    Member
    cyberwarhead Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2019
    Messages:
    41
    When robin was called over she hesitated,what should she do? She waited for her patron to give her order but none came. She slowly got up and walked to the booth,hesitant.

    “Hello,what do you need?” She said and sat down across from him

    When she sat down Jess asked what she would have but she quickly denied having anything. She pulled down her hood to see better,her hair was white with a small bloodstain on one part.

    Her leather armor was visible under the cloak and was in poor condition, many cuts and stains. Her metal arm was obvious now,but the fore arm floated independent of the other half,magical electricity zapped quick where the elbow would be if it was there.
     
  6. Elise Virak

    Elise Virak Guest

    Elise stared with dead eyes at the streets around her.

    She did not want to be here. She did not want to be anywhere near here.

    The Carriage kept on moving, winding it's way through the city streets until it passed by several small crowded taverns. From her perch within the cart she could hear the noise, the crowds practically roaring as they milled about within their filth. Elise frowned a moment, watching in silence.

    As a teenager she had found those places fascinating.

    The idea of spending time with commoners, of doing something where she wasn't watched by her fathers guards had been absolutely exhilarating.

    Now it seemed a horror story.
     
    BerrangisKhan likes this.
  7. BerrangisKhan

    Member
    BerrangisKhan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2019
    Messages:
    47
    As she approaches to booth, Jax raises his hand beckoning this woman to accompany him. "My, you look like you have had some fun recently." He states. "the name is Jax, pleasure to meet you." He says raising his hand to her to shake. "I am not one to usually do this but i am in need of some assistance and, well you looked like you might be able to help." He gives her a quick over look, notices the small shock her arm made. "But before that, if you would not mind, i figured i get to know you a little bit more before we dive in." He pauses to see her reaction.

    While she sits, Jax notices a very well made wooden carriage slowly pass out front the tavern, "hm, i wonder who would be riding through this area in that...i wonder what goods there may be inside...hm something i may check on later." He says as the woman sits down.
     
  8. cyberwarhead

    Member
    cyberwarhead Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2019
    Messages:
    41
    Robin shook hands with him and sat down. She curiously looked at him,try notice anything use to her or her patron.
    She eventually brought her attention back to Jax without hearing what he mentioned about the carriage.

    “So what exactly do you need help with?” She asked, eyeing his bag where he saw him out the box,it was very easy to notice.

    Suddenly The Patron yelled in her head.

    Take it now,kill him” what? No. To many people,and he seem to powerful to take out easily. “No,another way” she mumbled quietly,hoping the rougelike man wouldn’t hear
     
  9. BerrangisKhan

    Member
    BerrangisKhan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2019
    Messages:
    47
    "I can sense you already know why I called you over.* he says has one hand slides over top of the bag giving it a little tap. "It is warm in here, excuse me while I drape down my hood.* His tanned human skin softly glows under the tavern lights revealing his salt and pepper undercut style hair, and his medium length full bear also with hints of salt and pepper in it. He looks back to her. "Sorry about that, kind of stuffy in here." He pauses. "Now where was I? Oh! Yes, I can tell you and I share somewhat similar tastes when it comes to..well..goods. which is why I need your help. I for the life of me cant seem to get this open, it's not like any other box of goods." He exclaimed. "The gentleman men I aqui..ehh mhm..received it from were saying if this fell into the wrong hands it could be bad for everyone. Now I obviously am curious and need to open it, however the box has no way to open. No lock. No hinges. Nothing. But it does have this.." he stealthily pulls the box out on the seat to show her. I have never seen a box this intricate nor with this 4 leafed clover and gem, now I know this is worth something all on it's own, but I know there is something in here far more valuable. Have you come across anything like this before?" He asks while maintaining a good grip on the box.
     
  10. cyberwarhead

    Member
    cyberwarhead Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2019
    Messages:
    41
    Robin looked at box,examining it from many angles,feeling it gently n the edges and tapping the gem. She though for a moment and pulled a large tome from her side and opened it in the tables

    “I’d suggest you’d cover your eyes,this book can be...uncomprehendable at times” she said and flipped through the tome

    She soon came to a page that she was interested in,she read through it,but quickly for even her mind could not stand the dread of the book for long.

    “I found a spell that may work” she stated and stood,closing the book. She preformed a spell designed to get through magic locks. As she resited the spell everyone around her filled with dread and fear.
     
  11. BerrangisKhan

    Member
    BerrangisKhan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2019
    Messages:
    47
    He flips up his hood to mask his face. " I love attention like the next guy, which i really dont, why dont we do this elsewhere, bad enough we aren't near any friendly faces, dont need anyone else to interfere." As he tugs at her clothes
     
  12. cyberwarhead

    Member
    cyberwarhead Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2019
    Messages:
    41
    She heard what he said a sped up the spell and then pointed her hand the box
    The gem in the middle glowed a the box began to open slowly. She sat down

    “Who are you any way?” She asked like she totally didn’t cast some black magic of the elder gods.
     
  13. BerrangisKhan

    Member
    BerrangisKhan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2019
    Messages:
    47
    Jax smirked as she quickly sat sat down, something he hasn't done in a long time.

    He brings his face up slowly, "It is complicated and a somewhat long story that after knowing you can help me I will share with you, however not here and not right now." He looks towards the door, and ponders for a second. "Hmm, perhaps there is something that may be of interest to us both, apart from the box that is. There was a beautifully crafted wagon passing by just as you were first walking up. Shall we go investigate it, and maybe I'll share some things with you? Of course this being a fair deal, something's about yourself as well?" He offers.
     
  14. cyberwarhead

    Member
    cyberwarhead Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2019
    Messages:
    41
    “Take the offer” the words screamed in her head.

    “Sure” she said and got up and placed her book back in her bag.

    She stood up from the table and looked around before walking towards the door.

    “What are we investigating exactly,rouge?” She said as she walked
     
  15. BerrangisKhan

    Member
    BerrangisKhan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2019
    Messages:
    47
    He walks over towards the door and holds it open for her. Then follows behind.
    "Well I have been in this city for sometime and for being one who has a want for valuables if you will, I take notice of highly probable profits when I see them. The carriage I saw belongs to a very rich family, and though this is a minor detour from our little friend here." As he Pat's the bag. "I cant help but get this feeling pulling it towards me. We have some time to make up so where do you hail from..I'm sorry I did not catch your name."
     
  16. cyberwarhead

    Member
    cyberwarhead Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2019
    Messages:
    41
    “Robin and I’m from alliria” she stated they walked. She looked around nervously.

    “So our plan is to rob the cart?” She asked,still unsure of what was happening exactly
     
  17. BerrangisKhan

    Member
    BerrangisKhan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2019
    Messages:
    47
    "Pleasure to meet you Robin" he nodded.

    " have you never robbed someone before? i do it all the time, besides a profession, its the only thing that keeps me sane in this dull city." He says with a slight chuckle

    "but to answer your question, yes, yes we are. i already know you can open the chest for me, but with what i just saw we should be away from other people, i dont know what will happen to me, but im sure i could handle more than most. Besides this pull i feel, i also want to know if i can trust you, which i believe is fair considering we both dont know whats inside this box, so help me with the cart and then i will know i can trust you. unless you work for the guard and are waiting for the right time to poune." he says laughing a bit.

    The carriage was just up the road a few more blocks.
     
  18. cyberwarhead

    Member
    cyberwarhead Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2019
    Messages:
    41
    Robin rolled her eyes,she felt like robbing someone was so below her. Then she look at her arm and her scars.
    Nothing was below her now. As they walked robin used a Cantrip,a spell that is easy and requires little to no concentration to conjure. The cantrip made a white glovedhand about twice the size of the average human hand.

    “This should prove useful” she said at the hand floated around her.

    As they neared the carriage she asked “what are we looking for exactly?”
     
  19. BerrangisKhan

    Member
    BerrangisKhan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2019
    Messages:
    47
    Jax notices this hand appear out of thin air. "Hmm very useful indeed"

    They walk about a block away and Jax signals to a close alleyway. "I dont exactly know to be honest, but that's what makes it fun." He smirks as he peeks around the corner. "Ok I count 1..2..aaannd 3 guards that I can see."1 guard is talking to a local vendor with his back turned from the alleyway and the other 2 are sort of leaning up against the side of the carriage just conversing. "It appears they are somewhat distracted ,however the 2 against the cart might be an issue, what say you? Go for it or leave for another time?" He asked as he turns back into the alleyways towards Robin. Noticing she is still slightly beat up.
     
  20. cyberwarhead

    Member
    cyberwarhead Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2019
    Messages:
    41
    Robin thought for a moment

    “Don’t you guys normally use distractions in these situations?” She asked

    “I have many spells that could be useful”
    She mentioned “including invisibly”
     
  21. BerrangisKhan

    Member
    BerrangisKhan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2019
    Messages:
    47
    Jax stares out to the road calmly for a few seconds, let's out a gentle sigh and turns his head back to Robin.

    "I used to have a team, 2 others. We used to run this town, or so we thought...but anyways they would be the ones to cause the distractions as I would swoop in behind and snatch the item. I can pick almost any lock so that's what I did. Either way, we would need something to get the 2 off the carriage otherwise they will hear us even as invisible."
     
  22. cyberwarhead

    Member
    cyberwarhead Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2019
    Messages:
    41
    Robin thought for a while

    “I have a spell called charm person,but I can only do one at a time.”

    She continued to think.

    “There is also Arcane gate,But they would hear it,It’s loud,but we could snatch and run through again then I cast invisiblity on both of us...”
     
  23. BerrangisKhan

    Member
    BerrangisKhan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2019
    Messages:
    47
    Jax taps his chin for a second.

    What if you cast the gate opposite side of all of us, so past them, that should gather their attention as they walk forward, cast invisibility on us and we slide on over grab what we can find, we can sort through it later, then go through the gate?"

    Jax looks back around the corner, and back. "Actually is the gate wide enough for a carriage to fit through?" He smirks
     
  24. cyberwarhead

    Member
    cyberwarhead Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2019
    Messages:
    41
    “Yes I can make it big enough,but then I won’t be able to cast invisibility”
    She said

    “If That our plan let’s go,before it get so far away” she said raising her hand s for a spell”
     
  25. BerrangisKhan

    Member
    BerrangisKhan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2019
    Messages:
    47
    Jax claps his hands, "luckily enough I have driven a few carriages in my time" he chuckles.
    "Ok you set up the distraction and as I am heading through the gate jump on, I dont know where itll take us but let me sneak over I'll give you a signal." He says as he stealthily leaves the alleyway towards the carriage.

    The noise from the town was just loud enough to mask his approach as he slides up the other side of the cart, the voices from the guards talking about their late night shenanigans ran through cart to Jax. He smirks and slowly climbs up to the helm, without hesitation he yells out very loud towards Robin.

    "SIGNALL!!!!!!" he laughs as he whips the reins
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice